• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fentanyl from Wuhan leads to American overdoses: China in Focus

Here's some supporting media.

The coronavirus has turned America upside-down. In less than three months, the virus has killed 70,000 Americans and destroyed more than 30 million jobs. According to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, “enormous evidence” shows that the virus emerged from a laboratory in Wuhan, China—not in that city’s infamous “wet markets.” But while few question that the virus originates in Wuhan, many don’t know that Wuhan is also the source of another deadly epidemic: America’s fentanyl overdoses.

Fentanyl, a form of synthetic opioid, has quickly become America’s most dangerous drug. In 2018, fentanyl killed 31,897 people in the United States—more than twice the number of any other narcotic.

"Nearly 90,000 people died as a result of drug overdose in the United States from November 1, 2019, through October 31, 2020, the largest number of drug-related deaths recorded within a single year, and more than 74 percent of those deaths involved an opioid. Overdose deaths involving a synthetic opioid rose 54.7 percent and appear to be the primary driver of the increase in total overdose deaths."

So 90000 deaths at 74% synthetic opioid and a 54% increase in synthetic deaths. 64,800. That's 54% more than... About 42,000 the year before ballpark. I am not using calculator so bear with me.

Last edited:
Thanks @Outlier, I was having trouble time-stamping w/ vimeo... I've gone ahead and tried again with a better version of OP video

Yeah it works!

If anyone's interested, heres how to start a vimeo selection at 2:07 add the following to the end of the media URL:

#t=127

For some strange reason instead of giving the number of minutes and seconds you just give one number which equals the total seconds

73310 Feb 2020 rolling average over a year and 90792 Nov 2020 12mo avg...

So say 73000 to 90000 (my old number I'm plugging back in) between 10 months from Feb to Nov. Average 1700 more per month. Calculate that into 7 more months and we now conservatively have 11,900 increase. Giving the increasing amount of fentanyl I'm gonna ballpark that to 12,000 and rather than 74% death rate (opoids ala fentanyl) its about 80% now. Pure supposition but whatever.

102,000 at 80% is 81,600. 42000 (2019) to 64,800 (2020) to 81,600 (2021). Estimate.

Seeing how much has been seized this year already (last article was more than all of 2020 By April 2021) and since this pandemic has worsened the opoid epidemic so badly.

Call me crazy but I bet year will really be closer to 100,000 fentanyl deaths. Those timelines for 2020 go back into 2019 and so on. This is blowing up badly.

See what I mean? Fentanyl is rampant, even if these estimates are a little off. It actually matches a graph I got on BC as well. Overdose has DOUBLED at least since covid.

I'm guessing 100k deaths this year in USA.

Chula Vista, CA

Way the fuck up.

And...

During a trip to Texas, Trump joined Texas Governor Greg Abbott for a border security briefing, which he has attributed with spurring Vice President Kamala Harris’ recent visit. Trump inquired if the fentanyl entering the border was coming from China while hearing from a sheriff about the harm fentanyl posed to young people in the state.

Sheriff Bill Waybourn of Tarrant County emphasized that the Mexican cartel was delivering the drugs into the United States, but Trump pushed back, saying, “Are they getting it from China?”

It's a stupid title on an article that's actually pretty good. Former US President Trump actually had a really good question here and he was right.
“They receive it from China, but they find it easier to get it in through the US,” Waybourn explained.

By entering the United States through Mexico, China’s vast organized crime network has been able to avoid a fentanyl crackdown. According to a State Department spokeswoman, a “substantial proportion” of chemicals and non-fentanyl opioids originating in China are used to make fentanyl in Mexico.

In comparison to a year ago, when fentanyl was “barely on our radar,” Waybourn told Trump that his county has witnessed a 50 percent rise in fatal overdoses from the drug. According to NBC News, fentanyl seizures at the border have climbed by 4,000 percent in the previous three years.

I'm finding plenty of info here that supports this.

CHINA ---> MEXICO ---> USA

Okay my investigation is over. Anyone have comments?

I've rescinded my role in this argument, I'm stupid

I generally think that all this political shit is fucking stupid and meaningless, though

The flow of fent will NOT stop no matter how many "politicians" stand up for it....

stupid bullshit

The current US fentanyl problem would not exist if it werent for china. The issue is chineser than a motherfucker.

I've rescinded my role in this argument, I'm stupid

I generally think that all this political shit is fucking stupid and meaningless, though

The flow of fent will NOT stop no matter how many "politicians" stand up for it....

stupid bullshit
Border patrol are an agency within US govt but not politicians. But, it's up to politicians and the media to relay the info. By the time we hear about something it usually is some twisted BS. That's why I decided to do some more investigation.

Hit the nail on the head here I think too. This set of stories put together, and ultimately ending with a quote straight from the horses mouth, Waybourn at the US/Mexico border.. its a pretty stark picture.

This is an important story I plan on following. May just do a writeup myself, cited and all.

Unfucked my math. I made a major error early on. I do this shit in my head. Here's the graph for overdose deaths in BC.

@darvocet21 sorry I hijacked you so bad. This is really interesting me to the point I think Im actually going to wrap this into an article of my own. Just storing information. I won't make any more extra posts for it.

Unfucked my math. I made a major error early on. I do this shit in my head. Here's the graph for overdose deaths in BC.

@darvocet21 sorry I hijacked you so bad. This is really interesting me to the point I think Im actually going to wrap this into an article of my own. Just storing information. I won't make any more extra posts for it.

Actually really interesting thread.

I definitely think you should do a write up.

There's more than enough tragedy to go around.

You rescued this thread when I thought I had deleted it

The current US fentanyl problem would not exist if it werent for china. The issue is chineser than a motherfucker.
the issue is arguably the lack of available pharmaceutical fentanyl but if we're talking who is producing current illicit fentanyl, then yes it's china