• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines One shot HPBCD DMT Ayahuasca, masks taste & increases absorption many factors

Updated for 1-1-2022, see post #1, includes everthing and all pics.

Interesting. I ordered some anabolics somewhat recently, and the injectable Oxymetholone is dissolved into HPBCD which is in a carrier oil with a little bit of benzyl alcohol. I decided to read up on it, because pharmacological solvents can always come in handy. This is a fascinating read and I have just about all the ingredients for it just laying around the house, I'll have to make a few batches alongside some Changa for 2022

Working_class said:
Interesting. I ordered some anabolics somewhat recently, and the injectable Oxymetholone is dissolved into HPBCD which is in a carrier oil with a little bit of benzyl alcohol. I decided to read up on it, because pharmacological solvents can always come in handy. This is a fascinating read and I have just about all the ingredients for it just laying around the house, I'll have to make a few batches alongside some Changa for 2022
Great idea working_class, and thanks for comments.

In closing, post #1 has complete instructions and pictures all updated for 1-1-2022 on sublingual HPBCD DMT & summary of over 44 sublingual experiences in a year's time, these experiences all much stronger than oral DMT by many factors. Zero nausea, zero dizziness, zero anxiety or un-easy feelings, deep head space, highly visual, strong open eyed and CEV's of spinning & dancing geometrics & real Ayahuasca visions, incredible music enhancement, way over the top open eyed beauty, neon colorful & highly euphoric, see trip reports bottom of post #1...will continue to use for the rest of my life, highly recommend: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96861

From post #1:

My procedure:
1) place 60mg of DMT onto a spoon
2) add 1:1 molar ratio of host drug to HPBCD powder, this means 1:7 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD, use a 1:8 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
3) this means 60mg dmt placed on spoon, then add 420mg of HPBCD on top DMT, use 480mg HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
4) add 10 drops of very hot near boiling water to the mix from a nearby microwaved coffee mug for DMT doses of 90mg or below, use 12 drops of boiling hot water to mix DMT doses over 90mg (such as 100 to 120mg). 60mg DMT = +3 Shulgin level strength, 90 to 120mg = +5 Shulgin level life changing strength.
5) Knead or crush the HPBCD powder into the dmt using the end of a spoon for 2 minutes, scrape & mix everything back and forth hard using your muscles. This is how scientist pre-pare these complexes by kneading.
6) Hold a lighter under the spoon to heat up spoon for around 20 seconds or so, until the solution just starts to boil, then pull flame away, so that complete dissolution or dissolving takes place, after heating up, mix the contents a little bit more before using, see pics.
7) Take 150 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine orally around 45 minutes before. Place 35mg of freebase harmine under your tongue. Then place bottom of your tongue onto HPBCD complexed DMT spoon, the HPBCD DMT glob will all adhere as HPBCD powder forms sticky complexes. Be sure to take the 35mg harmine and HPBCD DMT under tongue all at the exact same time in order to activate the DMT strongly.

Hold under tongue for 10 to 12 or 15 minutes depending on dosage, press down with bottom of tongue the whole time to trap sticky liquid complex in the sublingual mucosa. Be sure to use bottom end of tongue to lick any off spoon that is left behind, you want to get it all.

At end of 15 minutes, spit out any saliva into a cup instead of swallowing. Gently relieve any saliva during the 15 minute period as comfort dictates by leaning your head forward and spitting into a cup, but keep your tongue pressed down any time you relieve saliva. There is a mild to moderate sting felt but it's so worth enduring for the effects in 22 minutes. The sting does not bother me at all. The tongue is completely fine afterwards (no burn), and it's as if nothing happened the next day.

Attached 1: Sublingual Mucosa as a route for systemic drug delivery by Narang, Sharma, 2010.

Attached 2: Thermodynamic properties of hydroxypropyl‑β‑cyclodextrin/guest interaction: a survey of recent studies by D'Aria, Pagano, Giancola, 2021.

Pic 1: 300mg pure THH for oral use in weigher, 35mg harmine fb for sublingual use next to it, 60mg dmt fb in spoon, 420mg HPBCD white powder above it, coffee mug of near boiling hot water, medicine dropper pipette, Bic lighter.

Pic 2: 60mg DMT was covered with x 7 or 420mg HPBCD powder and 10 drops of near boiling hot water from a nearby coffee mug was added, and all mashed and stirred well for 2 minutes, then Bic lighter held under spoon until the solution just started to boil (20 seconds or so), then pull flame away, notice how well the DMT complexed inside the HPBCD. Mix a few more seconds before using.

Take 150 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine 45 minutes earlier orally, place 35mg harmine under tongue, then place tongue on to HPBCD complexed DMT spoon, it will all adhere for sublingual use. Journey starts in 22 minutes after application and lasts x 90 minutes, at which time you can re-dose x 2 more times, each dose just as strong as 1st dose for a 4.5 hour long strong journey with super-long afterglow. Instructions, 5 hour CEV trip report and 9 pics here on post #1.

sublingual HPBCD complexed DMT pics.PNG

From "Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017:, under "Kinetics":
Cyclodextrins at high doses can increase drug permeability by direct action on mucosal membranes
and enhance drug absorption and/or bioavailability. These effects are possibly caused by solubilisation of membrane lipids through inclusion complexation with cyclodextrins and the ability of cyclodextrins to cause perturbation of membrane integrity. However, unlike detergents, cyclodextrins solubilize membrane components without entering into the membrane, therefore the perturbing effects of cyclodextrins are mild and reversible [7].Cyclodextrins are absorbed poorly via mucosal membranes.
HPBCD enhances the drug permeability of guest complexed drug, but the cyclodextrins themselves are poorly absorbed via the sublingual mucosa.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017: page 5 of 16 under "Oral products, Kinetics":
The oral bioavailability of cyclodextrins is very low in adult animals and humans (0.1–3 percent except for RM-β-CD, which has a bioavailability of 12% in rats. Because of their bulky and hydrophilic nature only insignificant amounts of cyclodextrins are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract by passive diffusion [33, 27].
This pharmacology has been used to potentiate these freebase drugs ORALLY as well -- in my experience, this results in an Ayahuasca experience that is strong in potency. Example: HPBCD improves oral absorption profile for Ofloxacin, a second generation fluroquinolones by 54 to 89 percent.

I've used HPBCD complexed DMT orally three times stirred into a 1oz hot water tea (it dissolves instantly) with 150 to 300mg THH + 160 to 200mg harmine with a bit of citric acid to help the harmalas dissolve, and it's also way more potent than normal DMT freebase or salts used orally, very reminiscent of my over 70 Hawaiian psychotria brewed leaf teas, very strong & all encompassing. Trip report on page 2, post #25.

But I vastly prefer the oral 150 to 300mg THH + sublingual Ayahuasca (35mg sublingual harmine fb + 60 to 100mg sublingual HPBCD DMT all taken at exact same time under tongue), many times stronger than oral DMT, and zero dizziness or un-easy feelings for me due to only 35mg harmine being used. Highly recommend for sensitive individuals like myself. Very strong & feels great all evening like mescaline, heavenly.

Last edited:
For storage, I remove the plunger from a 3ml syringe (100 in a box for dirt cheap on-line) and backfill or pour the contents of the HPBCD complexed DMT spoon down the syringe for storage in a freezer long-term, to defrost, pull plunger out of syringe again (so pressure does not build up) and place syringe in a mug of hot water, contents will flow easily again. Shoot contents under tongue when cools down. Syringe tips lock onto the end of the syringe to prevent spillage or loss of contents. This is how I prepare the 2 additional doses for use at each 1.5 hour point for the evening and store at room temp. I like to trip strongly for 4.5 hours, so 3 doses total...but the afterglow continues way beyond this.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017: Page 11 of 16:
According to the data in section 2 one can conclude that below 20 mg/kg/day no serious adverse effects are to be expected for all routes of administration and no statement is deemed necessary.

Above 20 mg/kg/day, cyclodextrins may show some activity, and because there are insufficient safety data in children below two years old, it is advisable to inform about the quantity of cyclodextrin in the product and that for use in children below two years old, a doctor’s recommendation is needed.

Above 200 mg/kg/day cyclodextrins may theoretically cause problems in the digestive system when given orally, and cause mild renal toxicity when given parenteral, which information can be given. Depending on the amount, cyclodextrins may influence the Cyclodextrins used as excipients permeability of tissues and therefore the bioavailability of active substances given topically (nasal, rectal, dermal, ocular).

This is exactly the way I use the HPBCD sublingually, when I complex 90mg DMT to (x7) or 630mg of HPBCD, and I re-dose two more times every 1.5 hour, I am using 1890mg of HPBCD for the evening. I weigh 95kg, so I am using less than 20mg/kg/day or less than 1900mg per day. This always gives me a 4.5 hour long +5 Shulgin level strength experience with super-long afterglow. Very similar to 600mg of mescaline.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read lots of questions concerning tetrahydroharmine or THH, so will add this in closing:

As a long time chemist, have years of experience with home-made pure THH, it does not convert back to harmaline, and I've had THH remain 100% stable for many years in a closet, that still glowed pale blue under blacklight, and worked just as well as the day it was made.

See beginning of this thread for how to make it yourself with pictures in 1.5 hour using harmaline which you can often find on-line if don't want to start from scratch. All you need is a cheap stir mantel from *mazon, vinegar, 10% janitorial ammonia from hardware store, zinc dust, cotton ball in a funnel. I always encourage everyone to learn chemistry.

The liftmode THH paperwork indicates it is made in China, if it truly is over 99% pure, then by all means it should only glow pale blue. Any green in the glow means it has un-converted harmaline, how much is anyone's guess. Harmaline is sedating and causes nausea and dizziness at high doses.

pic 1: 300mg of pure THH for oral use taken 45 minutes before, not shown: 35mg of freebase harmine for sublingual use taken at exact same time under tongue as the 0.5ml (10 drop) 90mg DMT complexed to 630mg HPBCD stored in a 3ml syringe if desired.

