• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Nicotine addictive like crack?

Nicotine seems to be ok,,it's the smoking that's killing the users.
Nicotine its self is a carcinogen. Yes the added chemicals in cigs help your demise and the carbon monoxide and tar is horrid but alas nicotine itself will eventually give some of us cancer. This is why some people develop kidney cancer instead of lung cancer or why American wet snuff ( dip ) will give you throat cancer/ stomach cancer. Nic also is damaging to the heart and vascular system. Refer to the third law of thermodynamics….” No one get a free lunch “
Best

Nicotine its self is a carcinogen. Yes the added chemicals in cigs help your demise and the carbon monoxide and tar is horrid but alas nicotine itself will eventually give some of us cancer. This is why some people develop kidney cancer instead of lung cancer or why American wet snuff ( dip ) will give you throat cancer/ stomach cancer. Nic also is damaging to the heart and vascular system. Refer to the third law of thermodynamics….” No one get a free lunch “
Best
Want a ciggy? Just got a pack 🚬 w00t

Organic or self grown tobacco without toxic additives would be good also. I think American Spirit Tobacco is quite good in that regard but I prefer nicotine pouches as they are like snus (Swedish snus) as I am from Scandinavia (North Europe).
Unfortunately there's no such thing as good tobacco. It naturally contains a couple of pretty strong carcinogens/mutagens known as tobacco-specific nitrosamines, the main ones are N-Nitrosonornicotine (NNN) and nicotine nitrosamine ketone (NKK) which are both group 1 carcinogens. They're one of the reasons why even smokeless tobacco is also carcinogenic. Moreover, tobacco leaves have somewhat high amounts of radioactive elements such as polonium-210, this is because the tobacco plant is exceptionally good at absorbing all kinds of nasty stuff from the soil. And that's without even going into the many other carcinogens that are formed during the combustion process.

So yeah that's why good e-liquids, patches and gum only use synthetic nicotine insteady of tobacco extracts which are inherently carcinogenic.

They say there's no magic bullet and generally I'd agree with that statement in life. However,, I'd call vaping a magic bullet to be honest. It's basically changed a smoker to a non smoker health-wise.

And that's without counting no more passive smoking and other crap like stained teeth and stinking breath/hair.

Last edited:
They say there's no magic bullet and generally I'd agree with that statement in life. However,, I'd call vaping a magic bullet to be honest. It's basically changed a smoker to a non smoker health-wise.

And that's without counting no more passive smoking and other crap like stained teeth and stinking breath/hair.
Just that vaping leaves one with a feeling of missing out on something, at least it did so for me, I was ODing a couple of times before I realized that. My way out of smoking was snorting tobacco, not just is it a superior stimulant compared to smoking but there is only like 10% the cravings.

Kind of a tiny bit random 😅 but it has to do with nicotine addiction.
It might sound crazy to some people but my sister and I have this genetic thing (mutation?) where we don’t get fully 100% addicted to nicotine like most people. I smoked cigarettes for like 6 years but I could very very easily not smoke for a week or a month and be fine , whereas most people I know freak out if they haven’t had any nicotine in 2-3 hours.

I researched the genetic thing online because my friends and I thought it was kind of wild. There’s legit scientific papers I’ve read about it.
When I smoked I mostly just liked the act of smoking,the “ritual” but I don’t smoke anymore because I felt like I smoked long enough and it’s easy for me to quit.

Also cigarettes can go well with certain drugs or all drugs lol, as most people know. Opiates/opioids while smoking is very nice. Extra enjoyable. And I remember when I used to drink alcohol years ago it made cigarettes even better.

Maybe I've got that mutation too, because I have also never had withdrawals from nicotine. Despite 24.7 vaping or heavy one pack or more a day smoking, or a can of dip every 2 days (If I already said this in this thread my bad, I said it somewhere around here the other day). Don't get me wrong, I get cravings like a motherfucker, but periodically I just stop and it's not a big deal. I think about it constantly for a couple of days and then often for another week and then it's out of my life. But I always start again, and as someone said earlier, it's always because my friends are all vaping or smoking and it makes me want it and then once I actually buy another vape (smoking is just gross to me anymore, I prefer vaping, but with vaping I always end up on the strongest nicotine concentration I can find and vape 24/7, like probably 1000 hits a day, I have hit it 3 times since I started writing this post, and am about to go read in bed, whereupon I will hit it many more times, and it will be the last thing I do before I turn off the light, and the first thing I do when I wake up... and if I wake up in the middle of the night I will hit it reflexively). So yeah, very heavy user, but never had any physical withdrawal at all. Like absolutely none. I actually feel better when I don't use nicotine, I have less anxiety and feel more comfortable physically, it's just that I crave it. And I have no idea why I crave it because I don't like how it feels when I do feel it.

Nicotine is a weird ass drug. It kinda creeps me out how it can make me so addicted (not dependent, but certainly mentally addicted, for sure). Every other drug I have a problem with, I do it because it makes me feel good, there is a high that I enjoy. But not nicotine, I actively dislike the feeling (I don't really feel it noticeably once I get into a habit, though when I don't have it and don't do it, I notice I feel better). So why am I so compulsed to do it?

