• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth - Mushrooms for healing?

Anotherwon

Greenlighter
I've seen mushrooms mentioned in a few places about helping to recover some damage from meth use. My mushroom days are long over and its a trip to be going the other way on this now. But even then I was only familiar with like 2 different types, and want to know if there is something specific to use. Also, I was never aware of microdosing psychs back then and thought it was a meme because of how I first saw it mentioned, so I would need pointers there if that's part of the answer.

I haven't really heard about this specifically, but psychedelics can definitely be helpful for you in an emotional and/or spiritual way. Which could definitely make it useful for recovering from meth use.

They activate certain parts of the brain, increase neuroplasticity, and create new pathways and connections through your brain. So idk if the science is rly there, due to lack of studies, but I would argue that it could potentially be useful.

I mean maybe someone has studied it, I rly don't know, but that's kinda my stance on it. Worth a shot I think, as long as you follow basic HR principles while tripping.

Maybe try less Meth?:
3DRcYwa.png

rv1ikIk.jpeg

👍

Last edited:
I believe psychedelics can help move away and recover from meth, but my experience is with LSD rather than mushrooms.

Personally, I have been able to stop a compulsive meth binge in its tracks by tripping. It can be a gruelling kind of trip but I’ve actually flushed grams of meth or just store it for weeks afterwards and not felt any real comedown or craving for at least a week afterwards. Adding ketamine is even more effective in this regard.

Then tripping once a week or so when you do feel uncontrollable meth cravings is good for killing them - but again the trip can be gruelling. Definitely not shits and giggles especially if your addiction to meth driven by unresolved grief or trauma.

One thing I found difficult though is that meth fucked my Executive Control long term resulting in very impulsive behaviour even when I was fully conscious that the behaviour was not something I really wanted to do. For a while this led to compulsive re-dosing of LSD for days on end even when I was tolerant. I don’t think it was anywhere near as harmful as smoking a gram of meth a day though so I was still better off and gradually I slowed down.

In terms of repairing the damage that meth did, I found that after a couple of full-on trips (rather than merely dosing LSD when tolerant and not feeling its effects) I had significant improvements in working and long term memory, improved verbal and written fluency, and generally felt that my comprehension and processing of new information was improving rapidly and heading towards pre-meth levels.

There is ample evidence of the way LSD creates new and novel connections in the brain to hypothesise it aided my cognitive and intellectual improvement and recovery.

However, during the overall experience I found that taking massive doses of LSD trying to beat tolerance actually reversed all the improvements and made me feel as retarded as meth did but in a different way. For practical purposes though the resulting brain fog made it just as difficult to function for days on end and was accompanied by enormous mental and physical fatigue.

I'm not Batman, thanks.

Yeah, this is long proven, you can use psychotropes to recover from addiction:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25563446/

Psilocybin-fig-1-2.jpg

For example, Psilocybin reduces reactivity of your Amygdala to negative emotional stimuli,
which means, that it helps you especially get over the soul-crushing.
Through Psychotropes, different parts of your brain become more diverse and even work more energetically.

They also aim for your Serotonin 2A receptors, meaning they reduce your brain activity in specific regions, or better said the activity of your communication system within your brain, also known as default mode network (DMN).
This sounds trivial, but it is huge, because in active addiction, especially during withdrawal, your DMN is flooded with negative emotions and thoughts and cravings, but the shrooms just shut the network up to a certain degree, factually reducing cravings.

That's it from the info fairy.

I'm not Batman, thanks.

Yeah, this is long proven, you can use psychotropes to recover from addiction:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25563446/

Psilocybin-fig-1-2.jpg

For example, Psilocybin reduces reactivity of your Amygdala to negative emotional stimuli,
which means, that it helps you especially get over the soul-crushing.
Through Psychotropes, different parts of your brain become more diverse and even work more energetically.

They also aim for your Serotonin 2A receptors, meaning they reduce your brain activity in specific regions, or better said the activity of your communication system within your brain, also known as default mode network (DMN).
This sounds trivial, but it is huge, because in active addiction, especially during withdrawal, your DMN is flooded with negative emotions and thoughts and cravings, but the shrooms just shut the network up to a certain degree, factually reducing cravings.

That's it from the info fairy.
You're smart, you're radically intelligent. Goddamn, don't deny your Batman! Common now....

Hey OP, what was your meth use like? is it possible you didn't do any damage and you are just psyching yourself out?

It takes a lot of meth to cause long term physical damage. Its more the behavioral effects that are harmful to your life.

So the most important thing is that you stop doing meth. Time is a great healer.

Last edited:
I had meth psychosis long after I gave it up
Was on anti psychotics, sleeping tablets and benzos for a while.. had to taper off slowly and work hard to grab hold of myself

I had residual psychosis for 2 years of so afterward.
It did gradually get better due to abstaining from drugs, getting therapy, changing my life style, other general rehabilitation techniques.. etc etc

However I decided to trip on mushrooms as they helped me find my spiritual self in the past
(A gamble I know)

Anyway the mushroom helped me a lot and removed the last of my residual psychosis by guiding me that I was a good, pure person and that I didn't have to feel bad about my past or all the guilt I carry...

It showed me the amount of weight and tension I was carrying with me all the time (the residual psychosis)

It guided me to let it go and allowed me to accept myself.

Since this moment I don't have any residual psychosis or very very insignificant amounts
(Occasionly there might be the slightest trigger but I'm instantly able to recognise it and stop it continuing into an actual delusion / mini psychosis)

I don't advise anyone to do hallucinogens after being involved with meth as the potential harm is huge.

But it really did cleanse and aid me to leave behind the last of that bad meth energy

Hey OP, what was your meth use like? is it possible you didn't do any damage and you are just psyching yourself out?

It was a boundary for me so any usage was (to me) an issue, I would be considered pretty light and am not trying to start a mushroom regimen immediately or anything. But yeah I see now why it was a boundary.

And I learned a lot from psychedelics, but it was long ago and there's more info now, more sources. Its just something I think I better look into just in case. I just wanted something here too, I appreciate the links, info, and stories you guys gave.

Last edited:
I've seen mushrooms mentioned in a few places about helping to recover some damage from meth use. My mushroom days are long over and its a trip to be going the other way on this now. But even then I was only familiar with like 2 different types, and want to know if there is something specific to use. Also, I was never aware of microdosing psychs back then and thought it was a meme because of how I first saw it mentioned, so I would need pointers there if that's part of the answer.
Mushrooms helped with my depression