• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Sex I prefer masturbation over sex

We had sex for probably an hour and I couldn't get an orgasm with her, because she feels so much different from masturbating. Only while masturbating I can cum.

This sucks, because she thinks it is her fault.

:(
How's it going OP? Have you been able to stop wanking for a while? This sounds like the best advice in your circumstances. @TheUltimateFixx gave some good advice too.
Surely if you get yourself to the point where you're absolutely dying for a wank, then sex will be more than adequate??
I also meant to ask, are you on any medications or other drugs that may affect your libido? Opiates? Benzos? Stimulants? Pretty much all drugs bar cannabis seem to make it harder to cum IME.

How's it going OP? Have you been able to stop wanking for a while? This sounds like the best advice in your circumstances. @TheUltimateFixx gave some good advice too.
Surely if you get yourself to the point where you're absolutely dying for a wank, then sex will be more than adequate??
I also meant to ask, are you on any medications or other drugs that may affect your libido? Opiates? Benzos? Stimulants? Pretty much all drugs bar cannabis seem to make it harder to cum IME.
I have been masturbating while I've been by myself. We live in different cities with my gf, so there might be weeks that we don't see.

Yeah, I'm on a bunch of meds: an antipsychotic, SSRI and pregabalin. When I started pregabalin I noticed that it's harder to get that excited, and it made it so that I need a longer time to cum.

On the other hand: my girlfriend likes it, that I'm able to last for an hour or two. I've been trying to tell her, that I enjoy doing it even if I don't cum. :cool:

It sounds a lot to me like it's the meds, maybe tell your gf it's the meds, and that you still enjoy sex without cumming. Don't stop taking your meds of course. Hope she's understanding.

It's sex without all the baggage so you can have a lot better orgasms, we know our sweet spots. But it is less physically satisfying/exciting in general. I don't think wanking too much is necessarily a reason to prefer it. There's a lot of sensuality one can reach with oneself but many don't achieve that level or care to, just my .02

Orgasms suck……..HUH? ……wtf? Are u shitting me?

Climaxing is literally a drug. Literally. The pleasure centres of ur CNS explode with endorphins, dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin, etc ……I feel calm, relaxed, euphoric, happy, content, lovey duvy due to oxytocin cuddle hormone

Dopaminergic stimulants, Mu-Opioid Agonists, Palitable food (Sizzling juicy Serloin steak, Pizza, and SEX…..all target the same pleasure centre in the brain

I smoke a cigarette after with Jin cocktail……opioid, benzo, Cocaine or Ritalin, Ketamine……relax with gf while fireplace is roaring watching movie together after taking fresh shower together

Taking LSD and and having sensual, erotic, animalistic f@cking is like heaven ……damn man

You’re not doing something right….anyone how said orgasm sucks and drugs are better lol

Seriously……lol.

Last edited:
Orgasms suck……..HUH? ……wtf? Are u shitting me?
If you've been on a SSRI for most of your adult life like I was then orgasms suck literally and seemingly permanent, have been off any medication besides Kratom for almost a year now and no healing in sight.

I'd instantly trade orgasms for drugs. Not only more intense but also hours vs seconds.

Slowly wean off the SSRI if medically advisable and doc said ok

Loosing the use of your c@ck and experiencing powerful sexual pleasure is a crime against humanity

It’s the most pleasurable experience of natural life

SSRI totally kill sexual pleasure, just as benzodiazepine do….which I’m weaning off of now, cause it’s effecting my sexual pleasure experience

Hell fckn no

It's fucking depressing that docs throw SSRIs at anxious or depressed people, when they don't really work and they often dampen or even destroy people's sexualities - one thing that anyone can take pleasure in.
My gf was on sertraline for anxiety and it actually made her anxiety worse and killed her ability to orgasm... Like what the actual fuck!?

It's fucking depressing that docs throw SSRIs at anxious or depressed people, when they don't really work and they often dampen or even destroy people's sexualities - one thing that anyone can take pleasure in.
My gf was on sertraline for anxiety and it actually made her anxiety worse and killed her ability to orgasm... Like what the actual fuck!?
yup, probably overprescribed to the level that 80% at least shouldn't be on them

amazing drugs in rare-ish cases, absolutely shit drugs in the main though

Slowly wean off the SSRI if medically advisable and doc said ok
I'm off any medication or drugs with the exception of kratom for nearly a year now.

yup, probably overprescribed to the level that 80% at least shouldn't be on them
Definitely, I got my SSRI script not even for depression but social anxiety where it worked - for exactly 3 weeks or so of hypomania, then I was just taking the pills believing it was harmless. Now I have to pay the price, thought it'd be over with getting over that brutal, comparable to opiate in strength and symptoms, withdrawal but no chance, my sexual life is fucked for a verryy long time if not for forever, Only way for me to have somewhat okay sex is to take a SSRI again which just restarts the whole loop.

amazing drugs in rare-ish cases, absolutely shit drugs in the main though
There were a couple of amazingly sounding experimental, glutamatergic drugs but all got shelved because they don't work for everybody (but SSRIs do, huh?). like lanicemine etc.pp.

