• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Looking for Researcher or PhD Student Willing to Help

indigoaura

Bluelighter
This post is in connection to the 300+ page thread, "What is wrong with the MDMA Available Today."

We have hit a wall with that discussion that will only be surpassed with lab access and the co-operation of researchers.

Despite having found published research to support multiple potential hypotheses, the only way forward is to start analyzing samples with analytical techniques beyond the simple GCMS offered by most harm reduction labs.

Summary - Some samples of GCMS identified MDMA produce subpar effects in both new and experienced users. These effects are outside of the range that would be expected from typical MDMA, and include objectively observable differences such as significant variation in mydriasis.

Possible explanations include contaminant interference with monoamine transporters or isobaric derivatives that appear to be MDMA to GCMS.

What we need - We need a lab or university that is able to legally accept MDMA samples for advanced analysis (NMR, GCMS, Raman, Liquid Chromatography).

I could see this set up as a research hypothesis that seeks to identify whether variation in MDMA user reports correlates to an identifiable, physical difference in samples such as the presence of a novel psychoactive substance.

If you can help, or if you know of a lab that is set up to receive samples legally, please PM me.

Where are you based? I have contacts in UK labs. I work in both Ireland and Northern Ireland laboratories. I’m also soon to be a PhD student although I’m studying pharmacogenomics.

We are not exactly based anywhere. I am personally in Texas, USA. However, we have contributors to the thread from all over the world (U.K., Canada, Northern USA, Europe etc.)

Ideally, we could submit samples to a lab from anywhere in the world. Would the U.K. lab be willing to accept international samples?

We are not exactly based anywhere. I am personally in Texas, USA. However, we have contributors to the thread from all over the world (U.K., Canada, Northern USA, Europe etc.)

Ideally, we could submit samples to a lab from anywhere in the world. Would the U.K. lab be willing to accept international samples?
I do have contacts at wedinos I can ask. Obviously everywhere is closed at moment but when labs are open again I’ll reach out to a few places. I don’t know about the international samples to be honest there’s a bit too much red tape with that but UK samples should be no problem. Of course off record if you were to send your samples to a friend in UK who them submitted them then... but again risky for your friend, of course sample size would be small enough.

Wedinos is a company we have not spoken to yet. I have spoken to Drugs Data in the USA and International Energy Control in Spain. Neither of them have access to the additional analytical equipment we would like to see data from.

Wedinos is a company we have not spoken to yet. I have spoken to Drugs Data in the USA and International Energy Control in Spain. Neither of them have access to the additional analytical equipment we would like to see data from.
Wedinos is your best bet for sure. They already have their own research studies in regards to drugs hence them accepting samples and testing for free.

Hi everyone. Just a note that after @MsDiz made me aware of this thread, I've emailed our contact Marc Griffell Guardia - who is doing the chemical analysis of novel substances submitted by Bluelighters, see research banner and here. He's associated with Energy Control. He may have some thoughts on next steps on a project of this kind.

Hi everyone. Just a note that after @MsDiz made me aware of this thread, I've emailed our contact Marc Griffell Guardia - who is doing the chemical analysis of novel substances submitted by Bluelighters, see research banner and here. He's associated with Energy Control. He may have some thoughts on next steps on a project of this kind.

Thank you soooo much!

Hi everyone. Just a note that after @MsDiz made me aware of this thread, I've emailed our contact Marc Griffell Guardia - who is doing the chemical analysis of novel substances submitted by Bluelighters, see research banner and here. He's associated with Energy Control. He may have some thoughts on next steps on a project of this kind. This is quite an interesting project that requires good knowledge. For the research to be successful, https://edubirdie.com/examples/holocaust/ can help, where there is a lot of information about it. I'm sure it will come in handy.

This is really useful information.

Last edited:
Well publish GCMS.

If the GCMS matches, you want to try polarimetry as some MDMA samples are NOT an equal amount of both isomers. You don't need to know the exact rotation blah blah - if it produces optical rotation, it's not 50-50/ I came across this when we had G-130 made.