• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to turn raw opium into smokeable opium + how to smoke it traditionally?

I think the only place where opium is still commonly smoked like this is Laos. I once tried to plan a backpacking expedition to Laos but it fell through.
Haha I was taught the technique by a fellow student from Laos whose uncle happened to be the owner of an opium den.

Raw opium can be smoked as is.

Refined cooked opium, known as chandu, is made by dissolving raw opium in hot water then filtering through cloth and then evaporating the water.

I strongly recommend against attempting to cook or refine opium if you only have a gram of it. You'll end up losing/wasting alot of it in the process. And again, raw opium can be smoked.

I would also recommend against using that pipe, but if you are intent on doing so I would get a bunch of fine screens and put at least 2 screens on the bottom of the bowl and cover with ash (tobacco or marijuana ash, but don't add any actual marijuana because it alters the effect). Then roll half of your 1g opium chunk into a ball and place it over the screen. Then place a screen over the opium. Using a very low flame on the edge of the bowl, try to ignite the edge of the ball. Once ignited the ball will stay lit as long as you keep puffing it. I've done this before and it works well. If the opium is legit it will stay lit. Alternatively, you could use a red hot metal poker and try to ignite it using that, then cover with a screen once its lit.

Smoking opium isn't like smoking heroin, you don't just take one or two hits. You keep on smoking it. The effect is fairly subtle at first. You have to keep smoking hit after hit, and eventually you become high. The high lasts for a while after you stopped smoking. You also have to smoke alot of it, .25g to .5g minimum depending on your tolerance.
Is that raw opium same as the indian raw opium we normally swallow that might try smoking it actually no point I smoke heroin as it is we call afeem
it afeem

This is how my opium looks like btw. It can't be really rolled into a "pill" as it is hard as stone.

I broke off a piece and put 0.15g into a vaporizer half an hour ago.
It feels very different than oral consumption. Very cerebral. Stimulates my fantasy much more than heroin but doesn't sedate much. Maybe it's because of the dosage. It has a dreamy quality. It's very hard to describe in words but I like it more than heroin. I'll definitely smoke it next time through a pipe.

There are a number of a supposed GMO poppies, one being an Izmir Galania variant supposedly modified by the china to mature very quickly. I grew these (they have tan seeds, not blue/black) and while they did mature fast, I was impressed with the opium it yielded. Not especially euphoric. Nor was it especially potent by weight.

Hands down the best poppies I've grown are a Tasmanians high alkaloid variety derived from the seeds of southern british medicinal grade poppy farms. Really nice, crisp and clean high.

These are those plants:

The first time I made tea from those plants I could barely drink due to an intense and overwhelming spiciness and burning sensation in the throat. I had never tasted poppy tea that tasted like that and half expected to become a victim of thebaine poisoning. Turned out to be the best opium I've ever consumed. I pumped the plants full of nitrogen and l-tyrosine, the result was poppy pods were multiple times stronger by weight than any outdoor grown pods I've ever consumed (and I've consumed alot).

The fast growing chinese GMO poppies sucked in comparison. Sedating but not much euphoria. The Tasmanians however had a real zip to them, quite stimulating, a bit oxycodone like.

Interestingly, there was correlation between the "spiciest"/strongest pods and the presence of anthocyanins on the skin, with the brightest ones being the strongest:

Perhaps all that excess nitrogen l-tyrosine led to not only high alkaloid production but also production of these:

You need to do a full write up of all this information some day. You really know more about indoor poppy growing than anyone I’ve ever read before.

-GC

You need to do a full write up of all this information some day. You really know more about indoor poppy growing than anyone I’ve ever read before.

-GC

Yeah I should, I was actually intending on writing a book on the subject given the deficit of information on the subject. Something i could self publish on Amazon or etc. They are also print to order companies who print copies of your book on demand (instead of having to print a bunch and hold onto the inventory). I even took high resolution photos with a DSLR throughout the grows to document the process in detail. But i sort of abandoned the idea.

