• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment going back to rehab

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I overdosed on phenibut and alcohol last night.... funny how I warn people about it

I scared the shit out of my family

got kicked out, homeless now

rehab

cya guys later, it was fun

good luck man!! i really hope you can get to the bottom of your issues and find some long term recovery. go in with an open mind, don't take preconceptions picked up in previous rehab experiences. that sort of stuff is just giving the addict part of your brain something to feast on.

don't take preconceptions picked up in previous rehab experiences. that sort of stuff is just giving the addict part of your brain something to feast on.
Probably the best advice about rehab I've ever had. I've spent over 9 months of my life in inpatient rehab and even more in outpatient.

I'm in an odd state where rehab will help me but I have the opinion that I've learned all I could from rehab. Feels like drug jail in some sense, but I know that's the wrong way to think about it.

Thanks

Don't forget who you are or who you were, I have an inkling your kind of special.. so how do you win against addiction? After all its a battle against you, so the only way to win is to draw.

Probably the best advice about rehab I've ever had. I've spent over 9 months of my life in inpatient rehab and even more in outpatient.

I'm in an odd state where rehab will help me but I have the opinion that I've learned all I could from rehab. Feels like drug jail in some sense, but I know that's the wrong way to think about it.

Thanks
Let us know how it's going if you can and if there's anything we can do to help!

This totally sucks what happened, but try to take this in a positive light. You were on a really destructive path to the point of chronically drinking and using despite liver failure weren’t you? This is your break, to get away from a certain death. If this didn’t happen you’d be continuing as you were.

Ive been through a lot of rehab as well. About 13 months total in rehab since 2011, til 2015. Never have been back (save 2 days detoxing to prepare and I bailed) although many times I have definitely been a prime candidate. Other the that, I also have the endless outpatient, the hospitals, the detoxes (good 3 dozen times in detox easy), psych holds, counseling, whatever.

I’m in my worst meth addiction ever today. You could say that it looks like I probably have nothing to learn, but there’s no way you would think that right? Flip that logic on yourself. If you’re still here and want the help to stop, realize you don’t know shit about quitting because you never have, not in the long run. There’s always more to learn. There’s always new phases of life to live.

Keep in touch here on BL. I’m rooting for you.

-Alex

Good luck. I’ve been to rehab 8 times the past 4 years and it’s been a year now since my last one. I did learn a lot and was always told to just be open to it and not fight it (which I did every time). I made really good friends at everyone of them and learned a lot tbh (mostly that I won’t ever get to the point again where I have to go lol jk) you’ll be ok!

i completely understand about feeling imprisoned, and somehow punished. its also difficult if the professionals treating you blur that line. when i was in a psychiatric crisis ward i got caught skinning up and locked in my room which no phone, visitors, no tv, nothing but books, until i 'earned' the priviledges by recovering. which i couldn't do cos i wasn't receiving any therapy and being locked in a room isn't great for mental health. anyway hopefully your experience will be better than that.

i dealt with feeling imprisoned by basically giving in to it. facing up to the fact that i was so unable to make good choices for myself that i needed to hand my autonomy over to someone who might be better able to make good choices on my behalf. and then trust them. which is also fucking difficult, especially if there is money involved (my rehab was private) so the people running the facility might genuinely not actually have your best interests at heart.

you deserve so much better than a life of addiction. its clear from your previous posts that you are resourceful and intelligent, if you can focus that towards working on yourself in rehab, i am sure this will the start of a much better life for you.

Update:

Thanks for all the support guys.

This all started when I took 4g of phenibut, drank, then 20 hours later took another 4g of phenibut. I've used this amount before, although it was a little more spaced out. Apparently about 6 hours after the 2nd dose I completely blacked out for around 12 hours and was pacing around my sister's house at 4am babbling incoherently, unable to communicate or answer simple questions like where I am. I guess I was acting psychotic. I willingly opened my drug lock box and gave it to my sister (did NOT look good). I was saying and doing weird shit for hours without any memory. There are kids living in that house, so I do not blame my sister for kicking me out and I left willingly. The whole thing scared the shit out of my sister. She knows about my whole psychotic/schizo episode a few years ago and she thought I literally lost my mind. I was acting delusional.

I was given the opportunity to stay at my mother's house, who is out of town, until I get into rehab. I'm completely broke so my only option is a state subsidized rehab program. I'm not even sure if I can get in yet, they are closed until Monday and need to assess my condition.

Even my best friend is mad at me because he's tired of seeing me ruin my life. Understandable. I guess it could be worse, at least I'm not going back to jail.

I'm really not all that upset about the situation. Partly because I'm used to it, I understand the reasoning honestly it's time for me to get my shit together anyways. I've been living with family for over a year now and that's pretty pathetic for someone who is 31. Time for me to get my poop in a group.

Thanks for all the support, love you guys.

U
[QUOTE="SnafuInTheVoid, post:

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

hey No offense , but if you are still ODing , and homeless, I would Pay much Closer ATTENTION in Rehab 🤯🤯
just a thought, but sounds like you missed a few things. Since Rehab; I have not had a drink, been arrested, in a fight , homeless, or broke In 10 YEARS
good luck let’s hope you are now on the Masters program for recovery . Before you die or kill someone else ! Best of luck, I Loved my stay in Rehab

Yeah bro, you need to get it together. You shouldn't be acting like this. Especially when relying on others and then mumbling nonsense for hours in front of them. Self sabotage.

You need to stay clean for now.