• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Prose Informants?

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Informants? Think about that for a second. In what other sphere of your life, do you have informants?

How is it we so quickly accept this as normal?

-----

It's amazing what a human being can fit into that category, isn't it? Atrocities are driven by some leading zealot, sure, but the bulk of the machinery progresses via the acceptance of whatever is occurring by the mass of the people. The most horrifying thing you can conjure is just normalcy to some other person at some other time in some other place. We hope to, as a species, be moving generally toward a state where, in each subsequent generation, it is much more likely that the things that horrify were normal in previous generations than that they will become normal in subsequent generations. I believe that we are, indeed, going in that direction; thus, the judgement of future generations weighs heavily. What horror will my behaviours elicit in other humans long after I'm gone? And how far down this thought-path can you go before you become ethically paralyzed?

-----

There's a fly in the apartment. There's not much life here: just me, the plant, and the fly. I consider my visceral compulsion to smash it. It's bothering me, after all: landing on me, tickling my skin, stirring me from sleep. That killer compulsion. Nurtured from a very young age.

I think of my cat. All the nights he kept me up, mewling for attention and pawing at my face. The money I spent on keeping him alive and well fed.

This living thing is annoying me, mildly, and I want to kill it.

It just wants to be near me. It's not hurting me.

It just wants to be near me. It's not hurting me.
By "informant" do we mean a person, animal or thing trying to give insight or help our progression?
My mind on the definition of "informant" is like most I assume... someone telling on another for some real or imagined transgression of another or the selling of drugs or the like.
peace

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing, S.J.B. :)

Thank you!

By "informant" do we mean a person, animal or thing trying to give insight or help our progression?
My mind on the definition of "informant" is like most I assume... someone telling on another for some real or imagined transgression of another or the selling of drugs or the like.
peace

Just the normal sense of the word, specifically in the context of drug users. This was stream-of-consciousness and the first two sections are only loosely connected.

And how far down this thought-path can you go before you become ethically paralyzed?
Oh yeah! Good one!

I think I might have asked myself this question many years ago. Today, I'm over it. Or just changed the focus as on what to worry about more in the direction of the second paragraph (the fly).

Informants ... They're everywhere,and always have been.

Yes yes, weve all thought the fly might be an informant at one point or another along our drug journey, that is what you were getting at, right?

The fly is a spy agency drone you need to get out of there now