• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Methods of Smoking

What method of smoking is your favourite?

• Joint (pure cannabis rolled in a paper)

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Spliff (cannabis/tobacco mix rolled in a paper)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Blunt (cannabis rolled in a tobacco wrap)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Bowl (traditional pipe)

Votes: 52 16.5%
  • Bong (water pipe)

Votes: 100 31.7%
  • Waterfall/bucket/gravity bong

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Vaporiser

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Hot-knives

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
slide for sure I never really liked carbs cause in order for them to be any good they gotta be down low and I spill water out the hole...

Hmm, that is sorta cool, seems to make using a bong even lazier, hah. And, one time I had this zong that was hittable while in a totally recline position (tested this, then called the head shop I got it from back because they swore it couldn't be done) and a carb would totally prevent that from being possible. Yay for lazy %)

I have no preference. They both work fine for me even if most of the bongs I've used had carbs even the glass ones.

Nobody else finds this topic to be completely asinine? Why was the smoking experience so much better because you pulled the bowl from the bong instead of lifing your finger?

pipes with carbs + screens > bongs + sliders

i prefer taking small hits though

^ok I agree the tin foil/spoon idea is lame, but I always just throw hash/oil on top of bowls, I never saw why it would be easier to just smoke it plain, kinda like sprinkles with no ice cream or something

No prices for anything please. I had to edit most of the posts in this thread, there's a link in my signature to the CD guidelines for those of you who aren't familiar with them.

Grandeous-One, you can't get high off 100 ug of cannabis. Don't be silly.

Slides allow you to control the smoke to air ratio better. Slides all day.

I've never even seen a Glass on Glass bong w/ a carb, and everyone knows GonG is the only way to go :D

Slide.

i dont know what a slide OR a carb is? someone enlighten me! i smoke a bong all day everyday

Carb: Hole on the side of the bong in which you cover and then uncover to clear the smoke.
Slide: Usually found on glass bongs, where the bowl piece slides out of the downstem allowing you to clear the smoke and draw in your hit.

NSFW:
Carb:
pb175.jpg

Slide:
110-pure-glass-bong---clear-pyrex---glass-joint.jpg

ah i see. i taped over the carb on mine. dont use a gause, just use a loosely rolled up ball of tobacco, place it in the pipe and push it down a bit with little finger, then place weed ontop.

burn the weed as normal and then when its all burnt/just before you start to burn to tobacco you SUCK hard and shoot all it through into the water.

its called a 'shottie'

imagine mine is the green one in the pic above, ive unscrewed the first cone shaped piece and dont use it...

i highly recommend!

edit: also here we call the 'carbs' .. 'rush holes'

Last edited:
I have a skillet and a trihole piece for my bong. I dont like the skillet, i find the tri-hole and grebo work the best. I have a trihole hand pipe & it works amazing for me.

Looks like yergs had his work cut out for him in here lol.

This is totally new to me, the first i'd heard of skillet was from some xzibit song.
'yeah you gonna feel it
similair to the egg in the skillet'

Or something like that. :/ Anyway my local headshops suck so looks like i'm gonna be browsing online or fashioning a semi ghetto one, last time we smoked oil it was put on top of bowls. tbh it was WAY too much fucking around for me, shit tsticks to everything..

&
Where are the plastic vapors coming from?

From the pen? :/
I'm no scientists but I reckon if somethings hot enough to be turned into vapours, that shit's gonna be hot enough to wear away at a pen. (which as we all know, isn't designed to be heated up and inhaled through)

though if i'm wrong someone smarter feel free to kick my virtual ass. :)

woah blast from the past...... looks like it got nice and hacked up cuz all the prices slipped under the radar.... i thought prices of items that can be purchased in stores is allowed? i guess not."paraphernalia"

i still have my skillet and it's doing it's job well.

I've been a daily smoker for a while now. I've hit bongs and other water pipes numerous of times before. Yes, it is alot smoother (well if its not a huge rip...) but what does the water actually filter out? Couldn't some THC be filtered out as well? Does anyone have any facts to back up this question?

Water filters out the water-soluble stuff, gases like nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, etc. and cools the smoke. Some THC is lost, but mostly due to condensation rather than dissolving in the water. (THC is soluble but only a few milligrams per litre of water)

MAPS/NORML did a study on this. Take it with a grain of salt though, they didn't analyze the gasous phase of cannabis smoke.