• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Heroin treatment in the Netherlands?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
Any Dutch person here who knows about opioid maintenance treatment in the Netherlands? I can't really find information of the internet. I am not interested in suboxone but rather Methadone if possible.

Anyone here from the Netherlands who knows? Thanks a lot!

Not sure about the dutch but IIRC switzerland and Germany hand out depot morphine pills (high dosed ones like 200mg) for those in opioid maintenance as well as methadone. They might do the same in the Netherlands. Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in.

I'm actually quite happy with ,my buprenorphine but i also acknowledge that not everyone gets on with it quite as well. To me it's perfect. It's like being almost sober but the quite not completely. I can, even with my high tolerance, feel the opioidish effects (they're mild though) it provides and i'm quite happy to settle for that. That's enough for me for everyday use. I wouldn't want anything more effective/sedating. Plus buprenorphine greatly impacts my mood in a positive way. I'm a non responder to almost every possible antidepressant there are. Bupe does something positive to my brain that no antidepressant is capable of doing.

That being said bupe is lightweight solution for a heavy dope habit. If one has had a decade(s) of heavy opioid use (hell 3-4 years is more than enough) buprenorphine might just not cut it. Methadone usually does the job but the side-effects of heavy doses are horrendous. Men's testosterone levels drop below to prepubescent girls. The waterwaight and fat gain makes you look like a whale and you become very passive like you were on antipsychotics. And the sweating must be annoying AF. I believe morphine extend release tablets for opioid maintenance should be more widely used option. Methadone in high doses usually doesn't actually increase the quality of patient's life. For some it does but for too many it makes them bloat, gain weight and sweat constantly throughout the day. It also might make patient's congitive skills and functions lesser than before. I don't know too much about that but i would like to hear people's opinion on this one. Buprenorphine use has not declined my congitive skills and/or functions at all. I believe morphine doesn't do it to such an extent methadone does. Morphine is just a lot more humane treatment option compared to methadone. It's damn fucking shame it isn't more widely available.

Not sure about the dutch but IIRC switzerland and Germany hand out depot morphine pills (high dosed ones like 200mg) for those in opioid maintenance as well as methadone. They might do the same in the Netherlands. Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in.

I'm actually quite happy with ,my buprenorphine but i also acknowledge that not everyone gets on with it quite as well. To me it's perfect. It's like being almost sober but the quite not completely. I can, even with my high tolerance, feel the opioidish effects (they're mild though) it provides and i'm quite happy to settle for that. That's enough for me for everyday use. I wouldn't want anything more effective/sedating. Plus buprenorphine greatly impacts my mood in a positive way. I'm a non responder to almost every possible antidepressant there are. Bupe does something positive to my brain that no antidepressant is capable of doing.

That being said bupe is lightweight solution for a heavy dope habit. If one has had a decade(s) of heavy opioid use (hell 3-4 years is more than enough) buprenorphine might just not cut it. Methadone usually does the job but the side-effects of heavy doses are horrendous. Men's testosterone levels drop below to prepubescent girls. The waterwaight and fat gain makes you look like a whale and you become very passive like you were on antipsychotics. And the sweating must be annoying AF. I believe morphine extend release tablets for opioid maintenance should be more widely used option. Methadone in high doses usually doesn't actually increase the quality of patient's life. For some it does but for too many it makes them bloat, gain weight and sweat constantly throughout the day. It also might make patient's congitive skills and functions lesser than before. I don't know too much about that but i would like to hear people's opinion on this one. Buprenorphine use has not declined my congitive skills and/or functions at all. I believe morphine doesn't do it to such an extent methadone does. Morphine is just a lot more humane treatment option compared to methadone. It's damn fucking shame it isn't more widely available.
Very interesting I was under the illusion that methadone is completely safe compared to heroin

I have never heard before about high does of heroin dropping T and causing these side effects.

Why would someone be on very high does of methadone for too long though? Is it not the idea that you taper to a decent safe dose and maintain from there on? Instead of perpetually taking huge doses?

Also unless you IV H I presume your methadone dose will not be so big right?

Over here in NL they give 3 free daily doses of heroin to severe addicts, they do the same with coke...

Over here in NL they give 3 free daily doses of heroin to severe addicts, they do the same with coke...
In my city the heroin project is a small scale thing and they didnt hand it out the last time I checked you have to use it on site.

As for the OP's question , what is it you want to know exactly about the methadone program? They switched from liquid to pills years ago and all you need is a positive piss test for opiates to get into the program and get up to 200 mg of methadone a day, usually you can work your way up to taking 1-2 weeks prescription with you at once.