MK677 Bizarre psychological response

In my very limitless experience with mk667, at around 4mgs i get a bit of hunger, not that noticeable, but at the 24-48h I start to feel a pain in the ankles. Like pines/inflammation. Lasting for hours.

So I have to stoped the experiment. The 3 times I took mk677, seperated by months, the 3 times got the pain in the ankles and wrist

Anyone knows why or how to prevent this?

Only thing that comes to mind when I'd have pinning/tingling pain in lower extremities is when I'd allow my blood pressure to get too high along with some edema on certain compounds.

Only thing that comes to mind when I'd have pinning/tingling pain in lower extremities is when I'd allow my blood pressure to get too high along with some edema on certain compounds.
Yeah some people get awful edema on it. I'm fortunate that I do not even at 50mg/day

Interesting read as I've been trying to understand more...

Conclusions:
Ghrelin administration and overexpression of the ghrelin receptor in the amygdala induces anxiolytic-like behavior. Since the ghrelin receptor has high constitutive activity, ligand-independent signaling in vivo may be important for the observed anxiolytic-like effects. The anxiolytic effects seem to be mediated independently from the HPA axis, potentially engaging the central serotonin system.

I have recently began using MK677 (Ibutamoren) since August 4th. My first dose I started our conservatively and did 12.5mg/0.5ml as it's dosed 25mg/ml. I had mildy increased hunger, but nothing really noticeable or outside of the norm regarding my own natural hunger.

Now onto the weird part...

(Aug 4) First dose of MK677 within roughly 90-150 seconds I was in a full blown panic attack/PTSD style episode. I just had to talk myself down and remember it was a ticket for a ride that eventually ends. The actual crawling out of skin feeling lasted for about 3-4 hours before I was able to return to normal activity and comfortably sit in my chair without the occasional fleeting emotion triggering me to want to run full speed. Ironically as long as I stayed moving/pacing the actual situational awareness to my heart rate and the palpitation faded. It was only upon trying to stay still that it seemed the anxiety would exacerbate itself 10x fold.

(Aug 5) Second dose of MK677 I went way more conservative wondering if it at first it was my own psychosomatics playing into the fear mongering of myself as I'm taking a rather foreign substance imo than what I'd have traditionally injected or popped orally. I only dosed 5mg/0.2ml and had a slight spike in heart rate initially that I very noticeably felt, but it then fell off about an hour. Similar to that quick jump in heart rate you get after administering clenbuterol. I had no anxiety that night and went to sleep just fine.

(Aug 6) Third try dosing MK677 I went up to 7.5mg/0.3ml and boom triggered right back into a state of anxiety/PTSD/fight or fight. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. This time I wanted to see what I could use to quickly alleviate the issues and 0.5mg of clonazepam completely removed all palpitations and brought me back to my normal baseline + the mild sedative effect.

I'm coming to the understanding that there must be something inherently wrong with my body's own stress response and the cascading chain of events that occurs from a spike in ghrelin activity in my brain. I don't want to 100% throw in the towel yet as I feel this is something rather psychosomatic that I may be missing or that I may be able to utilize some known anti-anxiety supplements beforehand to offset the initial response my brain has to it. I've found a lot of various threads on reddit regarding people experiencing extreme episodes of anxiety without any real known past experience with stress related disorders. Also to mention there is a study that utilized MK677 as a means of enhancing fear in rats, but would that really translate over to humans?

I'm planning on removing THC completely from my body and trying this again soon.
I read all of your postings I found them helpful at the same time still lost when it comes to my decision to try taking mk677 again. I took one pill and I actually emptied just about half of it so it was a lower dosage. I took it in the morning after I ate because I read with help absorb slower and I actually felt good . I felt tired tho after about 30 min to an hour I can't remember because that night I went to sleep I woke up after about 5 to 6 hours of sleep (unsure if it was loud cars & neighbors that woke me or the MK. I had a long night didn't get to sleep at my normal time took my sleep med later than usual as well which is Seroquel for a sleep med... I also take keppra sense I went through some trauma and abuse where I was being sleep deprived on purpose and others things being done to me that induced seizures in me as cause Me PTSD I was told by a doctor.
When I woke up at like 7am I woke up in a panic and my heart was pounding I too felt heart palpitations felt like possiblity of an aura could have been triggered it took me a whole day to feel a little normal again. I'm still feeling a little energy come in go like anxiety but very lightly and goes away within minutes. I took a piece of Ativan which seem really helped make me feel normal as in brought down the panic feeling or fear feeling...Now I still feel like my body liked mk677 but my my PTSD didn't not sure what caused my heart to pound waking me me abruptly out of my sound sleep.
So my friend told me about Mk677 so that's how I heard of it .
I've recently been cleared of all seizure activity in my brain...but I do deal with depression anxiety when Under stress that induce panic attacks and flare up my PTSD I guess which can induce a seizure in me if I feel to much Fear.