Not an option. My doc once lowered my citalopram dose, and I got so depressed I had to ask for it to be raised back to where it was. :(
I think chances are that you got discontinuation symptoms like I did with venlafaxine. Only way I could quit was by switching to fluoxetine with its week long half life and tapering that. Still got some brain zaps etc but no rebound depression and opioid like withdrawal as I got from quitting venlafaxine.

Those SSRI’s are f@ckn hell. I personally never taken any antidepressant except Bupropion (Wellbutrin) a Dopamine & Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Which DOES NOT effect sexual function. In fact, Bupropion is often given to enhance sexual desire in women and in men…..it’s a beta-ketone amphetamine with a Phenylethylamine skeletal backbone structure (like Khat)

SSRI’s are fuckn poison

Physical aerobic exercise 30min daily DRAMATICALLY increases Phenylethylamine metabolites in urine samples…..the bodies natural Amphetamine

Amphetamines are Alpha Methylated Phenylethylamines ……monoamine releasing agents…..increasing Dopamine, Serotonin, and Norepinephrine in the CNS

Unless you’re suicidal……try natural health supplements

Vitamin B50 Complex is absolutely essentsil
Zinc (increases testosterone with mood boosting properties)
Fish oil (omega 3, etc)
Many other mood boosting supplements …..like 5-7 I have, can’t name ‘‘em all on the spot

Obviously discuss with your doctor……but they get kickbacks from the sales rep to push f@ckn pills to their patients

Just my 2 cents….I’m one to talk, I’m on Methadone & Ritalin / d-amphetamines

Wish you all the best, really. God bless

I think chances are that you got discontinuation symptoms like I did with venlafaxine. Only way I could quit was by switching to fluoxetine with its week long half life and tapering that. Still got some brain zaps etc but no rebound depression and opioid like withdrawal as I got from quitting venlafaxine.
yeah I've heard plenty people say that venlaflaxine is incredibly difficult to come off

sounds like a switch to fluoxetine then taper should be tried by more / reccommended by the docs...similar process to switching from alprazolam to diazepam then taper

If what you're getting up to in bed isn't doing it for you, you need to switch things up a bit. Too many people feel awkward about letting their partners know exactly what they like and how they like it.
Also yes it's easy to get stuck on masturbation because you perfect that one tried-and-tested method that always delivers, and of course you don't have to take another person into account.

You might start experimenting by varying your masturbation habits so you can cum from different ways of self-stimulation. That will translate into partner sex. A lot of guys take a death grip on their dicks and tug off really roughly; if that's you and you do it that way all the time you're not going to get enough friction from normal sex so it's not gonna feel satisfying.

A good way to get around this is to practice teasing yourself with a lighter touch than usual and without going straight for the head and bashing away. For instance play with your balls, stroke the inside of your thigh, caress the shaft etc but leave the tip alone until you're ready to get down to business. If you only touch the most sensitive part once you're good to go all your nerve endings have fully woken up and you should find it then takes less pressure to get a 'result'.
I'd practice solo with a toy first (to simulate penetration) and then incorporate the 'warm-up' into the foreplay with your partner.
"It's just business"-the Godfather

Did any of you having problems cuz of SSRI-s tried drugs generally known as great addition to sex like 2c-b or foxy? Or maybe something like GHB as certainly bare anticipation to see if it’ll work out fine after a lot of time might cause enough anxiety to prevent you from having a good time no matter if it’s in a big part really caused as side effect of medications as with all sexual dysfunction it’s very likely in big part a mental problem than purely of physical and/or neurochemical nature (even it is documented as know side effect of a drug end cause of problem is not certain). There are countless examples of drugs improving tactile experience, bounding, lowering inhibitions or whatever else is needed to get you back in shape (ofc don’t forget inportance of exercise and good food on recovery) and more than likely whatever helps, you’ll work your way out of problems by time even without that chemical or whatever enhancement. Don’t give up, if problem was created over many years it’s nothing weird if years are needed to make it vanish.

Is it uncommon to prefer masturbation over sex? I have an extensive masturbation history, and I prefer it over having sex with my girlfriend. Sex doesn't really feel THAT good, and it's hard for me to cum. Just wondering if others feel the same
Is it uncommon to prefer masturbation over sex? I have an extensive masturbation history, and I prefer it over having sex with my girlfriend. Sex doesn't really feel THAT good, and it's hard for me to cum. Just wondering if others feel the same ...
How about mutual masturbation? It can be a win-win. ;)