• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin ; need some legal advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

obliteration123

Greenlighter
i fucked up heavy yesterday and OD’d in my boyfriend’s dorm room, with him having snorted with me. he called ems and i ended up being narcan’d twice and left the hospital 2 hours after the incident, rejecting any additional medical testing. we’ve already got our story, what we’ll say if we are interrogated in the future, which involves stating that he was sober and unaware of the fact that i had taken a laced substance. note that the cops found no substances in the dorm room.
what is the standard procedure for a situation like this? i am most worried about him being kicked out of school. he has a meeting with his RA tonight and we agreed that he’d place the blame on me mostly since i don’t have as much to lose as he does.

Well that sucks.

Tell the truth and shame the devil. They already know you were both using and lying will just make it worse. Tell your boyfriend to get down on his knees and beg forgiveness. Tell him to say it was a one off deal and he is very sorry and it will never happen again. That he just wanted to try it once and it backfired. That he got it out of his system and is super sorry that it happened.

I mean you can lie if ya want. But having him play dumb and not know that YOU were using in the same room as he was in the whole time just isn't feasible. But if you tell the truth and beg forgiveness they just might respect you enough to give you a second chance. Lying rarely works because .......well, it just doesn't. And people respect ya more if you fess up then if they know you are lying to their face.

Good luck. BL doesn't have a legal team so the best you might get here is some advice.

i fucked up heavy yesterday and OD’d in my boyfriend’s dorm room, with him having snorted with me. he called ems and i ended up being narcan’d twice and left the hospital 2 hours after the incident, rejecting any additional medical testing. we’ve already got our story, what we’ll say if we are interrogated in the future, which involves stating that he was sober and unaware of the fact that i had taken a laced substance. note that the cops found no substances in the dorm room.
what is the standard procedure for a situation like this? i am most worried about him being kicked out of school. he has a meeting with his RA tonight and we agreed that he’d place the blame on me mostly since i don’t have as much to lose as he does.

Sorry about all that. You sure it was heroin? If you are in the US chances are it wasn't.

In any case, I don't think anyone here knows the protocol in such a situation as far as the dorm is concerned. I recommend you search reddit as I'll bet you'll find some information there. Or try to find the dorm/school policy book online. Im sure there is a policy for that type of thing and its likely well defined in some sort of rule book.

But there seems to be a bigger problem here than the issue with the school. Snorting heroin is dangerous enough when its real heroin, but snorting the fentanyl laden stuff being passed around as heroin these days is like playing Russian roulette with your life

Your not going to go to jail or something no crime has been committed what would they be possibly charge u with if u had no drugs siezed? And I would lie and say it was just u if u are gonna take the blame anyway. This person telling you to tell them everything and beg on your knees I would not listen to unless there's no way out and it's obvious u both used

Your not going to go to jail or something no crime has been committed what would they be possibly charge u with if u had no drugs siezed? And I would lie and say it was just u if u are gonna take the blame anyway. This person telling you to tell them everything and beg on your knees I would not listen to unless there's no way out and it's obvious u both used
Yeah, God forbid people tell the truth and own up to what they did.

While the OP may be safe from going to jail there is still the issue that someone in his room OD'ed on school property. The protocol might be to expel them or make them live off campus.

That's why we can't ( or shouldn't ) give advice like this because each University is different and has different rules. Hopefully it worked out okay for both of them. And just because they weren't caught with any drugs because they consumed them all doesn't mean they are free from all legal issues. If the school wants to make them a cautionary tale we have no idea what they might do. But I hope they are both okay.

I wouldn't tell the truth if I thought it was going to get me kicked out of school and that's something my whole life's probably depending on. That's all I was going by I didn't say it was wrong to tell the truth just sometimes it's not worth the damage

Status
Not open for further replies.