• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Farewell Redleader

mAya_3

Greenlighter
I found out today that Redleader passed away last Saturday. I do not have the complete details, but according to his autopsy report, he overdosed and was found dead at his airbnb.

RIP brother, you have been a great friend who supported me for so many years. Your brilliance was out of this world. Fly high my friend.

Always and forever your friend,

Maya

Fuck, unbelievable. RIP & I hope these upcoming seance attempts won't be too bothersome. Unbelievable. But kudos amigo, you left looking goddamned fantastic

He helped me through some dark times back in the day.
He will be missed, RIP Jeff♥️

I found out this news today. I was walking along and legitimately stopped in my tracks in pure despair.

Jeff and I were The Dark Side mods together for a long, long time, starting 15 years ago. We were then smods together for a long time too. We worked together so well, we were tight.

Then in more recent years when Jeff went missing for a substantial period of time, his mother and I chatted for ages and grieved together because we feared the worst but still held on to hope that he would return.....and then he did indeed come back. I was OVERJOYED that he was okay. He seemed to be doing really well. He was so proud of his sobriety and getting a job and living a normal life. I made it abundantly clear to him that he could reach out and talk to me if he ever needed to, but he was never one to reach out when he really needed help.....and now he's legit gone?? Fuck.

Rest in peace Jeff, my brother. You were such a sweet, gentle person. You had been through SO much adversity, so much horrible shit, yet you powered on. That showed true courage, and true courage is so rare. I always admired you for that quality in you. I am so heartbroken that you're gone, but it means that you are now truly at peace and you no longer need to bare the weight of the memories and trauma of all you had endured. You tried so hard, but now you can rest. I will love you always my brother <3

I enjoyed every discussion I ever had with Jeff --his opinions were nuanced and authentic and he was always capable of respecting a difference of opinion. But it was his love of beauty that I truly loved in him. Anyone who followed his posts on his FB page knows how much Jeff appreciated art--especially painting and architecture.
How many young people will continue to receive felonies for drug offenses in this country before we connect the dots? Jeff's death, like thousands of others, will be included in our country's "opiate epidemic". What about the felony epidemic that the war on drugs keeps churning out?
Jeff, you had so much to offer. You offered it here on BL for years and I know you gave it to all you knew in your life outside of BL. We will remember you and we will think of you at peace. But I will miss you in this world.

Very sad to seee another BLer go. I remember him from the dark side and i think we may have been mods together briefly.

^same. Think I slid-in after. A great group, including RL ❤️

Sympathies to all who loved him; hope you find comfort in that. 🙏

FFS Jeff, this still hasn't registered.
About 5 or 10 years ago, I would've been shocked either of us were alive...Losing a buddy to OD was just a brutally common fact of life, and we all understood that the Dope Game was impossibly rigged against us. It was like the old school NES game Contra, we all knew we were fucked before the game even started. But, just like Contra, we finally got a cheat code. Narcan became ubiquitous, and even though the deaths continued to rage, the "Game Over" prompt seemed to fade away. Dying went from not mattering because it was so in-your-face inevitable to not mattering because of unlimited lives. This *CAN'T* be Game Over

Damn.... This one sucks. Not that any are good. Some just hit closer to home. R.I.P brother.

Very sorry to hear about this, R.I.P, sending love to all family and friends

Man, NO! It’s been so long, I saw last year someone was looking for you on Facebook but then you finally posted to say you were doing well. You looked happy. The photos you posted, although sparse led me to believe you were living the life you wanted and so deserved. I remember talking to you many years ago. You were on house arrest and trying not to use. You talked about how you just wanted to be able to go out and do mundane people things and live your life and stop being at a stand-still. When I saw those photos years later I thought about it and how you made it. It’s funny to think how time seems so long and neverending like everything will be the same shit forever. But the change came for you. I was so happy for you although we hadn’t talked in years. You were a unique, kind, thoughtful, expansive person, the kind of person you could talk to and speak the craziest ideas you could conjure up and just keep going without end. You were a gift to anyone who had the opportunity to speak with you. I hope you found happiness in those years and I hope the next thing, whatever it is, is better than the last.

I hate this. Jeff was ALWAYS there with a kind word and the logic behind his words offered hope.
This one really hurts

For fuck's sake. I haven't been on BL in ages, this is NOT what I wanted to see as soon as I came back, literally the first post I stumbled upon.

I don't have words. I used to be numb to this stuff just due to my lifestyle, and usually it was people I didn't consider close. This one hurts.

RIP man. We hadn't spoken in years, but you were one of the handful I really would've hoped to reconnect with. See you on the other side I suppose, though hopefully not for a long time.

Ay yo Jeff, sorry to bother you on "the other side", but who else am I supposed to have a 2hr/3,000 word discussion with about this nonsense:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/24/new-orleans-pythagoras-theorem-trigonometry-prove

Who else would appreciate the abysmal mathematical illiteracy on display here? Or the politics and nuance of how a strong B+ level high school geometry project is going to be affected--both for better and for worse--by media portraying it as a nearly impossible feat of genius that overturned 2,000 years of "establishment" (those wretched ivy tower goons with their fancy PhDs and solid understandings of high school math!)? Or the probability of this news article--where I can see so crystal clearly exactly how you'd react that it's almost like you're right here talking to me now--just happening to pop up in my newsfeed just hours after trying to communicate with you in a seance? And who else would try to pick holes in my proposition that this could be supernatural?

We need you back amigo

I hate this. Jeff was ALWAYS there with a kind word and the logic behind his words offered hope.
This one really hurts
Like your good self. So many beautiful ones on here, past & present. Hopefully, we honour those past with fighting for quality of life - the human right that never gets political,. funding but is essential; to thrive, in this short time.
💪💜

Rest easy, can't say I knew them but its sad to see another one go.
My condolences, I hope those close are doing alright.