• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Help with severe withdrawal...absolutely desperate for help.

Tipton444

Bluelighter
I'm an absolute mess right now, and I just don't know what to do... Please bare with me here as this is very embarrassing and scary.

Let me start from the beginning... I am a heroin addict with a very high tolerance and I'm on methadone. I was getting some incredibly potent fentanyl bags and it was just too much so I wanted to try and wean myself off, so I switched to a different bag, and I'm pretty sure it was laced with MDMA. This was tuesday morning and I did A LOT (1/22/22). I took a drug test later wondering what the heck was wrong and it was positive for mdma, and my heart has been pounding out of my chest for 3 days now. Someone gave me some 3mg green xanax bars a long time ago and I've just never messed with them before, but I first took half of one after the first day of a pounding chest at night and it actually helped to the point where I somehow slept for a few hours. Right now I am about 60 hours out from using heroin, but I've taken the xanax about twice a day and I'm still taking my methadone regularly.

I've been to the ER twice, and the doctors office once. I was given a few EKG's and my heart was okay besides the tachycardia and super high blood pressure. I can't figure out what is still making my heart go absolutely crazy....was it the laced mdma? Another laced adulterant? is it the xanax? Or is it just a severe fentanyl withdrawal? I'm overly alert, my senses are through the roof so smells, light, and sound are all amplified, I'm shaking, I have restless legs, I had a small headache, I feel like I'm on speed, and my apetite is gone. No congestion, runny nose, or what I would expect from heroin withdrawal so the methadone must be helping in that regard. I'm absolutely petrified of using heroin again, and xanax for that matter, but I'm losing all hope, I just want my body to calm down.

I guess I'm wondering, can you get severe xanax withdrawals from using it for less than 3 days? The majority of the dose I was taking was 1mg, with one time being more. Is it the combination of the xanax and methadone being synergistic? Do I need to wean myself off the xanax and take a tiny tiny piece, less than .25mg? Its not like I have a script or endless supply though. Or just stop completely and hope to god my heart stops racing since I only did it for a couple days?

My doctor did bloodwork, but of course I went on a Friday, so it won't be back until Monday. I know this is a very complicated and hard to understand situation... but if anyone can give me ANY advice I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know whether to go back to the ER for a 3rd time, but they really don't know what to do with me and of course I'm petrified of getting covid while I'm there on top of all this. I would go to detox, but I'm taking double my prescribed methadone dose right now to get over the fentanyl and if I went to detox it would take a week just to get up to that dose.

Please help...

-E

Last edited by a moderator:
Xanax is a bad one but it doesn't get you hooked in 3 days in fact nothing does apart from in my own personal experience fentanyl analogs.

Hard enough to find MDMA and people seeking it will pay dearly for the real thing. That would put it near the absolute bottom of illicit adulterants. Could it be that you're not used to taking meth which is a likelier culprit

The answer is no

Rebound anxiety & insomnia is possible though especially if doses are high

Also those green bars you got are not legit xanax

Most likely they contain flualprazolam and possibly fentanyl so be careful

Wow. Thank you both for your replies, I truly appreciate it and can't thank you enough. I did not know the green bars are not legit xanax as I've never really messed with them before, but someone at a needle exchange was warning me about them and other pressed pills when I was picking up some fentanyl test strips so I guess that makes sense. Excuse my lack of knowledge, as I am reading up on the subject now, but is there any way to tell if your xanax bar is flualprozolam? I'm guessing it likely is, and it's been 18 hours since I took 1/3 of the bar (I originally thought they were 3mg but apparently they are 2), and I don't intend to take ANY more. I was afraid I was having xanax withdrawals so I would have to take a little more just to wean off but with both of you saying that is likely not the case I'm glad I asked.

I took a drug test that Tuesday and it came up positive for MDMA, and opiates of course. I took one today, Saturday, and the line for MDMA is very faint, so I guess that's technically a pass. The line for TCA was also incredibly faint which doesn't make sense to me either. So I guess it is still up for debate whether the bags were laced with MDMA or the bags I was doing before it had 10x the amount of fentanyl and I was just withdrawing from that. My senses were and still are incredibly heightened so I thought it was MDMA. Everything smells so potent. The drug test also tested for meth which was negative, and I've never done meth, but if I did this is what I would expect it to feel like, except there was absolutely nothing pleasant about it. My heartbeat is still strong, but I feel a little less anxiety than this morning, so I probably did have rebound anxiety from the bars.

