• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Introduce Yourself! Version: Hello! Hola! Bonjour! 你好!

So wait, you'd like to bid $10,000 - for a date? With me? :D

Can my girlfriend come too?? I think we can arrange some sort of scenario where this will work. =D

But id have to charge more for the extra party involved.
We can work something out;) It would be a great way to 'introduce' my self.

Hello to all, new to the forum but not nyc--likely a lifer. Okay, let me just say it. I'm 61 and come to think of it there is a good side to getting older; you grow more comfortable in your own skin. Long story short, first heroin habit at 15 and minus a few interruptions paying dues to the state continued for 32
years. Never was a pill popper until cutting dope and, several years later, methadone loose. Couldn't sleep. Began taking 2mgs. xanax once a day @ hr. of sleep. Honest, big mistake, should have toughed it out. Having been through the war It seemed I thought I earned the right to get some help shutting my
brain off at days end. Yeah....I'm a woman and I know the dark side. I hope I can serve myself and others here at bluelight.

^^ Welcome to Bluelight!!!! :)

Always great to see new members who are experienced and eager to contribute!

But id have to charge more for the extra party involved.
We can work something out;) It would be a great way to 'introduce' my self.

Done! ;)

Wow, My first post on BL after endless hours of reading others posts...here goes...!
I'm 32, female and live in Australia. What has bought me to TDS is my following history and current situation-
16-18yrs- pot and grog, usual teen stuff
18-22yrs old- moved to different state, addicted to Heroin, morphine, any narcotic, served time in prison for 5
months and eventually kicked the habit by using methadone correctly. This was my darkest years, i would also use anything i could get my hands on; speed, weed, trips, pills etc
22-25yrs old- managed to keep any use to the weekends and "settled down", would party with pills, speed/meth, weed and grog. Got a job
25-30yrs old- Discovered Tramadol, discovered it was even nicer with Codeine; stayed on my own maintenance dose of 150mg-200mg Tramal daily with about 60mg codeine. A kind doctor gave me 2mg Xanax daily for the 5 years too...smoked weed nightly as held down a job
30-present- I've been in rehab twice last year, the first time using the excuse of my prescription addiction to family when i was also fighting a losing battle with speed/meth. I've just scored a job after resigning from a job I loved last year all thanks to my new found addition making me lose my mind, so really really need to kick it! I can't run to rehab again, I need to do it in real life! No one knows, not even my partner (we live separately though) or my family :( I use IV and now I've finally got a new job and reason to get up in the morning and a daily purpose besides scoring, I really really need to kick this crap! I've been an addict all my life :( so that's me...hi everyone :)

Im Bella, 32.. First tried H when I was 12, (first drug i ever touched) and instantly took to it.. Always said I was going to die a junkie, and I didn't care.. At 24, I got sober, but did so in a terrible way, by trying to "sleep" off my sickness with a bunch of benzos.. Was sober for 6 years, then I made an incredibly bad decision, to which lead me to slipping and I started using again.. That was 2 years ago.. And now, I'm trying to pull myself back up, not so well, but I'm trying..

Wow, My first post on BL after endless hours of reading others posts...here goes...!
I'm 32, female and live in Australia. What has bought me to TDS is my following history and current situation-
16-18yrs- pot and grog, usual teen stuff
18-22yrs old- moved to different state, addicted to Heroin, morphine, any narcotic, served time in prison for 5
months and eventually kicked the habit by using methadone correctly. This was my darkest years, i would also use anything i could get my hands on; speed, weed, trips, pills etc
22-25yrs old- managed to keep any use to the weekends and "settled down", would party with pills, speed/meth, weed and grog. Got a job
25-30yrs old- Discovered Tramadol, discovered it was even nicer with Codeine; stayed on my own maintenance dose of 150mg-200mg Tramal daily with about 60mg codeine. A kind doctor gave me 2mg Xanax daily for the 5 years too...smoked weed nightly as held down a job
30-present- I've been in rehab twice last year, the first time using the excuse of my prescription addiction to family when i was also fighting a losing battle with speed/meth. I've just scored a job after resigning from a job I loved last year all thanks to my new found addition making me lose my mind, so really really need to kick it! I can't run to rehab again, I need to do it in real life! No one knows, not even my partner (we live separately though) or my family :( I use IV and now I've finally got a new job and reason to get up in the morning and a daily purpose besides scoring, I really really need to kick this crap! I've been an addict all my life :( so that's me...hi everyone :)

Hiya I'm a codeine addict - now on suboxone, welcome to BL.
Sorry for all you've been through,
Evey xxx

Hi, my name is clint (rowdy is my nickname)

I have alcoholism in my blood which eventually caught up with me in the last few years, i have abused amphetamines (meth and dexamphetamine) and have wasted alot of the last 3 years on codeine. I have a brand new house and a great job as a supervisor of a electrical/mechanical workshop, and i want to be clean and sober, so i want to make myself known and get my life on track, as soon as i found this forum i knew this is what i needed.

