• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
Alright so decided against doing it saturday morning before work which after doing it i'd definately say was a good idea!

I ended up trying them Sunday night for the first time, insanely awesome time... Lots of laughs, and just lots of funny shit happening all night haha. I really enjoyed it! The funniest shit of the night IMO was me dancing in the middle of the street at 3:00AM, at the sametime one of my friend was running away down the street, and one of my other friends climbing a fence dying laughin.

Some of my friends had bad trips though, freakin out and cryin :(.

Took it around 10, trip ended around 3:30am, ended up goin to school at 7:30am but I was fine at school just really tired!

IBeCrazy said:
Alright so decided against doing it saturday morning before work which after doing it i'd definately say was a good idea!

I ended up trying them Sunday night for the first time, insanely awesome time... Lots of laughs, and just lots of funny shit happening all night haha. I really enjoyed it! The funniest shit of the night IMO was me dancing in the middle of the street at 3:00AM, at the sametime one of my friend was running away down the street, and one of my other friends climbing a fence dying laughin.

Some of my friends had bad trips though, freakin out and cryin :(.

Took it around 10, trip ended around 3:30am, ended up goin to school at 7:30am but I was fine at school just really tired!

Glad you decided to wait til you didn't have work. How much did you end up taking? And I know you can have a bad trip off anything, anytime, but I've honestly never really had anything too bad happen, and shrooms/acid usually make me very happy, acid specifically. Sometimes I almost feel like I did the first few times I rolled, it's pretty cool. Set and setting is what makes your trip, always.

Me and all my friends ended up taking 1/2 an 1/8th each. There were 5 of us and we just did it at a friends house, but also ventured outside her house. It made me extremely happy along with one of the other guys, but seemed to bring out the others emotions like crazy and both girls were crying, 1 cried pretty much all night!

eat and eigth i did first tie, and had no idea what triping was like yet, have fucking fun man

dexis said:
Want some good advice, AVOID shrooms! Why start something you don't need, but just want to use for recreation?
Besides to answer one of your questions, if it's your first time, there is no way to predict how they will affect you. My first time we did them around dark, say 6 cuz it was in Winter, and we were fucked up all night. So I doubt you'll make into work. I've seen guys bigger than you trip, and lose it, get scared to death etc. I'm sure shrooms were much different in the 90's, but listen to me. You don't want to start anything you don't need, and if your friends have this planned, and know your a shroomvirgin, then they aren't really friends.
Horrible advice. You may have had a horrible experience, but that doesn't mean you should turn everyone off to them. They aren't quite for everyone, but I really don't think my life would have been fulfilled if I hadn't done them at least once. ;)

Mushrooms I feel have changed me for the much better. I feel more in tune with nature and appreciative of the world around me.

Although, makes me much more unhappy about society and how all that's going...soo...if you want to be blissfully ignorant, maybe stay away from psychedelics. ;)

I like to think I've taken the first steps of turning on, tuning in and stepping right out. I've only begun the journey though.

the first time i did shrooms i ate a half 8th of them at noon, and i was out of my trip by like 4 or 5, but i definetly felt kind out of it afterwards. if your job is hectic and you're gonna be running around a lot, i would suggest to wait.

i personally loved coming down off shrooms and just being sober and looking back on the experience, if you're gonna be able to chill out and think about the crazy experience you had, i say go for it.
dose wise, i reccomend a half 8th, 2 grams at the most.
a full 8th and you'll be wayyyy to mind shattered to feel alright at work IMO.
but if youve got no better day and this is when you can do it with friends, chomp them boomers!
but you should still try to eat em as early as you can.

Timetables in general are shitty while tripping, like other people have said, and I'm glad you waited until you had a bit more of a window.

When I'm tripping hard I have 0 concept of time and that can really fuck with your head trying to figure out what an hour means and what a drug means and what how many hours a drug lasts means...

But yeah glad you had a good time, yeah shrooms have always brought out some pretty deep emotions for me too, not surprising to hear that tears were shed, but the best part is waking up the next morning and knowing you're going to be better off because of it :)

i kinda asked the same question... i asked if its better lsd first or shrooms first, so alkmost everyone recommended LSD and other recommended 1gr of shrooms for firsts times so if that helps you..

eefanass said:
dose wise, i reccomend a half 8th, 2 grams at the most.
that depends on alot of things, i've had shrooms where i only need 3g., and some where i need almost 7g.

It was definately one of the weirdest experiences ive ever experienced LOL. Everything was really repetitive, but everything was hilarious pretty much, but then hearing voices and shit coming at you was somewhat scary. Shit it was intense! I felt at peace though, like especially when I was coming down I was just like wowwwwww.

I really did it at probably the best time I could timewise since im a busy motherfucker. I havent had a day since spring break free of either school or work and I normally never do.

yeah dude shroom come-downs is never really a bummer for me, it just feels so great to be back in time and in the world thinking about how much fun you just had.

i wonder if this is true for all powerful pyschedelics? the most intense hallucinogen ive done is shrooms.

First time on mushrooms

Okay well my dealer says he got shrooms... Well im obviously gonna buy some but heres the thing.. i dont know the prices or how much to get or anything.. What i wanna buy is like.. Enough for a trip for 3 people.. and then another trip fer me alone.. So its like.. 4 servings i guess you can put it.. IDK what sizes er grams or idk what they measured in.. He said something about shrooms in chocolate bars.. Can you help me please?!?! I'm like dead lost :(

I would split 2 eighths between the 3 people. (An eighth is 3.5 grams).

You could try to get him to throw in an extra gram or two for yourself for a later trip, it kinda depends how far you wanna go with it though. My first trip I only ate about 1.7 grams and it was HELLA intense. So ymmv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay well he said hes gonna get the mushrooms that are inside of like a chocolate bar.. and they have 2 grams.... Is that good er nahh?

Last edited by a moderator: