• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is opiod addiction the worst addiction?

Byzek

Bluelighter
I was wondering if opiod or opiates or however u call it the worst addiction.
Is a heroin user the end station?

Who said it is? Society?

It certainly has a mythical status and urban legend, but alcohol kills exponentially more people than heroin and ruins far more lives.
yea I am so happy I stopped drinking. I use to drink all the time and I was living my life one beer to the next and hangovers while at work. I haven't had a drink in 2.5 years and honestly it was the best choice I ever made

yea I am so happy I stopped drinking. I use to drink all the time and I was living my life one beer to the next and hangovers while at work. I haven't had a drink in 2.5 years and honestly it was the best choice I ever made
24 days sober here :)

Alcohol is so bad man, so hard on the body. I used to almost beg to go back to heroin, because it doesn't destroy your body like alcohol.

24 days sober here :)

Alcohol is so bad man, so hard on the body. I used to almost beg to go back to heroin, because it doesn't destroy your body like alcohol.
Congratulations, its a day by day process. I did a lot of virtual AA during the peak of covid times to help with the loneliness. Between that and dating, is what kept me from drinking. it was difficult at first to go on dates and not have anything to drink. But I got use to sitting at a bar or tables and drinking soda. I got really into running and working out. I remember I was like 270lb and within one month of not drinking I dropped to 230 lol I had so much water weight it was ridiculous.

Who said it is? Society?

It certainly has a mythical status and urban legend, but alcohol kills exponentially more people than heroin and ruins far more lives.
Science ... just google drugs harm chart.
Heroin is on top if that.

Alkohol is nothing lol.
Like the whole world is consuming alcohol.
Interesting how it would be if everybody would smoke crack.
And then tell me whats worse drinking a beer a day or smoking a crack pipe a day.

Benzo addiction was far worse than any opioid addiction I've ever had. That said it was different. Opioids felt like more of a true addiction in the sense that I could never get enough, always needing higher and higher doses (that's how I wound up on 380mg/day of methadone unfortunately).

But severe alcoholism is likely the worst of the worst however. Fortunately, that's one drug I've never been physically addicted to. Even when I used to drink large amounts every night, in amounts to cause me to lose consciousness, when I suddenly stopped I had no real withdrawal whatsoever (to my surprise), on a little difficulty sleeping perhaps. Severe alcohol withdrawal only occurs when you drink around the clock, then suddenly stop. Fortunately i've never liked the effect alcohol (don't find it euphoric or even anxiolytic, but I drink at night, perhaps because I can, or maybe boredom).

Yeah, benzo addiction is no joke. I've seen some gnarly videos of a guy detoxing from Xanax and he couldn't stop shaking and whimpering. I don't know why he CT'd it, maybe he just ran out, Idk, but it was extremely disturbing to see. Coming off alcohol is probably just about the same, but I've heard Phenibut withdrawal is even worse than benzos.

Opioid addiction and withdrawal can be managed in so many ways that the others cannot. There's tons of gabagenic herbs, magnesium, black seed oil, etc that can aid opioid withdrawal a lot.