• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] The green dragon thread- alcohol extracts and tinctures

could you let the mixture evaporate like K

and smoke the powder or bump it 8)

love
redundant

that's how you make ISO hash (though w/ ISO rather than ethanol) . . it's more of a goo than a powder, but definitely smokeable.

ok, my friend jus tried this and put 9gs of chronic into 3-4 oz of everclear... should he add more alcohol? or jus use water to dilute mixture when consuming?

I just took nine g's of heads, grinded them up and let them dry with some cedar chips in a paper bag.

I used Beefeater gin, as it was the highest alocohol content for a clear liquour they had. We searched through Vodka and I was suprised that Gin can be more powerful.

I threw the nine grams of heads that had sat in the paper bag for 48 hrs., into the Gin I had (I suppose Everclear would work), but I heard you really only need a specific alcohol content to have the thc bind with the alcohol. I threw some cleaned and cut lemon skins into add flavor.

We let it sit for a month in fact just to make sure we extracted everything we could. Try and keep the bottle out of direct sunlight I've been advised. Anyway the concoction was increadible after we used a couple mesh screens to filter out all the particles. Tasty Fucking stuff. I believe it's not about the alcohol you use, but the amount of green.

Hope this wasw helpful!

isopropyl alcohol will cause blindness if consumed in any relatively large quantity... dont risk it, just spend money on high proof liquor...

Actually isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) does not cause blindness, that's methanol(the window washer fluid in your car).

Isopropanol is OK to use as an alternative, but it tastes kind of bad, and you have to make sure you don't use more that 350ml of 70% solution. 400 ml @ 70% concentration is the danger limit of isopropanol. anything under that is OK. There is a risk of alcohol poisoning with any type of alcohol...

be careful though, isopropanol is twice as potent as ethanol, so be mindful of how potent u make your stuff, you don't want to be more fucked up than you expected.

note: much larger doses of iso. alcohol have been ingested and survived, but 400ml is the limit at which your body can naturally handle it, you would need to be hospitalized if you exceed this amount.

Iso. alcohol will work, it is structurally similar to ethanol and has nearly identical properties, just its twice as powerful.
thats why its not FDA approved, as people would be O.D'ing on it quite often.

you really only need a specific alcohol content to have the thc bind with the alcohol.
The stronger the alcohol the quicker and higher yielding the extraction will be.

Iso is also twice as poisonous as ethanol which is toxic itself. It is broken down into acetone which is not all that good for you.

you have to heat up the bud at around 150F for an hour to decarboxylize the cannabinolic acid, altering it into good ol D9-THC.

BEFORE you begin the process of the green dragon. usualy this is done through cooking or smoking, but green dragons dont usually use heat. unless your SOS

My favorite method is just to stuff a quad or so in a 750ml of Grey Goose. May need to drink some first to make room in the bottle ;).

Use whatever your favorite alcohol is though. I've done it with Anejo Tequilla before with good results. Let it sit for at least 3 weeks before consuming. Don't bother filtering it, just leave the bud in there and it will get better and better as you drink it. Start with half a shot in a warm beverage. I find tincture particularly effective in pain management. Good luck, medicate safely!

Green Dragon near perfection, 1/8 ounce bud+ 2 oz of moonshine = 4-7 servings

For one, Iso or methyl alcohol can make you go blind, this isnt a myth :p Rather not have to hear about how you learned to type with brail. Using Iso is dangerous no matter the content. Interactions will vary from one person to the next.

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great) for an oven the bud does not have to be completly dry though it is highly suggested. For the microwave it must be dry.

2. Place in a shallow flat pan, (I prefer a sheet of aluminum foil directly on the rack. pans = mass = longer cookin times) and bake at 325°F for 4-5 minutes. Just as it starts to smell strongly around the oven it should be pulled. THC evaporates at 380°F.
(Microwaves: *Dry* bud on medium for 20s, wait 15 seconds on cooldown, heat for 20 seconds, wait 15 seconds, heat for 20s (3 stops 1 minute)
These processes are decarboxylation, the conversion of THCA to THC. The bud should be crunchy but the plate should not be too hot to touch. overcooking = loss in thc, which isnt good unless your smoking it :p

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis in 2 oz of(Ex. I add Moonshine, though most are not so lucky. Point made though)
*(use a small wide mouth mason jar or glass measuring cup)*
Ultra side note: Moonshine or PGA will blow your mind, the purer the better the extraction (try mixing the end product with kool-aid if you do use moonshine/pga, takes a large kick out of it)

4. Add an inch of warm/hot water into the pot so that the temperature doesnt jump to suddenly, place your jar inside the pot and Simmer in the water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the cannabis mixture between 160-167°F. (Basic chemistry, Heating during extraction increases the motion of the molecules, this drasticly lowers extraction times) Ethanol boils at 173°F so lift the pot if it gets to climbin to 170 and lower the temp ever so slightly. Do NOT cover the jar! Should be in a wide pan, 1 inch of water and the mason jar should be a pint sized container. Step 4 maximizes THC conversion, more bang for your buck! Bout an ounce of alcohol evaporates and no, you wont lose thc. You can heat it that much, but your mason jar will have burst into flames way before you did, this is about when the alcohol starts to boil. But as we potheads are concerned, follow the steps and you will be beyond fine.

5. Strain the mixture and store. (Straining is ultra important, I prefer mesh. Coffee filters absorb. Press as much out as possible.) What your looking for now is a greenish-brown color (more brown than green). If it is emerald green and smells like grass (from the cholorphyll), it will be weak. Emerald green indicates that the pre-baking was not sufficient. Should smell like bud yet slightly floral.