Pic 2: Pure tetrahydroharmine glows pale blue under blacklight like LSD or psilocin, harmaline reduces to tetrahydroharmine by gaining a hydrogen atom. Tetrahydroharmine is in the same beta-carboline family as ibogaine, remarkable way beyond 4k monochrome (blue or green for me) closed eye teaching visions at 300mg for hours. No sedation, pleasant stimulation. Adding even small amounts of sublingual or oral HPBCD DMT adds color to the visions.

3ml HPBCD dmt syringe to store.PNG

THH.PNG

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In closing, complete TEK & summary of over a year of Ayahuasca experiences, 44 sublingual (counts 2 re-doses every 1.5 hour for 4.5 hour total strong journey) & 3 oral.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Physics envy said:
I tried the sublingual 2HPBCD / DMT combination last night (60mg n,n + 480mg 2HPBCD), along with 175mg oral Liftmode brand 'THH' and 25mg sublingual harmine. (I'm 150lbs, so I dropped the harmine dosage from Ava's recommended 35mg.)

I was very sensitive to the burn - it was almost intolerable and I will not be retrying this ROA. And it is still annoying the next day under my tongue.

I did it twice last night as the first time it did not work as I probably did not complex the mixture properly and also did not get the mixture off the spoon very well. So after an hour, I mixed a second batch, using the same amounts of 2HPBCD, dmt, and harmine. (I did not mix the harmine in, just placed it under my tongue for a minute before inserting the complexed mixture.)

The second batch of dmt DID work Very happy After about 10 minutes it started to come on, and it quickly became very strong with a few-minute rush, similar to a decent vaped dose.

However, it wore off about 10-15 minutes after it started.

I did not notice anything extra from the alleged THH. And I did not notice any lengthening of the experience from either the harmine nor the THH.

Before giving up on this liftmode THH, I'll try it again and up the dose to closer to 300mg in hopes that there is at least *some* THH in there. And I will use the oral method of complexing the dmt then melting it into hot water to drink along with the THH and maybe ~170mg harmine. Alternatively, I may try complexing the harmine and using it sublingually, upping the dose to 35mg.

Thanks for your report Physics envy. Congrats on getting it to work for 10 to 15 minutes. Up your harmine dose. Mine always lasts 90 minutes with very strong activity, this could be to me using 300mg home-made pure THH orally, as it does a fine job of preventing the inactivation of the DMT by MAO localized in the mitchondria of the cells of the brain.

I also use 35mg sublingual harmine fb (for my weight of 95kg) at exact same time under tongue as the sublingual HPBCD DMT, same power as x6 or 210mg oral harmine, both together give 90 minutes of +5 Shulgin level strength with 90mg of DMT, re-dosing 2 more times every 1.5 hour, 4.5 hour journey: very similar to 600mg mescaline.

But 60mg of DMT is plenty for a +3 Shulgin level strength trip with 2 re-doses every 1.5 hour, see the 5 hour CEV brightly colored Ayahuasca visions trip report below. Most meaningful teaching & intense visionary experience of my life, and I've taken Ayahuasca over 70 times, high dose cactus tea over 200 times, and acid nearly as much.

How this works: the Hydroxy propyl beta cyclodextrin molecule (HPBCD) has an inner hydrophobic cavity (repels water) which attracts & traps freebase molecules like DMT freebase inside it's tornado shaped cone. The outer cavity is hydrophilic (likes water) and thus makes the DMT molecule water-soluble.

HPBCD, being a potent polysaccharide derived from the enzymatic degradation of starch, improves the penetration of the DMT freebase many factors over (studies show x 4 factors or 400 percent into the sublingual mucosa under the tongue. HPBCD then releases the DMT as the potent freebase into the bloodstream once it crosses the sublingual mucosa, these reasons explain its potency.

Keep in mind using DMT salts sublingually does not work, and there is no penetration enhancement unless HPBCD is used to complex DMT in the freebase form only. The cyclodextrins have toroidal shapes, with the larger and the smaller openings of the toroid exposing to the solvent secondary and primary hydroxyl groups respectively.

You can order HPBCD from China no matter where you live as it is legal, and if you google "Europe + HPBCD" there are a couple places that sell it as well. It is very common in the USA from *mazon or auction sites.

Complete instructions and pictures all updated for sublingual HPBCD DMT & summary of over 44 sublingual experiences in a year's time, these experiences all much stronger than oral DMT by many factors. Zero nausea, zero dizziness, zero anxiety or un-easy feelings, deep head space, highly visual, strong open eyed and CEV's of spinning & dancing geometrics & real Ayahuasca visions, incredible music enhancement, way over the top open eyed beauty, neon colorful & highly euphoric, see trip reports below...will continue to use for the rest of my life, highly recommend.

My procedure:
1) place 60mg of DMT onto a spoon
2) add 1:1 molar ratio of host drug to HPBCD powder, this means 1:7 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD, use a 1:8 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
3) this means 60mg dmt placed on spoon, then add 420mg of HPBCD on top DMT, use 480mg HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
4) add 10 drops of very hot near boiling water to the mix from a nearby microwaved coffee mug for DMT doses of 90mg or below, use 12 drops of boiling hot water to mix DMT doses over 90mg (such as 100 to 120mg). 60mg DMT = +3 Shulgin level strength, 90 to 120mg = +5 Shulgin level life changing strength.
5) Knead or crush the HPBCD powder into the dmt using the end of a spoon for 2 minutes, scrape & mix everything back and forth hard using your muscles. This is how scientist pre-pare these complexes by kneading.
6) Hold a lighter under the spoon to heat up spoon for around 20 seconds or so, until the solution just starts to bubble on the edges, then pull flame away, so that complete dissolution or dissolving takes place, after heating up, mix the contents a little bit more before using, see pics.
7) Take 150 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine orally around 45 minutes before. Place 35mg of freebase harmine under your tongue. Then place bottom of your tongue onto HPBCD complexed DMT spoon, the HPBCD DMT glob will all adhere as HPBCD powder forms sticky complexes. Be sure to take the 35mg harmine and HPBCD DMT under tongue all at the exact same time in order to activate the DMT strongly.

Hold under tongue for 10 to 12 or 15 minutes depending on dosage, press down with bottom of tongue the whole time to trap sticky liquid complex in the sublingual mucosa. Be sure to use bottom end of tongue to lick any off spoon that is left behind, you want to get it all.

At end of 15 minutes, spit out any saliva into a cup instead of swallowing. Gently relieve any saliva during the 15 minute period as comfort dictates by leaning your head forward and spitting into a cup, but keep your tongue pressed down any time you relieve saliva. There is a mild to moderate sting felt but it's so worth enduring for the effects which begin in 22 minutes. The sting does not bother me at all. The tongue is completely fine afterwards (no burn), and it's as if nothing happened the next day.

The combination of THH + DMT simulates true Ayahuasca, but there is zero nausea, zero dizziness, zero queasiness since there is no harmine or DMT going thru stomach and intestines. 22 minutes in there are heavy CEV's of spinning colored geometrics, visions of ancient architecture, animals, aliens, you name it, She seems to tap into the Akashic record of the ether in the Universe, where all past, present, and future is known. Open eyed profound beauty, music sounds incredible, extremely pleasurable experience, high spiritual euphoria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st journey: 300mg oral THH once + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT combined with sublingual 35mg harmine fb at exact same time under tongue with re-dose every 1.5 hour
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my very first 300mg oral tetrahydroharmine or THH + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT combined with 35mg sublingual harmine fb trip with 2 sublingual re-doses at each 1.5 hour mark (had not used DMT in several months)....all the way till 5am in the morning I was seeing closed eye visions of slow and high speed movies...I saw brightly colored serpents, dungeons I traveled thru, many Mesoamerican pyramids, women of incredible beauty, Japanese landscapes, dancing geometrics, many different animals on a rotating globe, walking on the planet-like globe as it spun, hundreds of visions like slow and high-speed movies over the course of many hours.

I wore headphones and listened to music the whole time, as the music sounded just like if I had taken a very strong cactus tea.

I saw the interiors of many magnificent homes, exposed like a camera flash went off, then off to the next home interior, bizarre alien looking creatures, I saw ancient ruins but they were seen as they were before they fell apart. All sorts of architectural wonders appeared that I could not make out exactly what time period they were from.

All the visions were enchanting & manifested incredible beauty. The multi-colored beautiful serpents kept appearing several times in different forms, as if they have some prominence to do with it all, two of them had shining skin covered in gold scales and intertwined like DNA, reminds me of the Aztec quetzalcoatl myth, the "serpent of precious feathers."

...all of these visions were brightly colored due to the sublingual DMT/harmine and oral THH combo all night long..it was one of the most powerful psychedelic experiences of my life...and I've taken Ayahuasca x 70 times, cactus 200 times, etc...I have never had over 5 hours of non-stop CEV visions anything close to what I saw that first night.

The visions inspired me to buy a book on the Aztec myth of "Quetzalcoatl, the serpent of precious feathers", as I feel somehow this entity is a "teacher to mankind". I saw the brightly colored serpents many times in the 5 hours of visions, and now I understand why they are so commonly reported in Ayahuasca journeys.

They seem to possess divine knowledge that humans were not supposed to have been privileged to, but the serpents gifted this knowledge to humankind.

Recently found a 1.5 hour video on Amazon prime entitled "Ancient Alien Origins" which is all about this ancient alien flying serpent or dragon entity which is found in all religions of the world & "BAM, Builders of the Ancient Mysteries".

Return of the Serpent & of Eden:

hxxps://earthmedicine2015.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/return-of-the-serpent-of-eden/

https://en.wikipedia...i/Mind_at_Large

Have no problem tolerating the sting, but many others like yourself may not, therefore I recommend like you mentioned trying the HPBCD DMT orally, just stir the spoon full of it into 1oz of microwaved hot water, it dissolves right away, transparent colored water...

