• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: is this even meth?!

Hello, I’m brand new to this but I’ve been looking at this site for years now. I finally decided to join and I’m looking forward to the advice. I have felt pretty alone for a while now! Okay, I am almost 32 and I used meth for the first time at 19…I think. I got extremely addicted to roxys and shooting up whichever one I could get a hold of (my baby’s father was an addict too but also a paramedic so that was easy) I lived in such denial about my “drug of choice” because I always claimed opiates but recently I’ve thought about it and I have always circled back to meth. Anyway, I’m sorry I get to rambling! Back then the meth gave me euphoria and my pupils would be huge, which I did not like at all. I enjoyed talking and chatting it up with whoever I was with. I have been out of that area for a while now but before I moved to where I am now I had started using it again but it was much different. Maybe it felt like…a small dose of adderall..? It was not at all the same and I had not used it in a couple of years. I’ve had clean time here and there throughout the years. I started using again once I found people down here that use. It was just like the last time I used it back home. There is no euphoria at all, I have just a faint energy but I can just go to sleep. I got paranoid very very bad and that’s it. It was me becoming the person that I did not know and I hate to admit this but I got a case of meth mites and I absolutely believed with everything in me that something was wrong and we had bugs. I’m ashamed. I even went to the ER once at 1:00 in the morning and they gave me Ativan while I was there and a prescription because of the way I was acting. I guess I’m trying to figure out why it is that I can’t feel any sort of high on it and certainly no euphoria or clenched jaws. I only almost got myself put in a mental institution but there was no actual high. Can anyone help me? Is this just where I live and it’s not meth at all now? Thank you to anyone that read my rambling on and on. I appreciate the ability to ask other people what they think from their experiences and I absolutely appreciate that this site exists and I can be myself. Have a good night/morning!
It's because of the mass amounts of crap that comes from Mexico. You could try and smoke it all night long, but more than likely you'll get tired and go to bed. On the bright side, it's a great reason to quit.

This sounds like long term brain changes or tolerance. I see this all over this site I've used meth here and there for 10yrs . There's no difference now besides a mild Perma tolerance no matter how long the break. The DEA posts results of siezed meth it's almost always 95% pure + from what I remember
What does pure even mean according to the DEA? (+-)-N,alpha-Dimethylphenethylamine? i.e. racemic meth. or (-)-(R)-N,alpha-Dimethylphenethylamine.? Ie L-meth, is it 95% pure (-)-(S)-N,alpha-Dimethylphenethylamine? i.e. d-meth. This is the good stuff. L-meth is what’s in nasal decongestant inhailers. unless it’s either 95% N,α-Dimethylphenethylamine or (-)-(S)-N,alpha-Dimethylphenethylamine then it’s pure 95% bullshit. They can claim l-meth or any number of substitutes and analogs to be ”pure” if it’s 95% of that analog. Just look at the the synonyms used for meth on this site. Some are just other way to math meth, but some others are similar chemicals that arem’t meth, like Α,α-Dimethylphenethylamine for examine, is nearly identical to meth but this is Phentermine. How much you wanna bet they,would call it 95%:pure if half of it was this stuff? We have no idea what’s in most street meth regardless what the DEA claims.

I’m also wondering if it’s actually long term brain changes or maybe just that for some people, aging changes how stimulants affect us.

I can’t seem to get properly stimmed on ANY stimulant now that I’m older. Dexedrine sort of works but it’s not anywhere near as good as it was when in my early 20s. I’m quiet instead of chatty etc… I get a mild boost but I wish I was young again.

The prevailing form of meth we have today is complete garbage compared to what you were probably used to. Right now the market is saturated with the same low quality cartel crap comes from the same labs, is made differently, and comes out differently. I'm not a chemist, I didn't even take chemistry in high school, so I don't know any buzz words or lingo. But the stuff today is like the other side of a coin from what it was just 7 or 8 years ago. You can't even compare today's meth to what was available in the late 90s.
I agree the stuff around now is Almost complete garbage. Law enforcement has constricted the ability to obtain the correct materials needed and what being substituted to compensate in place of the real things is pretty sketchy. If they would let the ingredient list be obtained could get good stuff but after 30+ years I am getting tired of buying what's supposed to be and is not. Yea my dopamine and receptors yadda yadda yadda. I could stay up for long runs and be physically and mentally exhausted but some real stuff would get me up again. And nit even that much. But not now I fall asleep with a full bowl in my hand smoking and ain't been up for even 1 day. . Yhe stuff they make it out of is to constrained. And now fentanyl is mixed in with it. Wtf why can't I just get some good product it's not like it's expensive to produce and what's the deal are all the cutting agents that cheap to cut the once cheapest longest lasting product around my God. Before when you just acetone wash and get ⅔back good stuff seems like a million years ago. And the stuff don't really come clean 😕. Dang I wann get some real stuff. So it aint just you original post it's all over variants of and looks like and mixed with everything else. But no real speed ahead.. Dang first lady when that movie star was pres. In the 80s.