• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Getting off BTH with oxy then hydros?

cabbagepatch31

Bluelighter
I’m trying to get off black tar (mostly IM lately. No veins left…) with oxy and hydros. I also have subs too. My goal is to taper off everything with as little pain as possible. Has anyone done this? How did you do it? Did it work? I have access to a good amount of both oxy and hydros. Should i try tapering down to a low dose of hydros and then taper off a small amount of subs? Or just quit cold from the small dose of hydros? Can’t be as bad as dope…or fucking methadone 😰 I know its still going to suck. I’ve tried everything else, rehab, methadone, subs, everything. I want to clean up SO badly. I need to. I’m on probation but I’ve been using because I haven’t reported in almost 2 years because of COVID. I could go back any time…I have a lot to loose and need to quit. Any advice or encouragement would be great.

i'm not sure oxy or hydro are a good idea as they have a shorter half life than h- i'd go for using the subs. short acting opiates are a nightmare to get off.

are you getting any help? do you know why your previous attempts to get clean failed? actually wanting it is a great start, but its so easy for the resolve to melt away a couple of days into a cluck. if you can get support from as many avenues as possible, friends/family, drugs services, therapists, mutual aid group, anything and everything you can think of.

i'm not sure oxy or hydro are a good idea as they have a shorter half life than h- i'd go for using the subs. short acting opiates are a nightmare to get off.

are you getting any help? do you know why your previous attempts to get clean failed? actually wanting it is a great start, but its so easy for the resolve to melt away a couple of days into a cluck. if you can get support from as many avenues as possible, friends/family, drugs services, therapists, mutual aid group, anything and everything you can think of.
You think?? My only thing with subs is every time I’ve tried to get off with subs, it always takes at least a day before the subs actually work, not to mention the 12+ hours opiate free before you take the subs. Being sick is always what makes me go back. Every time. Even if I got to a pretty low dose of hydros you think it would still be bad?

according to google, the half life of hydrocodone is 3.8 hours. i'm guessing if you sleep 7-8 hours, you wake up pretty sick, right? the half life of heroin is 6-12 hours. you'd have to get up in the night to redose if you wanted a chance of decent sleep. a shorter acting opiate is more difficult to get off cos you have to dose more often, its really easy to accidentally increase your dose when you mean to decrease. as addicts we lack the tools to deal with withdrawals in the best of circumstances, but moving to a shorter acting drug makes it a lot harder.