...and the HPBCD will mask the taste of the nasty DMT, due to the outer coating of HPBCD having a sugary taste as it is derived from the enzymatic degradation of starch, a carbohydrate. When you drink the hot tea with your harmalas, it is pleasant and goes down easy for zero nausea Ayahuasca. I recommend taking the HPBCD DMT tea with your harmalas dissolved into it (if harmalas in freebase form, add a bit of citric acid to help them dissolve into the water) at the exact same time, just as the Shaman's prepare it for strongest activation and journey.

Or just take capsules of the harmalas (160 to 200mg harmine + 150 to 300mg THH) at the exact same time you drink the HPBCD DMT oral tea. This way you can avoid the taste of the harmalas, and the freebase harmalas will dissolve fine once they reach stomach acid.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017: page 4 & 5 of 16 under "Oral products, Kinetics":
Cyclodextrins can be used to reduce or prevent gastrointestinal and ocular irritation, reduce or eliminate unpleasant smells or tastes.

The oral bioavailability of cyclodextrins is very low in adult animals and humans (0.1–3 percent except for RM-β-CD, which has a bioavailability of 12% in rats. Because of their bulky and hydrophilic nature only insignificant amounts of cyclodextrins are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract by passive diffusion [33, 27].

This pharmacology has been used to potentiate these freebase drugs ORALLY as well -- in my experience, this results in an Ayahuasca experience that is strong in potency. Example: HPBCD improves oral absorption profile for Ofloxacin, a second generation fluroquinolones by 54 to 89 percent.

HPBCD makes the DMT freebase water & increases drug penetration x 4 factors or 400% into oral intestinal tissues or the sublingual mucosa. HPBCD also does a fine job of helping to mask the taste of the DMT when used orally.

I've used HPBCD complexed DMT orally three times stirred into a 1oz hot water tea (it dissolves instantly) with 150 to 300mg THH + 160 to 200mg harmine with a bit of citric acid to help the harmalas dissolve, and it's also way more potent than normal DMT freebase or salts used orally, very reminiscent of my over 70 Hawaiian psychotria brewed leaf teas, very strong & all encompassing. Trip report below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80mg DMT complexed to 560mg HPBCD oral Ayahuasca report, +5 Shulgin scale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The experiment was a success...I took the 80mg freebase DMT complexed to (x7) or 560mg of HPBCD (use x8 or 640mg if using the more common 2-HPBCD to keep at a 1:1 molar ratio) all kneaded/crushed using end of another spoon, use your muscles, scrape & crush it back and forth well...all mixed on a spoon for 2 minutes with 0.5 milliliter (10 drops) of VERY HOT near boiling water from a nearby coffee mug.

1300 g/mol HPBCD to 188 g/mol DMT freebase = 1:1 molar ratio
1500 g/mol 2-HPBCD to 188 g/mol DMT freebase = 1:1 molar ratio

Both work exactly the same.

What I do is heat up a bit of water in a coffee cup in microwave & draw up drops of it using pipette. I read using hot water speeds & aids the mixing of the HPBCD to host drug. Then heat bottom of spoon up for around 20 seconds with a bic lighter, just until the edges of the liquid on the spoon begin to bubble, then pull flame away, mix solution a few more seconds, this ensures complete dissolution.

I added the 0.5ml spoon full HPBCD DMT solution to 1oz of 120 degree hot water...this then immediately turned into 100% transparent water when it hit the hot liquid in the pyrex cup...This was stored in fridge until use...then when I was ready, the 1oz clear transparent liquid HPBCD DMT water solution, once re-heated up in pyrex pot on stove, to this was then added 200mg harmine + 250mg THH and also 150mg of pure ascorbic acid (vit C) to help dissolve the freebase harmine + thh.

Or you can just take pre-made capsules of your harmalas at the exact same time you drink the 1oz HPBCD DMT hot water tea to avoid the taste of the harmine and THH.

I gulped it down in one shot...there was virtually no taste! I think the HPBCD completely masked the taste of the nasty DMT...I was shocked...took it all together at same time at 3:30, I'm writing this 3 hours later.

It came on exactly like 30 grams of hawaiian psychotria! there was no difference between this and the leaf brew, again I was shocked...it gripped me powerfully, heavy tryptamine buzz and high frequency. The THH already imparts a body frequency buzz + DMT tryptamine buzz = amazing amplified body frequency.

A vibrating neon colored fortress like a magnetic field surrounded me in the room, it shined off of every object similar to a UV blacklight glow...this neon visual vibration appeared all around me, given off by everything around me. The vibrational frequency field reminded me of the tractor beam in Star Trek when they would transport. I've experienced this same phenomena with past journeys involving 30 to 35 grams of potent Hawaiian psychotria...but never with plain freebase DMT or DMT salts before, only again with this HPBCD DMT.

I had to remain in one spot sitting as it was so strong for 1 hour straight, the walls in the room filled with 3-D ish like honeycomb orange & brown geometrics that appeared to bulge slightly off the surface, like the inside of a bee hive, neon colors were abundant, heavy tracers...the beauty all around me was infinite, beautiful CEV's (spinning and dancing or constantly morphing geometrics) and OEV...I was amazed to say the least.

In conclusion, I am impressed with this route of administration via sublingual or oral.

During the oral Ayahuasca journey (200mg harmine + 250mg THH + 80mg DMT complexed to 560mg HPBCD) for the first hour, all objects glowed or shined as if in caught in a neon colored magnetic transporter beam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 reasons pure THH or tetrahydroharmine rocks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Post #13 of this paper: shows how to convert harmaline to pure THH in 1.5 hour for the first time (very fast) with 75% yield. TIHKAL THH entry also achieved 75% yield. Post also shows how to check the blue glow under blacklight to make sure it is pure. Any green in the glow means you still have un-converted harmaline, but follow instructions and you won't have any unconverted.

1. Dennis Mckenna Ph.D: page 115:
Thus, tetrahydroharmine may prolong the half-life of DMT by blocking it's intraneuronal uptake, and hence, its inactivation by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neuron.
In my experience, THH doubles the half-life of DMT, so when used sublingually or orally, you get a full strong 90 minutes out of it with long afterglow.

2. She is in the same beta-carboline family as ibogaine. She is the 2nd highest alkaloid in Caapi. She has a 10.5 hour half-life with peak at 5.25 hours.

3. DMT only colors are subdued and dark, but THH brightens the DMT visuals: out of this world impossible bright neon colors are a trait of high dose oral tetrahydroharmine + moderate dose 60 to 70mg+ sublingual or oral HPBCD DMT: neon red-greens, neon orange-blues, neon purple-yellows.

4. DMT does not block serotonin on it's own, but THH does...this results in not only stimulation but euphoria in combo with the DMT: and real Ayahuasca visions become apparent...important teamwork. Ibogaine, LSD, mescaline, shrooms, 5-meo-dmt, bufotenin in Amazonian snuffs, all block serotonin, THH blocks serotonin.

5. THH has numerous similarities to mescaline, she is like the beta-carboline version of mescaline, few people have used her over 100mg. I have seen the receptorome chart for THH vs. mescaline. She not only blocks serotonin like mescaline, but agonizes all 3 adrenal receptors A1-A3 associated with beauty and aesthetic enhancement, just like mescaline. Beauty enhancement is "over the top" when THH is included, she is diamondlike shimmering in her beauty.

Actresses on TV will look like dazzling glowing super-colorful cartoon versions of themselves (just like with high dose cactus tea) only if you include the THH. Researchers have called THH the "tryptamine of the beta-carboline world" and rightly so.

6. THH is found in average 150mg in a cup of Caapi based Ayahuasca tea, when 2 cups are drank by some of the more advanced members for evening at the vegetals (UDV, Santo Daime, Shuar Indian) people are consuming around 300mg of THH.

7. Music will only sound bad-ass incredible if you include from 150mg to 300mg oral THH with your sublingual or oral DMT.

8. This pure THH at 300mg all by herself is extremely visual, she's an isomer of a hormone like substance made in the brain naturally.

9. The entry in TIHKAL for 300mg THH is completely wrong, where the unexperienced person compares it to the effects of 100mg harmaline. She is nothing at all like harmaline, and like 69ron once said about the person's comment in TIHKAL, he or she would not be able to tell their ass from their elbow. I agree, what complete nonsense. Dr. Shulgin wrote that he never got the chance to try THH, but wrote that more studies on it are "badly needed."

10. professor8 (found here from 11/1/2010 he writes like a poet w/special powers of imagination & expression):
Tetrahydroharmine (THH) has the ability to raise your vibration in a most powerful, yet subtle way. It brings a crystalline prismy texture to spice and adds a super clear watery dimension to Aya, like looking down through 10meters of shimmering Caribbean Sea on clear blue day. It brings a dimension of pure light to the entheogenic experience and encourages entities & intelligences of only the Highest Order. If one is not accustomed to perceiving these experiences with a spiritual perspective most of the nuances & subtleties THH brings on are overlooked and remain unseen and one would better enjoy Harmaline as a house painter chooses a roller over a brush, its about preference & choice.

11. Trips (from here on 12/2/2011):
As to how the THH altered the experience -> I find rue extract+DMT to be very similar to mushrooms. I found the THH added to the rue+DMT to shift the experience to a state much closer to that provided by LSD. It was more clear, more energetic, more focused, and when confusion struck it was definitely more "acid-like".

The world is moving in the direction of the Left Brain: technology and science. What the world needs is to move in the direction of Right Brain development: empathy, spirituality, connectedness. Compounds like tetrahydroharmine in Caapi could be said to improve emotional intelligence, a smart-nutrient for the right side of the brain.

At 300mg of THH all by itself, there are heavy open-eyed tracers like lightening flashes, and hours of teaching closed eye visions that start with colored sparkles and fireworks (red, green, yellow, blue) that dart around and progress into full-fledged way-beyond 4k visions with eyes closed that are not only static but often animated like slow and high speed movies, but all one monochrome color like green or blue for me, when you add DMT, the visions then become colored and patterning on animals for example will display their associated colors, DMT also adds on to or builds on top the THH visions, expanding them, but the teachings and insights & visions are credited to the Vine:

12. Gayle Highpine (Ayahuasca researcher):
The vine carries the content of the message, the teaching, and the insight. The purpose of drinking Ayahuasca is to receive the message the vine imparts.

