• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOF (10mg) + Phenibut (1g) - First Time - A walk through the vineyards.

Psychestim

Bluelighter
Report was cross-posted from the Small & Handy DOF thread and updated.

information:

- weight: 77 kg (~170 lbs)
- height: 1.75 m (~5.8 ft)
- setting: Stadtwanderweg 5, Stammersdorf, Vienna
- about me: experienced with dozens of psychedelic tryptamines, lysergamides and phenethylamines. Last psychedelic experience took place on 05/03/2022 (03/05/2022, for my American friends) with 150 mcg 1P-LSD, so over three weeks ago.

DOF (10mg, oral) // Mini-Report:

Had a lovely day yesterday on a gram of phenibut with 10mg of DOF. I took it on a hike through the vineyards of Vienna with my girlfriend and it was the perfect drug for this occasion. It took at least 90 minutes to feel first alerts, but maybe because we were walking already and I didn't pay close attention to what was happening. It was a beautiful spring day with a temperature of around 18° Celsius (~64°F) and permanent sunshine. We walked 19km (~11.8 miles) in total and I had endless energy, no tiredness or signs of exhaustion whatsoever. The stimulation was encouraged and not forced, very similar to the stimulation I get from mescaline, so I had no trouble lying down on the grass and remaining calm for a certain period of time. We ate a bunch of strawberries and other fruits, some slices of "gugelhupf", and small loaves of ramson bread. There was no appetite suppression at all, the food was delicious and I needed the energy. We listened to some 60's music while looking over Vienna and it was gorgeous. I was so happy and grateful lying there in the grass with my girlfriend and the sun shining on my face. After an hour of rest we decided to continue our hike and walked, and walked, and walked. My grilfriend didn't take the DOF and got a little tired of hiking all day and not eating much, so we decided to walk down the small "mountain" to get a glass of wine and some food in a typical Viennese "Heuriger". Before we got there I looked back up on the hill and had a unique visual effect that somehow hybridized your typical visual drifting with a circular moving recursion. It almost made me a little dizzy but it was fascinating to look at, especially since DOF was almost completely absent of any visual effects up to this point (maybe around T:05:00). It reminded me of the alcohol spin when you drank a little too much and close your eyes but much lighter. Other than that there were no visuals aside from a slight acuity enhancement and the occasional diffraction, but as it was such a bright day everything looked pretty normal. The scenery was so beautiful though, the cherry blossoms were blooming in a whiteish-rosè color, the sun had adopted an orange glow and the sky was entirely absent of clouds. When we finally found a "Heuriger", my girlfriend ordered a salad with stripes of fried chicken and I ordered a salad with some bacon-wrapped feta. We also had a cold glass of Rosè Zweigelt and pinot blanc, which tasted absolutely incredible. The warmth and enhanced euphoria when you drink alcohol on the comedown of a psychedelic are so reliably induced and it was no different here. I had no trouble communicating with the waiter and the people sitting behind us. I felt pretty confident and was in a fantastic mood for the entirety of the day, but to fair it would've been an awesome day even without the drugs. At T:08:00 we decided to head home and grab some Sushi on the way as we weren't completely satisfied by the small salad. We smoked a little bit of weed and watched some Austrian trash TV with my roommate before going to bed at T:12:00. I fell asleep almost immediately even though I still had noticable pupil dilation when I brushed my teeth.
Woke up in a great mood today, a little hypomanic perhaps, but after I ate sth. my mood settled and I was back to normal.

thoughts:

DOF is a very subtle, but lovely substance and I can't wait to try it at a higher dose and in a different setting. The mildness reminded me a bit of ARIADNE (4C-D) but DOF felt more complete in a sense and I am much more eager to take this psychedelic again than 4C-D. I'm curious how the visual effects might change at 15mg+ and if there is going to be some closed eye imagery in a dark environment. There was no apparent headspace at this dose, neither was there any bodyload or any other negative side-effects. No nausea, no headache on the comedown and no sleeplessness after the main effects have worn off. An overall great molecule that needs some further exploration! I will write a more detailed trip-report for my 15 mg trial but had an urge to give my preliminary thoughts.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dof
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting report, DOF is really nice stuff the day I took 20-25mgs cant remember right now it was a real nice trip so deff try it in higher doses. But like you mentioned it's subtle especially compared to the other DOx it reminds me of DOiP more than any other but DOF is the better one. I would deff take it again someday if I ever come across anymore. Depending on how much material you have deff take it to 20mgs or tho I am kind of a hard head with psychs I generally take 3-4mgs when I dose DOC for instance. Thanks again for the report look forward to hearing back more from you in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie! :)

Yes, that’s the plan. I just generally like to up my doses gradually before diving in head first. I want to try 15mg next, followed by 20mg, and perhaps 10-12mg + a tab of acid.

I also have some DOiP, what would you say is a comparable dose to some 20mg DOF or 3mg DOC? The latter I have also not tried yet, but it will probably be my next DOx.

Last edited:
I'd say that DOiP and DOF are of a similar potency just that I had a little more speediness with the former and the later had a smoother euphoria which I was very much into. DOC is like whole other ball game I'd even say that 1mg of DOC is equivalent to almost 20mgs of the first two and it's just a very powerful drug. I'd say that DOC is one of the best psychedelics known to men and those other to are nice drugs but sort of novelties in a sense. I would deff go into the DOC with the assumption your gonna have your mind blown. I like microdosing that one alot when I'm running on low sleep it makes for a sparkling/stimulating day enhancer. When I wanna really go for it I'll take like 4mgs and have my world rocked for 24 hours, I love it. I've probably taken that one over fifty times easily at all different dosage ranges.