Last edited:
Yeah I should, I was actually intending on writing a book on the subject given the deficit of information on the subject. Something i could self publish on Amazon or etc. They are also print to order companies who print copies of your book on demand (instead of having to print a bunch and hold onto the inventory). I even took high resolution photos with a DSLR throughout the grows to document the process in detail. But i sort of abandoned the idea.

Well you got one buyer if you ever decide to go through with it. I’d probably buy a couple copies too for loved ones. At the very least a minimal write up on here would do people good!

-GC

Yeah, when I mentioned my idea of publishing a book on the subject to the folks in the drug gardening subreddit (where I was somewhat active during my grow), there was a very strong response; at least 50 people wh commented expressing interest in the book (along with many direct messages as well).

I feel like I would like to do one more Tasmanian grow to test a few theories but I could absolutely author a book right now based on my experiences. Maybe i'll get back on it; I already have an outline and an introduction written. I was also thinking of writing a separate narrative section discussing a bit about the different varieties of poppies themselves, the characteristics of those poppies, as well as some basic phytochemistry of p. soms etc. Would be nice for it to be a standalone book with a little heft to it (rather than just a 40 page grow manual with some pictures and instructions).

The only deficit to my book would be that I know nothing about hydroponic or aeroponic poppy cultivation, all of my grows have been indoor soil grows. That said, most indoor growers will use soil given it's comparative ease (and the ability to fit it into a spare closet). I was able to get these two plants into a 3 foot by 3 foot tent (these are the fast growing GMO poppies):

And this was a mix of afghan whites and giganthemums in the corner of my garage:

But yeah, no good indoor grow book exists. There is a book called "hydroponic heroin" but it is pretty awful.

Last edited:
how much does all that yield and is it just the wax you smoke from cutting the pods?

What kind of NPK ratio do you have running on your soil or is it just a bag of soil from the local gardening store?

IDK if its cost effective to grow poppy plants hydroponically.... that maybe why its not really done

I just vaped another 0.3g Opium and I'm nodding hard my beloved bluelighters. Very hard to keep my eyes open and my hand-eye coordination has become difficult too. This is so different than oral use (which sedates only without the interesting spectrum of cerebral effects). I feel a bit cheesy right now for some reason hihi. Now with the higher dose it has definitely become very sedating. I have lost control over my eye movemens too (they are kinda darting around. I think opioid users know what I mean). I'll shut down my laptop now, light a few candles, go into my bed and enjoy my lovey-dovey daydreams. Opium is really interesting...I feel heavy but also very light. Must be the interesting interaction between all the alkaloids that create this unique effect. I feel very sensual without feeling sexual.

Anyway, good night my beloved bluelighters. I love you all and wish you a peaceful day/night werever you are. No matter if you are a pothead, a cokefiend, opidopi artishoki like me, psychotic methhead or a crackwhore...we are all family. One day we have to meet up at my favorite vacation spot: Santa Monica (ooooh the childhood memories of me and my parents at the beach eating ice cream in the 90s with hot dogs from that incredible food stand and so many friendly people all around us - so very difrent than here in bleak Germany - haven't been there since 15 years and I hope not much has changed) and have a nice beach party together. We really ought to organize a bluelight meetup one day.
Wanna meet and hug all you guys from @DeathIndustrial88 (the gloomy doomy guy) to @negrogesic (is he really a talking doggo?) to @Nas47 (slav squat lol) to @Electrum1 (kick Justin "Castro" Trudeau's ass for me please) to @Nurse Ratched (the good spirit of the house) to @arrall (all hail the admin *propagandistic music starts to play*) and @xtcgrrrl (I disagree with some posts but you are cool and intelligent...and responsible) and some other people here whose names I have forgotten. On a more serious note: this community is what has kept me sane since I registered here in 2022. Not the drugs, but you guys. You really seem like genuinely nice, helpful and intelligent people. This is a wonderful forum that doesn't suffer from toxicity and has some of the most mature moderators that truly allow free speech. Please keep it that way. C'mon, group hug y'all :group hug:

God, this comment has taken me almost a whole hour to write due to my heavy sedation. I'm passing out every minute or so. Good night from Germany.