Just that vaping leaves one with a feeling of missing out on something, at least it did so for me, I was ODing a couple of times before I realized that. My way out of smoking was snorting tobacco, not just is it a superior stimulant compared to smoking but there is only like 10% the cravings.
Sublingual tobacco is also a superior stimulant. Chewing tobacco, dip, my favorite was chewing on cigars, you got smoke and chew both.

I've also had nasal snuff. You're right, the effect is way more stimulating than smoking cigs.

For sublingual, I do think that the cravings are worse in some ways. You're building up a pretty high dose of nicotine through the day.

I was drinking last night and nearly had a cigar. Many use that as their rule to avoid addiction, they only smoke when they drink. I'm glad I did not succumb today.

I mean…they’re both addictive
crack tastes a whole lot better, gets you really fucked up, steals your soul, and makes you think about crack.. alot… but I only throw money at crack when it’s offered to me. I throw money at the corner store guy every day for cigarettes

I was in the hospital for a few years and was able to quit that way. Other than one pack, I'm still sober off cigarettes. My heart feels great!
Sugar is 6 times more addictive than cocaine. Nicotine is the most addictive substance on earth.

I smoke cigarillos and a pipe. Have nicotine mints but they’re awful. Patches and gum are what help me most.

I quit for the first time since I was 12 for 3 months last year, but I had to put my dog of 16 years down and I couldn’t take the stress, so started up again unfortunately.

I mean…they’re both addictive
crack tastes a whole lot better, gets you really fucked up, steals your soul, and makes you think about crack.. alot… but I only throw money at crack when it’s offered to me. I throw money at the corner store guy every day for cigarettes
At least you have vape to fall back on. Crack has no alternative.

Can you vape crack?

All drugs should be legal anyway with the exception of cocaine fentanyl and meth. Xd those need tighter control or other measures but the rest could and should be freely available.
Yeah but if we legalize all of it and make it easier to obtain legitimately there’s significantly less use for fentanyl.. at least for most people that is. meth will just be cleaner and better all around a
At least you have vape to fall back on. Crack has no alternative.

Can you vape crack?
sure fucking can.. we’ll I can think of at least one way. And just don’t run out of cigarettes problem solved and keep lighters laying around

Crack is kinda stupid and easier to quit because it is stupid - it's hard on your lungs too- crack is more addictive while you're actually smoking it

Nicotine is a pain in the ass and hard to quit because it's just easier to pickup a smoke while you're pretty much doing anything... You can just stop and go have a smoke

So they're a lot different if you ask me

And I haven't had any nicotine in over 10 years now after smoking on and off for about 25 years - started when I was 12

I never did the vape thing other than when I used it as an oral fixation for the first couple weeks that I quit cigs - but not the last time - the last time I just quit and that was that

I haven't done any yayo in about 3 years now - I don't like it anymore so I'm done with that too - this time I'm not coming out of retirement

This is such an interesting question. I smoked cigarettes for over 10 years. My last cigarette was the day I got admitted to hospital before my first open heart surgery. April 1st 2017. I always told myself if I ever got sick I'd quit. And I sure did. I hated cigarettes. I was heavily addicted to IV heroin and crack/cocaine (take your pick since its all the same once you get it ready for IV...cocaine hydrochloride or cocaine citrate, whatever, its a salt). Anyways, after my third open heart surgery and I knew I couldn't IV anymore I started smoking crack. At some point crack had that same calming feeling of smoking a cigarette. I'd be in my car or walking outside smoking my crack pipe like it was a cigarette. It was so hard to stop both of them. Something about the ritual itself is as addicting as the needle. Haven't touch a cigarette since 2017 or a crack pipe since 2020.
I'm surprised you said, "something about the ritual is as addicting as the needle". I thought I was alone thinking this way.

I used to do cocaine a year ago (I was only on it briefly and never got addicted to it, luckily) - there's something about the ritual of taking some powder from a baggie, using a credit card and money (or straw), and snorting that makes the ritual itself addicting. This was further intensified (at least for me) by how the movies portray cocaine use (see Wolf of Wall Street, for example, and countless other examples); and interviews of people saying how the "crazy rich bankers" do cocaine as their "go-to drug" - that psychologically made me feel doing cocaine was somehow "cool" and "sexy" (that was the most addicting part than the actual stimulant effect of cocaine itself at least for me personally) - that made me feel I am somehow part of the "elite".

You can vape crack??
You remember those vape atomizers that you had to keep dripping e liquid in remove cotton insert choreboy can’t see why it wouldn’t work gets red hot should be plenty hot unless it runs out the bottom maybe I’m wrong who knows?

Yeah but if we legalize all of it and make it easier to obtain legitimately there’s significantly less use for fentanyl.. at least for most people that is. meth will just be cleaner and better all around a

sure fucking can.. we’ll I can think of at least one way. And just don’t run out of cigarettes problem solved and keep lighters laying around
The thing thry need to do Is give real heroin for maintenance therapy, instead of shitty frntanyl. That scourge needs to disappear from the drug supplies, once everyone is stabilized on it, thry csn work and emphasize on mental health, physical, trauma, rehab, etc. Give all the love those ppl seek in DRUGS..,., much of luv for everyone going thru tough times...2n.2 l.
..,@🤙🏻🤙🏻💯💯🤭🤭🤭🤙
Nico

,@