• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Ideas on Amanita muscaria uses?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
So this year i picked a bunch of red Amanitas which ive made a tincture with.
(Got around 300g after drying them)

Basicly i cut them, dried them and then roast in the oven on low heat for a few hours.
Then i shred them to powder and put in a jar of vodka.
This gives me a even tincture since the mushrooms are known to vary great in potency.

My favorite use for Amanita muscaria is to take them during the afterglow on San Pedro or psilocybin mushrooms.
Its also a great sleep aid at lower doses etc.

Has anyone done any long term daily dosing and what did you notice from it?
Higher doses doesnt really interest me, ive done it once and it was def interesting.
However the risc of delirium makes me hesitate to try that again.

IMO after long experimentation -- muscimol is a teacher/healer substance on par w mescaline, L and ibogaine. it offers an extremely unique psychedelic headspace, in which you are extremely relaxed and grounded, making it an optimal agent for exploring trauma healing. It does seem to have some tolerance, almost like a serotonin agonist ligand in that daily use seems to have an escalating dose curve, however, this does not produce typical GABA withdrawal and damage response. which is amazing.
it appears that replacing GABA at the GABA-A site is not only not damaging to the site, it seems to help reset the receptor shape to be able to accept natural GABA again. i've found it intsrumental in repairing damage from benzos/ethanol etc.

IMO after long experimentation -- muscimol is a teacher/healer substance on par w mescaline, L and ibogaine. it offers an extremely unique psychedelic headspace, in which you are extremely relaxed and grounded, making it an optimal agent for exploring trauma healing. It does seem to have some tolerance, almost like a serotonin agonist ligand in that daily use seems to have an escalating dose curve, however, this does not produce typical GABA withdrawal and damage response. which is amazing.
it appears that replacing GABA at the GABA-A site is not only not damaging to the site, it seems to help reset the receptor shape to be able to accept natural GABA again. i've found it intsrumental in repairing damage from benzos/ethanol etc.

Are you talking pure muscimol or whole amanita? I'd be curious to know how you prepare it as I've always wanted to try amanitas. Why do I have the impression they're quite dangerous though?

Never tried muscaria....also around me is not present 'cause no coniferous.but i walk upon these while wanderin' other places...not sure if will try...but sounds interrestin indeed

Are you talking pure muscimol or whole amanita? I'd be curious to know how you prepare it as I've always wanted to try amanitas. Why do I have the impression they're quite dangerous though?
Just like "refer madness" its basicly propaganda to keep people away from natural medicine.

However there are some very lethal mushrooms in the Amanita family.
Esp the green and white ones.
But the red and yellow (Panther caps) are very safe if prepared correctly.

Amanita muscaria is safe. Other species are not. There is a lot of misconception about muscaria — it’s true you should process it and decarboxylate the ibotenic acid, however your liver will do that as well. I’ve taken excessive ibo and it’s unpleasant, but passes. There are multiple clearnet sources offering decarbed tinctures and other products for purchase. I go that route as the decarb routine is a pain in the ass (2.7 ph, simmer 3 hours at 170F).

Once I had some amanita muscaria, also found live mushrooms on the walks with my dog. I think this mushroom is a textbook example for propaganda related misinformation somehow but was still afraid and ended up not taking the material. :(

Once I had some amanita muscaria, also found live mushrooms on the walks with my dog. I think this mushroom is a textbook example for propaganda related misinformation somehow but was still afraid and ended up not taking the material. :(
Most mushroom literature classifies any psychoactive mushroom as “poisonous” which is silly and unproductive. :(

So can I pick them and dry them just like magic mushrooms? Is there anything special about ingesting them that I should know?

I'm not concerned about identifying the correct species. I know how to do that.

They say the most useful part is a cap skin....so u can deskined the fresh mushroom(always look for muscaria,not pantherina,which despite many folks said it works too,it is a more toxic specie) and dried the skin up.Than u can pulverise it and use it orally.The quantity is variable as the ammount of psychoactive of components of every mushroom even from one specie

So can I pick them and dry them just like magic mushrooms? Is there anything special about ingesting them that I should know?

I'm not concerned about identifying the correct species. I know how to do that.

They have a dubious reputation because of exactly that, the fact treat them like they would the psilocybin ones. It's important to consider them a whole different animal, because unless you want some extremely intense and unpleasant states, one needs to actually perform some kitchen chemistry on these in order to get the most out of 'em, and make for a physically pleasant experience, utterly mind-shredding as they will be nevertheless. Though if you insist on a comparison, imagine that with the magic mushrooms psilocin was indeed the portal into endless possibility, but that its prodrug psilocybin were toxic. That's what we're dealing with here.