Yeah, when I mentioned my idea of publishing a book on the subject to the folks in the drug gardening subreddit (where I was somewhat active during my grow); there was a very strong response, with a least 50 people who commented expressing interest in the book (along with many direct messages as well).

I feel like I would like to do one more Tasmanian grow to test a few theories but I could absolutely author a book right now based on my experiences. Maybe i'll get back on it, I already have an outline and an introduction written. I was also thinking of writing a separate narrative section discussing a bit about the varieties of poppies themselves, the characteristics of those poppies, as well as some basic phytochemistry of p. soms etc. Would be nice for it to be a standalone book with a little heft to it (rather than just a 40 page grow manual with pictures and instructions).

The only deficit to my book would be that I know nothing about hydroponic or aeroponic poppy cultivation, all of my grows have been indoor soil grows. That said, most indoor growers will use soil given it's comparative ease (and the ability to fit it into a spare closet). I was able to get these two plants into a just a 3 foot by 3 foot tent (these are the fast growing GMO poppies):

And this was a mix of afghan whites and giganthemums in the corner of my garage:

But yeah, no good indoor grow book exists. There is a book called "hydroponic heroin" but it is pretty awful.
Damn... Being able to have that kind of setup at home and make some of my own drugs has always been my "pipe dream".

And yeah definitely consider writing that book!

I just vaped another 0.3g Opium and I'm nodding hard my beloved bluelighters. Very hard to keep my eyes open and my hand-eye coordination has become difficult too. This is so different than oral use (which sedates only without the interesting spectrum of cerebral effects). I feel a bit cheesy right now for some reason hihi. Now with the higher dose it has definitely become very sedating. I have lost control over my eye movemens too (they are kinda darting around. I think opioid users know what I mean). I'll shut down my laptop now, light a few candles, go into my bed and enjoy my lovey-dovey daydreams. Opium is really interesting...I feel heavy but also very light. Must be the interesting interaction between all the alkaloids that create this unique effect. I feel very sensual without feeling sexual.

Anyway, good night my beloved bluelighters. I love you all and wish you a peaceful day/night werever you are. No matter if you are a pothead, a cokefiend, opidopi artishoki like me, psychotic methhead or a crackwhore...we are all family. One day we have to meet up at my favorite vacation spot: Santa Monica (ooooh the childhood memories of me and my parents at the beach eating ice cream in the 90s with hot dogs from that incredible food stand and so many friendly people all around us - so very difrent than here in bleak Germany - haven't been there since 15 years and I hope not much has changed) and have a nice beach party together. We really ought to organize a bluelight meetup one day.
Wanna meet and hug all you guys from @DeathIndustrial88 (the gloomy doomy guy) to @negrogesic (is he really a talking doggo?) to @Nas47 (slav squat lol) to @Electrum1 (kick Justin "Castro" Trudeau's ass for me please) to @Nurse Ratched (the good spirit of the house) to @arrall (all hail the admin *propagandistic music starts to play*) and @xtcgrrrl (I disagree with some posts but you are cool and intelligent...and responsible) and some other people here whose names I have forgotten. On a more serious note: this community is what has kept me sane since I registered here in 2022. Not the drugs, but you guys. You really seem like genuinely nice, helpful and intelligent people. This is a wonderful forum that doesn't suffer from toxicity and has some of the most mature moderators that truly allow free speech. Please keep it that way. C'mon, group hug y'all :group hug:

God, this comment has taken me almost a whole hour to write due to my heavy sedation. I'm passing out every minute or so. Good night from Germany.
Enjoy the ride friend!!
Been a long time since I've had any genuine opiate/opioid experiences other than Shitboxone.

Raw opium can be smoked as is.

Refined cooked opium, known as chandu, is made by dissolving raw opium in hot water then filtering through cloth and then evaporating the water.

I strongly recommend against attempting to cook or refine opium if you only have a gram of it. You'll end up losing/wasting alot of it in the process. And again, raw opium can be smoked.