Fun tip: there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you dont have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA(By waiting a month or more with it in a dark jar exposed to heat and the lesser.. cupboard stuff(Dont waste you bud please) but the amount of THC that is converted from THCA in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you *must* heat the cannabis prior to extraction.

!)Prep: 1/8 ounce of bud per 2 ounces of alcohol will come out to 1 ounce of green dragon. Need a cookin pot, jar, mesh strainer, candy thermometer and Theres 29 milliliters in one ounce, or 29 grams. High quality bud means you only need much less milliliters to get high (Varies amongst people and liquor used) 10 mL will have you flying like a kite. Thus 3 servings in all. Eyedroppers work good for this since they hold about 5-7 mL. Immediatly ready for serving. Lesser bud does mean you will need more. Peak about 60-90 minutes, wont come down for about 4-5 hours with about 2 hours after affects. Thanks all and I hope this blows your mind. Find out how much you like, im conservative but everyonce in awhile I go for that 7 milliliter dose and it makes me remember why I get stoned to begin with. (5-10 mL= good shit) (17+ mL = reg/midz)

And last reason against cold water tincture. A shot which is considerably more than just an ounce did nothing for me and I found this extremely wasteful. Same materials, less buzz and.. I waited 4 damn weeks, southern sun exposure/heat, brown bottle to divert direct light. Will get you stoned, just takes alot more. True disappointment and the reason why I bring the recipe above to you. Bud should never be disappointing, treat every day as if it were 420. *Sagenod*

(also "heard" of in liu of alcohol trying 1 ounce of lemon extract to 1/4 of a gram(Chronic values) (Midz/reg= 2/4 gram) though this method is not suggested due to potency from so little (I havent tried this one in other words, speculation) The citrus will work but this changes how to make it. Same basics, guessing its not as potent though. This is for those peoples who get scared about alittle hard liquor being heated. Since its a citrus mix its possible to prepare it in the microwave entirely)
:p and under no circumstances should you heat the liquor directly or in a "microwave". Thanks all and I hope this blows your mind. Feel free to email if you think you got something better or corrections for even my recipe ^_^ These values for dosages are based on personal consumption. Ive friends that say less is needed to get blitzed.

Last edited:
Step 2 can also be 200 °F for 20 minutes (Indirect suggestion from third party) I dont doubt that it works with this heat at all. And as for not usualy using heat, thats just due to people being skittish about heating up highly flammable liquer backed by there are very few decent recipes out there that explain the heating process, and even though its much faster and cost effective it takes more effort, though I feel cooking for an hour is much better than waiting to get stoned for a week.. or month.. or as some have even suggested a year. I can promise a huge difference vs cold water tincture. This is chemistry, heat is the creation and destruction to every great recipe.

Last edited:
Green Dragon.

Ok, YES I know there are quite a few threads on this. YES I searched quite extensively for help on my more specific question. No luck. So I'm helping some of you can help me out here. But if you know of other threads that will help me with my more specific question, or other websites, feel free to link me.

Well I don't smoke anymore, but I am interested in trying some of this. First of all, I've read that I should heat up the bud before I drop it in the vodka? This true? So like, just throw it in the microwave or something?

Secondly, I'm only looking to make 1 gram of headies worth. So how much vodka should I use for a gram of bud? Any particular brands of vodka you'd recommend?

Lastly, how long should it sit there, and where is the most practical place to put it to sit and ferment or whatever?

Thanks for the help.

i think that for a gram of bud it isnt worth the hassle, but look on google, there is some place that they explain in how to make some by cooking it in a stove

It's not really much of a hassle. I'm more interested in trying it. Especially because I'd rather try it using a gram than using like an eight, quarter, or more for a first time. Why use so much if it ends up being just eh? I'm using a gram for basically a trial attempt. See how I like it.

From other threads on here it seems the answer you're looking for is ~1g/fluid ounce of whatever liquor you choose, and you don't need to heat the bud or alcohol up. If you really want to, though, you would do it by heating both at the same time in a single pot over a stove.... not with a microwave.

But I'm with ganja_man, green dragon is definitely a lot of effort and time to go through with only a gram of weed.

Hmm. So basically 1 gram will make a whiskey glass of Green Dragon? That's seems fine to me, and truly, not really much of a hassle. The most hassle it will be, is if I decide to heat it.

the heating technique is supposed to be for decarbolyxation, is that true or not? I dont know, but when I do Green Dragon I microwave the oz of weed for about 5-10 seconds and then proceed to put the alcohol.. it has worked for me, 1 shot = 1 1/4 ounce... so figure it out

if your technique is small first then go ahead and post the results so that experience and knowledge can be shared..everything we learn is by trial and error..my .02 cents

if you are going to try and get the thc into alcohol here is what i would do:

-increase the surface area of the herb as much as possible because the thc will come out by simple diffusion. i would use a coffee grinder and literally powderize it.

-put your powder in a very small pot and add enough vodka to barely cover. simmer for a bit.

-put your herb and its green juice in a container with whatever amount of alcohol you want to infuse.

-let it sit for a week, capped , in a dark place. maybe shake a few times.

-use a coffee filter to filter out the plant matter

-drink

I have posted my beverage cannabination tek to this forum. Check it out, it works really well. You could use vodka instead of Everclear, my understanding is that works well too.