And if you prepare 'em well, you have a substance that, through mechanisms still not well understood, invokes an experience quite reminiscent of the dissociative experience. It shouldn't be, considering the GABA-ergic emphasis within its psychopharmacology, yet for contextualizing within the total scope of exotic mental states what it does to the human mind there's no nearer category of effects. But it's quite the convenient distance removed yet near. It's the both the right proximity that allows meaningful and effective cross-potentiation, and both the right remoteness for having dissimilar enough effects summed. The dissociatives deepen with their clinical exactitude core aspects within the fungal psychomorphosis. And in turn the fungus adds organic aspects into the cold frankensteinian mindspace, a certain perennial biological interconnectedness that really isn't provided for by molecules being basically pepper married with nylon precursor and petrochemicals.

So you want to chemically cleave off a molecule of CO2 first. You don't want to just dry them, you want to do so at the proper temperature for decarboxylation without side-effects. And you don't want to ingest them (you can, but aside from nausea your trip will have weird instances of self-similarity as if to impress you with the realization you have eaten your own flesh), instead of exerting dominance by complete biological encapsulation, it provides a healthier relationship between your chemistry and creature's from the onset by organizing a forum in the form of a heated, aqueous environment which the common teacup could hold. Seriously though, tea is better, it will provide an additional breakdown of the ibotenic acid into muscimol. At that point you can also chemically aid this reaction by adding lemon juice. But note that adding juices will makes things harder once you recognize your liver as the best decarboxylation process in this list, and perform the radical yet logically implied act of urophagia. Also note that combining with dissociatives is to be done at the end of performing this biohack, as the metabolites of dissociatives are rather nephrotoxic, if another reason had to be provided apart from the horrendous taste.

I'm scared of them nowadays. Nothing else lets you see into infinity, not without a world of melting and fractal and other compartmentalizing fireworks, but seeing into infinity with a mind as clear as a sober one, if it weren't for the feeling of space that's indeed off as in Alice's Wonderland, size being a choice. The size of objects, and the size of mind. That's two of the reasons they're compared to dissociatives, textbook dissociative symptoms combined with a clean and seamless transition into baseline waking consciousness, even if the fabric of reality has just been ruptured and a complete dream state has bled into reality supernaturally weaving together the before and after.

They have a dubious reputation because of exactly that, the fact treat them like they would the psilocybin ones. It's important to consider them a whole different animal, because unless you want some extremely intense and unpleasant states, one needs to actually perform some kitchen chemistry on these in order to get the most out of 'em, and make for a physically pleasant experience, utterly mind-shredding as they will be nevertheless. Though if you insist on a comparison, imagine that with the magic mushrooms psilocin was indeed the portal into endless possibility, but that its prodrug psilocybin were toxic. That's what we're dealing with here.

And if you prepare 'em well, you have a substance that, through mechanisms still not well understood, invokes an experience quite reminiscent of the dissociative experience. It shouldn't be, considering the GABA-ergic emphasis within its psychopharmacology, yet for contextualizing within the total scope of exotic mental states what it does to the human mind there's no nearer category of effects. But it's quite the convenient distance removed yet near. It's the both the right proximity that allows meaningful and effective cross-potentiation, and both the right remoteness for having dissimilar enough effects summed. The dissociatives deepen with their clinical exactitude core aspects within the fungal psychomorphosis. And in turn the fungus adds organic aspects into the cold frankensteinian mindspace, a certain perennial biological interconnectedness that really isn't provided for by molecules being basically pepper married with nylon precursor and petrochemicals.

So you want to chemically cleave off a molecule of CO2 first. You don't want to just dry them, you want to do so at the proper temperature for decarboxylation without side-effects. And you don't want to ingest them (you can, but aside from nausea your trip will have weird instances of self-similarity as if to impress you with the realization you have eaten your own flesh), instead of exerting dominance by complete biological encapsulation, it provides a healthier relationship between your chemistry and creature's from the onset by organizing a forum in the form of a heated, aqueous environment which the common teacup could hold. Seriously though, tea is better, it will provide an additional breakdown of the ibotenic acid into muscimol. At that point you can also chemically aid this reaction by adding lemon juice. But note that adding juices will makes things harder once you recognize your liver as the best decarboxylation process in this list, and perform the radical yet logically implied act of urophagia. Also note that combining with dissociatives is to be done at the end of performing this biohack, as the metabolites of dissociatives are rather nephrotoxic, if another reason had to be provided apart from the horrendous taste.

