Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOTFM (2mg) - New Experience

adder

Bluelighter
It's kind of old report on DOTFM that I translated to English. Anyway, I haven't seen anything on DOTFM so I thought I would share.

DOTFM, 1-[2,5-dimetoxy-4-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]propan-2-amine, 2,5-dimetoxy-4-trifuloromethylamphetamine

Route/Dose: 2mg of HCl salt orally

Report: I felt pleasantly light-headed in a matter of 20-30 minutes, it must be that liquid. Closed-eyes visuals attacked me right off. I was waiting for some anxiety to start but it didn't actually or I didn't feel it/focus on it. I was at peace and if anything really happened it must have been so weak that it didn't disturb the experience or I didn't notice it because I was really astonished with visuals. And I was really into it, no fear. Then for like 6-8 hours I was tripping my balls off. This was a totally full blown psychedelic experience with a lot of colors, patterning and reflections. I had a problem with locations too actually. I left a room and entered another one. I had a strange feeling I walked into kind of other world. This got really messy at that time. Almost out-of-body experience and I’ve never felt this way before, not exactly this way [with psychedelics]. But my mind and body were all the time connected anyway. I let it go, closed my eyes, but nothing really happened in this aspect [of out-of-body experience]. Sensations were incredible. Visuals were getting more and more intense and unreal. I knew I hit the spot. Both closed-eyes and open-eyes visuals were fantastic, sometimes I wouldn't tell where I am if I didn’t know the place but anyway it was so strong at 2mg I did have problems locating myself at times. At 12h it was still very intense and I started to think how long it's going to last. At 16h it started to get off. I was coming down for sure. At 20-22h after spending the whole day on DOTFM I laid on bed. It was sort of exhausting anyway. I must have still tripped or something else but I slipped into sleep quite easily which also gave me wonders. Sleep was a bit interrupted and I was messy in the morning after but my mood was totally positive.

This was my personal experience, the maximum dose I've taken myself. There was also a summary written but that was based on at least 10 different experiences from 4 people at different doses. We had a scale exact to 1mg so we made solutions of the salt (explanation to the first sentence, it was in liquid form).

Summary: The obvious substitution of iodine with trifluoromethyl yielded a compound even more amazing than expected. What was expected for sure was higher potency. The drug was very active even at 0.5mg. Actually when this was compared with 2C-TFM no concrete answer was gotten about preference, both are very intense in visuals. The point of getting rid of iodine at para position wasn't because of urge for more potent psychedelic. Visuals were actually a part that surprised at higher doses. But some anxiety was observed, less than with DOB or DOI. This must be because of action at 5-HT{2C} receptors. Trifluoromethyl group doesn't cause such a massive release of fight-or-flight hormones and neurotransmitters. But really after knowing its phenethylamine cousin overpowers DOI in many aspects, a lot might be expected. I wonder how potent would be a FLY derivative but this one is already postponed. DOTFM is clearly a very strong psychedelic, totally. No uses beyond recreational one can be made out of it (and such outcome was expected). Most people felt DOTFM was enough for them at 1mg and didn't want to go further. Anyway, the theater of DOTFM probably doesn't have anything else to show at doses more than 2mg just like DOI at some point. Interestingly a ceiling dose for DOTFM is like a starting dose for 2C-TFM. This CF3 group really needs attention when getting at N-derivatives of 2C-TFM.

The report with 2mg ingested was completed thanks to taking pieces of some written phrases and expressions here and there. The visual ranking of this compound isn't really so very much better than DOI or DOB. It's good, in my subjective opinion it's my favorite. This really is strong and comes with a wide spectrum of imagery of a lot of different things. It's a great drug for insightful thinking but maybe not at overwhelming doses. It's superior to DOB or DOI because it's not so stressful, less chance for a bad trip. 0.5-1.0mg looks like a good range for people who like smooth rides, 2.0mg was very powerful for me and even though I tried many psychedelics, I felt it was the ceiling and I'm not going any further. If [name] stopped at 1.5mg, this is reasonable. Surely this one isn't going onto the streets. There are even no sounds of impure 2C-TFM with 2C-I from different sources in the country. This is completely legal, I can see this on blotters just like DOC or Bromo-DragonFLY and that would be a bomb but if underground chemists can't synthesize pure 2C-TFM then they should forget about its amphetamine analog.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dotfm
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this! Always wanted to find a trip report about this one.

