• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
GI tract discomfort takes away from the profundity of the trip for me (distracts)...

Gaian Planes said:
GI tract discomfort takes away from the profundity of the trip for me (distracts)...

I guess I'm lucky, I've never had any discomfort on shrooms

I favor masticating fresh, and, likewise^, no stomach problems...but alot of people have that reaction, how unfortunate.

Changed said:
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had any discomfort on shrooms
I don't personally think luck exists because the existence of luck depends on an objective set of values and I do not believe we have such. But I get what you're saying. You consider yourself fortunate that...xyz occurs.

^You're welcome Changed. Consider your self fortunate as a four-leaf clover that Gaian Planes cleared up that cluster fuck of a post of yours about mushrooms with his deconstruction of the term "lucky"--whatever the hell that word is supposed to mean.

Some of my friends gag while eating mushrooms. They've had good trips by grinding up the mushrooms and stuffing them in triple zero caps.

There are benefits to each method. Wet, I have heard, contain more of the alkaloids, as the shrooms lose some potency when drying. Dry are easier to scarf down, IMO. Tea hits you faster and if made right, can taste pretty good, but you will probably be losing some potency in the process of making the tea.

If you have ready access to shrooms, you might as well just play around with the methods of ingestion and see what you like the best.

tycone said:
Chew up the mushrooms(perferably dry) till they are just mush and let em sit in your mouth for around 10 minutes.

why??? just wondering what the point is ? iv never noticed much difference exept dry they seem slightly weaker.
peace

psood0nym said:
^You're welcome Changed. Consider your self fortunate as a four-leaf clover that Gaian Planes cleared up that cluster fuck of a post of yours about mushrooms with his deconstruction of the term "lucky"--whatever the hell that word is supposed to mean.

=D ;)

Should I make a poll? If you have any other methods of ingestion not mentioned please PM me...?

I put some dried shroom in my mouth, chew, then take a gulp of V8 juice to wash it down with.

hmm.. I heard once of a method, where liquid was extracted from fresh mushrooms by cold pressing.. can't remember the details tho

i prefer freshies. and if my shits dried them bitches get grinded into powder and put in capsules. i almost always puke on the comeup, strange.

I like to grind mine up in a coffee grinder and dump it in a glass of orange juice. Almost totally covers the taste. Subjectively I think it might hit you slightly quicker this way but the difference is small if it exists at all.

one time there was some powder in the bottom of a bag that had like an ounce or so in there and i put some water in the bag (it turned BLUE!) and then put that blue water up my butthole! :)

kaosisallwesee said:
why??? just wondering what the point is ? iv never noticed much difference exept dry they seem slightly weaker.
peace
Well i said dry because in the case of holding them in your mouth it would take quite a bit more mouthfulls of mushrooms when their fresh, and that would be time consuming and kinda defeats the purposes of holding them in your mouth so they hit quicker.

swilow said:
Should I make a poll? If you have any other methods of ingestion not mentioned please PM me...?

I think a poll would be great! If you do make a poll, please also include the powdered in lemon juice method, its my favorite.

-There's no taste issues, just a single shot.
-The trip comes on extremely quick, less time spent in the come up phase.
-The peak is higher.
-The the come down is just as rapid.

The only downside for me is that the trip is over much quicker and there isn't as much of a plateau stage. Its about a 4 hour trip from ingestion.

Eat them raw. Fast for a few hours, at least 3-4 before eating them. Take ginger if you have an upset stomach.