I agree with Charlie, DOC is one of my all-time faves, at one point it was solidly my favorite and I joked that it was an acronym for Drug Of Choice, or the good DOCtor. It has it all, euphoria, sociability, visuals, headspace, introspection. I like to say it is like is LSD and mescaline had a love-child. It has all the best characteristics of both drugs, but is unique, and significantly longer lasting. The duration used to be a positive for me but as I've gotten older, the duration has become its one and only downside, I wish it was more like LSD length. But the long duration allows it to unfold slowly and gracefully and is part of the whole experience. The first stage, up through the long peak, is one part, and then it hits the plateau stage which is usually one of the most awesome states I can think of, I feel so zen, comfortable, energetic and chill, and the useful and fun thoughts just flow and flow.

2mg is a great dose, it's my usual dose these days. It's a full trip, without any of the vasoconstriction that can develop at higher doses.

I agree with Charlie, DOC is one of my all-time faves, at one point it was solidly my favorite and I joked that it was an acronym for Drug Of Choice, or the good DOCtor. It has it all, euphoria, sociability, visuals, headspace, introspection. I like to say it is like is LSD and mescaline had a love-child. It has all the best characteristics of both drugs, but is unique, and significantly longer lasting. The duration used to be a positive for me but as I've gotten older, the duration has become its one and only downside, I wish it was more like LSD length. But the long duration allows it to unfold slowly and gracefully and is part of the whole experience. The first stage, up through the long peak, is one part, and then it hits the plateau stage which is usually one of the most awesome states I can think of, I feel so zen, comfortable, energetic and chill, and the useful and fun thoughts just flow and flow.

2mg is a great dose, it's my usual dose these days. It's a full trip, without any of the vasoconstriction that can develop at higher doses.
Thanks for the little summary, Xorkoth. I know you love your DOC lol, you were one of the few people that really sparked my interest in it in the first place, and also the more novel DOX. Your reports are pivotal datapoints for me and I’m really looking forward to what you’re gonna say about DOB, aka the DO* compound that always intrigued me the most, alongside DOM. I assume you’re gonna love it.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure I will love it, I just need to find the time. I find DOM kind of transparent and underwhelming but some people really love it.

Ok, thanks.
Nice, I’m pretty stoked about DOC since everyone on here speaks so highly of it. Will probably start with 2mg, that should be a good introductory dose.
Yeah, I think that's a solid idea. My first experience with DOC was at 1.5mg iirc, and that dropped me off in the liminal space between active dose and sparkly day enhancer. It was still a fine experience, but my least favorite I've had with it.

2mg-2.5mg seems like the sweet spot for me. While I think more would be rewarding, the side-effects get a little annoying for me as the dosage creeps up. They're pretty negligible in the sweet spot.

I like to say it is like is LSD and mescaline had a love-child. It has all the best characteristics of both drugs,
God, I wish it were like that for me! I don't find DOC to be very mescaline-y. For me, it's kind of its own wonderful thing. I can kind of compare it to LSD in that it's not very cosmic, but instead grounded. I can compare it to mescaline in that it feels more focused on the interpersonal than any other domain (but not all that much.) It's just so sturdy, so stable over the arc of the experience. I find that remarkable. Despite not being particularly deep or threatening, it's really well-rounded. Luckily for me, the duration is pretty good—twelve hours in and out. That's less than LSD and mescaline!
I'm quite sure I will love it, I just need to find the time. I find DOM kind of transparent and underwhelming but some people really love it.
I don't know when I'm going to have time to revisit this one at a higher dose like I want to. I found it to be pretty empty and voidlike, but in a way that I felt had promise at a higher dose.

It's not exactly like LSD and mescaline, it's definitely unique. I don't mean that it feels like a combination of LSD and mescaline being dosed together, but that it is a unique substance with strong qualities of both, like how you can be very like your parents in some ways to the point that others are struck by it, but you still have your own qualities that are just your own, too. It's definitely its own, wonderful thing, but so many characteristics of it remind me of each of those drugs.

Wow, only 12 hours duration for you? That's great. For me, it is a LOT longer than that. And it messes with my sleep for even longer. I have taken it at noon and had trouble sleeping the NEXT night (but I have insomnia after basically every psychedelic for substantially longer than their durations, usually).

Sounds like a great day, thanks again for sharing. :) Definitely a fan of DOF, and 10 mg was actually a great dosage for me, I think I'm probably just going to keep using that much for all of my remaining doses when I get around to them.

The mildness reminded me a bit of ARIADNE (4C-D) but DOF felt more complete in a sense and I am much more eager to take this psychedelic again than 4C-D.

I felt this way too. Both kind of feel like a milder DOx molecule in different ways except that DOF actually, rightfully so, retains more of the DOx signature than 4C-D does, and I think that makes a significant difference for me. It still feels deeper while also still being subtler.

I'm curious how the visual effects might change at 15mg+ and if there is going to be some closed eye imagery in a dark environment.

I didn't like the body feeling as much at 15 mg but it did start getting kind of visionary for me. Reminded me more so of a subtle tryptamine than it had before, although even at 10 mg I find it kind of LSD-like.