Tetrahydroharmine or THH ranks very high on the "periodic psychedelic table" among all the known entheogens for inducing realistic way beyond 4k monochrome teaching visions for hours...adding even small amounts of DMT brightens and colorizes the visions, example: reptiles, birds & animals such as serpents/snakes/toucans/parrots/jaguars with patterning show their respective associated colors. Many times I have viewed multi-colored serpents, birds & jaguars several times over hour long CEV periods, serpents are the manifest spirit of Ayahuasca.

Daniel Pinchbeck "Breaking Open the Head" (Daniel also states in his book, that Ayahuasca is his favorite entheogen):
For many people, Ayahuasca-a slowed-down low-res interface of the DMT flash-seems to convey strong messages from the natural world, of nature as sentient energy and spirit matter, of the need to protect the planet we have been given.

Yage whispers that human beings are meant to be gardeners of this reality, journeyers, storytellers and singers, weavers of the sacred. DMT, on the other hand, conveys no overt human or humane message.

Graham Hancock, "Supernatural", pg 428:
My experience with smoked DMT was qualitatively different from the realms and beings Ayahuasca introduced me to. For whereas the Ayahuasca worlds seemed rich, luxurious, and abundant in the transformations of organic and supernatural life, DMT brought me to a world--or to some aspect of a world--that appeared from the outset to be highly artificial, constructed, inorganic, and in essence technological.

Gayle Highpine (Ayahuasca researcher):
In the western world, Ayahuasca acquired a new definition: It was now, by definition, the combination of Banisteriopsis caapi and a DMT-containing plant. Ayahuasca became, by definition “orally active DMT.” The first anthropologist to adopt the new definition seems to have been Luis Eduardo Luna in 1984. Luna spent time with Terence McKenna, absorbing his perspective, before beginning his fieldwork. Since then, anthropologists have increasingly adopted this definition and filtered their observations through it. The preeminence of the Ayahuasca vine in the indigenous Amazonian world became the elephant in the living room of Ayahuasca studies, with a tacit agreement to pretend it doesn’t exist.

The leaves were Ayahuasca’s “helpers,” I was told, and their purpose was to “brighten and clarify” the visions. The vine is like a cave, and the leaf is like a torch you use to see what is inside the cave. The vine is like a book, and the leaf is like the candle you use to read the book.

The vine is like a snowy television set, and the leaf helps to tune in the picture. There was a subtle attitude that the need for strong leaf was the sign of a beginner: An experienced ayahuasquero could see the visions even in low light.

Ayahuasca vine is not visionary in the same way as DMT. Visions from vine-only brewsare shadowy, monochromatic, like silhouettes, or curling smoke, or clouds moving across the night sky. It is because their visions are usually monochromatic that vines are classified by the color of vision they produce: white, black, blue, red (in my experience, dark maroon).

Snakes, the most common vision on Ayahuasca, are considered the manifest spirit of the vine. Vine visions can be hard to see; in fact, the “visions” may not be visual at all, but auditory or somatic or intuitive. But the vine carries the content of the message, the teaching, and the insight.

The leaf helps illuminate the content, but the teachings are credited to the vine. Vine visions are “frequently associated with writing, to a code that is present in visions…or in the ‘books’ where the spirits keep the secrets of the forest.” (Calavia Saez 2011:135).

The vine is The Teacher, The Healer, The Guide. The purpose of drinking Ayahuasca is to receive the message the vine imparts. This is why it is the vine, not the leaf, that is classified by the type of vision it gives. “For them the vine is, in truth, a living guide, a friend, a paternal authority” (Weiskopf 2005:104).

Listening to the Vine:
While I was living in the village, someone began the process of shamanic apprenticeship. There was a series of ceremonies with brews of special strength for that purpose; brews with enormous quantities of vine. About two to three pounds of fresh vine per person was used (about 25 to 35 times the amount needed for MAOI inhibition). Those were powerful experiences indeed.

Although the apprenticeship began with crushingly vine-heavy brews, the more the apprentice progressed, the weaker the brew he would need. He would learn to see the dimmest of visions. If he spent a full two years “fasting,” then eventually even smelling or tasting the brew, even touching an Ayahuasca plant, would be enough to visit her realms. On the other hand, he would learn to navigate the strongest of brews with clear focus, and be undistracted by any amount of DMT fireworks.

Psychedelia, page 61:
A traditional saying among Ayahuasqueros is that the jungle vine brings powerful realistic visions, but that the chacruna brings light to these visions. According to the view of Western research, this is not the case; essentially the entire psycho-activity resides with the chacruna leaves DMT content.

Ayahuasca researcher Luis Eduardo Luna recently observed that when surveying tribal lore praising the jungle vine, he could find no traces of similar mythology around the two most common plant admixtures; psychotria viridis or diplpterys cabrerana, even though these DMT plants to a Westerner would appear much more important than the harmala alkaloids of the B. caapi liana.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
References:

Dennis Mckenna Ph.D:
Thus, tetrahydroharmine may prolong the half-life of DMT by blocking it's intraneuronal uptake, and hence, its inactivation by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neuron.
I have years of experience with pure tetrahydroharmine, and it does indeed do this very well.

Jamie, posted : 11/23/2012 8:29:28 PM:
You can't compare sublingual or oral either..20-30mg sublingual harmine is enough to activate sublingual DMT and cause effects on it's own. 20mg sublingual is probably comparable to 200mg oral.
I use 35mg freebase harmine sublingually along with the sublingual HPBCD complexed DMT, 35mg sublingual has the power of x6 or 210mg oral harmine, but without the dizziness and un-easy feelings some sensitive individuals like myself may feel with an oral dose.

Dr. Narang:
The absorption of drugs through the sublingual route is 3 to 10 times greater than oral route and is surpassed by hypodermic injection. Sublingual mucosa under tongue is only 100 to 200 microns thick.
In over 44 total sublingual experiences over a year's time, this sublingual route is many times more potent than oral DMT.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017:, under "Kinetics":
Cyclodextrins at high doses can increase drug permeability by direct action on mucosal membranes and enhance drug absorption and/or bioavailability. These effects are possibly caused by solubilisation of membrane lipids through inclusion complexation with cyclodextrins and the ability of cyclodextrins to cause perturbation of membrane integrity. However, unlike detergents, cyclodextrins solubilize membrane components without entering into the membrane, therefore the perturbing effects of cyclodextrins are mild and reversible [7].Cyclodextrins are absorbed poorly via mucosal membranes.
HPBCD enhances the drug permeability of guest complexed drug, but the cyclodextrins themselves are poorly absorbed via the sublingual mucosa.

Pic 1: use a 1:1 molar ratio HPBCD to DMT

Pic 2: How to mix the DMT, HPBCD, and drops of very hot water on a spoon & chart of DMT strength.

Pic 3 left: 300mg pure THH for oral use in weigher, 35mg harmine fb for sublingual use next to it, 60mg dmt fb in spoon, 420mg HPBCD white powder above it, coffee mug of near boiling hot water, medicine dropper pipette, Bic lighter.

Pic 3 right: 60mg DMT was covered with x 7 or 420mg HPBCD powder and 10 drops of near boiling hot water from a nearby coffee mug was added, and all mashed and stirred well for 2 minutes, then Bic lighter held under spoon until the solution just started to boil (20 seconds or so), then pull flame away, notice how well the DMT complexed inside the HPBCD. Mix a few more seconds before using.

pic 4: 300mg of pure THH for oral use taken 45 minutes before, not shown: 35mg of freebase harmine for sublingual use taken at exact same time under tongue as the 0.5ml (10 drop) 90mg DMT complexed to 630mg HPBCD stored in a 3ml syringe if desired. Locking syringe caps prevent spillage.

Two re-dose syringes at the 1.5 hour point can be "back-filled" by removing plunger & pouring spoon's HPBCD complexed DMT solution down the syringe. Schematic showing sublingual mucosa only 100 to 200 microns thick.

Pic 5: Pure tetrahydroharmine glows pale blue under blacklight like LSD or psilocin, harmaline reduces to tetrahydroharmine by gaining a hydrogen atom. Tetrahydroharmine is in the same beta-carboline family as ibogaine, remarkable way beyond 4k monochrome (blue or green for me) closed eye teaching visions at 300mg for hours. No sedation, pleasant stimulation like mescaline. Adding even small amounts of sublingual or oral HPBCD DMT adds color to the visions.

pic 1.JPG

pic 2.JPG

pic 3.JPG

pic 4.JPG

pic 5.JPG

Last edited:
Just a quick note: in the 44 times I've used 60 to 90mg HPBCD DMT sublingually under tongue, my tongue felt 100% fine the next day, no burn, completely normal, as if nothing was used the night before. 60mg HPBCD dmt = + 3 Shulgin level strength, and 90mg HPBCD dmt = + 5 Shulgin level strength.

All I can think of is make sure there is no sodium hydroxide contamination in your dmt before you complex it, as any remnants of it will surely burn, it helps to use a long glass pipette with rubber bulb and 2 Liter erlenmeyer flask (heat resistant & tapers at top for easy pull) when extracting, this will ensure no accidental grabbing of any lye water, ie contamination...and make sure the dmt is complexed to the HPBCD as well as you can, as freebase dmt without being complexed can burn as well.

My only other suggestion, is to just stir the HPBCD complexed DMT from off the spoon into 1oz of microwaved hot water (120 degree F) for oral Ayahuasca use, it dissolves instantly, and you will notice the water remains transparent due to the remarkable dissolution. Then just take a capsule full of 160 to 200mg harmine + 100 to 300mg THH at exact same time you drink the 1oz HPBCD DMT water tea. The harmalas can be in freebase form, work just fine. Take all at exact same time as the Shaman's do for strongest effects.

The HPBCD masks the taste of the nasty DMT freebase very well when used orally in a tea, and even helps to reduce gastrointestinal irritation by the freebase DMT. I was shocked in my oral use as there was virtually no taste, and zero nausea.

