• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin withdrawals

Pinkbarbie23

Greenlighter
So today is day 2 of gabapentin withdrawals. I posted another thread earlier about having to get off of gabapentin immediately without having the time to do a taper because of my kidneys and I didn’t get much of a response in the way of helpful tricks. I even asked on another forum and all I heard back was tapering suggestions or moving on to pregababalin, which is just gabapentin on steroids. I used to be a pharma rep and both gabapentin and lyrica were my competitors for one of my 3 drugs. What people didn’t seem to understand is that gabapentin is kind of like a prerequisite course. For insurance companies and for doctors to feel like they are doing the right thing, you have to take gabapentin first. It has to either run its course up until it stops working or the patient just completely in pharma talk “fails” on it to be promoted to lyrica. Even though technically gabapentin is primarily used for seizures it is for neuropathic pain. Anyway it’s like telling someone who is trying to quit a 100 mg oxycodone habit to take 200 mg of Percocet. Plus add in a little Dilaudid.. you might not get addicted to the new strength in a week or however many days it takes for withdrawals to end, but the least of your worries is that you just go back to withdrawing off of the 100mg oxy again just hoping you’re now not withdrawing of a higher tolerance.
Anyway today is Saturday. Thursday around 5:00 pm was my last dose of gabapentin. Friday (my first day of no gabbies) I woke up at 8:30 am took 500mg of phenibut (granted I have no idea what I’m really doing in regards to this stuff) I didn’t feel good or bad. 4:30 pm I took another 500 mg dose. Around 6:30 I took another 250 mg. Around 10:00 still feel nothing. I have some cold freezing spells but as far as any feel good effects/affects (always get those two mixed up) nada. I decided to go to bed since I’m tired and since I have no idea if I’ll be getting any sleep for the rest of my life (feeling sorry for myself). I make up a glass of OJ and two chutes to put by my bed. 1 with 500 mg for 12:30 am and 1 with 1000 mg for 8:30 am.
Regarding parachuting, this is new to me. I feel like an absolute freak show swallowing toilet paper. I never in my life thought my days would come to this.
At 12:30 I took my 500 mg and woke up a few times during the night to pee and take covers off of me for sweating. I usually sleep in less clothes and with the fan on, but gabapentin withdrawals make you freeze.
8:30 am I took 1000 mg with oj. I actually slept until 11, which I never do, but phenibut increase must have knocked me out. When I got out of bed I felt completely dizzy. I thought I took too much and therefore needed to find the right kind of balance. It’s now 12:30 (I thought it was later) I don’t feel good and not terrible. I feel like I have a slight cold right now, so phenibut is staving off the horrible withdrawals but I don’t seem to get whatever good feeling phenibut users feel. That’s probably a good thing. The same happened with Kratom. I used it to get off of something (right now I’m in a brain fog! I forgot to mention that) I didn’t experience anything with Kratom other then staving off whatever the heel I was on back then.)
My next dose will be around 4:30 but I don’t know if I should take more or less.

Ive been on Gabapentin for 2 years now and every time I miss a day or 2 it definitely reminds me in a not so nice way. I'll get anxiety and sweats. Nothing too bad though. I also take Kratom too and that synergizes well with Gabapentin. At least for me anyway. Be well my friend.