• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

^or get all 8 bubblebags. bubblehash is top notch like kent says, its as potent as you can want it. especially with all 8 varieties of micron. you can press your kif into great hash, or you can take it a step further and make wax (still trying to learn how to do). i fully agree with kent tho, dry ice sounds like more trouble than its worth, and its not going to produce any better results. good luck!

(oh and if all else fails, you can also make butter with your trim. if you simmer it for 7 or 8 hours, it will be good!)

I much prefer ice/cold water hash. bubble bags ftw

For some reason I don't like the taste of dry ice hash

Sprungbags are a much cheaper brand than Bubblebags and are just high in quality, if not better. Although they work really well, I dare say with bubblebags you pay for the name, just like designer jeans.

well the only downside i see to sprungbags is they only offer the 6 micron bags, while bubblebags offers 8. but, if im going to do something, im going to do it right. however the sprungbags are an incredible deal, so one has to ask, should i sacrifice two possible grades of hash to save 100 dollars on something im going to use countless times, that will pay for itself after a few washes. the obvious answer is bubblebags, since you cant go back and individually order the bags your missing later on. BUT...i went and checked out what micron sizes sprungbags is missing that bubblebags has.

sprungbags 220u, 160u, 110u, 73u, 45u, 25u

bubblebags 220u, 190u, 160u, 120u, 90u, 73u, 45u, 25u

now heres where i have the hangup (because honestly id like to save some money if its a smart decision in the long run), i work with alot of medical patients and caregivers since i live in a state in the us with medical cannabis. and what i hear and have seen with my own eyes, is the most important micron grade is the second to finest. it gives the largest yield of the finest quality. thats the 190u with bubblebags. now with sprungbags, that stage of micron is 160u. now if you are in it for medical purpses, or even just trying to get the best results, 60u is a largely significant drop on that stage!!! were talking about going from 220u to 190u, or 220u, to 160u. that middle micron (190u) is actually a big deal. sure, it will have a 30% larger yield in that bag, but it will also be 30% less refined than the bubblebag version. sprungbags also drops the micron down by 10 on the next stage, which isnt super noticable, but its still a decrease in potency. and the entire reason of spending that kind of money and running large quantities of costly material, is to get the absolute best results you can get. sprungbags also have a micron drop from 110u to 73u, which is a significant drop, seriously. bubblebags go from 120u to 90u, then to 73u

so in my non expert opinion, if you want to save a few bucks go with springbags. you will end up with quality results, provided the materials the bags are made from and the silkscreens are attached well. BUT if your'e like me, and want to get the best hash you can, you want bubblebags.

The hash won't be any 'better' just because there's a couple of extra bags in between the largest and smallest grades. Really you should speak to a few people that have actually tried making hash with both and ask how many bags they actually need in practice.

Sprungbags work just fine and there's really no need to grade your hash any further 99% of the time. It's up to you at the end of the day though. Good luck.

Last edited:
i´ve often produced my own, very potent "hash" the following way:

1. produce shake from your weed. (putting the weed into the freezer beforehand works good to cool down the trichomes and make them break off more easy)
2. the rest of the weed is extracted with naphta or alcohol (solvent has to be pure, should evaporate without leaving any traces!!!)
3. after extraction from step 2 has been dried, you mix prodcuts of tep 1 & 2 and knead them together.

in the end you get a VERY potent product that bubbles when heated and trhat will most of the time (depending on the strain for sure..) have a very uplifting, psychedelic high.

edit: you can use both products on their own, for sure. what i liked about "my product" was that its very potent and does keep quite a lot of the original weeds taste.

making hash oil from soapbar hash

I have a few z's of soapbar hash and I was thinking about making some oil, saw a video how to do it with hash but this is only your regular soapbar concrete so what kind of yield would i get from a a 1/4 or 1/2 ounce and how good would it be and is it actually worth it to make oil?

Last edited:
Gonna be brutally honest here dude, I Don't think it's possible to make hash out of soap bar in the standard fashion, but I bet theres another way. & if your genuinely from malta and a fellow european - then chances are the soap bar you refer to is 95% bollocks and if you manage to find a way to do this - you'll be left with a very very low yield i'd imagine.

Though i'm also gonna say if it's possible it's totally worth it, better to have 1g of good product and not have to smoke 5 ounce of dogshit. Dunno if you could tell but i'm not a big fan of soapbar lol.

Yeah it's worth a try, you can't make it worse. Grind it as fine as you can and use butane (outside!), it's less likely to dissolve crap you don't want.

Try using butane, as said, although personally I believe the place for soap bar is the trash. I wouldn't bother myself.

Things like plastics might end up in the final product, so the extraction might not make it safe. It's not worth risking cancer etc. just for a bit of hash.

I wouldn't touch the shit, much less smoke it... an extract won't exactly make it safe either, depends on solvent. I'd use butane if you absolutely must, but in terms of safety, you got the best answers already. Im going to merge this into our mega thread instead of closing, but I really recommend you cut your losses and do not use the product in any way

Making Qwiso Hash oil... with afghan hash?

Could I take my afghan hash to make some qwiso (isopropyl alcohol) yellow hash oil or It would work better with acetone?

There's not much point in making qwiso out of hash, but extracting THC would work best with hexanes (naptha) - 2nd place acetone, then isoporpanol as a last resort.If you have access to diethyl ether that will work too.

My advice, just smoke it unless it's obviously contaminated. Acetone is a really promiscuous solvent and will dissolve all sorts of crap.

I wouldn't bother doing it either, QWISO is one of the worst types of hash IMO. I find it really annoying to work with, and it doesn't taste all that great. BHO is a little more effort to make, but still a very easy process and the final product is much better.

If you're set on making QWISO, you could use any other bud/shake/stems/trim but I wouldn't waste afghan hash on it, especially if it's something you don't see that often.

QWISO run

So, it's my first time making hash...

I'm going to be making some QWISO, as isopropyl alcohol is an easier solvent to purge out of the finished hash, as it simply evaporates at room temperature, unlike butane.

How long do I leave the iso in the weed? 30 seconds? Then, 15 seconds of light agitatation?

Also, is the double metal strainer/coffee filter setup the best to use for filtering the QWISO solution? Is muslin (unbleached cotton) cloth a better alternative to using a paper coffee filer?

Think you've got that backwards - the boiling point of IPA is like 81 degrees C, butane boils below freezing. But I'd try something like this for IPA extraction. Yeah a coffee filter is much finer than most cloth I think, so filter with one if you want to get all the bits out.

So, it's my first time making hash...

I'm going to be making some QWISO, as isopropyl alcohol is an easier solvent to purge out of the finished hash, as it simply evaporates at room temperature, unlike butane.

How long do I leave the iso in the weed? 30 seconds? Then, 15 seconds of light agitatation?

Also, is the double metal strainer/coffee filter setup the best to use for filtering the QWISO solution? Is muslin (unbleached cotton) cloth a better alternative to using a paper coffee filer?
it is Quick Wash ISO so keep the soaking time to a minimum to avoid polluting your hash with chlorophyl. Depending on your product (how wet/dry and how finely chopped it is) I fully submerge all product in the alcohol and start pouring it through the filter in 15-30 seconds. when it starts going really green you have waited too long.