My friend said mk would help me sleep better as I have read all the benefits mk677 has for sleep...but I am sensitive to melatonin so not everything can help me sleep healthy.

I haven't taken another mk pill sense the other day
I'm just scared of feeling that fight or flight feeling you speak of...And I noticed now that if I eat what is called rice con leche which is a little cup I eat everyday and had no problem until I took MK ,
Im wondering if it was the carbs and sugar in it like you mentioned might need to narrow down well taking MK ?
I'm wondering if mk messes with the glucose so levels to drastically, which can trigger seizures if they go up to fast and go down to fast which is also why people with seizures are supposed to stay away from foods that raise your glucose levels to fast like Banana pineapple mangos and so on.
I can say I still feel the good side effects after just one pill of mk but also some bad effects still lingering which are enough to scare me from taking another pill.
Do you have any feedback on my situation?

Hello guys. Have we figured out what causes this anxiety, panic etc / where the problem arises from in the body / brain? I've always struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life, but I got everything under control these past few years thanks to an SSRI, "cured" my anxiety 100%, couldn't get anxious no matter what. Took MK-677 at 25mg a day from October to February, and February 13th all hell broke loose, I stopped MK and started looking into it, saw people were having this problem, and from February to now, my life has been ruined. 24/7 constant anxiety / panic attacks, terrible physical symptoms at all times, I can't even function. Trying to figure out a cause to go to a specific doctor for a possible fix. Tried a neurologist, he had no clue, Primary doctor, no clue.

Hello guys. Have we figured out what causes this anxiety, panic etc / where the problem arises from in the body / brain? I've always struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life, but I got everything under control these past few years thanks to an SSRI, "cured" my anxiety 100%, couldn't get anxious no matter what. Took MK-677 at 25mg a day from October to February, and February 13th all hell broke loose, I stopped MK and started looking into it, saw people were having this problem, and from February to now, my life has been ruined. 24/7 constant anxiety / panic attacks, terrible physical symptoms at all times, I can't even function. Trying to figure out a cause to go to a specific doctor for a possible fix. Tried a neurologist, he had no clue, Primary doctor, no clue.
I had my panic attacks and PTSD under control as well and the first time I took mk677 the other day
I had a panic attack the next morning. Heart pounding and heart palpations...my skin was crawling I was actually scared I was going need to go the hospital for a bit there. I took a piece of Ativan which really helped but I'm still very Leary on trying it again. My friend keeps telling me to take the whole dosage but I took half the 25mg dosage and had this experience so I'm scared to try the whole dosage. I'm told it works better and the low dosage doesn't work as well but hell what would I have felt like if I took the whole pill if I felt the way I did with just half? Does anyone know why this is happening Ive read a lot of peoples experiences so I'm not the first to have this experience.

I would say in recent years I've had some mild anxiety, but it's mostly due to life situations changing and just growing up. I am diagnosed with PTSD and at one point took prazosin to manage it. Nothing that has ever been bothered by my past recreational drug use or even other traditional AAS I've exposed myself to. I came into using MK677 with no real expectations and was told to use it at least 2-3 hours before bed as to not disturb the ability to fall asleep.