I would also recommend against using that pipe, but if you are intent on doing so I would get a bunch of fine screens and put at least 2 screens on the bottom of the bowl and cover with ash (tobacco or marijuana ash, but don't add any actual marijuana because it alters the effect). Then roll half of your 1g opium chunk into a ball and place it over the screen. Then place a screen over the opium. Using a very low flame on the edge of the bowl, try to ignite the edge of the ball. Once ignited the ball will stay lit as long as you keep puffing it. I've done this before and it works well. If the opium is legit it will stay lit. Alternatively, you could use a red hot metal poker and try to ignite it using that, then cover with a screen once its lit.

Smoking opium isn't like smoking heroin, you don't just take one or two hits. You keep on smoking it. The effect is fairly subtle at first. You have to keep smoking hit after hit, and eventually you become high. The high lasts for a while after you stopped smoking. You also have to smoke alot of it, .25g to .5g minimum depending on your tolerance.

How do you smoke raw opium?
I tried running in foil and it just sizzled like burning H and wouldn’t run.
How much you get the most bang for your buck making chandu?

Would it be worth the risk with a tolerance from methadone cause orally I need about 1.5g morphine to get high.

Nah there is no way I'm gonna use GMO seeds. God knows how it changes your genome in the long term. Is it even worth growing poppies in a grow box? If yes, then I might try the persian white poppy seeds. They are supposed to be very potent. Until then though I'll try smoking the opium latex bought from DN dealers.
Btw, I have decided not to use the pipe I bought to smoke it. It's too precious and I don't wanna damage anything. I'll put it into my glas vitrine for decoration purposes only. How about using those:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KTYAAOSwHkdjTJEF/s-l500.jpg (looks like a methhead built it lol)

I like the last one. Could I just put my Opium in it, use a cigarette lighter and keep inhaling? It should work theoretically. With the ones made out of iron I could simply burn a tealight and hold the pipe over it.

Before I experiment with any of those I'm gonna try to put a bit of my Opium into my Smono Vaporizer just to see how it feels to smoke Opium. Maybe somewhere between 180 Celsius and 200? I'll report in a few hours.

Where are you getting this info that GMO’s would affect your genome?
It’s absolutely not true, even if you were eating the whole plant and not just the isolated alkaloids.

how much does all that yield and is it just the wax you smoke from cutting the pods?

What kind of NPK ratio do you have running on your soil or is it just a bag of soil from the local gardening store?

IDK if its cost effective to grow poppy plants hydroponically.... that maybe why its not really done

The soil is a mixture of regular potting soil and perlite (alot of perlite, the roots need to breath). Bottom of pots are layer of rocks and perlite. Soil must be well draining. Nutrients are added in the water. I fed them heavily, more than what most people recommend, and as you can see, I got alot of pods per plant.

Yeild can range from 100 to 200g of dried pods per grow tent. With the high alkaloid Tasmanians pumped full of organic fertilizer, l-tyrosine and nitrogen (I used dried pigs blood, so my pods were non-kosher 🤔), that 100g to 200g of dried pods is a good 2-4 grams of morphine. Maybe more. Those Tasmanians pods I grew were multiple times more potent by weight than any pods I've ever had in my life (I've gone through well over 100 pounds of dried pods bought online, all of which were outdoor grown). The first batch of tea I tried from pods used only 6g of pods, and I got high as hell. Felt like 20g of the outdoor grown pods I've had in the past.

But growing them inside isn't a cost/time effective practice. While you could probably get the cost down by growing many cohorts over time (thus cost averaging the cost of the equipment), it is still a time consuming process -- mixing the food, babying the plants, germinating the seeds, adjusting the lights, keeping the plants cool and happy etc. But it was alot of fun, a very mesmerizing and enjoyable experience. If I had an active opioid addiction to something then i probably would grow them all the time, but I don't. I get nasty rebounds from using opioids and last thing i need are grams of morphine.

How do you smoke raw opium?
I tried running in foil and it just sizzled like burning H and wouldn’t run.
How much you get the most bang for your buck making chandu?

