• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin (For withdrawals) How much Pregabalin should I be taking for my switch onto bupe? Can loperamide cause PWD?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I've just finished the last of my heroin and I don't/didn't plan on getting anymore. It was a one-off, 1-2 week binge as my Nana had died and I needed an escape. (Bare in mind I smoked the stuff, I'm not a IV user).

I have buprenorphine but there's that 24 hour wait I need to get through prior to taking it to avoid PWD. I have plenty of Pregabalin, lots of 300mg capsules.

My tolerance isn't super high. Pregabalin is one drug I've never been addicted to and never taken much of over the years. Recently, over the past 2 weeks or so, I've been taking 150mg capsules of it that I split the 300mg ones into here and there but I haven't had it many times, just a handful and it wasn't days in a row either, it was spread out. I definitely aren't dependent on it in any way so I can afford to take whatever is necessary over the next 24 hours until I can take my buprenorphine.

How much Pregabalin should I be using to quell my withdrawals before using my buprenorphine with pretty much no tolerance/little tolerance? (To reiterate, I'm not an IV user, I smoked the stuff.)

I also have loperamide. I've read contradictory statements online as to whether it can or can't cause PWD if you take it soon before buprenorphine. I wasn't planning on taking huge amounts, somewhere between 20-30mg....possibly 40mg. Was planning on combining pregabs and lope to get through the 24 hour withdrawals. If I took, say, 30mg lope 3 hours before my buprenorphine, would/could that cause PWD? Is there a maximum amount of time I should be taking lope at that dose before bupe?

But yeah, my main question is Pregabalin dosage really. I also have Valium which will help with anxiety and Zopiclone which may help me sleep through some of my withdrawals.

Any help surrounding these questions would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: