• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(New South Wales) Legitimate Prescribed Alternatives to Diazepam for Sleep

This is my area of expertise lol
For Insomnia you want hypnotic benzodiazepine.

Australian options ive been on Temazepam and Nitrazepam (I find Nitrazepam a deeper sleep)

Well I was taking diazepam through the day and night for the last 5 days used 26 x 10mg so far, but then got myself some nitrazapam as I've always wanted to try those so I just received them look up the benzodiazepine equivalent chart and 10mg of diazepam is same as taking 10mg of nitrazapam, so how is nitrazepam stronger? Or isn't it?

nEpL7Wp.jpg

Well I was taking diazepam through the day and night for the last 5 days used 26 x 10mg so far, but then got myself some nitrazapam as I've always wanted to try those so I just received them look up the benzodiazepine equivalent chart and 10mg of diazepam is same as taking 10mg of nitrazapam, so how is nitrazepam stronger? Or isn't it?

nEpL7Wp.jpg

Its not just about strength its more to do with the types of benzodiazepine. Theres four types. Some have a combination:
1. Hypnotic= Acts on Sleep
2. Anti anxiety= as name suggests
3. Muscle Relaxant properties= As name suggests.
4. Anticonvolsment= targets seizures and CNS spasm such as RLS.

NOW Diazepam is a type 2 and 3, its not a hypnotic.

Nitrazepam is a solid single type 1. Its only effect is to act on sleep but does it well and better than any non hypnotic benzodiazepine.

I hope that makes sense

Nitrazepam is a solid single type 1. Its only effect is to act on sleep but does it well and better than any non hypnotic benzodiazepine

Well on 10mg I just feel relaxed, it's stopped the anxiety I was getting from the vallies I was having a slight rebound anxiety from the vallies (no idea why I was only on them 5 days)

I take 2 or 3 x 7.5 mg zopiclone few times a month, is nitrazepam better than zopiclone as I hate zopiclone gives me nightmares

Well on 10mg I just feel relaxed, it's stopped the anxiety I was getting from the vallies I was having a slight rebound anxiety from the vallies (no idea why I was only on them 5 days)

I take 2 or 3 x 7.5 mg zopiclone few times a month, is nitrazepam better than zopiclone as I hate zopiclone gives me nightmares
Short answer from my exp, yes.

What is being denoted in the “Market Aim” column if I may ask?

I have no idea, I just look at the equivalent section lol

Zopiclone is a bitch to come off I was addicted for around 3 months every night, then came off them ang had bad rebound insomnia, they are as bad to come off as benzos sleep wise

Alprozalam is needed although I am under no illusion as to where it will end up again

Me to I've started taking benzos this week after quitting May 2019

I used to like xanax but now it's to motivating for me like I'm high not on a downer, I cba to keep occupied like I get on xanax

I personally prefer Zolpidem Tartrate

I'm watching this documentary about the medical miracle of Ambian (Zolpidem) when it's not used for sleep but for people in vegetative state, this man had a bad accident and has brain damage and was in a solid coma for 3 years, didn't say a word,
They then gave him one Ambian and after 20 minutes he went "mmmmmm" his mum said "I could of sworn I heard something" then after 40 minutes his mum said "can you hear me" and he says "yes, hello mummy*

Wow I'm crying

Anyone heard of this before because I've not?

So far my insomnia only responds to a triple whammy: 5 mg Valium, 10 mg temazepam, and zolpidem 10mg. That combo gives me 5-6 hours sleep. Any of those pills individually just chills me out and let’s me lie in bed calmly for 6-8 hours but not really sleeping.

I’ve never had insomnia before and it’s fucking horrible . I used to be famous for being able to sleep anywhere and anytime. It’s got got be either something to do with my meth binging (even though still can’t sleep after no meth for 1 month), or using then quitting 20 mg Abilify. My brain chemistry is all fucked up and it’s impacting my sleep.

I daydream about that really deep, dead-to-the-world, sleep that seroquel used to give me but I really don’t want to be on an anti-psychotic again after I finally got off Abilify.

OP: I got Baclofen off-label for anxiety a few years ago, and it does relax you (all things considered. It's not a benzo.)

I might be wrong, but it's banal too. Worth a shot maybe?