Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Hikers on mushrooms get rescued

Ismene2

Bluelighter

Hikers high on magic mushrooms rescued in Lake District​

Just after noon on Saturday, the team were called to the Stoneycroft, Newlands and Seathwaite area of the national park following reports that a group of young men were in trouble after taking magic mushrooms.

Mountain Rescue England and Wales, which is funded entirely by donations, prides itself on not judging those it helps, regardless of the cause of their distress.

Its report of the callout says simply: “A number of calls were received via passersby, who had come across a group of young adult males who had taken magic mushrooms. Two in the group were feeling unwell, with one saying he could smell his own brain. The casualties were walked down and given advice by the team medic regarding the timing of their onward travel.”

TARZANLOSTSAFARISTILL5-600x475.jpg

1124744592-c27c90dd0f8fa0e08ab33f7524ad3233.jpg

Maybe they never left their living room, and just were convinced they were in the lakes! 😆

So mountain rescue, with the aid of GPS tracked down these imperilled hill-walkers by first knocking on the front door and the proceeding to traverse the hallway knocking in pitons, roping up with carabenas and using lost arrows for the tricky ascent of the stairway?

Still, if one victim's symptoms included 'smelling one's brain' that sounds like a very serious injury (cerebronasal insult). Possibly he toppled off the chaise longue and into the grate?

Who knows - those mountain rescue chaps are all heroes in my book (admittedly, it's a rather weighty tome).

What next? Someone accidentally falling into a K-hole requiring cave rescue to be called out to discover if they can taste the sound of the victim's odour while listening for the flashing-lights of the emergency beacon....

Last edited:
Good lord, as if drug users didn't have enough of a bad name. Surely they could have just plonked their arses down for 8 hours until they came down, and then found their way back.
Though I suppose it would be pretty frightening to be lost on shrooms, especially if they'd taken a shit ton, which they clearly had if their brains were aromatic...

Yeh, I saw this and immediately thought "what fuckin hallucinogenic mushrooms were they picking in spring?"

Unless they brought their own of course...
Magic mushrooms grow all year round, they are just much rarer or have much smaller areas they can actually live. I've personally found a whole patch in the middle of summer, and recently saw on shroomery someone finding a relatively rare one in the middle of summer too.

Probably just dried or farmed/bought though.

I like the fact that they are seasonal. Makes them special.

I don't know much about fly agaric. I know you should boil them so that the ibotenic acid is decarboxylated to muscibol. Muscimol is a powerful GABA ligand and I know thiomuscimol is reputed to be much more potent (but no safety data)l.

Trip reports are not all that positive with 'drunk' and nausea turning up too often. NOW that might be because they were not prepared properly (heck - some of those reports on people eating them raw...

But even over-arching UK law does not control them suggesting that they are considered to cause delirium rather than a trip.

Magic mushrooms grow all year round, they are just much rarer or have much smaller areas they can actually live. I've personally found a whole patch in the middle of summer, and recently saw on shroomery someone finding a relatively rare one in the middle of summer too.

Probably just dried or farmed/bought though.

Which species have you found in the middle of summer?

Which species have you found in the middle of summer?

I found regular old subs, was taking a piss of side of a road bypass thing. A slightly disturbed path where someone has else walked and stood, and no doubt pissed exactly where I stood. I look down mid stream and see a patch of them maybe 20-30. This was in middle of our summer(jan/Feb). Growing on bark between flax bushes.

On shroomery someone posted a find of waeroa pouch fungus which are super potent. Growing in Jan or Feb. Never seen that before personally but I've never even found those in season let alone out.

This is in New Zealand though so depends on how 'summery' your summer is. Ours still gets hot like 30c+ but not crazy hot. We are sub tropical. Still, you don't see mushrooms much in general outside of their season here but you do still see them on occasion.

Ive always got my eyes open for mushrooms and have only seen them out of season(well, really out of season ie summer) exactly ONCE in 15 or so years.

I know someone who grows them year round. He dries, crushes & places in caps. About 10 caps is a proper 'see god' dose. One guy mistakenly took 20 and had a ;chat with god. It seemed to go well, they exchanged notes and god game my friend his cellphone number. Of course, it now a disconnected number. Typical.

I feel if it grows, it should be legal. So mushrooms, weed, opium. Ephedra/khat as well, I guess. It covers all 4 corners.

I found regular old subs, was taking a piss of side of a road bypass thing. A slightly disturbed path where someone has else walked and stood, and no doubt pissed exactly where I stood. I look down mid stream and see a patch of them maybe 20-30. This was in middle of our summer(jan/Feb). Growing on bark between flax bushes.

On shroomery someone posted a find of waeroa pouch fungus which are super potent. Growing in Jan or Feb. Never seen that before personally but I've never even found those in season let alone out.

This is in New Zealand though so depends on how 'summery' your summer is. Ours still gets hot like 30c+ but not crazy hot. We are sub tropical. Still, you don't see mushrooms much in general outside of their season here but you do still see them on occasion.

Ive always got my eyes open for mushrooms and have only seen them out of season(well, really out of season ie summer) exactly ONCE in 15 or so years.

Well, there ya go then. In the UK we don't have many psychedelic species of mushrooms. We have Liberty caps (P.semilanceata) and a few weaker ones that no fucker bothers with. AFAIK, Liberty caps are exclusive to autumn.

The only contender I can think of for the article posted is Amanita muscaria which I believe can still be found in spring in some areas. But as these are normally associated with birch trees, I doubt they would be prolific up a mountain.

What are 'subs'?

Last edited:
Well, there ya go then. In the UK we don't have many psychedelic species of mushrooms. We have Liberty caps (P.semilanceata) and a few weaker ones that no fucker bothers with. AFAIK, Liberty caps are exclusive to autumn.

The only contender I can think of for the article posted is Amanita muscaria which I believe can still be found in spring in some areas. But as these are normally associated with birch trees, I doubt they would be prolific up a mountain.

What are 'subs'?
We also have psilocybe cyanescens which are strong as fuck