I've tried pure 2C-TFM but only a couple mg's, which seemed very clean although too weak. Then I tried the 50%/50% 2c-tfm/2c-i mix, and it was a good trip but it had that dirty feeling from the 2c-i.

I appreciate your posts on these novel compounds :)

I also wonder about other analogues e.g. 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl (which is prob. easier to make...),pentafluoroethyl,..

Actually when this was compared with 2C-TFM no concrete answer was gotten about preference, both are very intense in visuals

What dose of 2C-TFM was intense in visuals ? I took around 7mgs & wouldn't have said it was particularly visual at all.

I heard privately of someone who took 2C-TFM up to 15mg, but no details given. I had it highest at 5mg but it felt still quite mild.

Last edited:
I found 10mg of 2C-TFM to be enough to give intense visuals and it had its end for me at 15mg. Anyway like you see in summary, it's got a comment that some things in report are exaggerated (well, this often happens, that's why I write summaries at the end, imagine you're very high and write about it "here and there", you're under the impression and might really exaggerate; this was strong and intense visually really, less anxiety, that found out to be all true for DOTFM).

What dose of 2C-TFM was intense in visuals ? I took around 7mgs & wouldn't have said it was particularly visual at all.

You sure it was pure? My team reports only on drugs >99% pure. Anyway, the range of doses for 2C-TFM is for me like 3-15mg (I'm not saying it's all wrong at wikipedia but it's kind of wrong, some will easily go beyond 5mg which is supposedly reported as max dose). Let's keep in mind these are psychedelics and different doses are suitable for different people. I saw people tripped even on 3mg 2C-TFM and two people (including myself) went up to 15mg (and this was rather too much for me, so you see...).

I should have some report or at least a summary on 2C-TFM, just not translated. In the worst scenario my friend has it but he has a total mess in notebook. I thought I wouldn't struggle with looking for it and translating notes on it as some report on NBDB-2C-TFM is pending and we decided to give out NBOMe-2C-I to more people exclusively for a few nights and this looks promising because their opinion on it is supposed to be recorded. I will just need an approval to get this anywhere beyond our team, for instance here. Sharing experiences from good and not toxic at active doses substances is harm reductive IMO. Especially in the world of things like mephedrone, 3,4-dimethylmethcathinone or flephedrone showing up. I will opt for approval and permission to publish it certainly.

You sure it was pure? My team reports only on drugs >99% pure

Now then without looking I'd say it said 94% + pure on the label but some other substances were labelled 99%+, it wasn't a 2C-TFM/2CI mix if that's what you mean.
I didn't make so I can't "know" but I believe it to be pure.

two people (including myself) went up to 15mg (and this was rather too much for me, so you see...).

I wouldn't be keen to go that high, maybe ten mgs or even twelve mgs on a reckless night but fifteen mgs mmm no.
Did you note any hyperthermia at 15 mgs ?

That was stupid of two of us because we pushed exactly from 12mg to 15mg and it's not like you're titrating a dose for 2C-C. 10mg was just fine. 12mg was doable, 15mg was too much. But I was high on levorphanol at that time too. I felt my heart was skyrocketing, I couldn't measure my blood pressure. It was overall overwhelming but I hanged in there probably because of the opioid. Visuals were just extreme but it wasn't a bad trip in that aspect. I could set up a range up to 15mg like I said but I wouldn't do it myself one more time when lower doses are better even for insightful, deep thinking. And I don't know how it would look like really as I was high and down. With eyes closed I could slip into numerous nods.

They're not fully devoid of some adrenergic action, 2C-TFM & DOTFM, they're just better than 2C-I/2C-B but they do act on 5-HT{2C} also. Besides while I didn't have any problems at 2mg of DOTFM with some hangover, being unable to function during the day, my friend felt this was a crash at the end with 15mg of 2C-TFM but yet he didn't stay at home. I love this compound the most from 2C-x series. I even doubt that 15mg experience was "meant in the project". Must have been some "loneliness problem" (not that I tried to kill myself).

