• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Mescaline vs. LSD

Which do you like better: mescaline or LSD?

• mescaline

Votes: 95 31.7%
  • LSD

Votes: 121 40.3%
  • no preference

Votes: 84 28.0%

• Total voters
Both awesome

<3

No point in comparing. They are both powerful sacraments that can do the same job but which have their own characters. A bit easier to fit LSD into a busy life as residual mescaline effects can last a long time.

My favorite is the combo: 300-400mg mesc hcl dissolved in juice and sipped over the course of 45 minutes.....then eat ~250mcg of LSD an hour after starting the sipping. They go very very well together.....

im loving this thread

*holds up a sign* GO MESCALINE

mesc has provided with hands down the most utterly spritual trip of my life. Its almost as if other psychs hit you right in the brain but mescaline goes straight for the soul.

haha... you know buddy.

never taken lsd. had at least 20 or more peruvian torch journeys and a few mushroom journeys. dont ever plan on taking lsd btw. mescaine was by far much more powerful and illuminating than shrooms to me. they are both trips, get me not. just let me tell you that although shrooms might produce extraodinary visuals that will make you laugh so fucking hard. mescaline will open you up spiritually in a way that shrooms won't. if you are intrested in seeing great spirit and becomming telapathic, and learning the ways of life, mescaline is for you. it is there to teach you, and it will help you connect with ultimate truth and oneness. i took mescaline with a hippy last night who had taken l.s.d and shrooms many times, including amt. he told me he had never happen an experiance so powerful ever in his life and that he will be forever changed by this. he told me that acid is more of a mindfuck than mescaline is, that it overwhelms you and doesn't give you a clear path. with this, he had a clear path and i showed him true acts of power. we all stood around a fire and i showed him the power that we all shared in the power and helped him see the fire he had inside of him. i also showed him how to fly. as for me. we'll i died last night and now i am reborn. we all will have to die someday. will you live to tell about it?

I've had both mescaline extract, and san Pedro cactus, aswell as LSD and have to say I much prefer LSD.

Mescaline was one of the few psychdedleics i found it easy to socialize on while peaking.
I even wanted to talk to people.

this was another great aspect of mescaline for me. If mescaline had a shorter a slightly shorter duration and a quicker come up. it would be the number one psychedelic imo. It has such a clear focus to it thats almost elegant, and it coaxes you friendly into pretty heavy duty trip.

I think it depends what you are looking for/in the mood for. Certainly they are both amazing gems.

LSD tends to be more intense in many ways, especially ego loss, "the fear", time perception, synaestesia, visuals (usually).

Mescaline tends to be more euphoric and peaceful, more geared towards life improvement to me although LSD has done the same on some trips. It can be very visual also, but seems in more of a patchy or digital way. It tends to cause much more nausea, which has made it too unpopular.I'm glad it is :) at least to most mainstream drug users. Of course there is always the idiots who claim to have had mescaline blotters (i've bought "mescaline" gels and blotters too but know it was LSD).

They last about the same amount of time, and are both easily life-changing. If I had to call one more "fun" than the other, or which has best recreational potential I'd easily say mescaline. Very hard to have an outright bad trip on, as with LSD you may be half a hit away from one.

I did vote for mescaline because it seems to carry more spiritual significance to me.

mescaline is astonishing, just as valid as Psilocybin or LSD, but damn that purge! this drug would be entirely social if one didn't have to lay in nausea for 4 hours just to warf up the dose.

I will take mescaline dozens more times in my life but I save it for solo or buddy trips where they understand thoroughly the effects of drugs, you can't just expose mescaline cactus to people and hope they'll take, you barf the dose your nauseous for hours unless your catatonically still. Mescaline is FUN once it comes on, even less socially paranoid and anxious but it is physically incapacitating.

I feel mescaline would work better for ceremonial cleansing purposes whereas LSD can be taken more willy nilly and at a shot.

Mescaline always comes up, and this is coming from a guy whos never puked up his mushrooms not even after 60-70 trips :p stuff just comes right back up in green bundles and it makes me think "so wheres the LSD?" lol I do enjoy the lack of a mindfuck more clarity and somewhat stimulatory edge. I should try and extract of mescaline and stop complainin'

I've had pure mescaline once, but only after drinking countless cups of vile green liquid and eating death flavored powered. It is alot of work to try to get the cactus inside you, but definitely worth the numerous stab wounds from two inch needles.. Something is lost just eating a speck of paper, you bond more with your trichocereus. Part of the reason
I like cacti so much is that I have never puked, just felt horrible for two hours then it great for ten. For me, theres a bit less of a "hangover" the next day with cacti. Mescaline seems alot more in dept than acid as well.

Acid is so mysterious, we never know what is on our blotters and only can discern good from bad or potent from weak.

The cactus is much more reliable in this respect and making your own mescaline extracts seems to be the way to go.

Actually i've only ever put dried material in gel capsules only to swallow 30-40 of them which leads to some intoxicating nausea in and of itself.

Is drinking a gooey tea any more...settling? anyone? possibly gnawing down on dried cactus chips? peyote is out of the question but plenty of san pedro and peruvianus around.

having tried both about an equal number of times now, I gotta put all my chips on mescaline, by far the most valuable/ grounded to reality

lsd still has much value though, particularly in giving the sane a glimpse into the world of mental disorders. The best way to understand a schizophrenic is to become one =)

Last edited:
uh oh, you're going to spark a lot of argument with that comment lol...

personally i don't see how one of the most lucid psychedelics is anything like schizophrenia; if you had to liken a substance to schizophrenia i'd put my bets on datura

Schizophrenia is more similar to amphetamine psychosis than any other drug-induced state of mind, to the best of my knowledge.

right, i agree. i was considering the primary effects of the drug, but you make a good point. regardless, lsd is definitely not like schizophrenia.

right, i agree. i was considering the primary effects of the drug, but you make a good point. regardless, lsd is definitely not like schizophrenia.

Eat around a mg and spend 6 hours or so talking to people you THINK are in the room with you, realizing every now and then that you've been alone the whole time..only to forget a few seconds later and start chatting up no-one again haha

Low to Medium dose, I totally agree, but you can push the envelope right off the table if you have enough paper

Eat around a mg and spend 6 hours or so talking to people you THINK are in the room with you, realizing every now and then that you've been alone the whole time..only to forget a few seconds later and start chatting up no-one again haha

Low to Medium dose, I totally agree, but you can push the envelope right off the table if you have enough paper
Drug induced delirium != schizophrenia.

Somehow you seemed to have missed it. The "psychedelics cause model psychosis" hypothesis was debunked.

[Thread found in Google, hence the bump of semi-old thread.]

Welcome to bluelight ^

I was talking about the post before mine though, saying there are similarities between schizophrenic behavior and what excessive doses of LSD can produce.

If it is said that a bad LSD experience can trigger schizophrenia in people susceptible to it, why should we not think there is a connection between the two experiences?

Mescaline is just a 13 hour spiritual dream for me, I can shape the moment into whatever I please. Sometimes very productive and creative - other times really euphoric and exciting. The only negative is availability and costly prep. for extracts. Sometimes body load is a bit sickly and uncomfortable but is just something to overcome with experience. If mescaline came in blotters I'd be sold :) however I still love lucy, just not as regularly I think.