• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Equivalent Norflurazepam to Diazepam Dose and what is the avearage or mean elimination half-life, duration of effect?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
Hey everyone I am trying out this very interesting RC Benzodiazepine. It has a strong minty cool feeling in the mouth when drinking it in a PG Solution, it has several active metabolites with 40 to 250 Hour Elimination Half-Life.

I read the prescribed Benzo Flurazepam is a pro-drug that turns into N-Desalkylflurazepam A.K.A. Norflurazepam which is responsible for its effects... this means that Flurazepam = Norflurazepam only difference is the potency in weight per mg correct me if I'm wrong about this?

If that's correct then the only difference is the equivalent dose. I read that it can have up 250 Hours half-life in the elderly and people with impaired kidney and or liver function but for the young healthy adult the average or mean half-life is usually around 90 Hours for Flurazepam at least I think I remember reading an article saying that.

If anyone could please help me figure out at the equivalent dose to Diazepam specifically. I need an educated guess about the equivalent dose for use in consecutive days and acute doses if possible. This has some of the best muscle relaxing properties alongside the best insomnia relief I've come across in any benzo with the benefit of lasting a long time and providing anxiety relief into the next morning.

Last edited:
What I have read so far roughly 5MG of Norflurazepam is equal to 10MG of Diazepam... problem is I don't know if that's for acute dosing or dosing consecutive days for that being the equivalent dose?

There has to be someone on these forums who has experience with Norflurazepam or even some info about Flurazepam Prescriptions for insomnia that people have switched from Diazepam to or something for example?

I was able to obtain about half a gram of norfluazepam a long time ago and I found 25mg to be effective for sleeping for me personally and found that to be about the equivalent of 4mg of etizolam.
I'm sorry, I dont have any experience with diazepam...only etizolam but without a doubt norfluazepam gave me the best and most natural sleep from any sleeping med I've tried.
Wish I could still get it!!

Thanx for the reply, these are the type of answers I'm looking for. It's doesn't have to be equivalent dose to Diazepam specifically it can be any Benzo.

Most people agree 2mg Etizolam close to being equivalent to 1mg of alprazolam (Xanax) which would mean that. Roughly 5MG of Norflurazepam equal to 10MG of Diazepam but that's most likely for acute doses and not consecutive days of using the same dose. Another problem is the fact that Norflurazepam is hypnotic with very strong muscle-relaxing properties which is what I'm using it for and what I was prescribed Benzos, to begin with.

I couldn't get a script for Flurazepam cause it's indicated for sleep only. **rolls eyes** some Doctors just have different opinions.

I was hoping to find more than just 2 experiences of people using Norflurazepam on bluelight. Anyone else have any experience with acute or consecutive daily use?

I hope to get some in the coming months but have yet to try it.

But given that flurazepam isn't ever prescribed for long term use due to tolerance/metabolite build ups, I'd be willing to bet long term use for insomnia could only lead to bad things. I would try not to use it except every now and then personally.

Last edited:
Well for responsible medical or recreational use and or even weaning down with Norflurazepam people have had great success doing so.

I'm not using it for insomnia I was prescribed clonazepam as a muscle relaxer at first I was on Diazepam. My Dr. says Clonazepam is the only Benzodiazepine that's approved for long-term use. (or that he's willing to let me use longterm) Flurazepam is literally THE BEST Benzo for muscle relaxation way stronger anything else I've used that being said.

I found an article about Flurazepam that states this: The major metabolite in blood was N1-desalkyl-flurazepam, which steady-state (plateau) levels after 7 to 10 days of dosing, at levels approximately 5- to 6-fold greater than the 24-hour levels observed on Day 1. The half-life of elimination of N1-desalkyl-flurazepam ranged from 47 to 100 hours. The major urinary metabolite is conjugated N1-hydroxyethyl-flurazepam which accounts for 22% to 55% of the dose. Less than 1% of the dose is excreted in the urine as N1-desalkyl-flurazepam.

