Study Hall Drugs and Studying Math (Neuroplasticity)

Foreigner

Bluelighter
I'm not sure where to post this, but NPD felt appropriate because it's where the high level science people tend to hang out.

In my current degree, I am being faced with a lifelong fear... mathematics. I have to take the plunge and learn calculus, physics, etc. I have avoided math forever but now I can't. I've watched some great videos online that didn't exist when I was younger, that visually detail why calculus is cool, etc. I will be able to study at my own pace, online, and not have to attend classes, so I can choose my learning format.

But learning other languages gets harder with age. I'm wondering if there are useful mind-altering substances out there that can increase neuroplasticity for learning this stuff? I can learn just about anything if there is interest, but this is going to be hard. The problem with most highs, I find, is that logic becomes impossible... or a different kind of logic takes over.

Advice would be appreciated. I want to do well by having a fluid mind.

Don’t think that any of the known nootropics would aid you in optimizing your learning capabilities for math or any other thing like languages.

I don't think you need drugs to learn a new skill or subject at any age, but here you go:

ADHD medication (if you have ADHD or suspect you may have it). So low dose dextroamphetamine.

Some people also like nootropics like Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam, Bromantane, microdosed LSD, etcetera. The racetams should be taken with Alpha-GPC to prevent choline depletion.

Amphetamines lead to bulimia Learning most of the time. I also had no luck with all of the racetams I tried (noopept, aniracetam, piracetam, sunifiram). Maybe you have luck with phenylpiracetam (carphedon). It’s a weak psychostimulant afaik.

Modafinil better binds almost the same receptors like nicotine
Not exactly...
But maybe it could be used to replace the light boost that nicotine users are accustomed to. Wellbutrin blocks the nicotinic receptors, so it would be a better fit.

Amphetamines lead to bulimia Learning most of the time. I also had no luck with all of the racetams I tried (noopept, aniracetam, piracetam, sunifiram). Maybe you have luck with phenylpiracetam (carphedon). It’s a weak psychostimulant afaik.
A significant number, perhaps even the majority, of well-known mathematicians in the 20th century used amphetamine. They even campaigned against making amphetamine a Schedule II controlled substance. It definitely helps with math, but the evidence is less clear for other fields. The number of mathematical advancements really took a dive in the 1970s and 1980s until fast computers became more commonplace.

For the most part it's actually beneficial to study properly and take regular short breaks. Don't start expecting too much of yourself. People who truly study off like a shiz on meth or something they use this way are rare and have a downside where it either takes over via the lifestyle of it or the neurodegenerative effects of chronic and heavy drug use are no longer outweighed by any beneficial aspects of getting sidetracked bouncing subjects 5 times a minute until you're expert at everything and nothing at all. This is kind of a snark but it's true.

I smoke like a chimney when I do collage work.

But that's cause I wait until the last minute and am suddenly surprised by how stressed I am.

If you go nicotine route then use something like nicotine spray or a gum. Dont smoke cause lungs and all that stuff for which oxygen is important. If you go stimulant than do only pharma and only oral. Low to medium therapeutic dose of methylphenidate or dexamp would make uninteresting stuff more doable and nicotine has a reputation for being a great drug for more intellectual things. Like writing... but I suppose focus and clarity with a bit of stimulation would synergise with stimulants well.

I would just avoid one thing - being high. Doses should be modified so it is a gentle background push toward your goal. If you start getting high then soon the high will be the point and studying the annoying thing you do for a while to rationalise why you are getting high. But if you are that grounded as you appear to be (impression I got from reading your posts over the years on BL) then you will know very quickly are you helping or hindering progress in your stated goals.

So if the drug free way is not feasible for you something like "5mg of dexamphetamine (or 10mg methylphenidate) + 0,5-1mg/h nicotine + 50-100mg of caffeine(if you are not a coffee drinker and have tolerance)" combo for a 4 hour learning stint should get you in the zone. But if you can try to go without "help" and then take what you ultimately decide for the days when you are really low on energy and motivation.

Just my opinion... May you calculate like a champ!

I'm not sure where to post this, but NPD felt appropriate because it's where the high level science people tend to hang out.

In my current degree, I am being faced with a lifelong fear... mathematics. I have to take the plunge and learn calculus, physics, etc. I have avoided math forever but now I can't. I've watched some great videos online that didn't exist when I was younger, that visually detail why calculus is cool, etc. I will be able to study at my own pace, online, and not have to attend classes, so I can choose my learning format.

But learning other languages gets harder with age. I'm wondering if there are useful mind-altering substances out there that can increase neuroplasticity for learning this stuff? I can learn just about anything if there is interest, but this is going to be hard. The problem with most highs, I find, is that logic becomes impossible... or a different kind of logic takes over.

Advice would be appreciated. I want to do well by having a fluid mind.
"I am being faced with a lifelong fear... mathematics."

and im unschoolable.

please someone tell me a cheat so I can learn hahahahaha.

no more name calling.