So, can severe fentanyl withdrawal make you feel like you are on speed with your heart beating out of your chest for days? I guess I would have expected more of an opiate type withdrawal with restless legs and a runny nose, but then again I am still taking methadone, so is part of the withdrawals covered up and I'm still left with what a bad fent withdrawal? I mean, I was doing bundles at a time on top of 115mg of methadone... so that has to be it, right? This has honestly been the worst week of my life, but I hate to admit it, I needed a kick in the ass to stop and that is what I am doing. I still hope I'm gonna be alright though, it's still pretty scary feeling wired and chest pain for days on end. Please let me know what you think, thanks again.

Dude I’m taking some random fentanyl analogue that these Dominicans sell as “brown” it’s straight fentanyl.. the withdrawals are the worst thing in the world only withdrawal that makes me puke up bile and is 10/10 pain.. I’m also on 31mg of methadone. It’s my first day with just the methadone and it’s awful…. Like real bad and I’ve been having panic attacks too. I honestly think it’s just the fentanyl, anything else would be out of ur system. Atleast you have those pressed bars I’m sure there is muscle relaxer/ benzo or something like that. There have been cases of Xanax bars cut w fent but it’s not as likely as people say. Stay safe. I’m wicked sick too so I feel ya

Dude I’m taking some random fentanyl analogue that these Dominicans sell as “brown” it’s straight fentanyl.. the withdrawals are the worst thing in the world only withdrawal that makes me puke up bile and is 10/10 pain.. I’m also on 31mg of methadone. It’s my first day with just the methadone and it’s awful…. Like real bad and I’ve been having panic attacks too. I honestly think it’s just the fentanyl, anything else would be out of ur system. Atleast you have those pressed bars I’m sure there is muscle relaxer/ benzo or something like that. There have been cases of Xanax bars cut w fent but it’s not as likely as people say. Stay safe. I’m wicked sick too so I feel ya
Tell your clinic you want an increase its not holding you or you're having cravings you don't have to mention the illicit drug use if you don't want. As far as advising people to take pressed pills that's not exactly in the spirit of harm reduction

You are in Mass too, jeez, crazy out here but I'm sure its like this everywhere, I'm in the holyoke area. Is your heart pounding like crazy too then? I'm pretty sure the ones I had were almost pure fent as well, 100x stronger than 20 different bags I've tried over time. I am not going to bother with the bars, it's just time to stop. I am going to go up on my methadone dose as well even though I have been trying to avoid it for the longest time. I had almost 7 years clean, and in those seven years a lot has changed with regards to fentanyl and it really caught me off guard. Hang in there as well my man...

Tell your clinic you want an increase its not holding you or you're having cravings you don't have to mention the illicit drug use if you don't want. As far as advising people to take pressed pills that's not exactly in the spirit of harm reduction
Yeah I put an increase in.. won’t get it til Wednesday unfortunately and yeah not advising anyone to take anything. But I know what OP is feeling and any type of relief would be good.. I literally feel like I jumped into a fire w my skin and my heart pounding out of my chest I also haven’t eaten or drank water all day and I usually down water. This fentanyl shit is not the move

Yeah I put an increase in.. won’t get it til Wednesday unfortunately and yeah not advising anyone to take anything. But I know what OP is feeling and any type of relief would be good.. I literally feel like I jumped into a fire w my skin and my heart pounding out of my chest I also haven’t eaten or drank water all day and I usually down water. This fentanyl shit is not the move
Try Gatorade

Yep that's the feeling... Well I guess I have found my answer, and it's obviously gotta be the fent that is wrecking havoc on by body. Would anyone know why my symptoms would increase after taking methadone for a short period of time, but then slowly dissipate? Same thing happened when I took the bars, got worse then better. Anxiety? Definitely go with the gatorade, I'm drinking as much as I can.

I'm an absolute mess right now, and I just don't know what to do... Please bare with me here as this is very embarrassing and scary.

