• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lavender oil

NapalonyMurzyn

Bluelighter
So i have started recently consuming lavender oil after i have red one post on reddit about psychoactive effects it produces, and to my suprise, it has got noticable calming and anxiolitic properties. Due to the fact that i could not find much information anywhere on the web, i have decided to come here once again and share my experience. I have found some trace information that lavender oil has some interaction with gaba-b receptor, and also it contains chemical found in nutmeg. From everything that i have red until now i think that oral consumption of this substance may be heavy on liver.

I have started with dose of 5 drops for the first time andtoday i have dosed 15 drops and effects are noticable. Does anyone else has experience with oral use of lavender oil?

Nutmeg oil is probably far more psychoactive.

20 drops they say.

Except two important things.

Internal use of essential oils can be too powerful, coarse for a system.

Many wise strongly caution against it.

But regardless, do not use just any old essential oil, for inhalation or ingestion.

Rocky Mountain Oils and Young Living are the world's best.

I think Rocky mountain do a separate Organic Lavendar too.

Their Organic Peppermint is pure kickass stuff.

Also Revive in Germany. Anything Organic from them, will work a real treat.

Yup I’ve got experience with the patented lavender oil, linalool is a very active substance. Clary Sage oil is another which contains linalool plus other psychoactive oils which give it a much stronger sedation compared to Lavender oil.

Lavender oil is also great to massage on certain parts of the head during migraines.

Lavender oil is also one of the few oils with proven pharmacological effects from purely smelling the oil.

-GC

Yup I’ve got experience with the patented lavender oil, linalool is a very active substance. Clary Sage oil is another which contains linalool plus other psychoactive oils which give it a much stronger sedation compared to Lavender oil.

Lavender oil is also great to massage on certain parts of the head during migraines.

Lavender oil is also one of the few oils with proven pharmacological effects from purely smelling the oil.

-GC
Peppermint oil as well. Increases mental alertness, concentration by a good 20% plus inhaling it really is painkilling too.

Lavendar along with Lemon are 2 essentials oils I am allergic to and can't inhale.

Peppermint, rosemary, eucalytus radiata are my goto's for allergies as nothing else really works better or as well,

Like, myrtle is good anti-catarrhal stuff. But I'd still need peppermint, and Myrtle won't do the same job as Rosemary or Eucalyptus.

Essential oils actually can be extremely powerful, depending on the plant they're extracted from. One could make an essential oil/tincture out of any compound. Lavender doesn't have any strongly mind-altering compounds, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has no effects at all either. After all, many things that we consume do have some effect. Though, it's not always perceivable. In the case of Lavender, it has terpenes in it, which do actually have some mind-altering properties. Most likely, it's similar to consuming a cannabis extract with a high concentration of linalool but with the cannabinoids (e.g. THC, CBD, etc.) removed from it.
Nutmeg oil is probably far more psychoactive.

20 drops they say.
It is definitely psychoactive but not in a good way for most people. I'll admit that I stupidly tried this a very long time ago and very much regretted it. Horrible nausea, headaches, confusion, paranoia, etc. Similar to the effects of too much THC but worse and with less enjoyable effects. It is psychoactive though, and thus, it's likely that some people would actually enjoy the effects. Though, this is relatively rare it seems. Most people who do this come to utterly detest the stuff. No one even knows how it works medically, which is rather disconcerting IMO.

Essential oils actually can be extremely powerful, depending on the plant they're extracted from. One could make an essential oil/tincture out of any compound. Lavender doesn't have any strongly mind-altering compounds, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has no effects at all either. After all, many things that we consume do have some effect. Though, it's not always perceivable. In the case of Lavender, it has terpenes in it, which do actually have some mind-altering properties. Most likely, it's similar to consuming a cannabis extract with a high concentration of linalool but with the cannabinoids (e.g. THC, CBD, etc.) removed from it.

It is definitely psychoactive but not in a good way for most people. I'll admit that I stupidly tried this a very long time ago and very much regretted it. Horrible nausea, headaches, confusion, paranoia, etc. Similar to the effects of too much THC but worse and with less enjoyable effects. It is psychoactive though, and thus, it's likely that some people would actually enjoy the effects. Though, this is relatively rare it seems. Most people who do this come to utterly detest the stuff. No one even knows how it works medically, which is rather disconcerting IMO.
I just wonder because I don't think you specified, if you are describing the exlerience of actual nutmeg, not the essential oil?

Because that is where this point stens from. I too ate lots of nutmeg.

It is quite strong, very long lasting, but mostly unpleasant.

Weed on top is extra heavy too. The cos outweigh pros.

But I heard it that using 20 drops of the essential oil, you actually negate the unpleasant effects and can have quite a trip.

So according to Josie Kinz, linalool is an NMDA receptor antagonist. So she got some pure linalool and put it up her butt. For science.

Sounds like she thought it was effective, but has a pretty low ceiling to its effects.

So according to Josie Kinz, linalool is an NMDA receptor antagonist. So she got some pure linalool and put it up her butt. For science.

Sounds like she thought it was effective, but has a pretty low ceiling to its effects.

I’ve found linalool is a decent psychoactive. While Lavender Oil is cool I prefer Salvia sclarea oil which also contains it plus some other psychoactive oils.

Gives me what I expect… Sleepy effects that give an afterglow the next morning. S. sclarea oil is much better at both.

-GC

I just wonder because I don't think you specified, if you are describing the exlerience of actual nutmeg, not the essential oil?

Because that is where this point stens from. I too ate lots of nutmeg.

It is quite strong, very long lasting, but mostly unpleasant.

Weed on top is extra heavy too. The cos outweigh pros.

But I heard it that using 20 drops of the essential oil, you actually negate the unpleasant effects and can have quite a trip.
Does the essential oil also reduce the hangover?

I'm weird I guess. I really liked Nutmeg as long as I didn't overdose on it. Felt like pot with a more psychedelic edge.
However, the hangover is horrible. Fatal error. The aftereffects are not worth the effects. Only done a few times.

Interesting. I've been looking for a herbal dissociative for quite some time. Sounds good even if it has a ceiling as low doses are what I'm after, not so much looking for a hole. I know linalool is a common ingredient in stuff like cosmetics or shampoo if I'm correct but is it commonly encountered for sale in e.g. pharmacies? Not asking for a source, just general advice on how to do my own research.

Interesting. I've been looking for a herbal dissociative for quite some time. Sounds good even if it has a ceiling as low doses are what I'm after, not so much looking for a hole. I know linalool is a common ingredient in stuff like cosmetics or shampoo if I'm correct but is it commonly encountered for sale in e.g. pharmacies? Not asking for a source, just general advice on how to do my own research.

There’s a “pharmaceutical” version of lavender oil with a standardized amount of linalool available OTC. Forget the name right now but I can check later as that’s what I tried.

-GC

Just before I saw lavender oil in Walmart and was tempted to buy it but who knows what the heck there are for impurities in such a product so I'd better get some pharm grade oil.