• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine E.V to IV

pkt

Bluelighter
I have these tiny vials of 1ml morphine hydrochloride and they indicAte they are for S.C,I.M and E.V. I have since learnt that E.V stands for endovenosa which is slow intraveinous injection like when they mix it in with your drip. Now my question is do you think i can just mix the 1ml/20mg of morphine with 4-5ml of saline solution and just IV it like a normal vial?
Thanks in advance!

I.M. is intramuscular and that means that the API, active pharmaceutical ingredient, is only soluble in a non-polar solvent, example, oils. Which means that the injection must be in the muscle rather than on the vein because its in an oil rather than a saline solution.
If your I.V. thats intravenous meaning your API is dissolved or suspended in an aqueous solution, aka water/saline.

S.C subcutaneous. is the layer of fat that between the skin and muscle. For instance if you take your stomach and pull out the "fatty part" unless you have skin tight Abes you have some type of subconscious fat and that his where you would inject you solution wither its oil or water/saline based.

You need to dilute to whatever concentration works for you, if you 3mg/mL and you want 9mg, you inject 3mL. So your gonna dilute your ample or whatever then your just stretching your product out volumetrically.

I hope this answers your question.

I.M. is intramuscular and that means that the API, active pharmaceutical ingredient, is only soluble in a non-polar solvent, example, oils. Which means that the injection must be in the muscle rather than on the vein because its in an oil rather than a saline solution.
If your I.V. thats intravenous meaning your API is dissolved or suspended in an aqueous solution, aka water/saline.

S.C subcutaneous. is the layer of fat that between the skin and muscle. For instance if you take your stomach and pull out the "fatty part" unless you have skin tight Abes you have some type of subconscious fat and that his where you would inject you solution wither its oil or water/saline based.

You need to dilute to whatever concentration works for you, if you 3mg/mL and you want 9mg, you inject 3mL. So your gonna dilute your ample or whatever then your just stretching your product out volumetrically.

I hope this answers your question.

While I don’t doubt that less water soluble substances do better IM vs IV. It’s not completely necessary that water soluble means IV and non-polar means IM. Many water soluble drugs can be IM’ed, and on that same note certain non-water soluble drugs can be IV’ed.

Beyond that, some good info :)

-GC