• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive How are you active addicts holding up during COVID?

I see alot of yall doin a seemingly forces taper off subs. Are MAT doctors offices closed where yall are at or somethin? Here in indiana our worthless governor did an executive order instructing sub docs bot to shut down and hes even allowing call in scripts if they do close. Dont have to attend my required 1hour class that i had to attend for the 3 years i been goin to my sub doctor. He waived that shit. Waived prior authorozations gor medicaid junkies like me. Only worthwhile thing the scumbag ever did ever since he got his promotion when our last gov became trumps vice president. Im definitely glad pence aint gov here no more. This situation is fucked up but not how it seems most places are. I dont know bout up north but here in southern indiana the police aint enforcing none of this new plandemic bullshit plus they aint pullin people over unless they on a shootin rampage or somethin and a dude i know got 3 felony warrants from last year and went to the county to turn himselfbin to get his time over with and they turned his ass away....that part is pretty badass. As far as drugs go there is plenty of boy but meth has all but disappeared. Along with bein a heroin addict since 2000 i been a speed freak since the late 90's when i was in high school. I been on 2 8mg subs a day since 2016 but still do boy at least couple times a week usually more. Round here its all fentanyl so the subs aint blockin shit lol. I still get peeled back off a quarter of a pack(1/10 gram). Most days in a row i missed doin speed since got out the joint in 2015 is 3. Til last week. Finally found some in indinapolis last night. Never seen that happen before. Couldnt find none for 10 days. All over our part of the state. 2 days ago couldnt even find it in louisville. I knew naptown would get it together quick tho. Round here we go to indy for the go and cincinatti for the slo. Years ago alot of people cooked meth here but crystal been so cheap last couple years and been hard to get anhydrous and phos so pretty much took over. Current situation made me wonder if anythings becoming hard to come by in other locations? Meth shortage here can be explained by closed borders but fentanyl based heroin still all over the place and so good its droppin boys left and right. I figured it was comin cross the border too but maybe not cause theres not any natural opiates in it. My doc test for opiatesbut not fentanyl and only thing ever shows up is buprenorphine and methamphetamines. I dont know i just hope it dont happen regular....peace. time for another speedball, wish me luck lol ftw

Hey there, I’m pretty new to this platform and I’ve been searching for a forum about tapering off of bupe for a couple weeks now, this is the best I’ve found.

I take subutex (snort, sorry) and right now I’m at a quarter of a pill a day (2 mg). I ingest it every morning at 7am, and I’m having a really hard time going any lower than that because I start feeling WDs around 4pm. I usually do 1mg in the morning and the other 1mg around 2pm before the WDs start kicking in again. Also with these being pill form, it’s pretty hard to go lower than half of a quarter as the cutting of the pill can get all fucky.
I’m a single parent, I work, and I’m also a full-time student, but wanted to taper this summer since I won’t be in school.
Can anyone PLEASE give me some advice on tapering off of these wretched things? Oh I guess it might help to mention that I’ve only been on them since January (Idk why I started using again, I was clean for 3 years ugh). I also don’t like Cannabis, and I’m not really interested in substituting with anything like gabapentin or kratom or what have you.

thanks so much!
Hi, I'm currently tapering off this buprenorphine too, came down from 8mg to 0.1 in a year but wish I'd done it earlier, I would say maybe take it all at once & have a steady taper plan , then when you get to say 2mg drop 0.2 per wk , then 1mg 0.1 per wk that's what I've been doing , I finally jump off tomorrow, hoping for the best , dreading the worst , have some zoplicone for 14 days , & I have a few pregabalin & plenty of gabapentin if needed , B12 vitamins for lack of energy & willpower , best of luck

I’m sure they do! That’s not a bad idea, though I’m terrified to try anything different because I only have 2 pills left (I am not prescribed them I buy them from a friend and they are out until the end of this month).
It looks like I may have to just suck it up and deal with the WDs; I slept horribly last night due to cutting my dosage down, but I want off of these so bad, I want my fucking life back. 3 years of being clean and then I do this to myself again, why are addicts like this? Ughhh.
Thanks for your reply and suggestion, I truly appreciate it!
Hi dont beat yourself up about this little relapse, I was 10 years clean then last year relapsed, a year long heroin habit now tapering off bupe , finally jumped today, my local drug service said think positively about the time you were clean rather than this little relapse & having the courage to address it again, that stuck with me , wishing you the best for your recovery

I'm blessed that my baseline mental health needs are still being met. Trying to find the balance of how to feel good about my first real break from work in life, while also feeling the severity of this shit and trying to help.