^ Welcome! Good on you for wanting to become sober <3 So many on here have succeeded.

Hey guys,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while... finally decided to make an account.

It helps me a lot to hear about other people getting through tough times (makes me feel less alone...), not to mention hearing the advice and compassion a lot of the regulars here are quick to dispense.

You guys probably help more people than you realize. <3

Hey star.fox! Welcome to bluelight/TDS =D

We're happy to have you here & hope you stick around posting so we can get to know you. You're certainly not alone when you have bluelight in your life <3

Hi star.fox :) cool name ;), we're almost twins <3. Welcome! Glad you've decided to join in =D!

Hi - I am Atelier

I am a mid 40s guy who has had lifelong problems with IV stims (of all kinds - not fussy). I also have serious psychiatric problems i.e. Bi-Polar I, schizoaffective disorder and pure OCD (thoughts only).

I have had good recoveries over the years but nothing has ever stuck - mainly I think because I have never got on top of my triggers.

My hope here is to learn more about how similar my problems are to others and to get some perspective on getting of both prescribed and illicit drugs.

So far so good - I am learning a lot.

Hi atelier welcome to bluelight. I hope you find some recovery stories that will inspire you.

When you see shows like intervention, addicted, and movies like candy, requiem for a dream, etc, or read books about rockstars with crazy heroin addictions, you think that can't happen to me, especially if you haven't had a rough childhood. I do have parents that are together. I do have a normal childhood, a middle class family, and parents who love unconditionally, with good jobs. I never went hungry, I'm in college and my parents are paying for it. Often people assume that you have to have been abused, molested, orphaned, or a bad kid to become a heroin addict. In reality, heroin can consume anyway. Heroin doesn't care about what you look like, where you live, how much money you have, your reputation; heroin is an evil drug with evil intentions of taking over your life and haunting your dreams. I'm reaching out to those who already are addicted. I've been addicted for a year, although I was clean for two months this summer. My story is unique, but I'm sure there are others who have been through something similar.

I dated a guy in high school who showed me heroin for the first time. It was my freshman year of college and I drove to the shore out of pure loneliness. I had roxies, he had dope. He said it was the same thing, so I tried it. Little did I know, a year later, I would be a full blown needle junkie. When my parents found out after my roommate found a syringe in our bathroom, they were frantic. They didn't send me to rehab, just sent me to study abroad to Barcelona for the summer. I don't know the thought process either, but they didn't know how bad I really was, and I promised them I'd get clean. So I took subs and they drug tested me, and managed to stay clean all summer. Last summer was fantastic, although I did get cravings. The night I came home, after 2 months, I relapsed.

Now, I'm living in college, day by day, continuously shooting up heroin and using every penny I make at a supermarket cashier job to feed my addiction. I know how to stop, but now I'm worse than I was before. I can't stand the constant withdrawals, every morning. It's horrible. But for some reason, I can't stop. I don't want to hit a bottom, that's retarded. What if I'm dead before I hit a bottom? I have always, like I said before, felt selfish for being a privileged drug addict. But now I realize, it isn't my choice anymore. I have lost friends, I feel as though I can't function without the drug, socially, mentally, physically, and need a way out. I'm just scared. Which is why I came here. You all seem open, and helpful. I'm hoping to receive some advice and stories similar to mine. And am fully willing to give some in return. Sorry for the novel, and thanks to everyone.

-Best of Wishes, L

Hi - I am Atelier

Hey!

TDS is a great place to introduce yourself to!

You will find many threads and people to express yourself to, and in regards to stims and mental health your in the right place. Maybe check the mental health section for more specific topics?

Feel free to PM me for any questions, and enjoy the community you have entered.

Respect SK

Last edited:
FunctionalGirl - You described my story in college, the only difference being that I worked at the supermarket's Deli.

Semantics.

You know how to stop, objectively, as you say. Do you think, given the right motivator, you could actually transition from cognitively understanding how, to putting it into practice/action?

Though I am a DJ... well, that was one transition I could never make on my own. :|