• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

@ZeroLuck I've found it to be mainly about finding a balance of what to take, how much, and when to take the precursors. I understand it can be a challenge at times to know what is working when you're taking so much. If you didn't see much improvement in your cognition from taking them, I'd try one supplement in particular that I've only recently come across called Magnesium L- Threonate. The days that I take it I notice reduced anxiety, feeling more confident, & just mentally sharper. It increases the density of your receptors which will likely make you smarter, just know that it takes longer to work for some ppl(taking for weeks before they see effect) so don't discard it if you don't notice improvement rapidly.

Thanks for the post @ayo you bring great news with yourself. Your story backs up the hypothesis of drug induced anxiety disorder.

Acid is by no means neurotoxic to the brain, but you've experienced brain-damage like symptoms. (Just like mine)

If your symptoms match exactly your previous ones, then the odds is you're falling in the category of people who unbalanced their potato brain chemistry.

Like, LSD can't cause damage of any form to decrease your cognition so badly. Dose of 1/5 mg??? Or 1500 times less than MDMA?

So far the most physical effect of LSD would be its 5ht2a agonist properties, causing some vasoconstriction, anxiety and psychosis like symptoms, but only as long as the duration of the drug.

The question is how a substance can trigger such self-destructive mechanism in the brain?

Even if it's coping strategy of unexpected stress factor, the prolonged cortisol would be much more harmful than any short-term benefits of the reaction.

Anyway my advice for you my friend from my experience is try not to develop obsessive habbits from excess worrying like I did.

As I've mentioned your story backups the long-known hypothesis that somehow we've triggered anxiety disorder, the best thing would be IGNORE it.

Don't fight it, don't accept it. Don't try healthy lifestyle if it's only for this, but ignore it. The LESS you care the better, I e tried supplementing, healthy lifestyle and whatever, but the dedication and the constant present of thought that something is wrong actually was used as a fuel of obsession.

We see in the thread terms like "hypersensitive". Why? Because most of us end blaming every negative thing happening to the because of this anxiety response.

If you ignoring doesn't work I can share what worked the best for me.
Curcumin supplement. (With piperine)
The supplement is increasing BDNF, decreases inflammation and helping with depression, anxiety and so on... A lot of research papers backing it.

Minerals like magnesium and zinc, looks like people with anxiety and depression end with deficit, due to their increased body needs of them.

Healthy diet, which means a lot of veggies, nuts, fish and grass fed, no hormones grown meat, organic/bio egggs.
Skip the fruits, too much sugar.

Eating only in 2 hour window a day.

Exercise and sunlight, the more the better!

Sleep! Magnesium, b6 and melatonin helped me to have quality one.

That's the most helpful things I've tried. I'm relapsing now and then, but at least I have normal days.

But yeah, if I were you I would just try to ignore everything and not falling into the obsession hole if this never ending vicious circle.

//Writing from phone, sorry for the spelling

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @Dany, I'll try this form of magnesium, not sure what mine is, you have a brand to recommend?

Thanks @zeroluck. Yea pretty much fully recovered last time but it wasn't without many emotional breakdowns and just time. Just sucks to go through it again cuz its damn scary. Obsession is hardest part as one cant stop thinking about whether they really messed themselves up. Will try your recommendations. Thanks.

My memory (after years of abuse & degradation) has been noticeably improving for the first time in a long time after going to the gym.

Actually, I seem to remember it also improved slightly - and I lived in less of a brainfog - the first time I used piracetam.

Aniracetam noticeably cured my anxiety, long term.

Really? That's great news mate :)

Hmm, I genuinely must have forgotten to tell you this, which doesn't bode well for my assertion. I was meant to tell you this.

Since doing that amphetamine I noticed a rapid decline, mind. I wouldn't be able to remember the day before, whereas beforehand (last week), I could remember the whole week. Even after a day of use at moderate doses. Says a lot.

Thanks @zeroluck. Yea pretty much fully recovered last time but it wasn't without many emotional breakdowns and just time. Just sucks to go through it again cuz its damn scary. Obsession is hardest part as one cant stop thinking about whether they really messed themselves up. Will try your recommendations. Thanks.

@ayo did you have any physical symptoms? Headaches etc.?

No physical symptoms just bad Dp/Dr almost like I'm floating through life. Don't know how i recovered from this last time I just one day was fine. That was after many months though. Same thing here you think? Just time?

Ayo, you took normal range dosage, so your case and response should be individual.

I've went through the dpdr, but the anxiety stayed with me. blamingn the bad memory, concentration indirectly as well.

Having hard times to remember anything in detail, like what I did yesterday, or tell a sequence of events happening innwhat order recently. It's hard to tell what time passed since the beginning of the day, etc... All memory/concentration related issues.

I mean I just can?t live with going through this again. Thought I?d be fine but it happened again. No more for me I guess. Any coping tips?

Trust me I will. But still in this victim mindset couldn't sleep again last night :/ . It wasn't anxiety that's keeping me awake or anything like that. With more and more time that goes by is only reaffirming my belief that something negative happened to me biologically.

I know theres no way of proving it but I just want to SLEEP and my quality of life back. But on a lighter note I am slightly better compared to a year ago. I guess with each year I am getting used to this hell :/.

Fuck, I feel worse again. Decided to go to the psychiatrist. He prescribed me Zoloft. Didn't take it yet, but after a year of this struggle I think I'll give it a chance. Any opinions on Zoloft?

Fuck, I feel worse again. Decided to go to the psychiatrist. He prescribed me Zoloft. Didn't take it yet, but after a year of this struggle I think I'll give it a chance. Any opinions on Zoloft?

Check the nih.gov link I've posted in my previous post. Anxiety-induced anxiety disorder from single MDMA use was resolved with Zoloft(Sertraline). I could give it a try too, you shouldn't be afraid to try SSRI, if you're in pain, the side effects of SSRI are nothing to compare.

I've found a pattern when I feel "alright". It's when I eat clean (nothing the cave-man couldn't eat, also only once a day.) However I don't feel great, the next things I'll try would be intense exercise, testosterone therapy and SSRI, but I'll give this diet 20-30 more days to see if the "well-being" feeling will keep growing.

@sick_guy If you have any physical symptoms at all.. brain zaps, head pressure, paresthesia, anything physical you do NOT want to take Zoloft! This will only set you back in your recovery with each use making the symptoms worse! If you don't have any physical symptoms I still wouldn't use it, it's still going to mess with your serotonin production in the long run like it would for anybody. It's a total maybe as to whether or not it'll improve your symptoms if you're one of those ppl without the physical symptoms.. you're far better off pursuing natural options before putting your body through a chronic ssri experience.

@ZeroLuck I remember you talking about starting keto on the deleted thread. How did that go for you comparing your results from then to your current caveman diet in terms of managing your symptoms? Personally I feel like I've gotten better results with keto than the typical caveman's dish.