• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl withdrawal advice

Bodhisativa

Greenlighter
Hey guys, been lurking around BL for almost a decade and I’m now posting looking for some help.

So I’m pretty financially fucked and really need to try and come off fentanyl. I’ve been on heroin for almost 13 years on and off, mostly on, but this past year I’ve actually accrued some amount of clean time. That said, I’ve been doing fentanyl every day for about 3 1/2 months. I did a shot of heroin about a week or so ago and started going into withdrawal like 4 hours later. I really need to come off of it and I was wondering how well kratom would work if I got like two or three days into withdrawal and took like 8 of the capsules you commonly find at smoke shops a couple times a day and just tried tapering down from there.

My girlfriend has been doing fent every day for over two years at this point. I’m seriously afraid of what’s going to happen if and when she ever tries to get clean. I’m talking full blown hallucinations and psychosis. Will stuffing large quantities of Kratom down her and tapering down have any effect or can anyone offer any advice on how to make the transition as smooth as possible. The only other thing I can possibly think of is giving her Xanax to the point of sedation, but xans are hard for me to come across, and I also worry about them being laced and basically just nullifying the whole point and process of getting clean in the first place

I’ve got some subutex but because fent stays in your fat cells so long if I take it anytime before the first 3 days it will throw me in precipitated withdrawal. I also only have like maybe 3 subs left so it def isn’t enough to take me the distance I need it to unless I i maybe microdose it and taper

i dont know, but it is said tramadol can help with WD, i didnt have but a few so i went cold turkey, i tried kratom when trying not to WD long while ago, but gave up to soon and went back to fent, best o luck, i dint WD that harsh and it lasted a week. welcome to posting

I just got back on methadone a few months ago for fentanyl. Kratom and subs won't do much. Going from fentanyl to methadone to subs would work best. I was surprised how high street fentanyl raised my tolerance

Yeah I was honestly in disbelief at how quickly withdrawal came on the after the heroin. I had used like a half a gram and went to work. Half way into my shift I started to feel the symptoms and by the time I got off I was fully sick. I also have like four trams, but that’s such a small amount I feel like I ought to just try and go the whole distance rather than just prolong it for a very small window of time. I will say that for who ever may come across this in the future tramadol helped me immensely, but you do need to take a high dose of it-probably around 400 mg and you can’t really safely take anymore than that, I can tell you from personal experience after having had a seizure from it

Last edited:
I totally understand the precipitated withdrawal one time I took a full 8 mg sub 12 hours after my last shot of fentanyl after 3 months straight daily 5 grams a day.

I had a minor stroke and almost died. Precipitated withdrawal is not to be taken lightly.

That said I just got off fentanyl taking 2 mg subutex 52 hours after last dose.

You need to suffer through and use subutex or methadone to get off .

7 day taper 50+ hours after last use

2 mg - 0:00
2 mg - 1 hour later if no signs of PWD
4 mg - 4 hours later
4 mg - 8 hours later

Day 2

8 mg - 9 AM
8 MG - 6 pm

Day 3

8 mg - 9 Am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 4

4 mg - 9 am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 5

4 mg - 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 6 -

2 mg 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 7

2 mg - 9 am

I just did this taper and was shocked at how little withdrawal I felt after the subs were gone.

Used clonidine hydroZXYINE and baclofen a week after to get through and sleep

Good luck man

That actually seems very doable, esp considering how few subs I have left. Thank you. I’m going to get some weed to try and get through the first couple of days. After that the low dose sub taper should hopefully work pretty well.

Again, thank you. I’m pretty nervous about it, but I need to do it. Lying in bed and feeling like shit I can do, it’s just the goddamn restless legs I’m worried about. That shit is a private hell

Hey guys, been lurking around BL for almost a decade and I’m now posting looking for some help.

So I’m pretty financially fucked and really need to try and come off fentanyl. I’ve been on heroin for almost 13 years on and off, mostly on, but this past year I’ve actually accrued some amount of clean time. That said, I’ve been doing fentanyl every day for about 3 1/2 months. I did a shot of heroin about a week or so ago and started going into withdrawal like 4 hours later. I really need to come off of it and I was wondering how well kratom would work if I got like two or three days into withdrawal and took like 8 of the capsules you commonly find at smoke shops a couple times a day and just tried tapering down from there.