Using it orally works very well, used it this way x 3 times. It's many factors stronger than normal dmt freebase or salts used orally, as the HPBCD increases drug penetration x 4 factors or 400% into not only sublingual mucosa but intestinal tissues as well. 80mg HPBCD DMT Oral trip report in summary above in middle. Good luck, and thanks again for your report Physics envy.

One last note: make sure you have not used dmt in any form within the past 2 weeks, as this will ensure 90 minutes of very strong activity, and each dose thereafter for the evening will be just as strong as the first dose and last just as long.

Harmine and THH together are both important, just as Dr. Mckenna mentions for preventing the inactivation of DMT by MAO localized in mitrochondria within the cells of the brain, these both prevent zapping of the DMT, and greatly extend the half-life of the DMT several times over, just like with real oral Ayahuasca, as Benny Shanon mentions in "Antipodes of the Mind"..."there is always 90 minutes of very strong activity", this has been my experience as well when your tolerance is low.

In closing, the 300mg oral pure tetrahydroharmine once (10.5 hour half life with peak at 5.25 hours) + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT + sublingual 35mg harmine fb taken at exact same time under tongue with 2 re-doses at the 1.5 hour mark gave five hours of brightly colored very meaningful & teaching Ayahuasca visions (+5 Shulgin level life-changing strength) that inspired me to buy a book on the Aztec myth of "Quetzalcoatl, the serpent of precious feathers", as I feel somehow this entity is a "teacher to mankind". I saw the brightly colored serpents many times in the 5 hours of visions, and now I understand why they are so commonly reported in Ayahuasca journeys. Serpents are also said by Ayahuasca researcher Gayle Highpine to be the manifest spirit of Ayahuasca.

They seem to possess divine knowledge that humans were not supposed to have been privileged to, but the serpents gifted this knowledge to humankind.

Recently found a 1.5 hour video on Amazon prime entitled "Ancient Alien Origins" which is all about this ancient alien flying serpent or dragon entity which is found in all religions of the world & "BAM, Builders of the Ancient Mysteries".

Return of the Serpent & of Eden:

https://earthmedicin...erpent-of-eden/
hxxps://earthmedicine2015.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/return-of-the-serpent-of-eden/

https://en.wikipedia...i/Mind_at_Large

Pic: Serpents are the manifest spirit of Ayahuasca

A few additional pics & from article "Return of the Serpent & of Eden" link given above:

Top left: Egyptian Goddesses Isis (Cobra) & Serapis: depicted as Sacred Serpents

Top middle: Shipibo Ayahuasca Tapestry: The Vase representing the Amazonian Medicine, The Serpents that of the Grandmother Spirit of Ayahuasca

Top middle: Cosmic Serpent: Book by Jeremy Narby

Top right: Mayan ruins

Bottom left: Priestess of Quetzalcoatl

Bottom middle: Aztec Serpent Moon Goddess (Coyolxauhqui). Other Aztec Serpent Symbols include: Quetzalcoatl (Feathered Serpent), Xiuhcoatl (Fire Serpent), Mixcoatl (Cloud Serpent), and Coatlicue (She with Serpent Skirt)

Bottom right: Kundalini Serpent Pathway

Bottom right: Shiva & Shakti: Siddhi Level of Divine Masculine & Feminine Balance

4.PNG

Igorcarajo said:
Instead of the harmine sublingual, have you tried orally ingested harmine, maybe at the same time as THH, 45 minutes before the sublingual HPBCD-complexed DMT? Thanks for joining in the discussion igorcarajo, seen you reading for some time. Great question igorcarajo, in fact, out of the 44 times I've used the sublingual HPBCD DMT over a year's time, the time I took 300mg pure tetrahydroharmine (THH) + 200mg harmine fb at the same orally, then around an hour later took 90mg of sublingual HPBCD DMT (held under tongue for 15 minutes) was the most powerful experience visually with open eyes, and the deepest headspace yet encountered.

For some reason, the sublingual HPBCD DMT was many factors more powerful than any dosage of oral HPBCD DMT. It was many factors stronger, around x5 times. It was so powerful that I saw curtains of neon-colored visuals in the open doorway when I looked to my right. Everything in all directions was surrounded by brilliant neon-colored rainbows, the euphoria and music enhancement was very powerful.

Open-eyed beauty was beyond belief, divine and infinite. The tracers were so powerful, that they went on forever like a hall of mirrors into the distance, and instead of there just being muliples of my hands when I waved them, there were beautiful colored fractals inside the tracer smears.

In my trip diary that night, I documented this as the most powerful sublingual experience of my life. There was zero nausea, dizziness or anxiety as well, very impressed. The 200mg of harmine was so powerful, that I continued by taking a 2nd dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT again 2 hour laters after the 1st dose, and it again worked just as strong as the first dose. With closed eyes were seen brightly colored Ayahuasca visions, in my diary I noted that I saw close to a hundred rapidly changing visions from Egpytian scenery to elaborate art carvings in stone, way beyond 4k in detail. This resulted in a +5 strength Shulgin level journey with life changing consequences.

The harmine having a half-life of from 1 to 3 hours, did not die off until around 5 hours later, so each time I took a re-dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT for the evening, it continued to work very strongly. I highly recommend this approach as you brought up in your question, and plan to use the oral harmine again with the oral THH again soon (next week again), but only using the HPBCD DMT sublingually as noted above.

Igorcarajo said:
"Instead of the harmine sublingual, have you tried orally ingested harmine, maybe at the same time as THH, 45 minutes before the sublingual HPBCD-complexed DMT?"

Thanks for joining in the discussion igorcarajo, seen you reading for some time. Great question igorcarajo, in fact, out of the 44 times I've used the sublingual HPBCD DMT over a year's time, the time I took 300mg pure tetrahydroharmine (THH) + 200mg harmine fb at the same time orally in capsules, then around an hour later took 90mg of sublingual HPBCD DMT (held under tongue for 15 minutes) was the most powerful experience visually with open eyes, and the deepest headspace yet encountered.

For some reason, the sublingual HPBCD DMT was many factors more powerful than any dosage of oral HPBCD DMT. It was many factors stronger, around x5 times. It was so powerful that I saw curtains of neon-colored visuals in the open doorway when I looked to my right. Everything in all directions was surrounded by brilliant neon-colored rainbows, the euphoria and music enhancement was very powerful.

Open-eyed beauty was beyond belief, divine and infinite. The tracers were so powerful, that they went on forever like a hall of mirrors into the distance, and instead of there just being multiples of my hands when I waved them, there were beautiful colored fractals inside the tracer smears. One hour after the sublingual HPBCD DMT started to work, it was still as strong visually & transcendence wise as when it started.

In my trip diary that night, I documented this as the most powerful sublingual experience of my life. There was zero nausea, dizziness or anxiety as well, very impressed. The 200mg of harmine was so powerful, that I continued by taking a 2nd dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT again 2 hour laters after the 1st dose, and it again worked just as strong as the first dose. With closed eyes were seen brightly colored Ayahuasca visions, in my diary I noted that I saw close to a hundred rapidly changing visions from Egpytian scenery to elaborate art carvings in stone, way beyond 4k in detail. This resulted in a +5 strength Shulgin level journey with life changing consequences.

The harmine having a half-life of from 1 to 3 hours, did not die off until around 5 hours later, so each time I took a re-dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT for the evening, it continued to work very strongly. I highly recommend this approach as you brought up in your question, and plan to use the oral harmine again with the oral THH again soon (next week again), but only using the HPBCD DMT sublingually as noted above.

Last edited:
hxxps://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1137474#post1137474

L-dreamer said:
"Making this thread so that I can post my thoughts on the dosing method described in this thread
hxxps://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96861
My few experiences have consisted of about 60 mg of freebase DMT dissolved in 500 mg of HPBCD, with 250-300 mg of THH, and about 35 mg of sublingual harmala/harmaline

From the start I want to say that sublingual DMT with oral THH is everything I wanted ayahuasca/pharmahuasca to be. And I think it is also the best way for someone to be introduced to DMT
Where do I start with the pros
- no nausea at all, even if you take sublingual harmine/harmaline with it. It is such an odd and pleasant feeling to not have to fight constant nausea and vomit inducing dizziness. I literally don't have to worry about having a handy throwup bucket like I did with typical oral DMT.
- just the right kind of duration, it never overstays it's welcome, in about an hour you will get whatever you had to receive. No need for a bedridden 2+ h long comedown
- crisp, clear headspace. Previous oral DMT experiences have always given me this pinch of delirium and sleepiness to my mental state. But with this combo and I am fully present in it
- no come-up anxiety, the transition is gradual and smooth
- the DMT visuals are there, and in one experience they seemed even more glowing, or with actual real-life landscapes or persons assembling before my vision instead of the usual DMT geometry
- your body will love to move to the music you are listening
- let's say you accidental swallow the DMT solution or the saliva build-up becomes unbearable - you will still have a pharmahuasca experience with less if not any nausea. And also this form of oral DMT seems to absorb way better than a typical pharmahuasca
- you need less DMT than the typical pharmahuasca
- if you aborted the experience (saliva build-up that you spit out) you will now in about 25-30 minutes for sure, and then you can try again with the same DMT dosage, it won't stack like in pharmahuasca where it can sometimes take even 2 hours to enter fully

Now the cons:
- the saliva build-up can abort your start or break it's knees. Now if you swallow the solution you will still get a top-tier pharmahuasca trip, I repeat again, with barely any nausea. I tried with some cotton rolls in my mouth to stop the saliva pooling around the DMT solution but it was useless. Next thing I want to try are some saliva pads dentists use: either I trap the solution between the pad and the mouth floor, or I infuse the pads with the DMT solution, put the pad to the cheek mucosa or sublingual mucosa, and enjoy the slow release of DMT (even your lips can absorb this stuff pretty well, one of these days I will use the solution as ointment only for the lips to test it)
- and that is pretty much it, I can't think of any other cons of this way of taking DMT

With that in mind here are some questions that could be explored in the future
- how to get consistently the neon-glowing visions, they feel like such an eye-candy that your eyes feel compelled to see in all their beauty; is it a certain THH treshhold? less harmine/harmaline or more sublingual harmine/harmaline?
- do we really need the mouth floor? can I just smear this on my lips, inner cheek, upper gums or mouth top since with these there is not saliva problem?