Really I've just been glued here for plenty of hours doing absolutely nothing physically because I usually make irresponsible decisions.

Hi dont beat yourself up about this little relapse, I was 10 years clean then last year relapsed, a year long heroin habit now tapering off bupe , finally jumped today, my local drug service said think positively about the time you were clean rather than this little relapse & having the courage to address it again, that stuck with me , wishing you the best for your recovery
Hey thanks, man! Sorry for late reply; I finally took the jump myself - I was doing 1mg of an 8mg sub pill for a couple weeks and finally said “fuck it” and flushed what I had left. Haven’t had anything in 36 hours and it’s pretty rough, but I’m imagining it would be even worse had I not tapered so low.
I slept maybe 3 hours last night, do you have any recommendations for that? I have zero energy and have been in bed since yesterday morning but can’t sleep either, fucking sucks. My dad suggests CBD but I’ve never tried it (HATE how marijuana makes me feel) so I’ve no idea if it will help with the pain/insomnia. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

@Required666 CBD oil etc can help, just get one without THC in it as thats what is in marijuana that you hate, so do I it makes me anxious and jittery, makes my overthinking so much worse too

Valerian and Promethazine helps sleep but you'll need high doses of Valarian, I get the 400mg pills and take 4/5 before bed, you can try less and work your way up

I've used Valerian so many times in withdrawal

@Required666 CBD oil etc can help, just get one without THC in it as thats what is in marijuana that you hate, so do I it makes me anxious and jittery, makes my overthinking so much worse too

Valerian and Promethazine helps sleep but you'll need high doses of Valarian, I get the 400mg pills and take 4/5 before bed, you can try less and work your way up

I've used Valerian so many times in withdrawal
Glad to know I’m not alone in my hatred for THC lol. I texted my dad asking if he’d bring some CBD, hopefully he does, because there’s no way I can get out and drive rn and go into the store like a human being with the way I feel. I had some Valerian root but tossed it a few months ago because it never helped me, guess I wasn’t taking enough of it, damn.

I've used Valerian so many times in
Valerian, really? Interesting to read it actually works for some as I found it so utterly useless as homoeopathic sugar balls, and hyped by the same sort of naturistic people that I have to hold on not to get angry when someone mentions valerian / chamomile / homoeopathy / Bach flowers / St. Johns etc to me..

Recently tried it again after reading in a paper that it's a GABA PAM like benzos but either I am a non responder or it's weak as fuck. Took 4 pills with 900mg valeric acid each (recommendation is two and they even say when ingesting more than two or accidentally you need to go ER :ROFLMAO:) - nothing. Tried it for 5 days as some tell it needs time to work (well, either its a gabaergic and would work instantly, or it isnt) - nothing.
Other time I had liquid, recommendation 25 drops. Ended up taking at least 10x that - nothing.

Passion flower is indeed sedating, but again after drinking half a bottle of syrup. Kava and mulungu are imho the only plant sedatives which are comparable to chemical ones, and of course big pharma manages to keep them hardly available.

--

Ugh, that pandemia. I am cut off my RC supplies with closed borders as the country where I live has one of the highest seizure rates in Europe even with legal chems so mail isnt an option anymore. Annoying but guess my body is thankful.

Glad to know I’m not alone in my hatred for THC lol.
I am the same here, at least these strong buds of today aren't for me.. Had some rare nice experiences with low strength outdoor weed, and one time industrial hemp impregnated with the synth UR-xxx but synths are somewhat of russian roulette and even Swiss CBD hemp with just 0.9% THC wasn't exactly fun..

CBD alone appears to have little to no effects in me, once I thought it's slightly sedative but only when vaped and in a cold way but not reliably so. Might have to do with other meds / chems I take, or it was just too less but guess based on price you shouldnt require 1/3 of a 10ml bottle..

Bach flowers and camomile and all those are crap yeah, Valerian works, but you need proper Valerian root pills and there's so many different kinds some are shit, Holland and Barratt do a good one

It works on gaba yeah that's how he helped me, this time round it didn't help me sleep after coming off Mirtazapine which doesn't even act on gaba, it's the histamine receptors it acts on for sleep, but I'm now back on mirtazapine, Promethazine stopped working after 2 weeks too and Valerian in high doses didn't work after a week or so and I've been taking them for years off and on for different tapers and withdrawals, but I was trying a new make for me called Kalms one a night and yeah taking 6 didn't work, maybe its the Valerian maybe it's me this time round

I never take drugs during my normal working day. Just weekends. But if the Lockdown is the longest weekend I ever had I consume every day.

JJ

I can second that Valerian is no joke if sourced right. First time trying it I was dizzy and bed ridden for 12+ hours it was so strong.

Chamomile is pretty much non-psychoactive as is Lemon Balm from what I’ve seen. They contain small amounts of apigenin but not enough to do much. Salvia nemorosa is a much better source and overall psychoactive plant.

-GC

Man I crave for some decent dissociative yet DXM is the only one which is easily available these days and the only one which gives me psychotic reactions.

Circumstances wanted that I have to stay in the Netherlands for some days but of course last time when I had no interest, just on the way from hotel to train station got approached by two dealers. When looking for sth they will ignore me. Don't like buying on street either but RCs are conplicated currently.

Valerian, really? Interesting to read it actually works for some as I found it so utterly useless as homoeopathic sugar balls, and hyped by the same sort of naturistic people that I have to hold on not to get angry when someone mentions valerian / chamomile / homoeopathy / Bach flowers / St. Johns etc to me..

Recently tried it again after reading in a paper that it's a GABA PAM like benzos but either I am a non responder or it's weak as fuck. Took 4 pills with 900mg valeric acid each (recommendation is two and they even say when ingesting more than two or accidentally you need to go ER :ROFLMAO:) - nothing. Tried it for 5 days as some tell it needs time to work (well, either its a gabaergic and would work instantly, or it isnt) - nothing.
Other time I had liquid, recommendation 25 drops. Ended up taking at least 10x that - nothing.

Passion flower is indeed sedating, but again after drinking half a bottle of syrup. Kava and mulungu are imho the only plant sedatives which are comparable to chemical ones, and of course big pharma manages to keep them hardly available.

--

Ugh, that pandemia. I am cut off my RC supplies with closed borders as the country where I live has one of the highest seizure rates in Europe even with I am the same here, at least these strong buds of today aren't for me.. Had some rare nice experiences with low strength outdoor weed, and one time industrial hemp impregnated with the synth UR-xxx but synths are somewhat of russian roulette and even Swiss CBD hemp with just 0.9% THC wasn't exactly fun..

CBD alone appears to have little to no effects in me, once I thought it's slightly sedative but only when vaped and in a cold way but not reliably so. Might have to do with other meds / chems I take, or it was just too less but guess based on price you shouldnt require 1/3 of a 10ml bottle..

--

Ugh, that pandemia. I am cut off my RC supplies with closed borders as the country where I live has one of the highest seizure rates in Europe even with legal chems so mail isnt an option anymore. Annoying but guess my body is thankful.

I am the same here, at least these strong buds of today aren't for me.. Had some rare nice experiences with low strength outdoor weed, and one time industrial hemp impregnated with the synth UR-xxx but synths are somewhat of russian roulette and even Swiss CBD hemp with just 0.9% THC wasn't exactly fun..

Yesterday was day 3 of detox for me and I ate some edibles and didn’t feel shit, couldn’t sleep for my legs hurting so bad. I can’t get my hands on any prescription meds like gaba so looks like I’m just gonna have to tough it out. Can’t believe how brutal this DT is off of 1mg of subutex jfc.

I can’t get my hands on any prescription meds like gaba so looks like I’m just gonna have to tough it out.
No chance to try a new doc or local addiction clinic (at least around here they are the easiest to convince that you need something) to get for example clonidine?

Some OTC pills can help too. Particularly loperamide which is a peripheral-only opioid that stops diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, maybe other symptoms. No need for crazy doses, the recommended ones or 2x them should do.

And DXM is able to control and stop a good part of the withdrawal without prolonging it. Some people have great success with it, dose according to response, requires more than for cough. Maybe 150-200mg, if required after 1-2h again 150mg.

Emesan / diphenhydramine can help with sleep.

If you have access to that, K could help too.

No chance to try a new doc or local addiction clinic (at least around here they are the easiest to convince that you need something) to get for example clonidine?

Some OTC pills can help too. Particularly loperamide which is a peripheral-only opioid that stops diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, maybe other symptoms. No need for crazy doses, the recommended ones or 2x them should do.

And DXM is able to control and stop a good part of the withdrawal without prolonging it. Some people have great success with it, dose according to response, requires more than for cough. Maybe 150-200mg, if required after 1-2h again 150mg.

Emesan / diphenhydramine can help with sleep.

If you have access to that, K could help too.
Nah man I’m just going it alone (minus a bunch of Advil and some edibles). Today is day 5 and the pain in my legs is almost completely gone, my pupils are returning to normal size, but my fucking GOD I am dragging ass - NO energy whatsoever, can barely stand for longer than 30 seconds, fuck. How much longer until I get my energy back?? I’m taking a multivitamin with b12 in it but idk...

Hey there, I’m pretty new to this platform and I’ve been searching for a forum about tapering off of bupe for a couple weeks now, this is the best I’ve found.

I take subutex (snort, sorry) and right now I’m at a quarter of a pill a day (2 mg). I ingest it every morning at 7am, and I’m having a really hard time going any lower than that because I start feeling WDs around 4pm. I usually do 1mg in the morning and the other 1mg around 2pm before the WDs start kicking in again. Also with these being pill form, it’s pretty hard to go lower than half of a quarter as the cutting of the pill can get all fucky.
I’m a single parent, I work, and I’m also a full-time student, but wanted to taper this summer since I won’t be in school.
Can anyone PLEASE give me some advice on tapering off of these wretched things? Oh I guess it might help to mention that I’ve only been on them since January (Idk why I started using again, I was clean for 3 years ugh). I also don’t like Cannabis, and I’m not really interested in substituting with anything like gabapentin or kratom or what have you.

thanks so much!
In a situation like that I would take methadone for a few days because it tricks your brain but only for a few days not long enough to let it make me wd after that once i was feeling clamy i would pop 4-5 tramadols and see if that fucks me up or barely holds if u are at 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at nite the first day 4 to 5 tramadol and sleep. The second day 3 to four tramadol u will know what to take by how u feel, Stay at 3 for 2 days then day 5 drop to 2 or 1. if you are only using 2mg a day tramadol will hold you. Then by day 7 you should be cool. last time it took me 5days to not feel ucky also you can look into vivitrol after you have had no opiates in your system for 2weeks. It takes all the cravings away you will be solid. but fwi tramadol is not an opiate it is classified in the opiate family because it technically does the same thing but tramadol caps the receptors in your brain to make u think u did an opiate. i guarantee it is not something that will throw you into withdrawl. I would use tramadol to stay well when I would have to give a clean test with my PO. It always worked I have used tramadol to kick a few times

I am not holding up well my use of suboxone and high grade heroin has caught me in the grips of a bear trap. I attempt to run free, even the thought of biting off my leg is considered an option yet I am too frightened to follow through.

I miss looking back at how bad I had it when I had it good and was sober but now I am forced to reminisce on memories of sobriety which seem fat gone and unobtainable. I fear the worst that I cannot make it and I too will fall victim to the game. I fear I will never be the same person I was or I will die in the mysery that surrounds my current existence.

But I fight. and I fight hard.
Sorry that this is probably rude, but when i read your post i only saw the HIGH GRADE heroin!!! If you knew what crap we have here....Maybe moving is a solution, it kinda was for me, only other Way around. Go somewhere where there is no high grade Dope but methadone and slowly go down with dose. Easy said than done, i know. But wheres a will theres a Way ( old german saying. Wo ein Wille ist, ist auch ein Weg). Good luck!