• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Nociception

The Holy Quadruplty

Bluelighter
I've read that the reason that alcohol, and Subutex don't go good together is because of alcohols Nociception effect or something like that. So why does gabapentin with it's Nociception, or whatever, go good with Buprenorphine, but not alcohol with Buprenorphine.

Here's one thing I read, and pretty much what I'm talking about...

Conclusions: Buprenorphine has dualistic effects on ethanol drinking; low doses increase alcohol intake via stimulation of classic opioid receptors, whereas higher doses reduce it via activation of NOP receptors. We suggest that NOP agonistic properties of buprenorphine might be useful in the treatment of alcoholism.

Is Alcohol a Nociception receptor antagonist or something like that?

The quote is talking of “nociception opioid receptor” whereas Gabapentin simply acts on the nociception system which is describing something broader than the former.

From my understanding nociceptors are different from nociception opioid receptors but please someone correct me if I’m wrong.

From my very brief scan of the studies, it seems both agonists and antagonists of NOP help attenuate alcoholism and other addictive behaviors… Strange.

-GC

The quote is talking of “nociception opioid receptor” whereas Gabapentin simply acts on the nociception system which is describing something broader than the former.

From my understanding nociceptors are different from nociception opioid receptors but please someone correct me if I’m wrong.

From my very brief scan of the studies, it seems both agonists and antagonists of NOP help attenuate alcoholism and other addictive behaviors… Strange.

-GC
So do you think Subutex would be negatively affected by gabapentin the same way with alcohol?

I'm fucked up I can't remember if I just did my Subutex or not. I mean I know I put it in my mouth, but was all fucked up looking at shit on my phone so idk what happened since I wasn't paying attention to it in my mouth (no homo lol 🤣) like I usually do. Do you guys think I did it good, and that none came out of my mouth? Sorry I'm very delirious, xanax'd out, Subutex'd out, chlorpheniramine, promethazine, very potent Marijuana, 900mg of Gabapentin, and is my first time doing Gabapentin in a while, but I'm use to everything else. I feel crazy right now like I don't even know where I'm at. Lol 🤣

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing if you did it right or not, but remember better to keep it reasonable and not push the limits too far.

I once in awhile will forget if I had taken my Suboxone or not, and my rule of thumb is to just rough it until my next scheduled dose even if I did forget cuz taking too much feels like shit compared to taking a little less with bupe.

Hopefully the rest of your night was safe and relaxing :)

-GC

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing if you did it right or not, but remember better to keep it reasonable and not push the limits too far.

I once in awhile will forget if I had taken my Suboxone or not, and my rule of thumb is to just rough it until my next scheduled dose even if I did forget cuz taking too much feels like shit compared to taking a little less with bupe.

-GC
Yes very relaxing, and somewhat safe. Lol

-GC
Do you guys know if Gabapentin really increases GABA? Like I just took 600mg is there GABA being released, or like made more in my body, or not? Lol I'm so confused about it. I wonder if they increase GABA the same way as benzodiazepines or not? Also why does it kind of feel like I'm on Adderall or something like that especially with a higher dose, and with my other drugs I take like chlorpheniramine, promethazine, Subutex, Xanax, Nicotine, and weed?

Last edited:

-GC
Do you guys feel like Gabapentin can keep building up like peaking? Like I took it around noon, then one around 4pm and it's midnight now, and I feel like I'm feeling it way more now then when it was first peaking. I can still feel it kicking in stronger, and stronger. Each time I take a hit a weed I feel it even more as well.

-GC
Is gabapentin considered a GABAergic drug, or not? I'm so confused about it's GABA activity. Also how much do you guys believe it does actually bind to GABAa, and GABAb receptors as well as the other things or stuff it does, and actually increases GABA?