I still can't believe people aren't all over this method, especially beginners. It is so versatile and maybe even "comfortable". It is worth experimenting only on it for me, goodbye throw bucket and tissues next to my bed, goodbye retching and holding in the taste of earthy vomit, goodbye 5 hour long sedation and diziness that takes up your entire day.
I predict in a short time sublingual DMT will have it's separate section on the Nexus."

L-dreamer said:
- how to get consistently the neon-glowing visions, they feel like such an eye-candy that your eyes feel compelled to see in all their beauty; is it a certain THH treshhold? less harmine/harmaline or more sublingual harmine/harmaline?

Once again, thanks for your amazing post L-dreamer, and keep up the great work. In answer to this important question, I always use 300mg of very pure home-made tetrahydroharmine (made easily from harmaline in 1.5 hour). You can sometimes find harmaline on-line if you don't want to start from rue seed scratch. 35mg sublingual harmine has power of around x6 or 210mg oral harmine. 60mg HPBCD dmt = + 3 Shulgin level strength, and 90mg HPBCD dmt = + 5 Shulgin level strength.

The fact that one of your experiences involved seeing actual real-life landscapes and persons assembling before your vision instead of the usual DMT geometry only indicates you are in the realm of actual Ayahuasca visions. You will find that many of the Ayahuasca visions begin with dancing & morphing geometry but these then progress to actual colored beautiful teaching visions, each time you see a new phase of geometrics many times indicates a transition to more phenomenal Ayahuasca visions, just as Benny Shanon remarks in "Antipodes of the Mind". I have found this to be true.

Always test any THH you may acquire elsewhere. For example, there is a THH many are using that is made in China, with several reports of it not glowing blue when a bit is rubbed on a wet q-tip and smeared on a paper palate, and the plate held under blacklight. Pure tetrahydroharmine glows light blue like LSD under UV light, any green in the glow indicates unconverted harmaline. Five reports so far from nexus people saying it glows green instead of blue like pure THH even though the paperwork indicates over 98% pure. THH never converts back to harmaline once made and remains stable indefintely, so this tells me the initial synthesis on those particular batches was incomplete.

As a long time chemist, I take purity seriously, and so should everyone. What would happen if THH with contaminated un-converted harmaline in it was mixed with LSD at same time like I often do for an incredible journey (feels like a combo of LSD + mescaline as THH is like the beta-carboline version of mescaline in many ways). It would not be a fun journey like it normally is when using pure THH. Always be careful. Test your THH, even home-made to make sure it is pure.

Pure THH at 300mg results in neon-glowing visions with open or closed eyes in every one of my 44 total oral 300mg THH + 35mg sublingual harmine + 90mg HPBCD DMT held at exact same time under tongue journeys. These 44 times count the 2 subsequent re-doses every 1.5 hour for a strong 4.5 hour experience with super long afterglow beyond that.

Actresses on TV will look like dazzling glowing super-colorful cartoon versions of themselves (just like with high dose cactus tea) only if you include the pure THH. Researchers have called THH the "tryptamine of the beta-carboline world" and rightly so. Music will only sound bad-ass incredible if you include from 150mg to 300mg oral pure THH with your sublingual or oral DMT. The combo of THH + DMT is like listening to music on high-dose cactus tea, heavenly.

Again with the sublingual: pupil dilation maxed out, strong tryptamine body buzz high frequency, heavy CEV imagery, open eyed beauty profound, music sounds incredible.

Here is an example of the glowing CEV visions you see when using pure THH:

On my very first 300mg oral THH + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT combined with 35mg sublingual harmine fb trip with 2 sublingual re-doses at each 1.5 hour mark (had not used DMT in several months)....all the way till 5am in the morning I was seeing closed eye visions of slow and high speed movies...I saw brightly colored serpents, dungeons I traveled thru, many Mesoamerican pyramids, women of incredible beauty, Japanese landscapes, dancing geometrics, many different animals on a rotating globe, walking on the planet-like globe as it spun, hundreds of visions like slow and high-speed movies over the course of many hours.

I wore headphones and listened to music the whole time, as the music sounded just like if I had taken a very strong cactus tea.

I saw the interiors of many magnificent homes, exposed like a camera flash went off, then off to the next home interior, bizarre alien looking creatures, I saw ancient ruins but they were seen as they were before they fell apart. All sorts of architectural wonders appeared that I could not make out exactly what time period they were from.

All the visions were enchanting & manifested incredible beauty. The multi-colored beautiful serpents kept appearing several times in different forms, as if they have some prominence to do with it all, two of them had shining skin covered in gold scales and intertwined like DNA, reminds me of the Aztec quetzalcoatl myth, the "serpent of precious feathers."

...all of these visions were brightly colored due to the sublingual DMT/harmine and oral THH combo all night long..it was one of the most powerful psychedelic experiences of my life...and I've taken Ayahuasca x 70 times, cactus 200 times, etc...I have never had over 5 hours of non-stop CEV visions anything close to what I saw that first night.

The visions inspired me to buy a book on the Aztec myth of "Quetzalcoatl, the serpent of precious feathers", as I feel somehow this entity is a "teacher to mankind". I saw the brightly colored serpents many times in the 5 hours of visions, and now I understand why they are so commonly reported in Ayahuasca journeys.

Last edited:
ava69 wrote:
Always test any THH you may acquire elsewhere. For example, there is a THH many are using that is made in China, with several reports of it not glowing blue when a bit is rubbed on a wet q-tip and smeared on a paper palate, and the plate held under blacklight. Pure tetrahydroharmine glows light blue like LSD under UV light, any green in the glow indicates unconverted harmaline. Five reports so far from nexus people saying it glows green instead of blue like pure THH even though the paperwork indicates over 98% pure. THH never converts back to harmaline once made and remains stable indefintely, so this tells me the initial synthesis on those particular batches was incomplete.

L-dreamer said:
The THH I have does not glow blue (it did not come with a purity certificate), but it definitely is not harmine or harmaline since it does not give nausea at all. Taking more than 300 mg of it makes me a bit dizzy and that's it. And post experience I do feel the typical calmness or composure I got from previous aya drinks.
Thanks for the update. In answer to your question, using pure 300mg THH (which glows light blue) will most assuredly give you the glowing Ayahuasca visions consistently. Bottom of post #2 shows THH glow under blacklight:
I would recommend making your own, take care, all the best.

My preference is the sublingual HPBCD dmt, seems to always be some five times stronger than oral, like L-dreamer states: no delirium, very clear and crisp, zero dizziness, zero nausea, when combined with 35mg sublingual harmine and 300mg oral very pure tetrahydroharmine, perfect experience, intensely beautiful and clear just like mescaline. No words to describe. For music lovers like myself, it is a joy to listen to music for hours on end, sounds heavenly just like high dose cactus tea. Profound music enhancement, open eyed beauty infinite, abundant neon colors, the most beautiful teaching Ayahuasca visions, the divine spiritual insights gained are worth the admission alone.

Dirt cheap experience compared to the rare and expensive cactus which I also love dearly. 90mg HPBCD dmt sublingual + 35mg sublingual harmine + 300mg pure THH is like 600mg of mescaline. Intensely beautiful experience.

Taking 200mg of oral harmine + 300mg of oral THH + the sublingual HPBCD DMT taken 1 hour later is an experience so incredible and strong, still no nausea and dizziness for me:

In my trip diary that June night, I documented this oral harmine + oral THH + 90mg sublingual HPBCD dmt around 1 hour later as the most powerful sublingual experience of my life. Not only was there no dizziness or nausea but no anxiety as well, very impressed. For reasons posted by Dr. Narang on post #1, the sublingual HPBCD DMT was many factors more powerful than any dosage of oral HPBCD DMT. It was many factors stronger, around x5 times. It was so powerful that I saw curtains of neon-colored visuals in the open doorway when I looked to my right. Everything in all directions was surrounded by brilliant neon-colored rainbow reflections, the euphoria and music enhancement was very powerful.

Open-eyed beauty was beyond belief, divine and infinite. The tracers were so powerful, that they went on forever like a hall of mirrors into the distance, and instead of there just being multiples of my hands when I waved them, there were beautiful colored fractals inside the tracer smears. One hour after the sublingual HPBCD DMT started to work, it was still as strong visually & transcendence wise as when it started. Only at the 1.5 hour point did the DMT ween down in strength several levels.

The 200mg of harmine was so powerful, that I continued by taking a 2nd dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT again 2 hours later after the 1st dose, and it again worked just as strong as the first dose. With closed eyes were seen brightly colored Ayahuasca visions, in my diary I noted that I saw close to a hundred rapidly changing visions from Egyptian scenery to elaborate art carvings in stone, way beyond 4k in detail. This resulted in a +5 strength Shulgin level journey with life changing consequences.

The harmine having a half-life of from 1 to 3 hours, did not die off until around 5 hours later, so each time I took a re-dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT for the evening, it continued to work very strongly. I highly recommend this approach, and plan to use the oral harmine again with the oral THH many times again in the future, but only using the HPBCD DMT sublingually as noted above. Take care, all the best...peace, love and music.