Let me start from the beginning... I am a heroin addict with a very high tolerance and I'm on methadone. I was getting some incredibly potent fentanyl bags and it was just too much so I wanted to try and wean myself off, so I switched to a different bag, and I'm pretty sure it was laced with MDMA. This was tuesday morning and I did A LOT (1/22/22). I took a drug test later wondering what the heck was wrong and it was positive for mdma, and my heart has been pounding out of my chest for 3 days now. Someone gave me some 3mg green xanax bars a long time ago and I've just never messed with them before, but I first took half of one after the first day of a pounding chest at night and it actually helped to the point where I somehow slept for a few hours. Right now I am about 60 hours out from using heroin, but I've taken the xanax about twice a day and I'm still taking my methadone regularly.

I've been to the ER twice, and the doctors office once. I was given a few EKG's and my heart was okay besides the tachycardia and super high blood pressure. I can't figure out what is still making my heart go absolutely crazy....was it the laced mdma? Another laced adulterant? is it the xanax? Or is it just a severe fentanyl withdrawal? I'm overly alert, my senses are through the roof so smells, light, and sound are all amplified, I'm shaking, I have restless legs, I had a small headache, I feel like I'm on speed, and my apetite is gone. No congestion, runny nose, or what I would expect from heroin withdrawal so the methadone must be helping in that regard. I'm absolutely petrified of using heroin again, and xanax for that matter, but I'm losing all hope, I just want my body to calm down.

I guess I'm wondering, can you get severe xanax withdrawals from using it for less than 3 days? The majority of the dose I was taking was 1mg, with one time being more. Is it the combination of the xanax and methadone being synergistic? Do I need to wean myself off the xanax and take a tiny tiny piece, less than .25mg? Its not like I have a script or endless supply though. Or just stop completely and hope to god my heart stops racing since I only did it for a couple days?

My doctor did bloodwork, but of course I went on a Friday, so it won't be back until Monday. I know this is a very complicated and hard to understand situation... but if anyone can give me ANY advice I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know whether to go back to the ER for a 3rd time, but they really don't know what to do with me and of course I'm petrified of getting covid while I'm there on top of all this. I would go to detox, but I'm taking double my prescribed methadone dose right now to get over the fentanyl and if I went to detox it would take a week just to get up to that dose.

Please help...

-E
I find hydroxyzine hydrochloride tablets (allergy&anxiety) and ask for pregabalin for your nerve pain ;) and anxiety hope this help going through the same thing myself but with codeine

Hey can I get an update? Did you guys get clean? I've been trying to get clean off the hard grey concrete rock Fetty that comes from straight over the border, and I keep coming up positive for MDMA as well. It's definitely in my Fetty, I get the same stuff for a looooong time now and I use no other drugs other than pot which I know where it comes from.
It's been 3 months of me trying to get clean, I even went to a "medical detox" called TCC here in LA that was a nightmare, they kept pumping me full of methadone which wasn't working at all. I have a baby on the way, my girl is 3 months pregnant. She doesn't use. It's been a fucking nightmare. I want to be clean so bad. This is nothing like heroin withdrawal. Nothing at all. 10 years of heroin use, heavy use, was much easier to kick than a year+ of a gram a day of this Fetty. At least ivs cut back to about half a gram or less a day, but its still been a nightmare.

Please help...

-E
I think you will be fine with the amount of Zanax you are using. No need to worry there. Good. I feel for you babe I really do but I am no expert on heroin or much else for that matter!'+ ha yeah man, could you possibly pick up some Valium from your doctor? This requires some kind of part of you either being sincere or acting for your benzos. How often I used to act as a result of trying to attain some benzos. I like Clonazepam now. I prefer it to Valium even. Hope your doctor is a cool person who is not reluctant to give out the hugj and mighty benzos. I can't live without having some near by. I spent so many years having panic attacks and running to the doctors who always never wanted to give it to me. They assumes I was doctor shopping. Well I did do my fair share of that once!') ha so I am not taking this issue lightly. I am trying to be amusing to cheer you up a bit I hope. Well my dear friend, good luck with your endeavours and be calm and be prepared. Knowing this is helpful. Bye darling 😽

Try Gatorade
Boost, ensure or other nutritious beverage would be a better option, IMO/E.
I wouldnt recommend the ones with 30g sugar but the ones that are for keeping glycemic index in balance (think 1g sugar or less and more protein).
TMMV
Sup, darv?
Peace