• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

kids running around naked: until what age is this exceptible?

my 23 month old loves running around in just her diaper... just recently shes started to enjoy playing "dressup" (as in trying to put on as many layers of clothes she possibly can)... if its warm, she runs around in her diaper... if guests are over, and she is in one of her "i dont want to wear clothing" moods (she is still notorious for taking her clothes off if shes not in the mood to wear them... shes finally to the point she doesnt take her diaper off anymore though), we let her run around in her diaper... so far noone has told me they are uncomfortable with it (if they were to tell me or her father, we would put clothing on her because we would not want anyone to feel uncomfortable).... she is never completely naked unless it is after her bath, or if she has a diaper rash, we keep her diaper free for a while to help clear it up (her doctor told us that leaving the diaper off for a while helps the skin to breathe and is actually beneficial if a diaper rash is present)... i think it is as long as the parents and child are comfortable, but also respect the boundaries of those around them...

you know what i think is really sad....ive recently seen all these little girls wearing 2 part swimming costumes... when girls are little they have no more to cover up than boys so why give your child a complex before she needs one.

i think the two pieces are more for the parents amusement. many parents love dressing their children up like little adults, and a bikini is just another way of doing that. as far as i can tell, little girls like wearing both pieces because thats what mommy does...

If my kids want to chill around the house naked, I plan on letting them do exactly that. I wish I still had the innocence required to be comfortable while naked in a room full of clothed people.

If we have company, its dinner time, whatever other situation, then they will have to put on some clothing. But hell...I don't see a single thing wrong with young children being naked and comfortable.

My little bro used to run around naked all the time. He started to realize what was up at around 6 or so and no longer chills around naked.

First thought: Kinda weird. Parents are comfortable with their naked kids because they MADE that child. Not many other people would feel cool watching their 3 year old daughter crawl doggy style in front of the tv for an hour.

After further thought: Because of our wonderful roots from the Puritans, this may be the only time they will every be able to run around naked without 1) feeling "wrong" about doing it. 2) Getting arrested for it.

The afterthought probably stems from previous irritation regarding adult nudity. I am NOT a feminist, but what is the deal with being told that our chests are "dirty" and "inappropriate?" I just want to be able to be on a beach, insecurities thrown aside and tan myself without 100 different scowls from tightass mothers walking by (did this in Mexico, one lady actually asked me to put a shirt on. I'll get right to it...

Nice article Fruitfly.

Last edited:
samadhi said:
I was brought up in a very open household where my mum would sunbake topless, with only a g-string (thong) on. After a shower, it wasn't uncommon for my mum to be naked for a while, as she was walking between the bathroom and bedroom to get dressed. She didn't hide herself in the bathroom until she was fully clothed. My dad would walk around in his jocks and when they had friends over, all the women would sunbake topless together around the pool...with their husbands sitting around. It just wasn't a big deal. Of course, if i had friends over, my mum would cover up a little, as would my dad, as they realised that not all parents had the same beliefs regarding nudity, as they did. Mum and dad would also know that some of their friends may be confronted with their way of life, so knew that they would have to cover up whenever certain friends/relations would come to visit. We also live in a very warm climate (Queensland, Australia) which may have had something to do with it.

]

This is an issue i am dealing with right now actually. I am a single parent with a nine year old boy. I was never raised around boys (except my dad who worked alot but he was adult anyway) and only had my mum and two sisters.

I was also raised strict polish catholic till i was in high school (they realised i wasn't going to listen anymore) and was taught that nudity was wrong and should be covered up etc etc and because of this i think its why i have issues with my own nudity. I just don't like being naked and i hate that because i just feel self concious.

So as a single parent raising a boy into a young man i have been wondering if its ok to just walk from the bathroom to my bedroom in a bra and panties? I mean i don't think my son wants to see me half naked anyway (especially as he will grow into a teenager) but i don't want him thinking that nudity is bad. I expose him to alot of nude art etc to show him there is nothing wrong with the human body and its natural and beautiful etc

But what about at home?

Personally i let him be naked whenever he wants and when he is comfortable and he's gotten to that point about a year ago when he is now closing his door to get changed etc but when i run him a bath he has no problem getting undressed in front of me to get in the bath.

Should i encourage him to not do this in front of me? I don't want him having sexual repression or something but i don't want him feeling ashamed of his nudity like i am either.

Fuck parenting is hard :( Such a small desision could effect him so pychologically 8o

umm ok i strayed off topic....

babies are ok naked getting changed. Kids are ok naked playing in the sprinkler etc. I think when you have guests over you should cover your kids up. But not make a big deal out of it because it will give them complexes like "OMG GET DRESSED!!" like they should be ashamed or something.

awwww man i dunno!!! i've been struggling with what to do about this for a few years actually!

I used to run downstairs after my bath to get dressed until about age 6 or so. I remember distinctly when I realized that maybe, it was "shameful"
to do so when my older cousin was visiting, and he screamed and covered his eyes. This was a very traumatic moment in my life.

My mom always was very open about being nude in front of me, even when I was a teenager. When I was younger on camping trips my whole family would skinny dip. The body is nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't have children, but I will let them run around naked as long as its warm enough. People who get "uncomfortable" over seeing a six year old girl topless have repression issues! A six old girl chest looks exactly like a six year old boy chest!

Yeah, I still like being somewhat uninhibited (one of my jobs involves being naked around other naked people). But I would rather not be ashamed of my body, and afraid to show it off.

As long as no company is at my house, I let my son be nekkid if he wants to. I hated wearing clothing at his age (6) and he does too. However, if people are over I make him cover up...just out of respect for others who may not be comfy with it (and quite frankly i don't want anyone other than family staring at him).

The three girls in my family have always been very open.
My sister is 12 years older than me and was half best friend, half parent when i was growing up.

I still have spa baths with my sister now and we're all comfortable around each other naked. I don't see why we shouldn't be.

lady godiva

damn, that's been my nickname from my mother my entire life!

i agree with samadhi. dude, if i ever had a kid (god forbid!) i'd let my baby run around naked as much as they want. but, i agree also that if "company" is over, then being covered-up would be nice- not in a shameful, but in a respectful way. also, it needs to be company. if it's just an aunt or an uncle or close friend of the family, i would hope the intimacy of seeing a naked child does not make them uncomfortable after sharing everything else families have been through.

hmm, i don't know how to say this like a huge perv, but i love seeing little kids naked. it's so natural and sweet, i think. mom made me start to cover-up eventually, but i'll be damned if i didn't strip whenever i could. once when i was about 8 or 9, i was playing in the yard/street with my older brotehr and his friends. well, the boys all took their shirts off(actually they tucked the front of their shirts back behind their necks...heh 80's stylee, bitch), it was summer, so i did the same. ooh...did my mom get mad. i think it more b/c of the boys, though, ya know?!

anyway, i am still the queen of being naked. i'm very comfortable with it around pretty much anyone. my girlfriends and i all chill down on the nude beach, and i just think it's great when a mom and dad and their 3 y/o all go play in the water! unfortunately, there are tons of crusty pervs chillin' in the sand dunes. i will admit when i saw 2 boys (approx. 7 and 9 y/o) get naked with their dad, i felt a little strange. but, damn...good for them! who wnats sand in their swimsuits or tanlines? i also realized i felt more uncomfortable for those boys b/c of some of the other people who lurk on those beaches.

anyway- long live being NAKED!!!!!

a local story about toplessness