Pic: 70 grams of pure tetrahydroharmine, will last me a lifetime, more valuable to me than any gold, never depart with. Refer to page 3, post #43 on how to make if interested. Pure THH glows blue under blacklight when a bit dabbed onto wet cue tip and smeared on plate under blacklight, serpents are the manifest Spirit of Ayahuasca.

very pure THH.PNG

THH.PNG

pic 3.PNG

Last edited:
In closing, in order to create the 75g very pure THH that will last me a lifetime, here a few pics of the end stage. Just follow the "Tao of rue extraction", or something similar to get to the ending stage where you then precipitate pure harmine & pure harmaline following instructions on page 3, post #43 here.

pic1: 274 grams rue salt, 200 grams of this rue salt was used to precipitate the below alkaloids, rest put away.
pic2: 23g pure harmine fb precipitated at ph=7.0
pic3: not shown: 5g middle fb precipitation (ph=7.1 to 7.5 is a small precipitation of harmine with some harmaline mix), put away to save for a rainy day when you do another rue extract, to add back in, to further separate.
pic4: 116g pure harmaline fb precipitated above ph=7.5.
pic5: 75g very pure tetrahydroharmine fb made from 100g of the harmaline fb (around 75% yield, similar to yield in TIHKAL, which was also 75 percent. But the conversion uses all over the counter chemicals (ammonium hydroxide, vinegar, zinc dust) unlike the TIHKAL synthesis.

zzz rue extraction.JPG

L-dreamer said:
Had another try today.
Ava was not kidding with the images of beautiful women. Today I had a vision of a naked blonde with the body of a literal Goddess opening my mind's eye like you would a zipper at the beggining. The perfection of the female form in full display with a glistening astral skin. And it wasn't any libido increase, just a sense of witnessing beauty. This effect is so peculiar to me, ava mentioned about certain adrenergic receptors that THH touches like mescaline does, but I could not find a source on how these receptors are actually involved in "Aesthetic perception"
L-dreamer you can find a book that explains receptorome psychedelic theory in James Kent book "Psychedelic information theory." Your visions of naked blonde Goddess beauty is very common in my own sublingual Ayahuasca visions as well, many times I've witnessed naked female forms, a spiritual beauty quality like artwork or music in all her divine perfection.

Last edited:
I had an experience last night that blew my mind, have not used dmt in 2 months, I found even just 25mg of sublingual harmine to be very powerful, yesterday, took 300mg very pure THH orally 45 minutes before, then 90mg HPBCD DMT on a spoon (90mg dmt complexed to x7 or 630mg plain HPBCD in 10 drops very hot water) mixed with only 25mg harmine freebase, held both under tongue at exact same time for 15 minutes, it all dissolved...

...for 2 hours I had the most powerful experience, like 600mg of mescaline, CEV's of morphing and spinning colored geometrics, open eyed beauty so over the top, watched 4k movies, actresses looked like dazzling, glowing super-colorful cartoon versions of themselves the entire 2 hours. Neon color saturation so powerful it spilled over on to every corner of the house and walls, the entire walls then filled with neon colors that flashed and morphed into other colors, these neon colors then broke up into fine lines like laser beams and pasted themselves across the entire front wall, it was mesmerizing...intense open eyed beauty, no words to describe, music enhancement so powerful...

Best of all, super deep head space, very strong mescaline like spiritual euphoria or ecstasy, profound spiritual insights, an infinite source of love, creative energy & wisdom. I found no need to re-dose more of the sublingual dmt, such a powerful journey..intense afterglow all night and next day.

I can't stress enough how important it is to allow at least 2 weeks between journeys.

...I kept saying how is this possible with only 25mg sublingual harmine...but it has the power of at least x6 or 150mg oral harmine, zero nausea, zero dizziness, like high dose mescaline, extremely visual. The geometrics turned into full-fledged Ayahuasca visions when I closed my eyes for long periods of time, saw interlocking artwork made out of stone that solved ancient puzzles, like Puma Punku, breathtaking Egyptian myths laid out before my eyes, I saw thoth (Egyptian man with the head of an ibis) with multicolored beak, Egyptian women in overflowing beauty, elaborate architecture rapidly changing, so incredibly beautiful. So in other words, give only 25mg harmine a chance compared with 35mg harmine freebase.

Jamie, posted : 11/23/2012 8:29:28 PM:
You can't compare sublingual or oral either..20-30mg sublingual harmine is enough to activate sublingual DMT and cause effects on it's own. 20mg sublingual is probably comparable to 200mg oral.

pic1: 300mg oral very pure THH + 25mg sublingual harmine + 90mg sublingual HPBCD DMT

pic2: closeup 300mg oral very pure THH + 90mg sublingual HPBCD DMT to which was added 25mg sublingual harmine

zzz 300mg oral very pure THH plus 25mg sublingual harmine plus 90mg sublingual HPBCD DMT.JPG

zzz closeup 300mg oral very pure THH plus 90mg sublingual HPBCD DMT to which was added 25mg sublingual harmine (2).JPG

On oral harmine, THH and tolerance...

I'm not sure why this is, but I've noticed that you can take a journey every 7 days if you want, with virtually no tolerance so long as you take 200mg harmine orally along with 150 to 300mg THH orally at same time...take the 60 to 100mg HPBCD DMT sublingually 45 minutes to 1 hour later (once you feel the oral harmine working), as the sublingual HPBCD DMT is some x5 times more powerful than any oral dosage of DMT. I've noticed THH already has a reverse tolerance and harmine seems to have an innate power of reducing psychedelic tolerance somehow.

Since oral harmine has a half life of from 1 to 3 hours, and THH a half life of 10.5 hours with peak at 5.25 hours, I've even re-dosed more sublingual HPBCD DMT after the 1st dose wears off (1.5 to 2 hours later), and the 2nd dose is just as strong as the first dose, since the oral harmine is still quite active, it doesn't really die down fully until 5 hours after you take it.

This way you can have a 4.5 hour long trip (with super-long afterglow) every 7 days if you so desire. Although, I recommend you try and keep it at more like 3 times a month or so, similar to the frequency the Santo Daime use Ayahuasca.

So long as the HPBCD DMT is used sublingually, there is zero nausea, zero dizziness, no delirium, crystal clear clarity like mescaline...there is something about DMT going thru the stomach that tends to induce nausea and weird uncomfortable strange feelings, just as L-dreamer mentions in post #2 of this thread at the very beginning. Same thing with me. It's also no where near as potent as sublingually used HPBCD DMT.

I've attached a tolerance chart for those interested using this method at the bottom.

This coming Friday (9 days after I had a recent experience) I will post a 200mg oral harmine + 300mg oral THH + 100mg sublingual HPBCD DMT experience and re-dose more 100mg sublingual HPBCD DMT around 2 hours later.

My procedure:
1) place 100mg of DMT onto a spoon
2) add 1:1 molar ratio of host drug to HPBCD powder, this means 1:7 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD, use a 1:8 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD if you are using the more common 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
3) this means 100mg dmt placed on spoon, then add 700mg of HPBCD on top DMT, use 800mg HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
4) add 10 drops of very hot near boiling water to the mix from a nearby microwaved coffee mug for DMT doses of 90mg or below, use 12 drops of boiling hot water to mix DMT doses of 90mg or more (such as 90 to 100mg). 60mg DMT = +3 Shulgin level strength, 90 to 100mg DMT = +5 Shulgin level life changing strength.
5) Knead or crush the HPBCD powder into the dmt using the end of another spoon for 2 minutes, scrape & mix everything back and forth hard using your muscles. This is how scientist pre-pare these complexes by kneading.
6) Optional (you do not have to do this): Hold a lighter far away from under the spoon to heat up spoon for around 20 seconds or so, then pull flame away, this seems to aid dissolution or dissolving after heating up a slight bit, mix the contents a little bit more before using.
7) Take 150 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine orally around 45 minutes before...and take 200mg harmine orally around 45 minutes to 1 hour before...if you don't take harmine orally, then place 25 to 35mg of freebase harmine under your tongue. Then place bottom of your tongue onto HPBCD complexed DMT spoon, the HPBCD DMT glob will all adhere as HPBCD powder forms sticky complexes. Be sure to take the 35mg harmine and HPBCD DMT under tongue all at the exact same time in order to activate the DMT strongly.

Hold under tongue for 10 to 12 or 15 minutes depending on dosage, hold under tongue the whole time to trap sticky liquid complex in the sublingual mucosa. Be sure to use bottom end of tongue to lick any off spoon that is left behind, you want to get it all.

At end of 15 minutes, spit out any saliva into a cup instead of swallowing. Gently relieve any saliva during the 15 minute period as comfort dictates by leaning your head forward and spitting into a cup, but keep your tongue pressed down any time you relieve saliva. There is a mild to moderate sting felt but it's so worth enduring for the effects which begin in 22 minutes or 1/2 the time of an oral dose (44 minutes). The sting does not bother me at all. The tongue is completely fine afterwards (no burn), and it's as if nothing happened the next day.

Here is one of my past experiences:

200mg oral harmine + 300mg oral THH + 90mg sublingual HPBCD DMT 1 hour later:

From Trip Diary, June 2021:
In my trip diary this June night, I documented this oral 200mg harmine + oral 300mg THH + 90mg sublingual HPBCD dmt around 1 hour later as the most powerful sublingual experience of my life. Not only was there no dizziness or nausea or delirium, but no anxiety as well, very impressed. For reasons posted by Dr. Narang on post #1, the sublingual HPBCD DMT was many factors more powerful than any dosage of oral HPBCD DMT. It was many factors stronger, around x5 times.

It was so powerful that I saw curtains of neon-colored visuals in the open doorway when I looked to my right. Everything in all directions was surrounded by brilliant neon-colored rainbow reflections, the euphoria and music enhancement was very powerful.

Open-eyed beauty was beyond belief, divine and infinite. The tracers were so powerful, that they went on forever like a hall of mirrors into the distance, and instead of there just being multiples of my hands when I waved them, there were beautiful colored fractals inside the tracer smears. One hour after the sublingual HPBCD DMT started to work, it was still as strong visually & transcendence wise as when it started. Only at the 1.5 hour point did the DMT ween down in strength several levels.

The 200mg of harmine was so powerful, that I continued by taking a 2nd dose of sublingual 90mg HPBCD DMT again 2 hours later after the 1st dose, and it again worked just as strong as the first dose. With closed eyes were seen brightly colored Ayahuasca visions, in my diary I note that I saw close to a hundred rapidly changing visions from incredibly beautiful women, birds, gardens, palaces, temples, inner decorations of these palaces, artwork of an entire culture, ancient pristine & perfect architecture to elaborate art carvings in stone, way beyond 4k in detail. The visions never repeat, of a beauty that defies comprehension. This resulted in a +5 strength Shulgin level journey with life changing consequences.

