• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hernia repair surgery. Should I go to the hospital or wait until Monday... For my doctor

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
My doctor said if my pain gets worst go to the hospital. But it's exactly the same pain... It started after I left by doctor visit who said everything was perfect. Soon I got home and took off my hernia binder I got this sharp pain on my side. Right side. If I try to sleep on my left or right side it kills me. I got my hernia repair two weeks ago they put a mesh in..
I dunno I'm just worried about spending eight hours in the hospital and not getting anything and still having to talk to my doctor Monday... Should I just rough it out. I can sleep on my back even though it's very hard for me.. in fact I wonder if I stopped trying to sleep on my side if the pain would go away... Anyways.. is there a best time to go to the hospital? I dunno the doctor didn't think it was the hernia repair causing pain but I'm on bed rest, I'm not doing anything that could strain a muscle and isn't the obvious answer the true answer. I just need to wait and heal.. it's a bitch though I was fine at first then the pain started Thursday night... I talked to doctor Friday they said just wait.. but now that it's not getting better I'm a little worried... I dunno any ideas? I'm in CA. Why this happen to me over the weekend!

This is a situation none of us can get even close to diagnosing for you online. This doesn’t sound like something to play with so maybe it’d be wise to go in and see. I know the pain of having to go in, trust me on that. But better to know…

-GC

i would say if you're still shitting ok, then you're probably ok until Monday

im supposed to get some mesh installed for an inguinal hernia but i keep putting it off :facepalm:

Well I went to the ER anyways I've been here from 9am. I'm still here. Waiting for a CT scan to come back... At least I got some dilly for the pain while I'm here.. I'll let u guys know if it was serious or not.. better safe then sorry I say.. I should be done in a hour. They were busy today.

Well I went to the ER anyways I've been here from 9am. I'm still here. Waiting for a CT scan to come back... At least I got some dilly for the pain while I'm here.. I'll let u guys know if it was serious or not.. better safe then sorry I say.. I should be done in a hour. They were busy today.
Definitely good that you went.

I have a large blood clot where they repaired my hernia and I'm being held the night.... ☹️ My tv in my er room has no sound. But I'll hang in there. Lol. Well I'll update everyone tomorrow when I'm out of the hospital. Thanks for anyone who replied... Sometimes it helps to get other ideas.. but it was a good thing I came in.

Hope you are fine. Glad you went to the hospital. Listen to your gut with these things. Chances are if you are making a post or asking people if you should go to hospital, you probably should. All the best with your recovery.

I have a large blood clot where they repaired my hernia and I'm being held the night.... ☹️ My tv in my er room has no sound. But I'll hang in there. Lol. Well I'll update everyone tomorrow when I'm out of the hospital. Thanks for anyone who replied... Sometimes it helps to get other ideas.. but it was a good thing I came in.

Yea keep us posted....hope ya feel better

Incompetency ...
surgeons middle name these days

Very glad to hear you went in! Keep us updated!

-GC

I had a hematoma. They did the sugary with a robot and the robots arms that go in your insides need space and that space started to fill with blood because of whatever reasons... I can't sleep past 3-4am and I have this sharp pain that won't go away, it won't get better and I can't sleep on my side... I'm debating asking my doctor my pain doctor who gives me Norco I might ask her to help. Because there's nothing I can do to make things better ATM just wait to heal which takes weeks maybe months my hernia doctor said.... It's all pretty normal he's sorry but just hold on.
and I have to wear this hernia binder almost all the time. Which only makes the pain worse and I have to sleep in it which sucks. Well my doctor told me to sleep in it.. but I'm at the point where I don't want to wear it anymore at night... Oh gosh I return to work next week... I really hope this is the worst day of everything and tomorrow i feel a lot better..... 🤷‍♂️ There's just nothing I can do but wait and see. It's a normal complication I'm not special... Happens... Just gotta find a way to tough it out.. thanks for the kind words.