• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos More reasons to love Diazepam

Diaz.is still available tool of battling alcohol withdrawls...in bigger than normal doses for a while.And i have seen heavy alc.addicts feels relatively normal when they quit drinkin' and use valium to prevent accute withdrawls

I was given chlordiazepoxide (librium) once for alcohol withdrawal. It was pretty weak shit. Diazepam is way better.

I mean it was better than nothing, but diaz is way better
Next time I go through withdrawal I hope they give me lots of Propofol & IV Diazepam

I need help. Was snorting this purple stuff that was coming out of Baltimore, was told it was fent. At first a match stick head size would floor me, full nods etc.. over a period of weeks needed more and more to where I ended up last week snorting 1 gram a day to just be sick.. I don't really even know what it was. I am so disappointed and furious at myself because I have had a problem with opiates for years and I have been on suboxones for 3 years when I decided to stop taking my subs and try this purple stuff. I am so upset with myself I'm so depressed I can't stop crying I'm so mad at myself that I did this after how far I had come but we will skip to the problem at hand. Now I am trying to quit and I'm getting all kinds of different information. My boyfriend who was doing it with me waited 36 hours from the last dose of the purple stuff and took a sub and he had the worst PWD i have ever seen in my life and almost went to the hospital. He had only taken one 8 mg strip and it threw him in to the withdrawals. I did the same thing that day but I took 32 mg at 1 time I didn't feel great but I wasn't having the serious withdrawals that he was having. Because we were feeling so bad because we took the subs too early we went and got more of the purple stuff because that was the only thing that would make us feel normal and like I said he was about to die on my couch so that was the only thing that instantly made him better. So fast forward a month so in total I would say we did this for 3 to 4 months only and only the snorting route and that's where we are now we have like 50 subs but we are afraid to take them. I also have (15) 50 mg tramadol but I don't know anything about them I don't know if They would help me transition from the fent to the tramadol to the subs like a bridge method. Over the last 7 to 10 days we were trying to do the Burmese method where we were taking very little strips of sub along with very little amounts of the purple stuff gradually increasing the suboxone and tapering down the purple ..well we did that and my boyfriend was 3 days without the fentanyl and had like 6-8 MG of subs in him from microdosing, But felt horrible last night again so he stuck on a fentanyl patch which I advised him not to do because I told him that's putting him back at day one because he was doing the Burmese method. Introducing the subs while lowering the Fent and by putting the patch on and I think it made him start over, i don't know. And of course because he did it and I was feeling bad I put on the patch too, well we both slept through the night but I woke up feeling so groggy and out of it so I immediately took the patch off and I feel better and so does he. We did A line of Coke this am and that seems to help tremendously with the withdrawals for some reason. So what do we do now?? I have patches, I have tramadol and a lot of suboxones. I'm trying to get 10mg oxycodone to maybe transition over. I'm wondering if the tramadol can help us transition. Like going from fent, to tramadol, to subs. I also have a few Xanax and weed. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced. It's not like any other opiate where u just take subs when u start feeling bad. No wonder people can't quit. I think I have all the tools to be able to do this and not have any withdrawals but I don't know exactly how I should do it.. any and all advice is welcome. PLEASE I really need help!! thank you in advance.
Use paragraphs

Last edited:
Yeah, every time I take Valium I just automatically don't drink alcohol, and don't even want to drink any. It definitely works
I love the combo together. Valium on its own is just a nice power off button (which is great too) but not fun like it is mixed with alcohol.

Of course it works. It quite literally binds to the same subunits on the GABAa receptors as Alcohol, offsetting the withdrawal.

Alcohol withdrawal generally has quite a short duration, so a short script of diazepam followed by a rapid taper will get just about any alcoholic back into the clear.

Problem is, once some alcoholics discover benzos, they relapse back onto the benzo rather than the alcohol and quite often the withdrawal period from long acting benzos like diazepam can last for months/years as opposed to the 1-2 week withdrawal window from alcohol.

Canada seems to be more free with benzos compared to other places and oddly enough benzo addiction isn't that big here. sure some do but not like in the usa with xanax.

Last edited:
Here benzo addiction/gaba addiction is common between ordinary workin people.Talk about to pop a pill or two just to relax and feel capable to fight the life without fight the people..it's not about takin handful of pills.People use it like prescribe in order to function in highly stressed situation...other part drink heavily right in the moment they back from work

Diazepam (Valium) 10mg tablets are worth their weight in Gold

Literally the Ultimate Benzodiazepine. Alprazolam (Xanax) is garbage compared to Valium. Clonazepam (Klonopin) is far better than Xanax & Ativan

I’ve taken literally every pharmaceutical benzodiazepine and thienotriazolodiazepine (Etizolam & Deschloroetizolam) and various RC Benzo’s (Diclazepam & Nitrazolam) and NOTHING even comes close to the warm, pleasurable, muscle relaxation Valium offers. Just 2 tablets are enough for a NICE mellow chill

Chemist Leo Sternbach from Hoffman-La Roche Pharma synthesized Diazepam (Valium) in the 50’s in addition to 2-Chloro-Diazepam (Diclazepam) which was never brought to market. He also synthesized Clonazepam (Klonopin)
K-Pin’s ….two of the most highly effective, highly desirable, long acting benzodiazepines.

Alprazolam (Xanax) is waaayyyy over rated. To me, a sleeping pill with zero good-feelings

Diazepam (Valium) is just Soooooo freaking effective & pleasurable. A rapid acting, potent anxiolytic with a very long half-life.

I absolutely LOVE Blue Vallies :)

Last edited:
Valium does have a comforting feeling to it for sure. Somewhat comparable to an opioid, but with a more gradual fade off.

I wouldn't say Xanax is overrated though, it just serves a slightly different usage case and can offer great short term relief for insomnia. Can also be used short term to get back into a regular sleeping pattern if you're prone to irregular sleep cycles.

Here benzo addiction/gaba addiction is common between ordinary workin people.Talk about to pop a pill or two just to relax and feel capable to fight the life without fight the people..it's not about takin handful of pills.People use it like prescribe in order to function in highly stressed situation...other part drink heavily right in the moment they back from work
"feel capable to fight the life without to fight the people"

Such beautiful words.
Nas, my friend... you're a true poet 😎

Long life diazepam!!!
God save the Pill, as them brits sing...

I don’t get how anyone describes Alprazolam as sedating or useful with insomnia. My doctor keeps me on it due to the more intoxicating and sedating effects of other BZDs. It doesn’t help me sleep at all except in calming my racing thoughts. Other benzos are far better for insomnia in my experience, any other benzos really. Alpraz is the most “upper” type benzo for me. 1mg of clonazepam and I’m passing out for the night, 1mg alpraz and I’m just chillin but can’t sleep.

Weird.

I was just putting some rubbish from my car into my big bin and found a 5mg diaz still in the packet. I couldn't believe my eyes. That's how precious these things are to me.

Until last year I got private scripts for 100 x 5mg nitrazepam (Mogadon). In April last year I got cut off cold turkey by the doctor. Relapsed on alcohol and within a month was in ICU, then in and out of hosp for a few months.

After that I still couldn't find a doctor who would prescribe benzos of any kind. It was absolutely horrible. I eventually found one and I'm allowed 50 x 5mg diazepam every couple of months, with a lecture about it not being a long-term solution.

Meanwhile I can buy a bottle of vodka a day from the same bottleshop without question if I want to -- a guy in Melbourne died from alcohol toxicity recently and he'd bought 11 bottles of vodka in the 10 days leading up to his death.

So I ration my little diazepams like crazy and even halve them sometimes. I don't care if I'm on them for the rest of my life (already been 30 years on and off).

I don’t get how anyone describes Alprazolam as sedating or useful with insomnia. My doctor keeps me on it due to the more intoxicating and sedating effects of other BZDs. It doesn’t help me sleep at all except in calming my racing thoughts. Other benzos are far better for insomnia in my experience, any other benzos really. Alpraz is the most “upper” type benzo for me. 1mg of clonazepam and I’m passing out for the night, 1mg alpraz and I’m just chillin but can’t sleep.

Weird.
My experiences with Benzo's have been limited to Valium and Xanax, so I have none other to compare them to. I'd say Xanax does a better job "knocking me out" compared to Valium.

