• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Help deciphering a paper.

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Paper in question: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5155470/

Hi, so I have a benzo addiction and have seen so many doctors an so at so many clinics and no one is willing to help me taper off, I ran long this paper today saying Camellia sinensis has benzodiazepines like effects, that are blocked by a benzodiazepines antagonist and has similar effects to valium.

My question is they said they used an aqueous extract of Camellia sinensis, which im not sure exactly what it means. I went and picked of a bottle of pills of active green tea, with the medical ingredients listed as:

Per serving - 1 capsual
Green Tea Extrax(Camellia sinensis) - 700mg
Total catechins 60 - 90%
- Epigallocatechin gallate(EGCg)36-54%
- Caffine NMT 3%

I'm not sure what chemical they extracted and tested in that paper, I am trying to find out if these pills would have similar effect as in the paper, just until I can find a good source for a long half life benzos as a reasonable price. I have already been scammed twice, and I am at my wits end. If anyone has any information please help me out.

Over my head but I see the connection with
Camellia sinensis
but the study jumps to benzos (diazepam) maybe I am just not reading it through. Maybe a tl;dr :shrug:
Imma try to read a bit more of it and locate and ref to Camellia sinensis
word
hold plz
may take some time

a comparison of diazepam to Camellia sinensis
still interested.... i love benzos lol

hmmmm
just it being in a study at all compared to diazepam is interesting to me. Looks like something is there; green tea :unsure:
well at least this Camellia sinensis
My head says its bullshit but i would try it. i would stop benz use and see what was what. I may have five onnit. lol ;)
You already have these capsules?

hmmmm
just it being in a study at all compared to diazepam is interesting to me. Looks like something is there; green tea :unsure:
well at least this Camellia sinensis
My head says its bullshit but i would try it. i would stop benz use and see what was what. I may have five onnit. lol ;)
You already have these capsules?
I do, but Im not sure at what dose this alkaloids is supposed to active or what percentage if any these capsules contain. I took 4 anr it may have called me down, but that could just as easily be placebo. I am also scared to take take too much incass they have no benzo activity, but they do have caffeine, which would make wd much worse. Perhaps I could try getting in contact with the authors on clarification.

Last edited:
I do, but Im not sure at what dose this alkaloids is supposed to active or what percentage if any these capsules contain. I took 4 anr it may have called me down, but that could just as easily be placebo. I am also scared to take take too much incass they have no benzo activity, but they do have caffeine, which would make wd much worse. Perhaps I could try getting in contact with the authorities on clarification.
If ya going through heavy benzo withdrawal get to an emergency room at closet hospital.
See there are the unknowns like what are ya coming off, how much a day those sort of things help.
eat and drink some water

if i am misunderstanding everyhing but this almost seems more
peace

yeah fuck the coffee and shit if i come of benzos yep none of that

If ya going through heavy benzo withdrawal get to an emergency room at closet hospital.
See there are the unknowns like what are ya coming off, how much a day those sort of things help.
eat and drink some water

if i am misunderstanding everyhing but this almost seems more
peace
have already been to the e.r where they gave me a 5mg/day taper and told me not come back. They insisted its slow enough to prevent seizures, so until my parents have to call 911 because I am seizing the e.r is a no go. I just hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night when they will not hear me.

I was initially at 45mg of dizapam when I went to the e.r, by the end of the taper at 5mg I got a hold of flubromazepam, which I was able to stabilize myself at 30mg, which is around 25mg of diazapam. But I have once again run of flubromazepam because 60mg cost me $120 and that taper is just financially unfeasible.

I have writen an email to the author of the paper asking for clarification and any additional information she could provide, but I have little hope she will get back to me. Maybe having a seizure and and it all just ending is the most disersble outcome for me at this point.

call 911 because I am seizing the e.r is a no go. I just hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night when they will not hear me.
They have to hear you and treat you hope they competent
they cannot refuse a call or case of possible seizure.
how do you feel?
ya know this may sound stupid but i spent a lot of time here when i kicked alprazolam a few years ago. I fuckin went nuts kinda for a while aint gonna lie. Maybe this herbal thing will help who knows yet but eat. drink water.

if things are going sideways call 911 shit can be deadly. not tynna spook nobody but happens, right?
fuck death he/she/it is a loser.
ha

if things are going sideways call 911 shit can be deadly. not tynna spook nobody but happens, right?
fuck death he/she/it is a loser.
ha
Yeah that's all i am waiting for, once I start having seizures they'll have to help me, but until then they think I'm just trying to score some drugs.

In the paper they did not identify which compound(s) are responsible for this supposed diazepam-like effect, but the truth of the matter is that unfortunately the green tea extract will not substitute for benzodiazepines (nor does it truly act like diazepam).

You might look into aminata muscaria, though i certainly cant vouch for it (having never tried it as a treatment for benzo withdrawal).

Giant doses of both beta-alanine and taurine might help too (a few grams each plus, but thats a band aid). But in my experience almost nothing helps benzo withdrawal except for time.

At those doses you probably aren't at risk of full blown seizures unless you are predisposed to them, but you're going to feel awful.

Yeah that's all i am waiting for, once I start having seizures they'll have to help me, but until then they think I'm just trying to score some drugs.
Thats some kinda bull shit
mental health issue of course or depending.
go to a different hosp and follow procedures?
do you feel really "nervous"? Like every thing is bull shit? throwing stuff, emotional?

Yeah got my hands on some real benzos hard to tell if the pills did anything.
i think this is sig worthy.
fuckin bunk ass pharmacies which reminds me of a pharmacy and a "withdrawal" of opioids a couple decades ago. funny story imo but shit was nuts. s fla. they had a lot of shit man. i was like wtf?
:oops:

=D
what you lookin for?

Paper in question: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5155470/

Hi, so I have a benzo addiction and have seen so many doctors an so at so many clinics and no one is willing to help me taper off, I ran long this paper today saying Camellia sinensis has benzodiazepines like effects, that are blocked by a benzodiazepines antagonist and has similar effects to valium.

My question is they said they used an aqueous extract of Camellia sinensis, which im not sure exactly what it means. I went and picked of a bottle of pills of active green tea, with the medical ingredients listed as:

Per serving - 1 capsual
Green Tea Extrax(Camellia sinensis) - 700mg
Total catechins 60 - 90%
- Epigallocatechin gallate(EGCg)36-54%
- Caffine NMT 3%

I'm not sure what chemical they extracted and tested in that paper, I am trying to find out if these pills would have similar effect as in the paper, just until I can find a good source for a long half life benzos as a reasonable price. I have already been scammed twice, and I am at my wits end. If anyone has any information please help me out.
Camelia Sinensis also contains between 1 to 3 % L-Theanine. A calming substance linked to GABA. But the extract is quite pricey.

Magnolia bark is a full agonist at one of the the GABA site's.