• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Hydrocodone withdrawal again

Chach69

Greenlighter
Well boys, here I am back again for another rousing bout of opiate withdrawal. So I’ve been taking 30 mg or so of hydrocodone a day for several months now and it’s time to pay the piper. Last night was my first night without taking them, but I decided to take 5 or 6 grams of kratom to try and keep the symptoms from getting too intense. Woke up sweating today and in a really anxious, weird state of mind that feels all too familiar. So I guess basically why I’m here is just to complain and feel sorry for myself and also ask if anyone has any suggestions for how I should handle taking the kratom because I want to use it to keep the hydro w/d from getting too bad, but I also plan on quitting the kratom because I don’t wanna just trade addictions. Should I just not take it all together? Or would a week or two or kratom use not be a big deal? Also if you have any recommendations for other things that might help me would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have access to any comfort meds like gabapentin/lyrica. All I have is kratom and a couple 0.25 mg Xanax. Thank you

if anyone has any suggestions for how I should handle taking the kratom
Take as little as possible cause ya also state ya dont wanna be stuck on kratom.
In my opioid wds, all it took was half a gram to get me off the couch. It was capsules from a local (SC) "head shop" but it musta been decent.
Take a G of kratom, warm some water (maybe 2oz? ) in a cup/glass whateva, put the g of kratom in the warm water, watch it kinda "dissolve", mix it around and shoot it like a shot of yer favor whiskey.
I suggest warm or hot-ish water as it will "dissolve" in the warm water a hell of a lot faster than cold.
If the kratom is any good you will be straight as far as wd "discomfort" is concerned. Keeping that dosage low will make it that much easier to put down if/when the time comes.
Opioid wds (IMO/E) are bad but the worst will be over in a few days.
Keep ya mind straight and be careful of the benzos. There really is no relief from that shit when dependent on them other than more benz and maybe phenibut. Just dont dig yaself into a grave, my brotha.
Imma watch this thread as I wanna see what does and does not work for you.
One

Im sure these will help you. Take one at a time of course, keeping in mind the half life of xanax is 6-12hrs.
Good luck! Maybe get yourself some otc sleep aids too 👍
What is the significance of the half life? I have very little understanding of it

Take as little as possible cause ya also state ya dont wanna be stuck on kratom.
In my opioid wds, all it took was half a gram to get me off the couch. It was capsules from a local (SC) "head shop" but it musta been decent.
Take a G of kratom, warm some water (maybe 2oz? ) in a cup/glass whateva, put the g of kratom in the warm water, watch it kinda "dissolve", mix it around and shoot it like a shot of yer favor whiskey.
I suggest warm or hot-ish water as it will "dissolve" in the warm water a hell of a lot faster than cold.
If the kratom is any good you will be straight as far as wd "discomfort" is concerned. Keeping that dosage low will make it that much easier to put down if/when the time comes.
Opioid wds (IMO/E) are bad but the worst will be over in a few days.
Keep ya mind straight and be careful of the benzos. There really is no relief from that shit when dependent on them other than more benz and maybe phenibut. Just dont dig yaself into a grave, my brotha.
Imma watch this thread as I wanna see what does and does not work for you.
One
Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it. I’m just freaking out a bit at the moment with all the anxiety/dysphoria. That’s really surprising that only half a gram works for you. I can give it a try but I really don’t think that’ll be enough. Regardless I really appreciate the advice

the only way i beat the hydros was adderal its pure amphetamine salts.speeds up your metabllism dont mind my mis spelling.kept lowering my hydros every day started taking one half adderal every time i started to get sick.let me tell you it worked after 2months no sickness.then i tapered down on adderal.at end i was taking 2 adderal a day.i thnk god every day .i dont have desires to go back on hydros.

i just took my last 30mg of Vicodin this morning and it's time to detox been a little over a 2 year run this time. been taking a minimum of 20mg in the morning then would take another 50+- mg to get thru the day. also smoke weed though out the day to try to control chronic pain. not looking forward to the next couple weeks which are the worst for me.

OP i wish you luck in your detox this time..

i would stay away from the benzos that addiction comes on fast. and the detox from benzos is hell nothing makes you feel better. i only detoxed once from benzos for me to never take another one again. i have detoxed from opiates too many times to count, it sucks but i guess not enough to stop me from taking them again. opiates make me feel like shit for the first few days then it starts to get better. benzos made me feel like i was going to die for the first week. then like shit for a month then it slowly got better.