• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I heavily dislike heroin?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Its for the best but I cannot explain why for the life of me I recently dabbled in h powder and again just do not get anything from the substance. The euphoria is lacking from pills like painkillers for instance, and its just a body high opiate sensation with sleep-induced nodding and zombie effects that I despise.

I have tried it a few times years ago and hated it lol. My mother ruined her life over heroin many years and years before she cleaned up her substance abuse issues and gave birth to me years after, so it runs in my genetic composition to have an opiate love affair or something like that. I won't be trying it again but I said that the first time years ago lol. I just don't know why I like cigarettes can use numerously and then just stop and not have any affinity or fantasize about returning AT ALL. The mental rush has to be there for me or I literally do not care about it. Just wondering why someone who has had a gigantic oxycodone career of life ruining experience would randomly not be able to enjoy heroin throughout his entire life and not receive pleasure from the oxycodone on steroids substance--heroin that with a reputation that far proceeds itself. Do not ask why I tried heroin twice within my life in days in a row settings... I cannot give an answer for that. Someone kind of peer pressured me into it who used pills with me and I of course... thought it was a brilliant idea to easily give in and..... *drum roll* do heroin!!!!

My first thought is "did you actually do heroin? good quality heroin? or was it fentanyl or something else?"

but in reality about 30% of people who try heroin or opiates in general do not like them that much, so it's not that strange

everyone is different

Its for the best but I cannot explain why for the life of me I recently dabbled in h powder and again just do not get anything from the substance. The euphoria is lacking from pills like painkillers for instance, and its just a body high opiate sensation with sleep-induced nodding and zombie effects that I despise.

I have tried it a few times years ago and hated it lol. My mother ruined her life over heroin many years and years before she cleaned up her substance abuse issues and gave birth to me years after, so it runs in my genetic composition to have an opiate love affair or something like that. I won't be trying it again but I said that the first time years ago lol. I just don't know why I like cigarettes can use numerously and then just stop and not have any affinity or fantasize about returning AT ALL. The mental rush has to be there for me or I literally do not care about it. Just wondering why someone who has had a gigantic oxycodone career of life ruining experience would randomly not be able to enjoy heroin throughout his entire life and not receive pleasure from the oxycodone on steroids substance--heroin that with a reputation that far proceeds itself. Do not ask why I tried heroin twice within my life in days in a row settings... I cannot give an answer for that. Someone kind of peer pressured me into it who used pills with me and I of course... thought it was a brilliant idea to easily give in and..... *drum roll* do heroin!!!!
That person who peer pressured you should be kicked out of your life that is such a shitty thing to do

My first thought is "did you actually do heroin? good quality heroin? or was it fentanyl or something else?"

but in reality about 30% of people who try heroin or opiates in general do not like them that much, so it's not that strange

everyone is different

Th heroin was very high quality since the addicts who relapsed from pills onto the worser monster seemed to be consumed by everything about it.. they literally lost themselves and all their personality/soul elements for 2 weeks straight. It was good enough to make my best friend and family member almost die so I think it was good. Unsure. Maybe I dislike downers and opioids are more stimulant like w/ thebaine?

That person who peer pressured you should be kicked out of your life that is such a shitty thing to do

It really upset me especially since the person had never relapsed like that for years and years. I didn't process what was truly happening and was just not thinking. You're right... but I cannot cut this person out of my life. Just distance myself appropriately. Literally cannot avoid the person but sober now themself thank god.

Th heroin was very high quality
Hope hope you are well GMOOTC. I just wanted to say in some aspects I wish I had your body chemistry (disliking heroin) to not wishing I had your body chemistry (kratom withdrawal kills you) Glad you post though, I actually do have a few friends that hated heroin and never took off. I have heard that before.

I also love a good success story. Your mom cleaning up and having you. I find that endearing. <3 Stay well.

Lots of people don't like it, which is why I wish we'd do away with the whole heroin mythology of 'it will instantly hook absolutely everyone forever'.

Nobody gets addicted to shit they don't like. I got addicted to heroin because opiates in general and particularly that one happen to hit a spot with me. I'll never be a speed freak on the other hand because my brain absolutely doesn't agree with it. Yet there's plenty people for whom stimulants are the greatest drugs on the planet. It's all individual.

Last edited:
the things you listed off for it being "good" are in no way an indication that it was diacetylmorphine, just a really potent opioid in a powder. What was the duration like? if it was in the 1 - 2hr zone before sharply tapering off, I would strongly suggest you experienced fent or an analogue instead.

Hope hope you are well GMOOTC. I just wanted to say in some aspects I wish I had your body chemistry (disliking heroin) to not wishing I had your body chemistry (kratom withdrawal kills you) Glad you post though, I actually do have a few friends that hated heroin and never took off. I have heard that before.

I also love a good success story. Your mom cleaning up and having you. I find that endearing. <3 Stay well.

Hey yeah better... just perpetually bored this month despite anything I do to make use of myself but whatever. To me, heroin feels very similar to kratom. Very nodding and powerful in downer effects, just far more powerful kratom per say. It feels like kratom on steroids but... something special about pharmaceutical pain relievers that heroin lacks. A certain quality of function while heroin seems to be all nods. I don't enjoy nodding out like other people so its probably that. Anyway... I could see someone who just wants to afford opiates in general that gets the trick done really struggling with heroin addiction for years if even not a lifetime. But yes... oddly kratom withdrawal reaps my soul over any other opiate withdrawal thus far. Maybe my brain/body is just very obscure.

Lots of people don't like it, which is why I wish we'd do away with the whole heroin mythology of 'it will instantly hook absolutely everyone forever'.

Nobody gets addicted to shit they don't like. I got addicted to heroin because opiates in general and particularly that one happen to hit a spot with me. I'll never be a speed freak on the other hand because my brain absolutely doesn't agree with it. Yet there's plenty people for whom stimulants are the greatest drugs on the planet. It's all individual.

This is a good point. Some describe heroin as a "nice day at the beach" but not wildly addicting at first.. it grows on you. I'd like to graduate from my recent heroin career to something not as terrible in life lol. I can't say I'll never do heroin again in my lifetime but I just don't like what it does to users. Even when I'm looking at someone in front of me nodding out from euphoria.. it looks like suffering.

Opiates make life better SOME of the time truth be told. Its the times that it makes life worse though, which is most of the time when someone is high on opiates that really makes you wonder what anyone is getting out of it.

Opiates make life better SOME of the time truth be told. Its the times that it makes life worse though, which is most of the time when someone is high on opiates that really makes you wonder what anyone is getting out of it.
I believe there's something that holds true for all substances; which is that whether they enhance your life or do the opposite depends absolutely on what motive drives you to take them. I've been on both sides. I've regarded heroin as an occasional treat for added pleasure, and I've regarded it as an existential necessity of the first order without which I felt I couldn't live. No prizes for guessing how my life reflected this relationship to the substance either time.

I do think the reason why opiates in particular seem to be such 'problematic' drugs is that they are particularly attractive to those WITH PROBLEMS. Given that they have both sedative and mood - enhancing effects, they're a perfect 'escape' drug. That's to say the high rate of addiction to illicit opiates is a function of its users. (Compare the extremely low rate of addiction to prescription opiates administered in a medical setting, which likewise is a function of its users, or more specifically their MOTIVATION for taking the drug).

Last edited: