• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Nausea / Vomiting & Prevention

Idk maybe I had a bad experience, and don't let the weight fool you, it's the same amount of material, just not dried out so the extra weight is just water, though I don't know how much bigger it makes them. I'd imagine fresh mushrooms would be much easier to eat and be easier on the stomach as well.
Dried mushrooms are extremely dry. It breaks like twigs and compacts and gets stuck in your teeth.
Uggghhhh I hate the process of eating mushrooms, but the high is so worth it

EDIT: Seeing your post count I assume you know all that already and were just asking the question haha
Do you prefer dried over fresh?

I think its something in the mushroom that isn't soluble in water. Tea is the best way to go, either because it doesn't have whatever causes the nausea, or because it passes quickly out of the stomach much quicker and goes straight to the dome. Since it results in a quicker peak, it can be quite intense so I have tried drinking half then drinking the other half when I start to feel it. This gives a smoother experience.

The taste of the tea actually isn't bad but if you make it with equal parts lemon juice & sugar to taste (lemonade) or powdered iced tea mix you can barely even taste it.

Yes tea is actually an enjoyable taste, I mix mine with two spoonfuls of honey and it's delicious, but I would rather eat them in terms of the high and the duration of the high

I wonder if the vomiting on mushrooms is a similar reflex as when people vomiting on ayahuasca--a purge, if you will.

In other words, the mushrooms don't make you sick, you ARE sick, and the mushrooms help you purge negative energy, which is tied up with the physical.

I don't think the vomiting on mushrooms is the same thing as with ayahuasca tho - there's something distinct about a serotonin overload/MAOI/DMT hitting your system vomiting - the two arn't really comparable.

I really don't mind the taste of them dried, i just chew em up, sipping a glass of water, they taste quite earthy, as long as I just chew little bits at a time they don't ever give me a problem as far as taste goes.

@Solipsis. I've found that if my tolerance for mushrooms gets low (say I haven't had them in a month), I'm much more likely to experience an upset stomach; although not quite to the point of vomiting. 5-HO-DiPT always gave me an uneasy stomach, and 4-AcO-DMT occasionally.

I'm pretty sure on a personal level that there is not a problem with me digesting mushrooms; I regularly eat several edible kinds. I also get this problem with mushroom tea (I grind to a fine powder and then use a tea press, so no solids.

So I started experimenting with low dose Ranitidine and found it helps a lot

Interestingly I also discovered that Ranitidine reduces the facial itching that any tryptamine seems to cause me.

webbykevin; I haven't had a psychedelic vomit, and am pretty sure I don't want one....so I empathize. I've also found it's really bad if get some crunchy vermiculite :( Have you tried non a;coholic ginger beer?

Tom

Bit of an experiment tonight, I'm taking 4 grams dry and eating them with half a block of really expensive pure dark chocolate, and a cup of coffee to wash them down, no weed.

Will file report tomorrow.

thanks for every ones input.

I believe the aztecs used to take them with chocolate and/or honey. Good luck webby.

I have ate chocolate candy that had mushrooms in it and didn't even know. Until about 30mins later ? wtf who dosed me ?

I like tea, fresh shrooms aren't that bad, dried ones make me gag I usually wrap them in a piece of bread and I don't taste them.

If I eat a lot of shooms on the come up I can get queasy, I have never had that with pure tryptamines.

Psilocybin mushrooms shouldn't contain any compounds that directly upset your stomach. Well, except for psilocybin and psilocin!.

It's possible if you're eating dried mushrooms that they're expanding in your stomach as they hydrate, and causing you to feel wierd. This can be avoided by making a tea.

The other thing you can try is adding some lemon or ginger or something else to help with nausea.

well that was a beautifull night, a mushroom in the mouth with a chunk of chocolate is def the way to deal with any taste issue, all you can taste is the chocolate.

It seems to be a rather individual thing. I read lots of people online experience it, but I've never felt like throwing up on them, and nobody I've tripped with has either. Different strains, tea vs. fresh vs. dry, whatever, no nausea or vomiting.

I've taken mushrooms in all forms, including synthetic psilocin, and I get nausea every time. It doesn't matter what form I use. Never vomited though. The only way I can mitigate nausea is to take it as a pulverized tea combined with fresh ginger and licorice root, both which are known to mitigate poisoning.

My instinct is that the nausea is the result of being poisoned, and that's really all there is to it. We could delve into it more scientifically but each person has a different constitution and sensitivity.

At higher doses my hands and feet become numb, which are also another poisoning sign. In eastern medicine it's called heat reversal syndrome... all the blood goes to the core making it feel subjectively hotter while the limbs get colder as they are considered low priority, and it's all considered a liver sign. But then, after such highs, my blood and lymph circulation are amazing. It's as though the mushrooms make the entire body clench tightly, and then release, resulting in better flow.

Anyway, the nausea and bodily heaviness come part and parcel with the experience for me. Without ginger and licorice root I would never do mushrooms.

Mega-merged to create this subthread, also I found this remark of some use:

Some body load issues have a quick and easy fix. Zofran (ondansetron), a prescription anti-nausea med, completely takes away any nausea I get from mushrooms without affecting the trip itself. It actually improves the trip greatly when I don't have to spend part of it fighting off nausea. It also works with anything else that might cause nausea (mdma, mda, some research chem tryptamines, etc.). I've tried ginger tea, cannabis, changing the route of administration, several other things, but nothing helped as much as a simple pharmaceutical designed for nausea.

It suggests that at least part of the potential nausea comes from primary or secondary alkaloids in mushrooms affecting 5-HT3 receptors.

Ginger is a godsend. Making tea and filtering out the mushrooms after letting them soak for ~15 minutes can also help.

I never had nausea from mushrooms, but I was told to stop eating 2-3 hours before you eat them, and ginger can help with nausea. Smoking pot can as well.

I have friends who always vomit from eating mushrooms so they just accept that it might or will happen. Other friends would make them into an infusion with green tea and lemon, or blend a daquari without the alcohol.

I did get nausea once the second time I ate pot as a teen decades ago. I made the typical mistake of eating 3.5 grams of it thinking how it was needed as it was not the best pot, and I had been smoking it for the last few days so tolerance would be a factor. I got super stoned and had bad nausea forcing myself to vomit but drinking warm milk with ginger powder I found in a spice rack helped.

While the OP is over a decade old, that bloating sounds like a fungi intolerance. Certain people for whatever reason don’t react well to the constituents of most mushrooms. It’s the chitin.

-GC