(already received this answer "daily dosing will increase dose/effects by 1.5-2x same as Clonazepam does" from @Lorne???) > Does this mean a 5- to 6- fold increase from the first dose on day 1 mean it's 5x to 6x stronger when used consecutively for 7-10 days?

BTW: It also states: that for 1 or 2 nights after the drug is discontinued both sleep latency and total wake time may still be decreased.

Here is the link the article this is from. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/016721s076lbl.pdf

If you read the article it also states the elimination half-life is longer for the elderly males and not for females and apparently it can have up to a 250 hour half-life but specifically only if your elderly and have impaired kidney and or liver function otherwise for most people it's nowhere near 250 Hour half-life.

Last edited:
Anyone here know the answer? Does this mean a 5- to 6- fold increase from the first dose on day 1 mean it's 5x to 6x stronger when used consecutively for 7-10 days?

Anything you wanna know guys - feel free to ask :)

Been on along with a buddy of mine since it came in 2016. Tired of spending money on benzoes and they all felt like decaf already..
So what do you do, when asked for 200 some $ for I believe 200g. I earned 30.000,- danish on it so far, haven’t spent money in benzo’s since and have my last 2.5g for sale now for 3000,- danish 😁

Aaaand to the story I perhaps should mention I’m dosing down. Been mixing 1000mg to 50ml hospital sprit. 0.5ml with an insulin needle to a gelatin capsule.

Besides from that. It’s called diazepam vol2 for a reason. For couple of times twice the Euforia. Then none!!! I have a metabolisms which should be donated to research along with all my other organs lol - but I can aaaaalmost go a week on a 20-40mg dose Sunday evening. No wd symptoms all week. Ah, every 5th day. So so...

Amazing drug price and benefits considering. 5 years supply and now I have the better Benzo available to dose down with and yet again become clean.
I’ve tried all benzoes.... Clonazelam is the sickest. Flura is the safest 😊👍

Anything you wanna know guys - feel free to ask :)

Been on along with a buddy of mine since it came in 2016. Tired of spending money on benzoes and they all felt like decaf already..
So what do you do, when asked for 200 some $ for I believe 200g. I earned 30.000,- danish on it so far, haven’t spent money in benzo’s since and have my last 2.5g for sale now for 3000,- danish 😁

Aaaand to the story I perhaps should mention I’m dosing down. Been mixing 1000mg to 50ml hospital sprit. 0.5ml with an insulin needle to a gelatin capsule.

Besides from that. It’s called diazepam vol2 for a reason. For couple of times twice the Euforia. Then none!!! I have a metabolisms which should be donated to research along with all my other organs lol - but I can aaaaalmost go a week on a 20-40mg dose Sunday evening. No wd symptoms all week. Ah, every 5th day. So so...

Amazing drug price and benefits considering. 5 years supply and now I have the better Benzo available to dose down with and yet again become clean.
I’ve tried all benzoes.... Clonazelam is the sickest. Flura is the safest 😊👍
0.5ml = 10mg

in Denmark we get diazepam for dosing down on any benzo. So that’s what I meant that I was better of with this none. ND.
Wouldn’t feel a thing on... Even last time I tried clonazelam - which again - is insane!!!! Be aware and DON’T drive nowmatree how high your tolerance is on rivotril xannies or even midazolam IM 😂

Last edited:
First couple of hits* then for some reason - no more euphoria :( We never figured out why. And my friend is pretty brainy. I’m more like a ginniepig - in the way of if wouldn’t scale my molly and sit with a stop watch and my hand while rolling haha. Than rather take a bit too much. Rather that than too little. Besides from GBL - but that’s another story 😁

Hey everyone I am trying out this very interesting RC Benzodiazepine. It has a strong minty cool feeling in the mouth when drinking it in a PG Solution, it has several active metabolites with 40 to 250 Hour Elimination Half-Life.

I read the prescribed Benzo Flurazepam is a pro-drug that turns into N-Desalkylflurazepam A.K.A. Norflurazepam which is responsible for its effects... this means that Flurazepam = Norflurazepam only difference is the potency in weight per mg correct me if I'm wrong about this?

