• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV Methylphenidate

jamesBrown

Bluelighter
Anyone here have any experience IV'ing ritalin(methylphenidate)???
Ive heard it works pretty good without causing any more negative side effects than any other typical IV'ed pill.(i.e. clogged veins, etc..)

If so....whats the best method?....I heard that your supposed to use alot of water....true??

hen iw was iv ing ritalin. What id do was crush 2-4 10mg tablets in a spoon, somtimes more but very rarely, and add about 15 units of water for every tab, using a 3ml without a tip.
Disolve as much as u can using the plunger from the needle. You dont have to wory about getting chalk on this one because it will be filtered out.
Draw up all the milky water and sit while you prep another 3ml by placing two venti filters inside the end of it so that when u push your solution through it all of the filler will be caught. Backfill this needle with your ritalin solution and slowly push on the plunger...
Very slowly clear water begins to drip out (into a spoon obviously) when all of the liquid has passed through use a 1ml insulin to draw it up, thru another filter on the spoon.

Have fun.

This method works quite well and you dont end up with cchunks of talk in your viens. It may loose a little potency but ive found it always works and very well.

Try this and let me know what you think

I IV MPH on a somewhat regular basis, I find what's great is that I get a rush and, albeit much less euphoric than IV coke, I don't have the horrible cravings that I do after even a few shots of coke 8o

I've had AD/HD since prior to age seven and used to take Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts). I hated the ups and downs. That and the fact that I'm a user, I choose to go the non-stimulant route, taking above the "max dose" (based on children) of Strattera (atomoxetine, the only "FDA approved" non-stimulant AD/HD med). I got about 30% symptom mitigation, at least at first. After 7 years it quit working completely, so now I take it with Vyvance (lisdexamphetamine, MUCH better and much smoother than Adderall IR).

Prior to getting scripted Vyvance, my tolerance was low and I could get a nice rush off five 10mg blistered Novartis Ritalin pills- btw, I mean a rather INTENSE rush, if you have no tolerance, PLEASE don't use my usage as a guidline of any sort, I tend to require/want large amounts of all drugs :\

I simply break each pill into fourths and backload it into a 3ml syringe (sans the needle)- then, I insert the plunger, get the water nice and hot, and fill the syringe to the 2ml mark (holding it upright of course). Although the solution goes to the 2ml mark, I pull the syringe to the 3ml mark- that "extra" 1ml of air allows for more vigorous, effective shaking. I shake it for a mere 30 seconds or so, then fill it to capacity and shake a little more. I like this method as it avoids having to crush the pills (more opportunity for unsterile conditions) and it completely dissolves the pills :)

Note that the solution is CLOUDY and MILKY at 50mg in 3ml 8o ... you think you'll have to pre-filter with cottons, then use 2 different sizes of micron-filters. However, filtering it through a single Jumbo cotton ball packed in a 12ml syringe produces a solution that looks like water =D I'm not saying NOT to use a micron filter, simply that I'm surprised such a milky solution filters out so well with cotton- crystal clear :)

Anyway, you'll of course have less than 3ml after filtering. Now, I'm on bupe maintenance; however, I've discovered I can continue taking my bupe and STILL GET HIGH on pentazocine (I have a thread on IV pentazocine and bupe). I've found I don't like the actual high all that much (that is, 50mg IV pent or so); however, I love the rush... I only need 10 or perhaps 20mg pent to greatly intensify the rush of the methylphenidate =D

So, since I have less than 3ml of solution, I basically repeat the above except with less water and using pent instead of MPH. I then mix this with the MPH in a new, sterile 3ml syringe, add a Luer Lok tip, and it's off to the races %)

EDIT: I HAVE shot MPH using only a 1ml syringe- however, the most I've put in there (and still gotten a clear solution after one pass through compacted cotton) is two 10mg pills.

Last edited:
you can always use more than one syringe to filter and along with sucking up through a cotton ball with no needle you can load cotton in the back of a syringe and push a solution through coming out crystal clear that was once cloudy with gunk with minimal work/cost.

Wow, I would say 20mg would do you well for the first time, unless you have a tolerance.
I do 50 units/.5cc per 10mg and it works fine. Best to get 1CC syringes though, filter until you can see the numbers through the liquid. Don't want all that shit in your veins. Use a little more water if you filter more than once, because the pill powder + filter will absorb a little.

**In my experience**
If I do it right I get a nice rush.. But a minute or two later I feel basically brain dead and cannot figure out what to do with myself. This lasts for 2 hours, for me.

Last edited:
Without micron filtering, there is still a considerable amount of talc that is dissolved in the water. You cannot see it because the particles are too fine.

I would strongly consider micron filtering if you are going to continue to inject MPH via Ritalin tablets.

I mentioned filtering multiple times, because not everyone has access/privacy enough, or can afford micron filtering. Filtering multiple times is your best alternate, although not a very good one.

"Captain.Heroin" is definitely right though, if you've not searched around. Micron filters filter talc, binders/fillers (talc is a filler/binder), and also bacteria that could possibly cause something bad to happen (am I wrong?).

I mentioned filtering multiple times, because not everyone has access/privacy enough, or can afford micron filtering. Filtering multiple times is your best alternate, although not a very good one.