Would it be worth the risk with a tolerance from methadone cause orally I need about 1.5g morphine to get high.

Nah there is no way I'm gonna use GMO seeds. God knows how it changes your genome in the long term. Is it even worth growing poppies in a grow box? If yes, then I might try the persian white poppy seeds. They are supposed to be very potent. Until then though I'll try smoking the opium latex bought from DN dealers.

It’s absolutely not true, even if you were eating the whole plant and not just the isolated alkaloids.

I smoked it out of an oil burner. But it feels very wasteful since eating it gives a great high that lasts longer and is more "full bodied'.

I gave a chunk of my homegrown opium to my girlfriend for menstrual cramps when she was on her period and she got high as hell for a day and half. I have given her opioids (hydrocodone, kratom and tianeptine) in the past and she never really seemed to enjoy them much. But she really liked the opium, so much so that she asked about it again (despite her getting so high that she threw up multiple times). So of course i never gave her opium ever again...🤣

Last edited:

Awwww we love you too! This community IS awesome, I agree. And it’s one of the freest places on the internet, and we want to keep it that way while also making it welcoming to all types of people…anyway, enjoy your opium, I’m sooo jealous!! :cheers::need drugs:

There is a strong link between GMO consumption and carcinogenesis (cancer cells can be triggered by changes in the DNA, but also radiation damage and other factors that are too numerous to count here), teratogenesis (birth defects due to damage to the DNA of the parents), organ abnormalities, decrease in intelligence and other things. Here is an interesting study: https://enveurope.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s12302-021-00578-9
And even if GMOs wouldn't alter your DNA, these genetically engineered products just aren't good for your health. Organic food consumers have less chronic illnesses than GMO consumers. I mean these products are approved by the same government agencies that tell us how microwaving food is totally fine and totally does not destroy the enzymes in the food, thereby rendering the food without nutritional value lol.

There is a strong link between GMO consumption and carcinogenesis (cancer cells can be triggered by changes in the DNA, but also radiation damage and other factors that are too numerous to count here), teratogenesis (birth defects due to damage to the DNA of the parents), organ abnormalities, decrease in intelligence and other things. Here is an interesting study: https://enveurope.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s12302-021-00578-9
And even if GMOs wouldn't alter your DNA, these genetically engineered products just aren't good for your health. Organic food consumers have less chronic illnesses than GMO consumers. I mean these products are approved by the same government agencies that tell us how microwaving food is totally fine and totally does not destroy the enzymes in the food, thereby rendering the food without nutritional value lol.

I’m proud to say I’ve pretty much nearly given up microwaving. Ever since cancer I’ve done everything with toaster oven or stove/oven except maybe like 10-15times in the last 2yrs when I was too sick to wait. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s good to slow down our pace of life a bit too. There’s no reason someone shouldn’t have 5-20min to use a toaster oven to re/heat something, and if you don’t I implore whoever reading to maybe recheck your priorities.

I go organic often as I can, especially foods I know are often GMO. Like the more common fruits and vegetables I just assume.

-GC

Good news everyone: I have found an illustrated book that actually teaches how to properly grow Poppies including extracting Opium and even how to make old school Laudanum! The title of the book is "Opium For The Masses: A Practical Guide to Growing Poppies and Making Opium" by Jim Hogshire (1994).
It's packed with theoretical as well as practical/experiential knowledge. I have read the first 36 pages and I really like the book so far. The book is out of print, so I'm sharing it here: https://smallpdf.com/result#r=cfee9e8212e78b796bc84abe05d719cb&t=share-document

For those who like a physical copy, you can buy it on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+to+Growing+Poppies+and+Making+Opium&_sacat=0

Not a bad book but same as “Hydroponic heroin” (that someone mentioned in other thread) it has amount of incorrect information. It’s been a long time since I read those to name specifics but most of disinformation will be obvious to most bluelighters so I don’t mean to discourage anyone from reading it but keep in mind that if your aim is to learn best practices concerning poppies and opiates you’re likely find more correct and refined information on some online sources, like on forums dealing with given topic.