For me, Valium basically numbs any sense of anxiety. I like how it feels. With Xanax, I don't really feel anything. It's almost like downing a bottle of Vodka too quickly and being KOed before having a chance to feel drunk.

Everyone's different I guess.

Diazepam (Valium) 10mg tablets are worth their weight in Gold

Literally the Ultimate Benzodiazepine. Alprazolam (Xanax) is garbage compared to Valium. Clonazepam (Klonopin) is far better than Xanax & Ativan

I’ve taken literally every pharmaceutical benzodiazepine and thienotriazolodiazepine (Etizolam & Deschloroetizolam) and various RC Benzo’s (Diclazepam & Nitrazolam) and NOTHING even comes close to the warm, pleasurable, muscle relaxation Valium offers. Just 2 tablets are enough for a NICE mellow chill

Chemist Leo Sternbach from Hoffman-La Roche Pharma synthesized Diazepam (Valium) in the 50’s in addition to 2-Chloro-Diazepam (Diclazepam) which was never brought to market. He also synthesized Clonazepam (Klonopin)
K-Pin’s ….two of the most highly effective, highly desirable, long acting benzodiazepines.

Alprazolam (Xanax) is waaayyyy over rated. To me, a sleeping pill with zero good-feelings

Diazepam (Valium) is just Soooooo freaking effective & pleasurable. A fast acting, potent anxiolytic with a very long half-life.

I absolutely LOVE Blue Vallies :)
I concur with you 1000%, BUD. Xanax is overrated short half life bitter tasting seizure inducing shit. I don't have a preferred one: both valium and klonopin work wonders for me. The chalky taste of valium that reminds me of super muscular relaxation and the minty taste of clonazepam....yum, they both good as hell.1

I hadn't tried alprazolam until the last couple of years. Tried it many times now and decided it's not all it is been cracked up to be. Lots of promise, even for those without anxiety, yet i never experienced any of the hyped err experience. I agree with the above, diazepam is truly the gold standard.

Oh and some people have said to me "ah well if you had this or that xanax you would think differently" - personally I don't buy it. Diazepam is consistent across many brands I've tried. Likewise with other pharma benzos.

Never had actual diazepam but a bunch of other, prescription as well as RC (etizolam, pyrazolam, and some others), benzodiazepines yet found nothing in them beside anxiety/panic relief when necessary. Overshooting the dosage makes me doing weird shit like engaging in a fight with the next best stranger (was in a psych ward, they gave me 5mg because I didn't black out after 2) which is quite similar to alcohol but somehow worse. In teenage years I liked doing 1mg of lorazepam together with a few beers, it was one of the best downer highs so far but also so unpredictable.

How do people think temazepam compares to diazepam? Not to hijack the thread or anythiong.
IME Restoril/Temazepam really shines (outshining Valium) at much higher doses than usually prescribed.

I was lucky enough to try almost all BZD’s in my country’s formulary and grateful to have had a doctor who Rx’d 60mg Restoril/night for a long time, as well as 60mg Flurazepam/night for a long time; there was also a trial of 0.5mg Halcion, but that’s another story for another time.

Restoril was almost comparable to Barbitirates at 120-150mg in the sense of a visceral body high and an extreme euphoria relative to all other BZD’s I trialed.

I’d say that 50-100mg Valium indeed has a muscle relaxation that’s quite nice, but the aforementioned Restoril dose range really earns it the “jelly” rep and comes with a euphoria that surpasses even that of Halcion at 0.5-1mg (however with Triazolo’s [including Xanax], which I find incredibly euphoric at high doses the accompanying amnesia really takes away from the experience as I often don’t remember just how good it felt).

TL;DR - Temazies at high doses rival Diazepam at comparable doses.

I am writing this about 45 min after taking 50mg of Valium which IIRC roughly equals 120mg of Restoril (someone please correct me if I’m slightly off on that); even though this is my second dose of 50mg Diaz today (first taken around 9 hours ago) and I do feel profoundly relaxed and at peace and am experiencing the all-round 5 effects of BZD’s, it doesn’t compare to the intensity magnified and highly specific physical anxiety and sedative effects we see when comparing Restoril to relative to Valium when dosage is cranked up.