"Captain.Heroin" is definitely right though, if you've not searched around. Micron filters filter talc, binders/fillers (talc is a filler/binder), and also bacteria that could possibly cause something bad to happen (am I wrong?).

Nope, you are correct. :)

Filtering with compacted cotton is good, it helps remove large particles & insolubles which are typically really bad for you.

Bacteria wouldn't originate from the pills themselves, and is something you want to avoid when IVing anything, but that goes without saying.

**In my experience**
If I do it right I get a nice rush.. But a minute or two later I feel basically brain dead and cannot figure out what to do with myself. This lasts for 2 hours, for me.

Sounds icky IMO, I never liked that effect when coming down from cocaine. Then again DRI's are not something I was ever very fond of.

That same simple way you use to prep black works also a little heal not much makes everything separate nicely and do compact cotton as best possible. It's not a complex process.

Ritalin and Dilaudids was my fuel when i was still on the needle.

10 or 20 mg or so IV'd would make me speed my nuts off. Stimulant psychosis took a hold real fast, and i heard my parents talk about me outside my window, even though they live in a different country. I also added Diphenhydramine to the mix when i wasn't shooting Dillies and Ritalin, DPH and Heroin go so well together...

Yeah, that lasted about a month and a half before i got wheeled into rehab.

I'll teach u the right was to use Ritalin intervieniously. First : u take 2 20 mg Ritalin. I break them into 4's and put then in a soup poon. I add 60 cc of water. Then u heat the spoon. Use the flat end of the plunger and crush the Ritalin till it dissolved. Then heat it until the Ritalin and water separate. Use a big cotton ball and draw it up. Shoot in veins. SECOND: take 50 cc of water and put it on top of the already used Ritalin. U get 2 hits off it. Do the same thing as the first time. Heat it up till it separates, fresh cotton ball. Now needles get clogged easy. Ritalin is thick. I like to microwave water and use it to rinse needle out with between usage. If needle does get clogged, just take plunger out and pour blood and all back in to spoon. And draw it up with a fresh needle. But u can get 2 hits from each spoonful.

I've been doing this for 15 years. I know what I'm doing. And its all that I can do and pass a drug screen. They watch like Hawks. My once a month splurge when I get my script filled.

How to inject Methylphenidat: You don't
It's terrible for your helath and you achive nothing by IV'ing it, just take it orally.

And if one insists on IV'ing it, don't heat it and use a micron filter

I'll teach u the right was to use Ritalin intervieniously. First : u take 2 20 mg Ritalin. I break them into 4's and put then in a soup poon. I add 60 cc of water. Then u heat the spoon. Use the flat end of the plunger and crush the Ritalin till it dissolved. Then heat it until the Ritalin and water separate. Use a big cotton ball and draw it up. Shoot in veins. SECOND: take 50 cc of water and put it on top of the already used Ritalin. U get 2 hits off it. Do the same thing as the first time. Heat it up till it separates, fresh cotton ball. Now needles get clogged easy. Ritalin is thick. I like to microwave water and use it to rinse needle out with between usage. If needle does get clogged, just take plunger out and pour blood and all back in to spoon. And draw it up with a fresh needle. But u can get 2 hits from each spoonful.

I've been doing this for 15 years. I know what I'm doing. And its all that I can do and pass a drug screen. They watch like Hawks. My once a month splurge when I get my script filled.

That is some solidly horrifying advice. Utterly reckless. Dangerously irresponsible.

Isn't the talc in Ritalin tablets quite dangerous to inject? I would definitely want to use a more thorough filtration process than simply using cotton, that's for sure...although it just generally sounds like a bad idea, really.

Isn't the talc in Ritalin tablets quite dangerous to inject? I would definitely want to use a more thorough filtration process than simply using cotton, that's for sure...although it just generally sounds like a bad idea, really.
Yes, it can clogg up your veins or alveoli

Talc is not water soluble but there is other shit that is and a shot looks clear and feels great but i heard (and noticed) it fucks up the small blood vessels in the retina and you end up seeing "floaters" when looking at something bright, like semi transparent dots that float around your visual perception. Never had a problem with abcesses or any local complications though when i miss a little, but the eye thing is scary enough so i only do it every ten days or so.

Its not the drug that "clogs" up your blood vessels. Injecting causes scar tissue to form on the outside and inside walls which over time lessens the lumen, thiknes of the vessel and slows blood flow through said vessel. The scar tissue and slow blood flow are perfect for trombs to form further decreasing the lumen and flow. Trust me, im a Doctor (Dentist but still a doc =) )

This is very very dangerous, please do not do this

If you're gonna do them that way then you don't need to heat the pills, just gently whisk the powder into like 80-90 units of water. Unless they're ER's in which case there's no way theyd be anything resembling "safe" iv'd with a cotton. It's been shown cottons don't actually filter much of anything at all, at least in terms of stuff that wouldn't have dissolved anyway.. Within 30-60 seconds I wager. But the cotton does nothing (in my opinion) except providing a nice surface for a fresh syringe to draw up liquid from a spoon without scraping etc..there's better ways too like stuffing a second syringe with cotton and pushing it thru etc.. Unless you're just gonna do it "once".. But even then, just please be careful, lol