I'm a heavy marijuana user and that may be a contributing factor as I'm taking it late evening and by that time I've smoked quite a bit. It could also be purely psychosomatic and I'm not in denial against that. It would just be a first for me. I'm scheduled for blood work next week.
I use to be a very heavy cannabis user untill a doctor wrongfully forced a pill on me that had Narcan in it which he's now being investigated for...since that pill I haven't been able to smoke weed and it actually Gave me PTSD I had panic attacks but LDN pill gave me PTSD and now I'm unable to have even a Red Bull which I was able to even the big cans , can't smoke can't have sugars and salt and gave me vertigo problems over 6 months. Everything has subsided doctors did many tests because I did prior have stress induced seizures after some very traumatic stuff was done to me , but I've gotten better , tests all clear but still can't have energy drinks smoke or have a lot of sodium. So now I want to try mk677 but seems like it brought back PTSD and Fear feeling...I woke up at 6:30am in morning with heart palpitations my heart was pounding I felt a strong fear and had to take a piece of Ativan for the first time in like 8 months ,maybe longer.
It helped me enough to go back to sleep and sleep it off but took at least 30 mins , still I was not myself the rest of the day.
So MK677 definitely does cause PTSD to come back anxiety panic fear I felt it all after one pill the morning before and I emptied half the pill so it would have been worse if I took the whole 25mg. Waited a few days to try again and this time took it at night and a smaller dosage like a quarter of it and i woke up startled in a panic with my heart pounding but not as bad as the first time so less helped. I needed another piece of Ativan to bring down the panic attack. Now I'm wondering if I keep doing it in low dosage if my body will eventually be able to get use to it and stop sending me into a PTSD episode and heart palpations . Also I noticed after the first pill I couldn't eat my little rice con leche cup which also has a little cinnamon in it maybe brought on anxiety like I was diabetic or something. Jus weird and I've read others saying it also has happened to them with certain foods.

Mk677 is great for those who don't have these issues I hope someone figures out how to help us who are having these issues and really want to be able t continue mk677.

I think this study may have been already posted somewhere in here but give it a read.

Hey, I’ll quickly share my story with you. I took MK-677 for 7 days and also had major changes happen physically and in my personality. I’m a healthy 20 year old with no prior issues and no past anxiety or depression. First let me start with the bizarre psychological response that I had to the drug. On day 7, I took the drug before boarding a 5 hour flight. Once the plane landed I experienced “disembarkment syndrome” which is a neurological condition that causes loss of balance, fainting, and feeling like the aircraft is still moving even after landing. This was a very scary experience and also caused a panic attack which made me feel like I was having a heart attack and about to pass out. After having the bad reaction on day 7, I completely stopped using it on July 20th, 2023. 3 weeks after coming off MK-677, I also experienced a “crash” or all hell break loose scenario in my body. Fear, fight or flight easily activated, depression and anxiety like never before, panic attacks and crying episodes, loss of ambition, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, hallucinations/seeing demons. Along with all these changes, I had other small changes that seem to be the result of a hormonal imbalance. Things like a bitter taste to fruits, unquenchable thirst, frequent urination, acidic tears, etc. Mind you all these symptoms/side effects were still happening for weeks/months after stopping use of MK-677. Today is November 6, 2023, it has been 3 months since I last used MK-677 and I am still healing from the damage this drug has done. I still have a heightened sense of anxiety/depression, and a slight change in my personality. The hormonal/chemical imbalance seems to be getting better, as my blood work did come back healthy. I am going to see an endocrinologist for possible hormonal related issues, and I’m waiting to hear back results of my brain/cervical spine MRI for possible neurological damage. The doctors have not been able to help me. I recommend anyone going through something similar to this, to completely quit all drugs, and let your body recover and heal itself. This is a research chemical, with not that many studies. Who knows exactly what it does to the body and brain, but it’s clear it has an effect hormonally and neurologically.

Ghrelin receptors can be epigenetically down regulated by MK677. Read more here:

Idk if this has anything to do with that, but it’s been 3 months and my appetite still has not returned to normal. My stomach use to growl intensely after not eating for 4+ hours. Now I can go and not eat for the whole day and my body doesn’t really let me know I’m hungry. My stomach growls are weaker and my brain doesn’t send signals to me that I’m hungry. In reverse ever since Mk-677, I have needed a lot more water and I have had extreme thirst sensations even after drinking water.

Idk if this has anything to do with that, but it’s been 3 months and my appetite still has not returned to normal. My stomach use to growl intensely after not eating for 4+ hours. Now I can go and not eat for the whole day and my body doesn’t really let me know I’m hungry. My stomach growls are weaker and my brain doesn’t send signals to me that I’m hungry. In reverse ever since Mk-677, I have needed a lot more water and I have had extreme thirst sensations even after drinking water.

You may have given yourself insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
You should get a HbA1c test done, it will tell you about your average blood glucose levels for the last couple of months.