The harmine having a half-life of from 1 to 3 hours, did not die off until around 5 hours later, so each time I took a re-dose of sublingual HPBCD DMT for the evening, it continued to work very strongly. I highly recommend this approach, and plan to use the oral harmine again with the oral THH many times again in the future, but only using the HPBCD DMT sublingually as noted above.

Stay true to yourself, Love, Peace and Music
http://www.friskyradio.com

Pic: Psychedelic Tolerance chart

psychedelic tolerance graph.JPG

What this graph says--in short--is that if you trip some day then you would need to take almost 3 times as much (300%) the day after to achieve the same effect. At least 1-2 weeks of clean time/abstinence would be required for a good estimation. Making sense of your experience usually takes even longer than a week or so, you need time to fully integrate your last trip. Tripping hard definitely requires recovery time. Tetrahydroharmine is unusual in the psychedelic world, in that it "reverses the serotonin transporter" similar to ibogaine, instead of acting directly at 5-ht1a substrate (makes up over 80% of serotonin receptors in the brain) like LSD, mescaline, shrooms. I've done an experiment once in my lifetime taking 300mg of THH every 4 days, and it indeed becomes increasingly stronger and stronger for up to 2 weeks, before a point is reached where you have to stop to reset for a week. So in other words, THH has reverse tolerance, but only up to a point. She is a very special compound, best kept secret in the psychedelic world, 12 reasons why she is important on post #1.

Personal note: I may be a long term chemist, but I developed a method many years ago so that anyone can make tetrahydroharmine (THH) at home. See post #12. I actually fell into a trance state after a death and received the information from a divine source on how to do this, as I was stuck at one point for weeks on end with no solution. No fancy chemicals or equipment needed like TIHKAL THH Synthesis. Due to the hundreds of Spiritual centers in South America needing these plants, Caapi is increasingly being harder to find. You can do this with normal coffee filters and cotton ball stuffed in a funnel. Tetrahydroharmine (THH): she is as valuable as mescaline, can't do without her. Diamondlike shimmering in her beauty.

In brews analyzed by the UDV, Santo Daime and Shuar Indian, THH levels were at the same high levels of harmine in the plant. Somehow, over their day's long cooking process perhaps using vitamin C (hydrogen doner) in the cooking, the THH would attain levels found as harmine in the plants. Harmaline levels often found zero but always very low (0 to 30mg levels) in a typical brew. Just google tetrahydroharmine wikipedia and read the studies attached at bottom.

150mg is the average amount of THH in an Ayahuasca brew, whereas there is 300mg when 2 cups are drank for evening by more advanced members of the UDV, Santo Daime, Shuar Indian, or advanced drinkers like myself.

Upcoming this week, will post trip report using the below with pics:

160mg harmine fb in a gelatin capsule
250mg very pure tetrahydroharmine fb in a gelatin capsule
140mg HPBCD DMT dissolved (from off the spoon) into 1 shot glass of 125 degree F hot water, it dissolves instantly in the hot water, transparent color, hardly any taste at all, as the HPBCD masks the taste of the nasty DMT freebase as it goes down.

What I do is gulp down the hot one-shot HPBCD DMT clear liquid with the 2 capsules above of harmine and THH, same way the Shaman's take Ayahuasca, all ingredients at once.

I've noticed there is next to zero tolerance when using the HPBCD DMT Ayahuasca orally, remains same potency even 7 days later, zero nausea, zero dizziness...(so long as I keep my harmine dose below 200mg). Peaks around 60 minutes after effects begin. Jonathan Ott noticed 160mg harmine to be extremely effective (strong) for activating DMT in his book "Ayahuasca Analogues", same here...I used to always use 200mg harmine, but found 160mg to work great based on his recommendation, and it results in no nausea or dizziness at this dose. Just make sure your stomach is near empty, around 4 hours after a meal for this to work very well.

I am leaning more towards using the HPBCD DMT consistently orally from now on, as I found out I can use a slightly higher dose orally (140mg) to achieve the same effects as a powerful (90mg) sublingual dose from past experience. Comfortable administration, no sublingual sting, no leaking sublingual 25 to 35mg harmine which sometimes does not always absorb fully (remnants in the saliva) while the sublingual HPBCD DMT does absorb fully at the end of 15 minutes. Thus I will be running a series of oral experiments and posting results here.

2 minute formed HPBCD DMT not only makes the DMT freebase water soluble, but it increases the absorption of the DMT by several factors into the intestinal tissues.

This pharmacology has been used to potentiate these poorly absorbed freebase drugs orally as well -- in my experience, this results in an Ayahuasca experience that is strong in potency.

Example: HPBCD improves oral absorption profile for Ofloxacin, a second generation fluroquinolones by 54 to 89 percent.

In my past experience, this is more potent than normal DMT freebase or salts used orally, very reminiscent of my over 70 Hawaiian psychotria brewed leaf teas, very strong & all encompassing, trip report on post #20.

From thethirdwave.co:
Does ayahuasca produce tolerance?
Ayahuasca tolerance is very mild and you can take another dose within a day without significantly reduced effects. It also does not produce tolerance to other psychedelics.

Jonathan Ott, The Internationalization of Ayahuasca, page 108:
There is an average of 160mg harmine per dose in Caapi potions. In the course of some three dozen psychonautic bioassays (self-experiments) with crystalline samples of DMT and harmine (which I myself had isolated from appropriate plants), we substantiated an verified the theory of the "ayahuasca-effect," that doses as low as 120mg (below the average amount found in analyzed doses of the potions) could render minuscule doses of DMT psychoactive and visionary (between 25 and 30mg).

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

--> It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

This agrees with what I read from clearlight:
Clearlight experiments that involved several people found the leaf brew form superior to extracted actives, they found the leaf brews very strong and powerful & clairavoyant (+5 Shulgin scale), while they mentioned that the extracted actives were mild (+3 Shulgin scale) at best, even up to 100mg. Again, this is poorly understood.
Hawaiian psychotria is so potent because it contains polysaccharides in the leaf which bind to the DMT and enhance absorption severalfold into the intestinal tissues. HPBCD is a polysaccharide with six glucose units, when complexed to freebase dmt, it makes the DMT water soluble as well as increasing it's bioavailability similar to the way psychotria does this.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017: Page 4 of 16:
Cyclodextrins can be used to reduce or prevent gastrointestinal and ocular irritation, reduce or eliminate unpleasant smells or tastes.
HPBCD helps mask the taste of the DMT when used orally in a hot tea.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017:, under "Kinetics":
Cyclodextrins at high doses can increase drug permeability by direct action on mucosal or intestinal membranes and enhance drug absorption and/or bioavailability. These effects are possibly caused by solubilisation of membrane lipids through inclusion complexation with cyclodextrins and the ability of cyclodextrins to cause perturbation of membrane integrity. However, unlike detergents, cyclodextrins solubilize membrane components without entering into the membrane, therefore the perturbing effects of cyclodextrins are mild and reversible [7].Cyclodextrins are absorbed poorly via mucosal membranes.

"Cyclodextrins used as excipients" pdf, European Medicines Agency, Oct 9, 2017: page 5 of 16 under "Oral products, Kinetics":

Note: music lovers like myself will love this Ayahuasca formula high in THH, as there is very strong music enhancement (similar to high dose mescaline) in combo with the DMT...and you can re-dose after the DMT effects wear down to continue not only the strong music enhancement, but open eyed profound beauty, neon colors, open eyed visuals, closed eye geometrics which progress into full fledged colored Ayahuasca visions. The THH has a half life of 10.5 hours with peak at 5.25 hours, so you never have to re-dose the THH for the evening, only the harmine and DMT to continue the divine journey. One of my favorite things to do is listen to music for hours on end while I enjoy the profound open eyed beauty and visuals. Watching 4k movies is also a blast, extremely enjoyable.

Yes, Ayahuasca is a strong medicine and very trippy, but like Benny shanon said in his book "Antipodes of the Mind", "many people enjoy Ayahuasca as if going to the theatre and watching a good movie". Even Jonathan Ott remarked on his euphoric Ayahuasca trips being a source of profound enjoyment & pleasure, same here. Some times divine spiritual transcendence is just the medicine we need. Ayahuasca is a great way to stay Psychedelic for the rest of your life.

P.S. Don't forget to visit your local waterpark this summer, former beach & waterpark deep water lifeguard, we get a summerpass and go all spring, summer & fall at least twice a week, lots of fun! I sometimes take a bridgesii cactus tea with 200mg THH combo together in the morning before I go (taking the THH 1 hour after the cactus), unbelievable fun, all of nature looks like a fairytale land full of neon colored bikinis & the music sounds great being played over the outdoor speakers. :)

Pic 1: attached chart of harmine and DMT strength from Jonathan Ott's "Ayahuasca Analogues"

Pic 2: Serpents are the manifest spirit of Ayahuasca, have seen them multiple times on many Ayahuasca journeys.

Top left: Egyptian Goddesses Isis (Cobra) & Serapis: depicted as Sacred Serpents

Top middle: Shipibo Ayahuasca Tapestry: The Vase representing the Amazonian Medicine, The Serpents that of the Grandmother Spirit of Ayahuasca

Top middle: Cosmic Serpent: Book by Jeremy Narby

Top right: Mayan ruins

Bottom left: Priestess of Quetzalcoatl

Bottom middle: Aztec Serpent Moon Goddess (Coyolxauhqui). Other Aztec Serpent Symbols include: Quetzalcoatl (Feathered Serpent), Xiuhcoatl (Fire Serpent), Mixcoatl (Cloud Serpent), and Coatlicue (She with Serpent Skirt)

Bottom right: Kundalini Serpent Pathway

Bottom right: Shiva & Shakti: Siddhi Level of Divine Masculine & Feminine Balance

zzz Ott's pharmahuasca chart of harmine and dmt strength.JPG

zzz serpents.JPG

Last edited: