• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous How do you deal with nausea when taking mushrooms?

@ninjapirateroberts Glad you enjoyed your LSD, any chance you had some alcohol in your system when taking shrooms?

That significantly increases nausea.
I recommend not drinking with shrooms, but if you want to wait an hour or so after coming up before you drink.

@ninjapirateroberts Glad you enjoyed your LSD, any chance you had some alcohol in your system when taking shrooms?

That significantly increases nausea.
I recommend not drinking with shrooms, but if you want to wait an hour or so after coming up before you drink.
I don't drink, not even on special occasions. Never drunk alcohol in my life (I've got a complicated childhood with that substance).

Never ever, cool them and try to improve the taste with Vimto. Last time I bumped into my ex, I was curious, so found a way of getting 'Vimto' into the conversation. Almost immediately, she began wretching at the name Vimto and it was over 3 decades ago that we had 'the Vimto trip'.

I don't know about nausea but I'm pretty fucking anxious from pieces of a shroom chocolate bar that I EXTREMELY underestimed good god. It hasn't even peaked yet. I am so fucking zonked. And to think I'm still crazy enough to do DMT later.

Ginger root is your friend though.

im good on the mushrooms

they're so strange

i don't feel like i have any control at all over the trip - and i can't figure out simple things - i do like the way things look visually - that's probably my favorite part of shroomin - this last time, everything kinda looked clean and perfect - it was so weird

and i like that i can just go to sleep too - but they're just too shifty and scatter-brainish for me - and i always feel like im slightly poisoned - they're just too bizarro overall - that's about all i can sum it up to be

but they're just too shifty and scatter-brainish for me
Shifty is the best possible words to describe mushrooms. I've got plenty of experience under my belt but they still manage to find a way to throw you for a loop and pull the rug out from under you. LSD you're in the driver seat, with mushrooms you are very much in the passenger seat. Although If you respect them and have a heart of courage they can take you places...

For the nausea I take a few ginger capsules an hour before eating the mushrooms. I eat a light meal 3-4 hours before the trip, usually soup and toast. Empty stomach is probably better for nausea but I find hunger during a trip very distracting. Making a tea solves the nausea problem but I find the trip is shorter and lacks the afterglow of eating them. Possible placebo, I solve this by doing both! Downing 3 grams then making a pot of tea to sip on all night long.

I tried this psilocybin-containing chocolate today. Took 3 bars of these (1 bar = 1g of psilocybin-containing mushroom). It tasted absolutely awesome, and I felt very little to zero nausea at the peak of the trip.

It was also my first experience of ego death. My memories (both short-term and long-term) were completely suppressed briefly during the trip; I couldn't recall my name, where I was, am I even a human being, what even is a human being, etc. I felt like I was "reborn". At the peak of the trip, it felt like a really, really deep sleep-dream-like state where I completely lost connection to reality and time.

I love this a lot; safe to say more than LSD (where I didn't really experience ego death). I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, if you're from Canada, you can buy them online at

I hope they legalize mushrooms soon!

2.5 was my best dose usually, eat light brunch and let it settle, if you eat dry caps you can mix them in some peanut butter, you'll never taste them :)

I got sick of people complaining they got all stims and no caps, so I ran my stash through a blender and dosed them out in capsules. Complain about that lol . That summer the whole town was tripping ✌️

With shrooms and some other psychedelics too I noticed what influences both nausea and body load is how I’m health wise generally. Like if I’m really not taking care of my body and mind I might get really nauseated even from something like 2c-b while if I’m feeling really good and taking care of my mind and body I might end up with minimal or no nausea even with things like HBW or cacti.

The first time I did shrooms I ate half an eighth and I had really bad stomach cramps but the trip was really strong. I had full blown visuals and body and mental high. The second time I did shrooms I ate a full 8th and didn't get the nausea or stomach cramps, the third time I ate 7 grams and it was weird I didn't feel nauseous but I threw up anyway.