If that's correct then the only difference is the equivalent dose. I read that it can have up 250 Hours half-life in the elderly and people with impaired kidney and or liver function but for the young healthy adult the average or mean half-life is usually around 90 Hours for Flurazepam at least I think I remember reading an article saying that.

If anyone could please help me figure out at the equivalent dose to Diazepam specifically. I need an educated guess about the equivalent dose for use in consecutive days and acute doses if possible. This has some of the best muscle relaxing properties alongside the best insomnia relief I've come across in any benzo with the benefit of lasting a long time and providing anxiety relief into the next morning.
See text below.

I tried liquid Norflurazepam, but unfortunately the bottles weren't labeled with how many mg/ml was in it, so I just had to guesstimate. I'm a very heavy benzo user, so I found if I took it during the day it lasted maybe 4-5 hours at the most. Nowhere near the 8 hour mark as advertised. All this talk about it lasting 240 hours in the body, I don't know where that's coming from. There are literally zero studies on this stuff.

I found it did help me sleep after I did some Adderall or 4F-MPH during the day, but I would wake up in the middle of the night and need to redose.

I tried liquid Norflurazepam, but unfortunately the bottles weren't labeled with how many mg/ml was in it, so I just had to guesstimate. I'm a very heavy benzo user, so I found if I took it during the day it lasted maybe 4-5 hours at the most. Nowhere near the 8 hour mark as advertised. All this talk about it lasting 240 hours in the body, I don't know where that's coming from. There are literally zero studies on this stuff.

I found it did help me sleep after I did some Adderall or 4F-MPH during the day, but I would wake up in the middle of the night and need to redose.

It was likely a super low dose & even if it wasn't gabaergics in general typically have very subtle hard to notice effects.

Norflurazepam begins to take effect at minimum dose of 5mg & for hypnotic effects it takes 10mg minimum but with daily dosing especially is when it really shines specifically for muscle relaxing effects or that euphoric type of hypnotic effect+anti-anxiety effect which last long time.

At daily dosing of currently 12.5mg(roughly) it lasts long enough to make really hard for to want to wake up until 24+ hours after my last dose.

The topic is equivalent doses which idk the equivalent doses or how long Flubromaze-PAM duraation of effects lasts compared to Norflurazepam but I do think from what I've read & considering it's a phenazepam analogue it has a way longer elimination half-life & is a way stronger hypnotic that will cause far harsher withdrawal.

@Vælte Peter What drug are you on & wtf are u talkin bout are you in the wrong thread lol?

When u say this I think u mean your the reckless type of drug abuser that gives us drug users a bad reputation. "I’m more like a ginniepig - in the way of if wouldn’t scale my molly and sit with a stop watch and my hand while rolling haha. Than rather take a bit too much. Rather that than too little. Besides from GBL - but that’s another story"

This thread is for talking about equivalent doses.

Well for responsible medical or recreational use and or even weaning down with Norflurazepam people have had great success doing so.

I'm not using it for insomnia I was prescribed clonazepam as a muscle relaxer at first I was on Diazepam. My Dr. says Clonazepam is the only Benzodiazepine that's approved for long-term use. (or that he's willing to let me use longterm) Flurazepam is literally THE BEST Benzo for muscle relaxation way stronger anything else I've used that being said.

I found an article about Flurazepam that states this: The major metabolite in blood was N1-desalkyl-flurazepam, which steady-state (plateau) levels after 7 to 10 days of dosing, at levels approximately 5- to 6-fold greater than the 24-hour levels observed on Day 1. The half-life of elimination of N1-desalkyl-flurazepam ranged from 47 to 100 hours. The major urinary metabolite is conjugated N1-hydroxyethyl-flurazepam which accounts for 22% to 55% of the dose. Less than 1% of the dose is excreted in the urine as N1-desalkyl-flurazepam.

(already received this answer "daily dosing will increase dose/effects by 1.5-2x same as Clonazepam does" from @Lorne???) > Does this mean a 5- to 6- fold increase from the first dose on day 1 mean it's 5x to 6x stronger when used consecutively for 7-10 days?