At 6mg with 2C-TFM I got bugger all in the way of visuals. What did impress me was the was it brought subconcious emotions to the surface in very short order. After a good bout of crying about the break up of my 14 year relationship I felt it had been cathartic and had helped me come to terms with the way things really were. I'd be a bit more cautios about DOTFM as I've found the alpha-methyl group vcan give a feelingof being on the edge of chaos that isn't seen with the 2C-derivative (that was comparing DOI/2C-I; DOB/2C-B; DOC/2C-C and most noticably with DOM/2C-D - should be trying DOET sometime in the future so I could compare DOET with 2C-E)

Are thias group of psychedelics characteristics likely to bring out acute HPPD like symptomns ? Read reports on numberous DO*'s experiences ending in a ride to the hospital and ever 4 day trips !? One subject commented that it was a month later, and he still saw words on the wall next to his bed, i had similar with my bathroom floor from a high dose of a MDxx?! leading to me tripping harder than a gram of good shrooms would :p

I never experienced that (some images on walls are fun on afterglow but I can't imagine seeing things for years, reminds me of "A Beautiful Mind") but I don't know why any psychedelic would be more "suspected" than any other. I did 12 psychedelics with "amphetamine core", 10 starting with "DO". I don't know if DOET is easy to find, I never sought after blotters with these drugs (it does have that 2C-E-like "smoothness" IMO but it's a rather short description and I'm not a write-a-trip-report type).

Anyway, I also never was in some group of "psychedelic lovers" who can do DOC and DOI at the same time every other day (need-to-stay-fucked-up). I'm towards chemistry and neuroscience. Anyway, I have no idea what determines which drug is more likely to produce HPPD. I didn't even get any interest in that. If it has something to do with 5-HT{2A} agonism, one isomer of DOI should be a "winner" but I don't think it is. Both phenethylamines and tryptamines hit that spot so it's more like a personal thing and those "psychedelic lovers" are probably more exposed to this. And a 4-day "trip" is definitely not the thing, it happens. Carelessness can bring this up easily with any psychedelic (DOx's might be just mentioned much more often because most of them are active at very low doses).

Did you also have the privilege to try DOPR? Curiousity never left me on this one as it appears also in the "hypnotic psychedelic" class like its sister 2C-P, something which I quite like. Altough the duration of DOPR is too long for my taste.

My worst HPPD-like symptoms came from 2C-I, but I attribute this to a one off incident a while ago now, where I IMed 25-30mg of 2CI by accident (didn't change label saying ketamine on vial - I know, I know!). Funnily enough, years after I still get a reoccourance of said synptoms much more with 4-halo 2Cs than with DOI

Yes, I tried DOPR and it was the one with the longest alkyl chain in 4-alkyl-2,5-dimetoxyamphetamines. Collecting memories from trips with 2C-D vs. DOM, 2C-E vs. DOET, and 2C-P vs. DOPR, I came to a conclusion that the longer the chain was, the more difference was between the phenethylamine and the amphetamine analog (not essentially in some concrete aspect). I'm not fond of long-lasting psychedelics but I can take it if this isn't heavy on body once in a while. DOPR isn't only long-acting but also heavy on body. So definitely it wasn't one of favorites despite strong psychedelic effects. And the other thing is everyone should know what to expect and when after taking anything because otherwise I think waiting until something happens being unsure when it's going to happen can only make you anxious. And with DOPR it doesn't mean anything good.

^ Feral child hairy at the time! Rather curtailed by desire to take 2C-I ever again (in fact any 4-halo-2,5-dimethoxyPEA). A good year & a half before I dabbled with 2C-C if I remember correctly

Wow, I haven't seen this report before. I wish very much that I had a chance to try this... as well as DOEF. As well as the 2C versions of both. I picked up what was sold at 2C-EF, for an exorbitant cost, but it turned out to be a blend of 2C-C, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7. Though it is very enjoyable, and made up of three great drugs, it isn't 2C-EF, which a few legitimate reports paint a very positive picture of.

Damn, what a find! I‘d love to sample that, it sounds like a fantastic time.

Also what Xorkoth said, DOEF sounds absolutely amazing too. You haven‘t tried that one too by any chance? @adder