• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Story Harm Reduction and Drug Policy Based Stories to Addiction / Recovery and Peer Support- Post Your Ideas Here

Joey

Bluelighter
This is a pitch I just whipped up.

Nirvana. It has been 18 years since I heard a few of my peers covering Smells Like Teen Spirit in grade 8 assembly, I checked out some of their music. I found just a few songs to click. Then a few more. Before 6 months was up I'd eaten through their entire released discography. I knew bootlegging as a subject inside out as to the basics of it and intensely if Nirvana-related. This man Kurt Cobain who had founded and led the band in all of its hail fire glory and destruction left a marked impression on my life for the long term as well. For better or worse.

Coming to my thoughts in the present and what I do now, I believe strongly that for all he wanton need ha had to have the hallmark family, and be a good father to his 2 year old daughter - widow Courtney Love directly in his documentary 'Kurt Cobain - Montage Of Heck' that the tough love protocol at his final intervention may have been the make or break factor to his final decision. He already had a strong aversion (at least so as he wrote in his journal age 17.. as a 10 year plan to rock-stardom and death) from a healthier prospect of living to wanting part in the 'Twenty-Seven Club'

This club was well known alresdy then by 1984, and on his seemingly untimely death On approximately April 5, 1994 given the autopsy and announced April 8 when his electrician found his body in the parking garage on the second floor of his parking garage adjoining his rather large Seattle home. A really cool looking spot at the time, I can't imagine how awesome witnessing some band practice events would have been, and then a really uncool to downright sad turn of events.

An event that multiple people had actually partially foreseen as well as literal money was spent on searches for, and from heart and mind the freely given worry to thoughts toward him for his life and safety and a bright future for this young man. Kurt suffered a suicide attempt just one month earlier, had a crazy-level heroin fix / $400USD per day in 1994 money and the bulk spending that kind of cash gets you all at once. I don't buy the Tom Grant conspiracy. He had two uncles who died of suicide by shotgun wound. That says enough for me without prying it all apart needlessly to the message I need to convey here.

He had been a global star for 2 years only of the biggest rock band on planet Earth. His big issue with it all was the proto-social media level of fame in the tabloids, MTV, and the papers being the medium as alt.nirvana was one of the first outlets online to catch the story. He was a strikingly progressive honest, good looking, and talented in a cathartic way that prior genre-driven time periods in music and pop culture hadn't captured. He was real. Really gone now. I don't know what it must have been like for people. and especially those close to him or his business as a band leader. Mortifying. Sickening. Heart breaking. Tough love.

Tough love tactics were crucial to his breaking point.

What articles would you like to see in these fields? This is a place for me to dump my ideas, rough pitches and writeups, and get some ideas if you have anything in mind. Please let me know what you think should be written on!