BTW: It also states: that for 1 or 2 nights after the drug is discontinued both sleep latency and total wake time may still be decreased.

Here is the link the article this is from. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/016721s076lbl.pdf

If you read the article it also states the elimination half-life is longer for the elderly males and not for females and apparently it can have up to a 250 hour half-life but specifically only if your elderly and have impaired kidney and or liver function otherwise for most people it's nowhere near 250 Hour half-life.
Diazepam, bromazepam, and nitrazepam are excellent muscle relaxants also.

It was likely a super low dose & even if it wasn't gabaergics in general typically have very subtle hard to notice effects.

Norflurazepam begins to take effect at minimum dose of 5mg & for hypnotic effects it takes 10mg minimum but with daily dosing especially is when it really shines specifically for muscle relaxing effects or that euphoric type of hypnotic effect+anti-anxiety effect which last long time.

At daily dosing of currently 12.5mg(roughly) it lasts long enough to make really hard for to want to wake up until 24+ hours after my last dose.

The topic is equivalent doses which idk the equivalent doses or how long Flubromaze-PAM duraation of effects lasts compared to Norflurazepam but I do think from what I've read & considering it's a phenazepam analogue it has a way longer elimination half-life & is a way stronger hypnotic that will cause far harsher withdrawal.
Just because it's half life might be that long, doesn't mean it's going to be effective as a benzo or thienodiazepine still attached to the GABA-A receptor for that long. It's already broken down into it's inactive metabolites that aren't going to be effective at doing much of anything. I've never seen Flurazepam available on the open market. I don't know how you would talk your doc into prescribing you this stuff. My shrink won't even prescribe me more than 15 1mg Xanax a month, so I'm stuck with 5mg Valium pills twice I day. I actually thought you were talking about the RC drug Flubromazolam which is very strong at very low doses, but I don't know what what the half life is, since it's an RC chem, there's a lack of studies on it.

I would LOVE to find phenazepam. I don't know if it's against the rules to ask for sources, so I sincerely apologize if I'm breaking the rules, but if you have any leads shoot me a PM.
Diazepam, bromazepam, and nitrazepam are excellent muscle relaxants also.

I used to see nitrazepam on the markets, but I haven't seen it it in ages. I wish the fucking DEA didn't schedule Soma, as the only place to get it from is the UK (AFAIK) and SWIM got their package seized by Customs from trying to get ahold of it.

Just because it's half life might be that long, doesn't mean it's going to be effective as a benzo or thienodiazepine still attached to the GABA-A receptor for that long. It's already broken down into it's inactive metabolites that aren't going to be effective at doing much of anything. I've never seen Flurazepam available on the open market. I don't know how you would talk your doc into prescribing you this stuff. My shrink won't even prescribe me more than 15 1mg Xanax a month, so I'm stuck with 5mg Valium pills twice I day. I actually thought you were talking about the RC drug Flubromazolam which is very strong at very low doses, but I don't know what what the half life is, since it's an RC chem, there's a lack of studies on it.

I would LOVE to find phenazepam. I don't know if it's against the rules to ask for sources, so I sincerely apologize if I'm breaking the rules, but if you have any leads shoot me a PM.

I used to see nitrazepam on the markets, but I haven't seen it it in ages. I wish the fucking DEA didn't schedule Soma, as the only place to get it from is the UK (AFAIK) and SWIM got their package seized by Customs from trying to get ahold of it.
Phenazepam is around, if you look hard enough 😉

@StarScream66 Norflurazepam is actually a active metabolite of A LOT of different benzos it's just that Flurazepam produces the most and all of its effects are from norflurazepam. I had flurazepam prescribed for insomnia but I got my Dr. to switch my to Nitrazepam since I was able to simply buy norflurazepam.

I'm hesitant to switch from 10mg nitrazepam to 30mg flurazepam as unfortunately I've read it's only a partial agonist meaning switching would be a bit unpleasant. If I switch I can get nitrazepam but just not at as cheap of a price as norflurazepam.