• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

News MLB's Lockout

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
It appears the interest in MLB here is mild, but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on the lockout. For? Against?

Any predictions about when it will end?

After the collective bargaining agreement (between MLB and the players' union) ended, this initiated the first lockout since 1990.

I don't know much about it. I really only have a passing interest in baseball, although i watched every game when the Nationals won the World Series, and that was super hype.

But I'm interested in learning more about it.

Not really currently following MLB recently, but I do recall MLB has gone into these lockouts periodically in the past. Eventually they get over themselves and back to "play ball". Sorry that's probably no help to the original questions.

they fucked the Montreal Expos with that one cancelled season

for a year and a half, i bet the Expos every time they played on a Thursday because they had won like 50+ straight Thursday games

Baseball is the funnest game to put money on by far

they fucked the Montreal Expos with that one cancelled season

for a year and a half, i bet the Expos every time they played on a Thursday because they had won like 50+ straight Thursday games

Baseball is the funnest game to put money on by far
I don’t bet baseball much, but you can bet on the weirdest combinations. I don’t even understand half of the bets or why someone would want to gamble that way

I don’t bet baseball much, but you can bet on the weirdest combinations. I don’t even understand half of the bets or why someone would want to gamble that way

whats cool about baseball is that it's mostly money odds that you're betting on....and even the best teams lose 60 games a year - and it's a really streaky game...plus it's a numbers game giving you more to work with when picking a team to bet

I don't really have one. Never watched it much growing up. I guess the closest thing I had to a team was The Braves. When they won in 95 I got a t shirt and took my school picture with it.
You mean the Nationals 🙌

Shit that's funny I actually liked the Braves as a kid. Most because I guess I had a hand me down Atlanta t-shirt.

But yeah, I just read this. Looks like their canceling opening day and haven't solved the lockout yet.

i saw the Orioles play the Yankees the first time i ever went to a game at Yankees Stadium in the late 70s and that was my first team

i remember Reggie Jackson and Lou Piniella coming to the plate for the Yankees

i was like 6 or 7

i saw the Orioles play the Yankees the first time i ever went to a game at Yankees Stadium in the late 70s and that was my first team

i remember Reggie Jackson and Lou Piniella coming to the plate for the Yankees

i was like 6 or 7
That's awesome man.

Only baseball game I've been to was at Camden Yards, the Houston Astros came to play. It was actually a pretty good game. Couldn't tell ya who won. Actually I'm pretty sure the O's did now that I think of it. It was fun.

I've tried to see Nats games but got rained out literally multiple times, once on my fucking birthday. It's like yeah I'm not gonna drive into fucking SE DC for the possibility of seeing a game. One thing I hate about baseball is the rain shit.

we have the retractable roof here in case it rains - it barely rains here in the summer though - you probably get way more rain than we get in the summer - it gets super dry here - it's like Cali weather here in the summer but a little cooler - no humidity - perfect if you ask me

Camden Yards inspired all of the other newer stadiums built today

that's awesome that's the only park youve been to - did you think it was nice?

it's like a major leap from the concrete slabs of stadium we all had in the 70s and 80s

we have the retractable roof here in case it rains - it barely rains here in the summer though - you probably get way more rain than we get in the summer - it gets super dry here - it's like Cali weather here in the summer but a little cooler - no humidity - perfect if you ask me

Camden Yards inspired all of the other newer stadiums built today

that's awesome that's the only park youve been to - did you think it was nice?

it's like a major leap from the concrete slabs of stadium we all had in the 70s and 80s
Yeah, I definitely thought it was great. It was a good bit of fun, I went with my ex father in law. He was a bit of a goob, but he was a real smart guy, history teacher, always had interesting stuff to talk about.