I'm scared of them nowadays. Nothing else lets you see into infinity, not without a world of melting and fractal and other compartmentalizing fireworks, but seeing into infinity with a mind as clear as a sober one, if it weren't for the feeling of space that's indeed off as in Alice's Wonderland, size being a choice. The size of objects, and the size of mind. That's two of the reasons they're compared to dissociatives, textbook dissociative symptoms combined with a clean and seamless transition into baseline waking consciousness, even if the fabric of reality has just been ruptured and a complete dream state has bled into reality supernaturally weaving together the before and after.

Fucking rad post man

Sweet, also

So basically... heat and maybe add some juice to accelerate the process. I'm curious what traditional peoples did to prepare this. I'm aware that in Siberia they drank reindeer urine from the animals who consumed amanitas, so that their bodies did the pre-processing for them.

No reindeer in these parts and the prospect of drinking urine does not sound great... but your description still makes amanitas sound precarious if not prepared properly. This does not give license to them being "misunderstood" but actually makes it seem like they are quite well understood in the risks of taking them improperly.

Great post btw, especially your description of the high. I would love to feel that infinity feeling without all the distracting and illusory imagery. It's one thing that sometimes annoys me about psilocybin species and the other psychedelics. It's difficult to meditate on them because they won't visually STFU.

So basically... heat and maybe add some juice to accelerate the process. I'm curious what traditional peoples did to prepare this. I'm aware that in Siberia they drank reindeer urine from the animals who consumed amanitas, so that their bodies did the pre-processing for them.

No reindeer in these parts and the prospect of drinking urine does not sound great... but your description still makes amanitas sound precarious if not prepared properly. This does not give license to them being "misunderstood" but actually makes it seem like they are quite well understood in the risks of taking them improperly.

Great post btw, especially your description of the high. I would love to feel that infinity feeling without all the distracting and illusory imagery. It's one thing that sometimes annoys me about psilocybin species and the other psychedelics. It's difficult to meditate on them because they won't visually STFU.
The proper decarb process is ~ 2.7 PH aqueous solution simmer the material for 3 hours at 170f will decarb 90+% of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Alternately, many clearnet sites are offering decarbed tinctures etc, which is what I purchase.

The proper decarb process is ~ 2.7 PH aqueous solution simmer the material for 3 hours at 170f will decarb 90+% of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Alternately, many clearnet sites are offering decarbed tinctures etc, which is what I purchase.

Thanks a lot. I have an organic chem background so this is all I needed to know :)

Do you happen to know drying out amanitas changes this picture? I'm thinking more for storage, since amanitas are hard to come by and they are usually very seasonal.

Thanks a lot. I have an organic chem background so this is all I needed to know :)

Do you happen to know drying out amanitas changes this picture? I'm thinking more for storage, since amanitas are hard to come by and they are usually very seasonal.
if you dry them to cracker dry at 170, you will preserve them and achieve a partial decarb. some people just store them like this and eat them, however I find that the variance in alkaloids per cap makes this kind of unweildy.
A lot of folks in our amanita groups will store them dry, then make a large batch tincture and freeze the left over in ice cube trays to preserve the material and kinda make little "doses".
additionally - keeping the PH super acidic and adding some 40%+ ethanol to denature the tincture goes a long way to helping it stay good over time. I also keep my tincture that is not frozen refrigerated for same reasons.

if you dry them to cracker dry at 170, you will preserve them and achieve a partial decarb. some people just store them like this and eat them, however I find that the variance in alkaloids per cap makes this kind of unweildy.
A lot of folks in our amanita groups will store them dry, then make a large batch tincture and freeze the left over in ice cube trays to preserve the material and kinda make little "doses".
additionally - keeping the PH super acidic and adding some 40%+ ethanol to denature the tincture goes a long way to helping it stay good over time. I also keep my tincture that is not frozen refrigerated for same reasons.

I think I would do a decoction to achieve a full decarb, then I would preserve the decoction in ethanol at low pH.

My amanita goop (coarsely strained heavily reduced acid-boiled for several hours) is viscous rather than solid in the freezer. I find that somewhat fascinating.

My amanita goop (coarsely strained heavily reduced acid-boiled for several hours) is viscous rather than solid in the freezer. I find that somewhat fascinating.
must be highly concentrated. but yeah, that is fascinating. does it have ethanol in it or purely aqueous?
the froze examples I see are aqeuous and not super concentrated. There's a lot of really cool amanita facebook groups with preparation teks, and whole communities discussing just amanita use.