My girlfriend has been doing fent every day for over two years at this point. I’m seriously afraid of what’s going to happen if and when she ever tries to get clean. I’m talking full blown hallucinations and psychosis. Will stuffing large quantities of Kratom down her and tapering down have any effect or can anyone offer any advice on how to make the transition as smooth as possible. The only other thing I can possibly think of is giving her Xanax to the point of sedation, but xans are hard for me to come across, and I also worry about them being laced and basically just nullifying the whole point and process of getting clean in the first place
I don’t know if it was already mentioned or not but please be careful mixing xanax with such a super strong opioid as fentanyl whether it’s for your girlfriend or yourself. So many ODs going on in my local with that combo. Maybe have a Naloxone kit around even though it sometimes may not be enough in very rare circumstances.

Oh yeah for sure. Those two are like a killer cocktail. I’ve personally died at the greyhound station (classy) from it and it had been 24 hours since I had taken any. I prolly won’t be using any tho as I have little access to it and am reluctant to do it as it’s so frequently cut with fent

I totally understand the precipitated withdrawal one time I took a full 8 mg sub 12 hours after my last shot of fentanyl after 3 months straight daily 5 grams a day.

I had a minor stroke and almost died. Precipitated withdrawal is not to be taken lightly.

That said I just got off fentanyl taking 2 mg subutex 52 hours after last dose.

You need to suffer through and use subutex or methadone to get off .

7 day taper 50+ hours after last use

2 mg - 0:00
2 mg - 1 hour later if no signs of PWD
4 mg - 4 hours later
4 mg - 8 hours later

Day 2

8 mg - 9 AM
8 MG - 6 pm

Day 3

8 mg - 9 Am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 4

4 mg - 9 am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 5

4 mg - 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 6 -

2 mg 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 7

2 mg - 9 am

I just did this taper and was shocked at how little withdrawal I felt after the subs were gone.

Used clonidine hydroZXYINE and baclofen a week after to get through and sleep

Good luck man

4mg subs took fentanyl withdrawal away? Must have been bunk especially if you did 5g a day.
5g of even decent dope would kill a person.

4mg subs took fentanyl withdrawal away? Must have been bunk especially if you did 5g a day.
5g of even decent dope would kill a person.

Why you questioning me and talking shit? I seen a kid overdose on a key bump of the powder I was shooting don't question me I've been on 140 mg of methadone my tolerance is permanently gigantic.

I've overdosed on 50 mg shot of the same shit outta Lawrence Mass shipped straight from Texas over the border from the fentanyl labs in Mexico. I know the source.

5g of this shit would kill most if not all opiate addicts not addicted to fentanyl.

and no dumbass 4 mg did not take the withdrawal away I was sweating bricks shaking restless legs didn't sleep for 3 days.

Now keep it moving Merry christmas asshole

Hey @OpiateKiller , who pissed in your Wheaties today?? Lol Lol . Not every comment is a Dis to you, so people are very new to opiates and the whole street drug seen?
I have followed you for awhile on here, Hows your Dad?
merry chistmass and a happy and Healthy New Tear

Why you questioning me and talking shit? I seen a kid overdose on a key bump of the powder I was shooting don't question me I've been on 140 mg of methadone my tolerance is permanently gigantic.

I've overdosed on 50 mg shot of the same shit outta Lawrence Mass shipped straight from Texas over the border from the fentanyl labs in Mexico. I know the source.

5g of this shit would kill most if not all opiate addicts not addicted to fentanyl.

and no dumbass 4 mg did not take the withdrawal away I was sweating bricks shaking restless legs didn't sleep for 3 days.

Now keep it moving Merry christmas asshole

I've been on dope well over 10 years. 5grams would kill someone. Everyone over 20 and an addict knows this also, not just me here thinks you're full of it trust me
Stop lying as someone could read it and think it's possible... liar

I've been on dope well over 10 years. 5grams would kill someone. Everyone over 20 and an addict knows this also, not just me here thinks you're full of it trust me
Stop lying as someone could read it and think it's possible... liar

My habit was 5 grams a day. My lab results were positive for fentanyl and tramadol. I failed for fentanyl for 14 days in a row. They almost kicked me out of detox they didn’t believe that was possible if I wasn’t still using.

I don’t lie. There’s no point, grow up my experience is my experience I don’t need to impress strangers on the internet. Obviously it wasn’t pure fentanyl it’s cut to shit but even 5 mg fentanyl would kill most junkies.